Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Chicks-Today was pretty good. Especially considering I had lunch out with the girls at La Madeleines'. Everyone was sipping on Tomato Basil soup and I was good and had the Mediterranean salad with out chicken. Actually I am not positive it was so good since it was quite large and had a lot of olives and feta cheese but I left a lot of the cheese in the bowl. Anyway, I sure did not feel overfed. I think my total calories for the day were around 1700. I guess I will aim for 1700 calories instead of 1800 this week and see if I do better. At least I am keeping close tabs on what I am eating and I know I am heading in the right direction no matter what the scales says. The scale right now has not budged but i know what I did wrong last week and i do not plan to repeat it. I had way to many starchy carbs and probably under counted the calories. Lesson learned.

Marie-Sorry to hear you still have some pain. I hope it stops bothering you soon. Good for you for staying on track with your calories and exercise. I have not been to the Y since Thursday but I did lots of shopping this weekend for the house. Maybe that will count for something.

lucinda-Good news is you don't have 70 pounds to lose. Yeah for your sister. I have the same problem with sugar cravings. For me, it is just easier to stay away from some food. I avoid all the whites except for a few exceptions. (Unless I am messing up which happens more often than I like to confess.)

maryea-I am telling you Girl, it is tough to go out to eat. You need to bring your "A" game. After my fiasco Friday night I was bound and determined to be good next time my husband started eating the bad stuff in front of me. He wanted pizza Saturday night and ordered a large with meat toppings for the two of us along with salad and bread. i had a little salad, no bread and 1 and 1/2 pieces of pizza. That is it. We had so much left over and I have not touched it. It felt good to be in control even under duress.

Welcome Wilma! I have trouble with weekends also. Just keep working on it. I think it helps to log everything I eat so I can see it in print. Sometimes it makes me kinda mad at myself but I am hoping it will help me choose more wisely going forward. Good luck with your weight loss.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:37 AM   #77  

Height: 5'3"

Did ok today. Finished at 1569 calories and just a bit over 12 carb serv. I kept my focus all day and I think I made pretty good decisions although I would have rather had a little lower calories, but think it's not bad.

Marie - I agree about checking calories and carbs ahead of time. I often do but this time I didn't know we were going out to eat until my dh told me he wanted to use a GC we got for Christmas. And I didn't even have my phone with me even if I'd have thought about it! Hopefully won't do that again! Oh and about the scale, I figured the scale is more correct on the hard floor (kitchen) but I just remembered that before when it was in dh's bathroom it agreed with the doctor's. So now I don't know. But dh is almost done with the floor in the bathroom and it will also be hard so I'll check it there. Will have to pull it out again when we paint but will be able to check it at least once in there. Marie have you had problems with your ovaries before?

Ter - I agree with you about eating out too, but I think you have more discipline than I do. Was thinking today though about how much I want to be thinner again. I know how much lighter and better I feel when I'm thinner so I feel more motivated than ever. I also want to at least be 149 when I go to the doctor again in March (hoping not to have to visit him before that!). So plenty incentive!

Lucinda - I think your sister's right about older women and the bad carbs! They do the same with me. Not that that's my only excuse for overeating...but it's one of them. LOL Your salad sounds good but not sure I'd like it for breakfast. At home I generally eat whole wheat or whole grain bread. My dh prefers the white fluffy stuff but this is one thing I usually insist on.

Until tomorrow...I'll be going out to eat again..unless the roads are bad. We got snow today but it melted right away, so think it'll be fine. This restaurant is not online so no info but I've eaten brunch there before and did ok. I'm not so hungry in the am plus the food there is not that great so hopefully I'll be ok. Let you know.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello Friends

Here is todays menu:

Breakfast: fiber one cereal (a full cup) with 1/2c almond breeze and sprinkle of ground flax, one small apple with PB2
Lunch:large bowl of romaine lettuce with a little ranch, light and fit yogurt w/ 2tbs ricotta, sf choc pudding mix
Supper: lean and low carb meat loaf, corn, green beans
Evening Snack: chocolate pudding yogurt, 1/2c fiber one, 1/2c almond breeze

1189 calories, 149 carbs, 38 fiber. 64 oz water

I did hard low impact aerobics today and it felt good. It included some light weight lifting , abs and aerobics.

Marie, sorry your ovary is sore. What to the docs say? Eating fiber one for my night time fiber snack because I ran out of flax seed. Similar calories anyway. Isn't it funny how all our taste buds are different? My youngest ds loves to tease me that my new found love for fiber one is the first symptom of me getting old..... He thinks he is so funny!

Tera, sounds like you had a good day.

Marie, I live in FEAR of Olive Garden. I haven't been there since my diabetes diagnosis. Glad that you had an on=plan day today.

Lucinda, you go girl! You had a good, on plan day filled with healthy veggies.

Well, it is late tonight as I am just returning from pool league.

I thought that I would share one of my strategies: I log my food in and I look very careful after my noon meal at my calories and macros such as protein at that time. I often let my ds (who does most of the cooking) how much calorie room I have for supper. Then, before I have my evening snack, I check again and make decisions about what to eat. I keep hoping I will be more relaxed in the future an able to manage but it works for me. Most often, I have extra calories for evening.

Have a great night, all. See you tomorrow.

Rie
Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #79  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Good morning my fellow chickies.
Here it is monday.
breakfast spirutean mix w/ 1/2 banana and 8 ounces almond breeze=210 calories.

Yes girls I usually eat a great big salad for breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner.
when i was visiting israel 5 years ago all the hotels had breakfast buffets ladened with fresh vegetables and salads. No heavy greasy offerings like here in the United States. so i kind of got used to the idea of salads for breakfast.
but not today. I need my protein drink. yum
Old 01-17-2012, 02:33 PM   #80  
kosherveganchick

I am eating my lunch right now. Hot tomatoes as in spicy, chestnuts and olive oil so thats 230 calories.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #81  

Today went very well. Total calories were approximately 1665 and I got in an hour at the Y for weight training. I like days like this.

lucinda-I work with a vegan. She is also into raw foods. I have tried some of her shakes and salads and thought they were very good. It looks like it takes quite a bit of work to prepare though. How long have you been a vegan?

maryea-I am glad you are thinking about your thin self and feeling motivated. That's the spirit! Congrats on the "1569" day.

Rie-Thanks for the strategy tips. I focus a lot on what I eat during the day also. Otherwise I just eat too much. My new thing this week is to plan the next day's menu in advance. So far, so good.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #82  
kosherveganchick

terapet.. i have been a vegan since my 46 birthday so that's 5 years ago. at first I followed the diet prescribed by the authors of "skinny *****' and initially I did lose weight. But then i discovered the cook books written by isa moskowitz and i learned how to prepare ridiculously decadent (and delicious) vegan foods. i also used way too much coconut milk in my cooking and I bakes with sugar, even raw washed sugar is in the end really just sugar.

today for dinner i roasted fresh cauliflower, fresh brussel sprouts with garlic and fresh shredded horseradish with just a spray of olive oil. Yummm. I ate this with a great Big green salad w/ tomatoes, and mini peppers and 5 olives.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #83  

Hello Challenge Chickies!

Here is todays menu:

Breakfast: 3/4c fiber one with dannon light and fit yogurt
Lunch: romaine lettuce with a little ranch, 3 small fish sticks with tartar sauce
Supper: baked skinless chicken thigh, 1/2 oven roasted potato, canned mushrooms and green beans
Evening Snack: chocolate pudding yogurt, 1/2c almond breeze with 2tbs whole flax seed and a sprinkle of ground flax.

1075 calories, 154 carbs, 38 fiber. 72 oz water

No workout today but low calories.

Lucinda, I swear I could eat an entire head of roasted cauliflower every night. Love it.

Mary, I loved your comments about your thin self.

Marie, on plan? How are you feeling?

Tera, you are doing so well with the workouts. Good for you.

Hi Wilma! I hope it is going well!

Be back tomorrow!

Rie
Old 01-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #84  

My calories were 1569 again today, which is a little high but not bad. My carbs were 180 which is ok for the day but I did get too many carbs at dinner tonight, But then didn't eat much this evening. Am very hungry right now, but I checked my bs and it was still a little high so think I'll try and get by as don't want more calories. Drinking herbal tea instead of eating.

Ter you are sure doing great on the exercise! I'm looking forward to getting back to the gym. Doubt we will go tomorrow if this snow stays around. I did exercise a little tonight while watching TV.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #85  
kosherveganchick

Yesterday I stayed within my calorie range and i tried a new product. It was on sale in Shop Rite for 48 cents a can. it is Red Gold brand diced tomatoes and green chilies. i threw the contents (70 calories) into my salad and WOW! Yummy spicy and tasty. kosher, vegan, low calorie!
Old 01-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #86  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, I have found dr office scales to be very inaccurate. Truthfully, it doesn't matter what it says. What does matter is having one scale that gives a consistent reading every time (like yours hadn't) and using that as your measuring tool. The true number doesn't mean anything. BTW, great job getting on track. And no, I hadn't had problems with the ovaries but the symptoms had been there for over two years and I didn't really pay attention. The pain this past time wasn't forgetable.

Rie, glad to see you're back at your exercise routine. I will take that as a sign your mouth is healing and you're feeling better. The drs have said nothing. I have a prescription of pain meds for next cycle and they did the gene testing. No word on that which I take as a good sign. I just received a letter that I was scheduled for the ultrasound tomorrow. It is on the other side of the mountain and there is a Winter Storm Warning until 4 tomorrow afternoon. I just rescheduled it. And since the pain (if it comes nasty this month) would be in two weeks, that's when I scheduled the appt. So Friday, Feb 3rd I'll go. My nurse practioner sister said it would be best to have the ultrasound when it is really mad and there's a good possibility Feb 3rd will be the day. Of course, Murphy's Law might be applied and it will be the month that the left ovary works and there won't be right ovary pain.

Lucinda, good job on your eating plan. I could not fathom a salad for breakfast. Pineapple, melon, apples, strawberries but not lettuce.

Tera, you are so in control. Great job on the eating and the workout! Have you noticed a pattern to the good eating days are the ones you go to the Y?

I was on plan yesterday, coming in at 1259. Not quite where I should be but I am ok with occasional low days. My scale was nice this morning and said another .2 was gone. Yesterday I rode my bike on the fluid trainer and had sweat running down my back. I doggie hiked 1.5 miles on the mountain road and I Zumba'ed for 20 minutes. Other than work, I think most of the day was exercising.
Marie
Old 01-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #87  

Ladies, I was soooo good today. Total calories were 1360 and I went to the Y for the 60 minute step class. To top it off, I was able to say no to mexican food for lunch with the coworkers. I ate my planned lunch and went along and just had a diet coke. That felt great.

Marie-Look at you with 5 pounds lost. WooHoo! That is a lot of exercise. Very impressive. You may be on to something about the Y thing.

lucinda-Good for you sticking to your plan.

maryea-1569 again. That is great.

Rie-You are steady as a rock. Good going.

Last edited by TERAPET; 01-18-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #88  

1568 calories and 164 carb
Old 01-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #89  

Hello friends!

Here are my results from yesterday:

Breakfast: 1/2c fiber one, 1/2 unsweetened almond breeze, a little flax, 1/2 lf cottage cheese
Lunch: romaine lettuce with a little ranch, one hebrew national hot dog
Supper: lean burger pattie, baked potato, green beans, (then at pool) wheat thins and dip
Evening Snack: chocolate pudding yogurt, 1/2c almond breeze with 2tbs whole flax seed and a sprinkle of ground flax.

1447 calories, 148 carbs, 42 fiber. 48 oz water

At the high end of my calorie range but I feel ok. Shooting for a couple days of "reasonable" eating and hoping to end my stall on the scale. I also want to try to get in the water.

It looks like everyone is doing really well so I will just say Way to Go to everyone.

Later. Rie
Old 01-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #90  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Tera, way to go on the eating and exercising. You are doing great! I'm not sure I could have had just a diet coke when Mexican restaurants put tortillas and salsa on the table. I love tortillas.

Mary, good job. You're being very consistent. That's awesome.

Rie, I'm thinking if I had the last two days you'd had, I'd have been way over the cals you ate. Great job not turning to food for comfort.

I finished yesterday at 1513. I ellipticalled and that was it for exercise. This morning I hiked with the pups and will play Zumba PS3 this evening. Thursday is my day of rest so no high aerobics to my asthmatic lungs.
Marie

PS Also happily on track today.
Closed Thread