Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 221

Height: 5 foot 3 inches

Default New to Golden Girls!

I am new to Golden Girls. Just found this website and have made a commitment to myself to get healthier and need all the help I can get. Help please!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome Whitelight!! Glad to have you join us. You might want to go to the Golden Girls Bios and tell us more about you. We love having more people join us around our table!

Chicky-- Glad that those headaches are gone. I know how miserable they can be.

Good Morning Rie-- I never have any trouble fallingback to sleep--- I am so glad because there are times the "girls" want outside like 3:30 in the morning---That wouldn't be fun at all. Of course, I have a bad habit of leaving the TV on all night --- started that so there would be "backgroud nosie" to keep the girls quiet. Now just have to have it on!

Bobbi and Chickadee-- I have my Mom's Pfaff sewing machine. It is in a beatuiful cabinet and when I got it after she died I had it all cleaned and tunes up. We had to move it to Colorado from here. Then we have moved back here. I have never got the nerve to try it... I took sewing in jr. high school and made a few things, then years ago I took a stretch and sew class when I still had little ones at home. Got frustrating to have to try to do things when they were napping and then to have to put it all away when they got up. I had a portable Kenmore at the time and nothing is so unportable as a portable sewing machine. Anyway, I hope I can get my courage back and try some new things with it. Good luck on finding the machine that you want.

CarolSue, I think I might give the Dr. a call and if he can't see me NOW I would go to the ER. Of course, I worry too much about things I'm sure but I don't like taking any chances. Hope you feel better.

Well, when I got on the wii this morning it was 178.8 which means I only lost 1.36 pounds this week. I was really hoping for more. But it is still a loss and going in the right direction.

I need to get busy and get some work done around here. I advertised my Gazelle and someone is supposed to be coming to look at it. It is really the least used exercise equipment that I have so thought I would see about selling it. I think by using the Gazelle and the treadmill it pretty much duplicates your exercise anyway. Maybe think about getting something else later.

Everyone have a great day..
Old 01-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #123  

Welcome Love Music!! Be sure and come back often and let us know more about you.. We love having more people join us.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #124  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome to you too Love Music!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #125  

Morning everyone. just a quick post to let you know my dh is in the hosp. more belly pain. they are doing some other tests. sure wish they would find the problem. im hanging in there. worry worry ((hugs)) rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 01-07-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #126  

Oh My goodness rosey. We will keep you and your DH in out prayers. Please keep us updated as you can.. We're all thinking of you.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #127  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosie...We're thinking of you, hope doc's can figure out what's happening. Hugs from all of us.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 230/230/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi there. Thanks so much, Karen, for the invite to GGJ. I'm brand new today and looking forward to a healthier me. I know that everyone here is on the same journey so I'm looking forward to the adventure.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #129  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thriller, pasta is no problem for me. Just don't put potato chips near me. I can eat them until I get sick. They are my crack cocaine.

Karen3, glad your feeling better. I'm worried about the cold weather in Florida as I heard that orange prices will rise if the crop freezes. So I'm hoping we do keep all that cold stuff away from the oranges.

Lynn, hope you're getting all your meds straightened out. Getting on track is hard enough without the complications of medications. I hope you had a lovely day with your friend.

Mary, glad to see you're getting the AZ house situation straightened out. That's one worry off your mind.

Marie, so sorry I insulted your Birks. Tongue has been duly bitten. Of course you love them. I hope I love them too. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, lol. DH and I have a friend who told us he had a new gorgeous girlfriend that he wanted us to meet. He was totally smitten by her great beauty. A few nights later he brought her by for us to check out. Well, in walked this rather plain looking girl. Nice enough to look at and a very nice person but no great beauty. DH and I still chuckle about that even now and that was 35 years ago. I hope you are feeling much better by the time I am posting. Just the thought of TOM makes me want to curl up and die. I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 38. One of the best things I ever have done. What kind of bread did you make?

Rosey, I hope all is well with your DH. We'll be thinking of you as you await the doctor's verdict.

Carol Sue, I could have lived with your grandparents. That's how I grew up eating--big meal at noon. I do that now since I've retired. So sorry you aren't feeling the best. I hope the nurse came to see you.

Gayle, I hear you on the nighttime munchies. I have all I can do to resist. I was even eating cold cooked cabbage last night. I was putting it away and it looked like it needed to be tasted. Maddie must be a joy to be around.

Lyn, you're doing great with the exercise. Wish I could get something going on a regular basis.

Bobbi, oh my when I first glanced at the Exerstriders I thought they were your legs and I thought what's she doing trying to lose weight. She looks like she's a skeleton. Then I had a closer look and a good laugh. Your desk looks so nice and uncluttered.

Zoe, your meals do sound good. Sorry you couldn't come to supper. I'll tell sil to invite you and the rest of the GG next time, lol.

BettyBeleaguered/Donna, hope you're having a nice restful weekend.

Rie, great job on the weight loss. Looks as if you'll soon be cracking the 70s.

Welcome, Whitelight, love music & TrudyFay. Glad you found us. Jump right in and start posting.

Hi Chickadee. Glad you're on the mend. I don't get migraines very often but when I do they are terrible. They just wipe a person out.

Karen31, 1.36 is a good weight loss. Think of that much butter!

On the subject of kitchen mixers, I have an 800 watt Cuisinart counter mixer. It has a 5.5 quart stainless steel bowl. It's almost new as I got it sometime last year. I use it all the time, especially for mixing bread. I can mix 4 small or 3 large loaves at a time. I was very seriously looking at one of the higher wattage Kitchen Aides but they were too high to fit under my cupboards on the counter. I really like the Cuisinart and glad I have it. It has a timer which I really like. When I bought a large counter mixer some years ago I also bought a new hand mixer for smaller jobs. It never came out of the box and I eventually gave it away.

I ate pretty good today. I did have a little left-over Christmas candy but a small and reasonable amount. Here's what I ate today.

Quote:
Breakfast: 1/3 very large Ruby Red Grapefruit, 1 slice toasted raisin swirl bread, 1 teaspoon butter.

Dinner: 1/2 Veggie chicken pattie, dressing, ff gravy, mashed potato, carrot, turnip, cabbage, spoonful cranberry jelly, 2 pickled beet slices, 1 bite of Coffee Crisp bar, 1 peanut caramel chocolate, 1 glass sprite with juice mixed in.

Supper: couple of handfuls cashews, 1 very large Ruby Red Grapefruit, mouthful scrambled egg, 1 bite of Coffee Crisp bar, 1 peanut caramel chocolate

The peanut caramel chocolates are all gone.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Newbies,

So glad that you decided to join us. Looking forward to getting to know you,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelight54 View Post

Am so happy I found this site today! Like it was meant to be. I haven't entered all my info and weight stuff yet but will in the morning. I live in Reno, NV....age 57...weight gain started when my dad was diagnosed with cancer. I don't have siblings and they live on the Monterey Bay...Spent 2 months down there through the surgery and caretaking. Mother is well, but couldn't handle the pressure. I guess I couldn't either....packed on 40 pounds of worry and powdered sugar donuts. Got up to 175 on a 5'4" body, then my knees couldn't handle the weight. UGH! Down to 160.3 at the moment by eating little meals all day long. Maybe 6 meals. Still feel like doggie poopoo. Well thats part of my story and I am sticking to it. Hope to keep in contact with y'all. This is so hard to do by yourself. My dear friends are stunners and I feel like the lone wolf. I hate it when they say...Oh, you'll get it off "eventually". Pound sand!! We are all going to do it! Right girls?!
Til next time.................................
Hi Dana,

WELCOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love music View Post
I am new to Golden Girls. Just found this website and have made a commitment to myself to get healthier and need all the help I can get. Help please!
Hi Love,

WELCOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyFay View Post
Hi there. Thanks so much, Karen, for the invite to GGJ. I'm brand new today and looking forward to a healthier me. I know that everyone here is on the same journey so I'm looking forward to the adventure.
Hi Trudy,

WELCOME!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone. just a quick post to let you know my dh is in the hosp. more belly pain. they are doing some other tests. sure wish they would find the problem. im hanging in there. worry worry ((hugs)) rosey
Hi Rosey,

I am so sorry to hear about your DH. I hope that there is someone around who can keep you company while he is in the hospital.

Take care,

Lynn
Old 01-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #132  

Not feeling good. I could not get a Dr. appt., but he called in an antibiotic for me to deal with the UTI.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Lynn
Old 01-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #133  

Thankyou everyone for all the good wishes and concerns,you all are so suportive,luv it. dh is coming home this evening. all tests point to intolerance for fats and dairy products. hes going to have some allergy tests next week and hope they send him to a nutrionest, as he will listen to them. why is it dh wont listen to us ive been telling him the same things. anyways im so releaved and its preventable. he also having an mri on his shoulder thurs and possible surg for that. sheeesh. i spent the day keeping busy so i wouldnt eat, i sewed a new blouse for myself. an old pattern but was amazed as to how much i had to alter it,thats a good thing tho welcome new "GG" hope to get to know you better. Lynn so sry you are feeling crummy. ttfn (((hugs)) rosey
Old 01-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #134  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Gayle, is your DH using the Y membership? If not, perhaps you can do more of a pay as you go with them. I know our Y does daily passes and for a lot of people that can be cheaper than a monthly fee.

Whitelight, WELCOME!!! To the group. This is a great group of chickies. I love your home town. My daughter lives in Reno and I love visiting. Especially in the winter and skiing at Tahoe.

Chickadee, I swear hormones stink. You aren’t alone – my week stunk as well. I hurt and work was nasty. I hope you feel better.

Rie, just checked the super bowl odds and Packers are still favored to be in the game. I hope the odds are right and not my fear of the Packer’s suspect defense.

Bobbi, I do have to agree it is tough to get old and worn out. I’m thinking my brain still thinks I’m a child and my body is feeling middle age.

Carol Sue, I hope the nurse showed up. When are you projected to be healed from the surgery?

Hi Love_Music, welcome to the group.

KarenMO, good job losing the 1.36 pounds. Everything lost is worth doing a cheer.

Rosey, I hope your DH starts avoiding fat and dairy!!!! I’m glad he’s doing all right.

TrudyFay, welcome to the group.

Isabella, to be honest, I thought birks were ugly until I wore them. Now I’m a convert.

Still in quite a bit of pain but it is reducing or maybe it’s the pain killers covering it. I don’t know which one. I posted a bit about it on the challenge thread if anyone is interested. Not motivated to do it again. I’m a bit on the depressed side as I live for weekends and not being able or wanting to do anything is sad. So I’m a lump on the log at the moment. I’m sure glad I have my doggies to hug.
Marie
Old 01-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #135  

I just thought that I would pass on this link to anyone who might want to log in miles. I started it last year and was doing pretty good. I just found it again tonight for this year.. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...es-2012-a.html I just logged in 6.50 miles for the year so far.. I haven't been keeping track on the Wii so just used the pedometer that I have and I forgot to wear it two days. Just thought that I would share.

Have A Great Night!!
Closed Thread