Old 12-03-2011, 08:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/151/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default I've lost the equivalent of 2 suitcases!

My DH and I recently visited our daughter in Houston. When it was time to leave for the return trip home, he had our luggage ready to go to the car and he said to our daughter "See these suitcases? Your mom has lost this much weight". I have lost 71 lbs since January but I guess I never really stopped to think and visualize how much weight that really is. It made me a little embarrassed but at the same time proud of what I have accomplished. I tried lifting both suitcases and it was nearly impossible. How could I have been carrying that weight around 24/7?

How about you? Have you had an experience that helped you to see what you have accomplished?
deblosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I struggled to carry a 50 pound bag of rice up the stairs at work a while back. One of my friends said, "you've lost more weight than that!" amazing.
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Congratulations to both of you! I've lost more than what my 9 y/o granddaughter weighs - 52 pounds - and I can't imagine carrying her around 24/7!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Isn't it amazing when we try to move what we've lost in dead weight. Before I regained 20 pounds, I'd lost 77 pounds (and now have lost 2 of the 20). So doing the math, I know I can't lift the 59 pounds without falling over. I love the suitcase analogy. I use the dog food bag equivalent. Congrats to all on your weight losses.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote