Old 12-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'6.5"

Thanks for the supportive words! I would be happy to be back in size 12 and 10 would be great!

I love your name "billthecat". He's one of my favorites! LoL!

Bobbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by billthecat View Post
I was worried about weight and my heart. I gain weight around my middle as well and my mother had issues with strokes and cholestrol etc. I do not want that to be my undoing. i want to be healthy and i know that is not a size 0, I think that is sick. But i do want to be healthy and be able to move around with my kids and grandson. It is hard, but we have to watch once we get past 40 lol. At 46 i never realized how slow my metabolism was. You can do it and you are starting at a good point. You realized that things can get better and it will. If you need any support please let us know we are all on the same journey.
b0bbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #17  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I agree w everyone that logging their calories daily works I yo-yo w my weight when I don't log-in my food & activity daily. If u bite-it...write-it My TOPS Club support got me back into a size 10.
Use a 'daily food & activity' diary for your foundation to get healthy & you'll see what works & what doesn't for you
Calorie in...Calories out U can be slimmer, the Choice Is Yours

1 for every 4 pd I Lost
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #18  

I have decided on the Oatmeal Diet. Makes sense that Oatmeal creates bulk and makes you feel fuller. This could help me. I love oatmeal too!

Anyway, I will also be counting calories.

I got Stevia to replace my sugar (I am a sugar hound) and am having it right now in my coffee. It's pretty good actually. Not sugar but close. LoL!

I got the Gazelle up and running. It's fun to work out on it! Hubby likes it too!

I hope this can work for me!!! I am pretty psyched!

Bobbi
Old 12-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #19  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Bobbi where did u find the oatmeal diet, it sounds good in this cold weather, TY
Today I've ate 2 oranges, 2 c. skim milk w 4 Girl Scout cookies & 2 slices of toast w 1/4 c mushroom gravy on it, no potatos & about 5 glasses of water. Supper is 1 c. pasta w tomato sauce & no meatballs & later tea or coffee to curb my cravings. I'm out of veggies & will go shopping later so I can make soup, etc.
What's everyone eating that helps them
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:54 AM   #20  

Hi! I found the Oatmeal Diet online, but I had to modify it. You are supposed to eat only oatmeal for the first week. I just am pretty sure I cannot do that. ugh. So I will do the rest of it, which is a 1/2 cup of oatmeal before/with each meal. Oatmeal provides fiber and does fill you up, so you are supposedly inclined to eat less.

I will be counting calories. It seems to be easiest for me. I got a calorie book (not having one of those smart phones lol) and will use that, and the internet.

I had oatmeal, and soup yesterday and wasn't hungry. I am still working on my meal planning. It's a bit tough to actually figure out what to eat.

I used my Gazelle and find it fun! I hop on it a few times a day and work it. It's gotta do something good!

Day two today. I got an electronic scale but when I set it up, was broken, so got to return that today and get another one. Got measure tape. Going to do measuring and weight today.

I am still pretty psyched! Coffee wasn't quite as enjoyable without real sugar but the Stevia tastes pretty good and with a pinch of cinnamon it's good.

Bobbi

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniDoodles View Post
Hi Bobbi where did u find the oatmeal diet, it sounds good in this cold weather, TY
Today I've ate 2 oranges, 2 c. skim milk w 4 Girl Scout cookies & 2 slices of toast w 1/4 c mushroom gravy on it, no potatos & about 5 glasses of water. Supper is 1 c. pasta w tomato sauce & no meatballs & later tea or coffee to curb my cravings. I'm out of veggies & will go shopping later so I can make soup, etc.
What's everyone eating that helps them
Old 12-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #21  

I decided to do the logging thing too. That way I will absolutely know what I am eating. The TOPS lady got back to me. The meeting is tonight, but I can't go till next week as my car is having a tail light problem and hubby will fix that this weekend.

Bobbi
Old 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

After having a hysterectomy last year and going into full blown menopause, I just couldn't loose anything after the first 5 to 10 pounds. Then my doctor recommended Ideal Protein. I said I was willing to give it a try, because God knows I've tried everything else. All I can say is Ideal Protein is the most restrictive diet I've ever been on and also the easiest. In almost three months I've lost 45 pounds and still loving this diet. It has 4 phases and what sounds like a wonderful maintenance program too. My daughter also started the diet with me (she had about 30 pounds to loose), and 2 1/2 months later she is almost at goal and she has always had a hard time loosing on any diet she has tried. The Ideal Protein diet company calls this "Your Last Diet." I was of course skeptical at first, but not any more. This diet is the real deal.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #23  

Height: 5'1"

Add me to the list of calorie counters. It's just easier. I can eat what ever I want, within reason. I do have to say though, that I add eating healthy to that. I eat healthy 90 % of the time, and have some treats the other 10. It works. It's easy. It's safe. It teaches you how to eat for the rest of your life. Our Moderator (smart girl) is right. If it's something you can't stick with long term, it's not going to work.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi, I exercised this am and that is a start. Will write down my food and either point (as in Weight Watchers) or calorie or both. I find when I write down my food how much I tend to overeat. Otherwise I can convince myself that I don't.
I would like to use this forum as accountability as it irritates me to have to pay and go somewhere for a check in.
Gma4 is offline   Reply With Quote