3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~December Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 11:24 PM   #226
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Those are beautiful Marie

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 12-13-2011, 01:57 AM   #227

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I have to contribute to the "dottieness" discussion....

I wore a sweater to work that was so uncomfortable it was irritating me all day! When I got home, I vowed to throw it away as I took it off, only to discover that I had been wearing it backward all day....

Earlier last week I couldn't figure out what had gotten into my secretary as she brushed against me, bumped into me and repeatedly invaded my space during a rather formal meeting. It turns out she was trying to rid me of the TWO dryer sheets that had begun to dangle out of my sweater.

I don't know..... I am paying attention to fiber comercials, wearing my clothes backwards, I am annoyed by all young people, sadly pondering my retirement accounts, wondering if AARP really does have better insurance... I am either becomming dotty or crotchety....

Rie
Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #228

S/C/G: 184 /ticker/ 150

Height: 5ft 8

Marie, the stained glass is beautiful! I hope the recipients appreciate your talent! I for one would love to receive such a gift.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:19 AM   #229
Want to feel better

Rie ~ I worry that I will become one of those crotchety older people who has to make a comment (without being asked) about everything ~ and they are not nice comments. My grandma was one of those, Dad sometimes seems to be following in her footsteps and my brother also. Please Lord don't let me turn out like them.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 12-13-2011, 10:28 AM   #230
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

My knees are a bit sore from last nights activities. My friend and I delivered 25 fruit baskets around town. I was in and out of the car quite a few times. We started at 4 pm and didn't finish until almost 9 o'clock. I managed to stay away from everyone's candy bowls so that was good. One elderly woman was almost in tears when we gave her the basket. She gave us a big hug and invited us in to see her little apartment. This was a woman neither of us knew but we had her name on the list. The delivering part is the best part but everyone wants us to visit for a while. Some are quite lonely. Needless to say, I was way too tired to get on the bike last night.

Rie, your story about the dryer sheets had me howling with laughter. It brought back a very funny memory. Years ago when I was much, much younger and had small children at home and was working full time, I was on recess duty at school and noticed a fairly large bump inside my pants near the ankle. I reached down to see what in the world was in there and pulled out a pair of underwear!!! I guess they just united in the dryer. Fortunately for me, tapered legs were in fashion and they didn't have room to drop out in the hallway. See, you don't have to be Golden to have dottie things happen.

Marie, your stained glass gifts are beautiful. Dusty plants were very common in my house. Now, I just use artificial and dunk them in a bathtub full of soapy water once a year. Some people even think they're real. Yes, I know I should use Word Perfect (that's what I use) but I never do and never learn!

I find the way to stay away from crotchety words is to think them and then say nothing with a smile or even say something nice. When I think of the things that were said to me as a young child/woman, by relatives and old church members, I bite my tongue or try to. I'd rather be thought of as a pleasant old woman than crotchety so I shut up as much as I can in public. Now, don't ask DH if I shut up at home.

One more day and I'll be finished with the Church Program. I'm nursing a hoarse voice which is not good as I have a couple of solo pieces to sing. I'll have to sing in bass if it doesn't clear up.

Gotta go and get dinner (lunch in the rest of Canada and US) ready and get on the go again. Hellos to everyone. Take care.

Bike: 1613.03 Kilometres
Old 12-13-2011, 12:04 PM   #231

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

That stained glass is BEAUTIFUL Marie!! You should be bery proud of them.

Karen

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~
Old 12-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #232
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Marie - I, too, would be proud to have one of your stained glass presents! Lovely....!

Nothing to report here. P.S. I would NEVER be crochety!!

Have a good day, all!

Oh! PT/Zoe - I am AGOG about your exercise class... and for 12 weeks! You and I will be former PT, I'll bet (only on this)... sigh.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #233

Morning everyone. sunny and cold here. i'll be baking this morning. im attempting to make my moms finnish bisquit. its a sweet bread that is yummy but lots of work. your clothing storys are sure funny but i'll bet my takes the cake. when dh had his procedure in anch( they scoped his stomach) i was walking around with my dd. my clothes are loose and when i was getting in the car i noticed my panty liner stuck to the top of my shoe i was flabbergasted and my dd and I busted out laughing, as it must have come loose in my wanderings and slid down and landed on my shoe. as we were leaving the building a nurse walked by and said nice shoes and i replied i love my pink crocs. i'll bet she had a laugh too, wonder how long it was there and who saw. not one of my finer moments but funny none the less. ive since made my clothes smaller. on that note hope your days filled with laughter (((hugs))) rosey

I am enough!

Last edited by akrosey49 : 12-13-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #234
Want to feel better

I have enjoyed the funny clothing stories you all have shared. I remembered one of my own. When I was dating DH before we were married, he was working for Price Waterhouse accounting firm. We were attending their Christmas party at a fancy hotel downtown (Cincinnati). I went to the restroom. After I was done on the potty, I stood up, pulled up my under things and turned to flush the toilet. As I turned, there was this spray of water on the wall of the stall ~ I was baffled as to what had happened, then discovered that when I had sat down on the toilet ~ unbeknownst to me, I had held up my long dress, but missed the ties in the back and they had been hanging down in the toilet water. I tried to rinse them out in the sink and wring them out and dry them with paper towels as best I could. The dress was like a brown velor material ~ so don't know if anyone could tell that that part of my dress was wet or not.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:24 PM   #235
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hmmmmm. I could've sworn I posted this morning, but it's not here. Weird.

Gorgeous work, Marie! Those are just beautiful. As for heart attacking over my exercise class (this goes for you, too, PT) no need....qi gong is a very mild, rhythmic form of exercise...like tai chi, I think. I hope it's not too strenuous, because I sure would hate to throw my money away like that - I mean, you KNOW the first time they asked me to do something that would actually work up a sweat, I'd be packing up and heading off into the sunset.

Oh. Embarrassing clothes stories. Jeeze. Well, this actually happened recently...during last summer. I had gone up to Hubbardston, MA, to tour a sports camp founded by a veteran Celtics basketball hall of famer (he's passed away now, but his family has kept it going and expanded it considerably - it's a very impressive place). So, anyway, I had on a calf-length flowy skirt with a longish, sleeveless top, and a lightweight flowy jacket over the top. Had it all belted around the waist with a wide belt and thought I was all that and a bag of chips....I went to use the ladies room right after I got there, and on my way back to the director's office, one of the secretaries called to me and quietly told me that my skirt was tucked up into the belt in the back.....not quite enough to show my undies (thank goodness!!!) but enough to look mucho silly. What made it worse was that there were basketball players all milling through the hallways around and behind me....oh, lordy....they must've had quite a chuckle over the dotty old lady wandering around their camp with her skirt all stuck up in the back. I probably won't be wanting to go back for awhile - at least not until there's a new crop of players!

I Christmas shopped for two people online last night, and am now down to just DH and one grandkiddo. I think this is the best I've done with my Christmas shopping in years!

Have a good week, GG's!!!

Z

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, 'OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!'"
Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #236

Busy days...not keeping up with everything...not able to read all the posts or post as I'd like esp with the challenges. My weight is up and down about two pounds each way...some days I don't eat right, other times I do, but I keep trying to get back to eating more like the MF way although not completely. My bs was ok just now when I took it but not as low as it was when I was eating more strictly MF. Most of my Christmas shopping done and sent...most sent from online. Only went to PO twice. Mailed $$ to all the gk teens and above. Want to get another small gift for oldest son and then I'm done with gifts except need to wrap three and put under the tree. Our tree is very pretty but looks strange with only one gift under it. Missed my yoga stretch class this am...it was supposed to be below freezing and I don't like icy roads so waited and went with dh later. Stopped and got a few groceries. Now home and resting. We are starting to think about shopping for a newer car. Not sure we have enough yet for what we want though...so may wait a while unless we find what we both like and can afford. Joe picked up some brochures the other day so that's a start. We tend to drive our cars a long time so try to choose very carefully. I printed out a bunch of car buying tips and hope to read through those today. Want to be ready for those car salesmen!

Did manage to read a few of the clothing mishap stories! I've had a few of my own but the one that I don't think I will ever forget is when I was going into the hospital to attend a class (this was when I was a nurse). I walked up to the info desk to inquire where it was being held and suddenly this lady comes up behind me and says, "You need to pull down your skirt!!" as she pulled it down! She sounded like she was reprimanding me and I couldn't figure out what she meant at first then realized my skirt (it was mid-calf length) hem was tucked into my waist band in back, so I was showing my panty hose, panties and well about everything I guess! And I walked in that way, clear across the parking lot from my car! I was SO embarrassed but thankful she had noticed and fixed it for me too. This happened to me twice but the second time (don't remember where I was) I caught it myself and sooner, and boy, ever since I have double some times triple checked before I leave a restroom!

Marie - The gifts you made are beautiful! I would be thrilled to have someone give me one!

Last edited by maryea : 12-13-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #237

Oh Zoe I just reading your clothes story and it's almost the same as mine! Well, I'm glad not to be the only one! LOL From the voice of the woman who helped me, I think I WAS probably showing everything. I'm not sure how these things happen but it does teach us to be careful doesn't it?!!

Last edited by maryea : 12-13-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:09 PM   #238
Want to feel better

Oh my ~ I think of more and more. When you mentioned about your story at work Mary, it reminded me of when I went to new employee orientation. Of course wanting to look my best. I had on a pair of shoes ~ looked nice, but they were old. I guess the soles (a loafer style shoe) made of some kind of hard plastic ~ don't know ~ must have gotten old and dried out. Little by little as the day went on ~ I looked down at the floor under the table where I was sitting and chunks kept breaking off the sole of my shoe. I don't think it was anything anyone else could see ~ but I knew and felt embarassed. Wonder what the people who had to clean up after thought.

Then, I remembered a funny one my daughter told me about her. She is kind of a free spirit sometimes (as in no undies) and went out on a Saturday morning with a dress on to the Petco place to take their dog for something. Maddie was with her. While she was standing in the check out line ~ she all of a sudden felt quite a draft in the back and realized that Maddie had lifted the back of her dress all the way up. Guess the people in line behind her got quite a view. She turned to them and said ~ I'm so sorry ~ and just kept going. I guess afterwards, Maddie got a lengthy explanation to never lift mama's dress up like that again. Silly Sara.

Old 12-13-2011, 05:03 PM   #239

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

My clothes story

When my DD was little, we were standing in a line for Santa at one of the priciest stores around – they had the best Santa. We were standing for quite a while and when we started to move, I felt something around my ankles – my slip had fallen down. As a VERY young woman, I was VERY embarrassed.

Lynn
Old 12-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #240

S/C/G: 187/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies,

You guys are as busy as the Holidays!

Marie, you stain glass in your picture with the dogs and the gifts you made are very pretty. A labor of love I am sure. Oh, and my tats are of a butterfly on a rose and a single butterfly. Some theme about free to be me and enjoying it. That is a Scorpio for ya!

Clothes stories, too funny. I have never gone out in public with that happening, but I did have my DH say to me one morning when he finally got up, why is your nightie inside out! I had no answer, never even noticed! We do odd things at times.

Zoe, here is too your exercise class, wow. I don’t know if I could sign up for a session of classes, too many things always get in the way. But I think it is great you are doing this, I should take your lead (and at least use the treadmill I have at home.)

Lynn, you slip story is something you would only see on funniest videos, I bet you just pulled it up and got on with life. Maybe a little red faced, but that I am sure faded.

Rie, you know what is it about dryer sheets, they get static and stick our clothes coming out of the dryer, but yet their purpose is to prevent static! Hmmm.

I have been spending my free time making snowflakes, I swear I have made 100, not really, but it sure seems like it. I started my thumb therapy, they stick my hand in swirling warm ground corn cobs and it feels heavenly (someone got rich on that idea) then the therapist rubs lotion into the scar, she told me I have a lot of scar tissue, that is preventing me from bending the thumb. So, will see how this goes. I am really going to work at it, I do not want to keep going for 8 weeks $$$$$$.

We don’t have any snow yet, had some rain and cooler temps, but today it was back up to 40, so I am sure the white stuff will show up one of these days.

I want to do some baking but part of me doesn’t, because for two people do we really need a bunch of baked goods in the house! So, still thinking on that, if only I could live off reading about what you guys bake!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Off to a new start.
Chickadeee
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.