Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning, I'm on my way to DGS's hockey game this morning....brrrrrrr. I hate hockey but will freeze my butt off to support my grandson, he's the goalie so he's easy to find on the ice.
Rosey...glad you got it figured out. You can highlight anything said on this thread the same way, then click at the 3rd from the right box at the top and paste what we said between the quotes. It looks like a box with a little V at the bottom, like the words surrounding a comic book.

Lynn...I've got a great running streak in spider solitaire, 13 games won in a row. The last game I had to go back to the first deal to win it.
Sorry, gotta go....Mary...fingers cross your house goes thru.
13 games in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question - is every game winnable?

I can't get over 16% won.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:55 AM   #182  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All…

Marie – glad you’re familiar with that leg over movement. It works well, is quick and easy! I need one for knees… it feels like there’s fluid in there, and it’s sore. Maybe I could do some lifts with ankle weights. What about Blizzie’s tumor? Will you have it removed or is it “safe” to leave alone?

Rie – no chance I’ll fall into the “exercise convert” category. TRUST ME.

Mary – I’m so glad about the house! Good thoughts that the bank contains its greed and accepts the offer. Cash… what more do they want? (more cash!)

Rosey – I’m SO glad your furnace is fixed! You’re not exactly in the best place to be without heat!

KarenFL – if I’m MIA on occasion, it might be because I’ve been biting my tongue and have injured myself, if I have to refrain from comment on the political fronts! That’s going to be hard, especially as the races heat up next year! Are your tendons intact??

Nothing to report. It’s been way busy at work, and I haven’t been able to carve out any me time on their dime. It just doesn’t seem fair. Chilly here but pretty. Nothing to say. Blah, blah, blah, and blah… Everyone, have a good weekend!

Last edited by jess1; 12-10-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:28 PM   #183  

Height: 5'3"

Very quiet here this am and cold. Dh said it was 30 degrees when he went outside. He now has a fire going, but I'm still cold without a jacket. We are puttering around her waiting for the buyer of our rig. I got everything from the RV put somewhere except there is still a box of toiletries in the main bathroom...not sure what to do with them. We lived three months every year in that RV so it's like we've moved a small house full of stuff into our already reasonably full house! I'm tired today because I took some Tyl PM last night for my achy legs and even though I slept I always wake up feeling tired when I take it. After the buyer leaves, besides going to the CU, I plan to go grocery shopping but sure don't feel like it right now! Thanks for all the wishes for the house deal.

Hope you all have a good weekend! We have a Christmas musical at the church tonight and tomorrow night..not sure which night we will attend.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good afternoon everyone. Mary, I am so happy about your house deal! Keep good thoughts going that everything goes smooth and you can come out on the other side just fine.

I am starting to feel almost human again! Not going to try to do to much yet though. I am hoping that we can make it to church tomorrow but even that will have to be an "iffy" thing until we wake up tomorrow.

I was playing around with the girls this morning and got some new pictures to share. Sissy is doing better but still now walking on all 4's all the time.

Marie, how is Blizzie doing? Any news there? Ginger and Sissy send good thoughts to her.

Bobbi, I still intend to answer your questions but just haven't had the ooomph to do it yet. Lots of interesting answers.

I know I have missed a bunch of people and hopefully I will get back to feeling great again.

Everyone have a good weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ginger Santa.jpg (21.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Sissy Santa.jpg (25.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #185  
Donna

CK - oh, the Divas are adorable!! How is Miss Sissy getting along?

Mary - I read recently that the "PM" tylenol pills aren't recommended for us older folks, because they contain the ingredient in Benadryl, and that's why you feel poopy the next day. Continued good thoughts for smooth sailing, for both you and CK!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #186  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Rosey, I’m thankful your furnace is repaired and that it didn’t cost a fortune. That is good news. And after reading your answers, I’ve gotta ask – what kind of tattoo?

KarenFL, I’m very cool with the idea of no politics. Since I’m pretty much a-political it should be easy for me to zip my lips. Blizzie has surgery on Friday. She appreciates Dash’s thoughts. Give a Dash a hug from Blizzie and me. We appreciate it.

Chickadee, I didn’t read your questionnaire as unhappy. Maybe I’ll go re-read it. Nah, I like just knowing you as you are. And Brrrrrrrrr. Zero is at least 25 degrees too cold.

Gayle, I’m glad you had a nice day off. Spending it with a granddaughter always makes the day nice.

Lynn, I’m so glad you’re starting to feel better. I think it is awesome you have your dream job.

Bobbi, try to stay warm. Hockey is a fun sport to watch the little squirts play. They’re so cute.

Donna, I’m not leaving the tumor in Blizzie. She’s my soul doggie and thinking she has nasty cells in her bugs me. And it will grow even if it self-contained and that could cause problems. So out it comes on Friday. BTW, I did the leg stretches after I ran on the treadmill. It felt good but I decided I needed a bigger craft/exercise room. That exercise takes room.

Mary, I’m so happy for you that you sold the rig/RV and house in the same week. We just need the bank to get a clue that they need to approve the deal.

KarenMO, great to hear you’re starting to feel better. Blizzie sends Sissy and Ginger love. I’m thinking she’s clueless that she’s ill.

So I’ve been busy the last 24 hours. We put up our Christmas tree, took Christmas pictures, slept, then got up this morning to watch the lunar eclipse. I had the best view. It is beauty day, so I ripped the hair from unwanted places (epilator) and had my very first professional pedicure. I have pictures of all the above. Here’s the link to the photo album I created. The lunar eclipse was amazing. It kept looking like a chunk of the moon was being bit off. Then bang, it’s lit up in orange as it is the full eclipse. It was amazing. Taking pictures was interesting but I have a couple cool ones. The Christmas card picture extravaganza was interesting last night. Four dogs and we used no leashes. The chosen picture is on the link but before it was Kai’s thoughts on the process. You’ll have to look if you don’t mind slightly graphic doggie photos. Have a great day everyone!
Marie
Old 12-10-2011, 04:55 PM   #187  

Hi everyone. my house smells devine. ive been baking banana bread and sugar cookies. i miss my kids and grkids. wonderful memories of when they where little helping me decorate the cookies. frosting and sprinkels every where and huge smiles. i am also tickeled PINK that i can now copy and paste thankyou bobbie. Marie i have a wrist bracelet tat. its apurple rose,leaves and vines. when i reach my goal weight im going to add more to it and the words celebrate small victories. i love tats. ill see if i have a pic of it. hoping your weekend is awsome rosey (((hugs)))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 251.jpg (23.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 181.jpg (29.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Love the pictures Marie. I agree with the pic you chose for Christmas cards. The lunar eclipse was great too. I wish we felt better and would at least get some decorations up. Maybe after tomorrow (Tim's birthday) we will feel more like making it Christmas.

Sending good thoughts for Blizzies surgery.. Be sure and keep us updated.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #189  
Donna

Rosey - who is that white dog? I know it's not Sadie or Daisy or Gizmo... is it a visitor?
Old 12-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #190  

Jess, that was my mothers dog willie.we took him after she passed,he was a white shnouzer and a very gentelman dog. he got stopmped by a moose and we had to let him go to the rainbow bridge ..sad day. rosey
Old 12-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #191  

Well, here it is Sunday already, where does the weekend go?

Marie, I love your pics you posted, mooning the camera just made me laugh so much. Beautiful dogs and excellent photo for cards.

Karen31, your little santas are so cute, how do you get them to stay in their outfits, I see very spoiled babies.

Rosey, love your pics, and your tat, I have two on my person and would like another on tiny one on my wrist, but have to think longer on that, since I am in the office environment, have to think of it being in view to others.

HI to everyone else and their busy lives.

Hard to believe Christmas is not far off. The temps here are like our normal January and February, zero and teens with wind chills. Only maybe an inch of snow on the ground. Spending the day doing more sewing, grocery shopping, laundry, bill paying and some fun time I hope. Enjoy your day.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:56 AM   #192  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FREDA

HAVE A WONDER-FULL DAY!

LYNN
Old 12-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #193  

Good Morning,
Happy Sunday. Feeling worse today than yesterday. I guess it was dumb to go to gym yesterday. Plan to stay home today.
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
glad you’re familiar with that leg over movement. It works well, is quick and easy! I need one for knees… it feels like there’s fluid in there, and it’s sore. Maybe I could do some lifts with ankle weights
Hi Donna, I just got my 2nd cortisone shot in my knee. Got one before my half-marathon. Feels GREAT while the shot lasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
We are puttering around her waiting for the buyer of our rig. We lived three months every year in that RV.
Hi Mary, will you miss living in the RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
I am starting to feel almost human again! Not going to try to do to much yet though. I am hoping that we can make it to church tomorrow but even that will have to be an "iffy" thing until we wake up tomorrow.
Hi Karen, go slow. I thought I was feeling better yesterday and went to the gym & to the store. I had a relapse – feel really crummy today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Lynn, I’m so glad you’re starting to feel better. I think it is awesome you have your dream job.
Hi Marie, yes and I can keep doing it in retirement with online courses. At this stage of my life, I do not want to be tied down with face-to-face courses, but with the online, I can teach any time/any place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone. my house smells devine. ive been baking banana bread and sugar cookies. i miss my kids and grkids. wonderful memories of when they where little helping me decorate the cookies. frosting and sprinkels every where and huge smiles rosey (((hugs)))
Hi Rosey, I just looked at a photo album of my DD and saw a photo of her (about 3 yrs old) at Christmas time. I got the saddest feeling of loss. Of course, I have my adult DD, but I lost my little girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
Hard to believe Christmas is not far off. The temps here are like our normal January and February, zero and teens with wind chills. Only maybe an inch of snow on the ground. Spending the day doing more sewing, grocery shopping, laundry, bill paying and some fun time I hope. Enjoy your day.
Hi Chickadee, it has not been very cold here in PA. We got that one snow before Christmas and since then have had quite a few coat-less days. The only Christmas task I have this year is sending cards and checks. Hopefully, I will get that done today.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:05 AM   #194  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Freda ~ have a wonderful day
Old 12-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #195  

Happy Birthday Freda!
Closed Thread