3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~December Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #166
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 7"

Are you a morning or night person? Morning
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? Sweet, preferably brown, smooth dark chocolate
What was your favorite childhood television program? Gilligan's Island
What is your favorite television program now? Dancing with the Stars. Since I only watch one TV show, that was an easy one to answer.
Are you a collector of anything? Pounds and not the British type
If you could be any animal, what would you be? One of my dogs or a GG's dog.
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Give power hungry people brains so they'd understand that war is unnecessary.
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? NO!!!!!!!!
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? Telling my dogs I love them. As a side note I remember to add DH to the list. I think he's used to that now.
What's your favorite color? Pink
What's your favorite animal? Huskies
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Yes
Do you believe in ghosts? Yes
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? Yes, tetris
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? Buy more of the land surrounding my property and have a 6 foot fence installed all the way around it so my dogs could run and play and never be able to escape and get hurt.
Have any bad habits? Many, mostly my negative self thoughts.
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? The negative self thoughts
List 3 of your best personality traits: Honest, more honest and brutally honest
List 3 of your worst personality traits: Snacking, spending too much money, and being too concise with people that they think I'm not so nice.
Have any celebrity crushes? The BOSS!
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: I'd love to svelte and slender
Any tattoos or piercing? Oh yeah...
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Their teeth, then their eyes.
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? Honestly, giving and patient.
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? Lying, lying, lying
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Clean
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Nags Head, NC
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Swiss Alps skiing
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: be out of debt once in my life, stay slender instead of yo-yo, retire asap
Name 1 regret you have: Waiting a week too long to put my 1st doggie to sleep - she suffered. I had good reason (long story) but I regret keeping her an extra week than hurting my husband if I'd gone by my conscience.
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: freedom to play, play, play
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: Knowing how to play and enjoy every minute
What's your favorite song of the moment? Santa Claus is Coming to Town by Bruce Springsteen
What's your favorite song of all time? Let It Be by the Beattles
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Sleep
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Watch the Packers during football season / Nap in the sunshine the rest of the year.
Have any hidden talents? None that you don't know about. Most people don't know that I write.
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? Fettucine Alfredo, fresh sourdough bread, salad and a Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae for dessert.
What would be your dream job? To be wildly rich so I could be a volunteer. I love reading Dr. Seuss to kids. I'd volunteer as a reader in schools
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? True love. I'm blessed I married mine.
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? Lots of money, peace in our world, and eradication of pollution
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I'm an open book with all you and a very closed book with everyone else so the list there would be endless.
Do you believe in the afterlife? Yes, I will be reunited with my furbabies at the Rainbow Bridge.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #167

We got a wonderful offer on our house this am!! Joe had to go to a funeral this am but as soon as he returns we will sign the forms and send them back to the realtor. I am still shaking and praising God, so thankful as I never really expected an offer this soon or this perfect! Now we are praying for favor with the bank that they will accept this and let it go through quickly and then let us out of this loan quickly or at least give us a good deal on the remaining balance. At least now it is mostly between the realtor and the bank from now on.

We got the RV all unpacked yesterday so today I'm dong a quickly re-cleaning and making up the receipt so I have it ready for tomorrow. Wow, can't believe it...selling our rig and an offer on the house the same week! Can't stop shaking.... And please nothing fall through... But I really feel positive..not matter how this goes, I know it will work out well in the end. Just would love to have it all over with quickly!

Loved reading all the answers to Bobbi's questions!

Rie - Isn't a no alarm day wonderful! That was one of the things I insisted upon in retirement...no alarms. I make an exception for early flights or something like that but not for ordinary things. Try to make all appts later in the day etc. Yes, to "them" getting you coming and going but it will be such a relief to no longer have to think about that house. It's a great house but we just don't want to pay for it. We'll get the IRS paid somehow...if it comes to that. I don't know about any Crazy Joe.

Jess - I don't know if Bristol Palin has a house there or not, but the houses there are VERY cheap. If I had LOTS of money to invest, I'd buy them up as one could make a killing when the market goes up again.

Marie - My exercise is somewhat different but similar to Jess, but it is simpler and easier I think. I simply lie on my back with legs out stretched. I bend my bad leg at the knee and I use my hand to pull that leg over the other until I feel a really good stretch up into my hip on that side. I don't really time it but I hold it for at least 20 seconds. It has really helped my hurting hip but I also do it pretty routinely to both sides just to keep flexibility.

Well I need to get busy...

Mary

Last edited by maryea : 12-09-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #168
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 7"

Oh My Gosh Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the best news I've heard all day. I hope the bank says yes and the albatross is removed from your life. That is so excellent.
Marie
Old 12-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #169

Happy HappY JOY JOY Maryea such good news. hello to everyone else too. our furnace is now fixed and wasnt to costly. ive been baking this am. everyone wants my cookies i bake and then freeze. so im not tempted. the repair man even had some and coffee id love to answer Bobbies questionair but dont know how to copy and paste any help would be appreciated. hope your day is awsome ((hugs))) rosey

I am enough!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:09 PM   #170

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all......Okay so I took a little poetic license with my dish. It came out so beautiful everyone thought it was one of those fruit/flower arrangements. I used 10" bamboo sticks and had a grape tomato then 1/2 mozzarella ball, 2 shrimp, kalmarai olive maritated mushroom hunk of salami other half of mozzarella and 2nd grape tomato. I have this hugh salad bowl with a grated base that you stick ice into. I used the grate as prop to hold up each stick and had a bowl of red tomatoes with pink shrimp peeking around. Probably15" wide. Should have taken a picture...just missing some white carnations! They ate it all.

Mary....I immediatedly said a quick prayer....wow what a week for you. Bet you are still shaking.

Marie...When do you have take pup to the vets? I told Dash and he is worried. Just realized he'll be 7rs old Jan 3rd.

The doctor only gave me 2 days worth of this antibiotic. Stayed awake all night wait for a cure or my tendons to pop.

I think to keep us The Golden Girls we have to stop with all Political stuff. Especially with the election year starting. I respect each of you and your core beliefs, but they may not be mine. I can wish you each Merry Christmas and even if that is not your faith you should know that I am just giving you a blessing from my heart. If you wish me Happy Hanukkak I will happily accept your blessing. As Tiny Tim said "God Bless us all."

Rie...Sounds like a great evening!

Rosie...so glad the furnace was fixable without breaking the bank.

Did anyone watch Survivor Wed night? Russel's brother was on and it was spooky how much his son Brandon looks like him. Father was a meely mouth nasty as Brandon. I can't believe they are keeping that lying wife beating meely mouth toad on. Guess you can see i don't like him.

Lynn...Where are you? Feeling better?

I am going to clean my closet this weekend. If not here by Monday sent out the scouts cause am lost in the dregs...k3
Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 PM   #171

S/C/G: 187/183/155

Height: 5'4"

Wow ladies I am so far behind in posting, your daily lives just amaze me! Our computer was out for a day, and I was having problems with a script error message on this forum, I think I got that fixed. It would lock everything up. I guess that is why we shouldn't get to comfy with computers!

Thanks Bobbi for the questionarie, I went back and read my replies, I sound like an unhappy whiner. Made me look at my thoughts closer. But, it is interesting to read everyones answer, we are so different but alike.

I am working on snowflakes again, and I am going to make a few Sock Monkey embroidered blocks for a gift, that little guy never goes out of style. Other than that a quiet weekend is in my future.

Sweet Dreams tonight and I will be throwing an extra blanket on tonight it is suppose to be near zero tonight in our area.

Off to a new start.
Chickadeee
Old 12-09-2011, 10:05 PM   #172
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good evening GG's,

I've had a nice day off. Back to work tomorrow.

Got laundry done, worked on filling out Bobbi's list of questions. I don't have it done yet ~ some answers come easliy, others need some thought. Some (you will have to forgive my lack or originality ~ I used some of your answers ~ they were what I thought, but could not put into words). Got a t-shirt shortened. Made some of the WW zero point soup. Gonna try freezing it and see how that works. Made my fruit salad for work lunches.

I am so much looking forward to when I get to retire ~ I enjoy so much more ~ the stuff I do at home and feel a sense of accomplishment getting stuff done here ~ than what I do at work. Work is ok, and I am thankful to have the job I do, but would rather be at home any day.

Maddie came to visit twice ~ that was fun. She had a little booklett and said that was her "naughty and nice" list. Guess Mom and Dad have been talking to her about Santa ~ LOL. We played tic-tac-toe and drew with the spirograph.

Almost time for bed. Hope you all rest well, and those of you who don't feel well, that you get to feeling better.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 12-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #173
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

////Rosey...Click on your programs and look for MIcrosoft works word processor or something similar. Leave on your screen, Then go to the questions and highlight all the questions. Just hold your finger down on the mouse (right button on mouse) and scan all the questions. They will be all highlighted. while still highlighted, right click the mouse and a box will pop up, select copy . Then click the word processor page back up, left click anywhere on the page with mouse and right click the mouse again and select paste. All the questions will appear on the page. You then can answer the questions right on that page. To get the questions onto GG, open up your GG post, go back and highlight the questions, right click copy, go back to GG post, click anywhere on page and right click mouse again, select paste. You can practice this and any sentence first. Hope this doesn't sound too complicated, it's quite easy once you know where to go. Do you have a mouse or do you use your fingers?

Last edited by Bobbolink : 12-09-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:06 AM   #174

Just finished a book called Fragile by Lisa Unger. I liked it. It's a story of a missing girl and one of the main characters is a cop. It's about the different yet interconnected lives of these people who've grown up in a small town. You just keep learning more and more about the past and how it connects to the present..
I know there's a book thread somewhere but couldn't find it quickly, so hope you don't mind I post this here.

Last edited by maryea : 12-10-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:10 AM   #175

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you a morning or night person? nite
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? both
What was your favorite childhood television program?Tarzan and shirley temple movies
What is your favorite television program now? young and the restless,survivor,desperate house wives,greys,private practice
Are you a collector of anything? bears
If you could be any animal, what would you be? dog
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? healer
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? coffee
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? prayers
What's your favorite color? pink
What's your favorite animal? dog
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? yes
Do you believe in ghosts? yes
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? no but love to gambel esp bingo
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? pay off my bills,pay my kids mortgages,estb college funds fro grkids
Have any bad habits? who me nah
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? prejudiced ag fat folks and handicapped.liarers and cheaters
List 3 of your best personality traits: loyal,loving, funny
List 3 of your worst personality traits: impatient un trusting till i know you
Have any celebrity crushes? Mathew Mconnehey
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: being not handicapped
Any tattoos or piercing? both
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? eyes
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? loyalty,kind,humor
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? cheaters,abusers of kids and animals,liarers
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? both
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? where i am
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Las Vegas
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: walk un aided,dance at my grkids wedding,run a marathon
Name 1 regret you have: not knowing my dad as an adult
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: nothing
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: freedom to be me
What's your favorite song of the moment? christmas songs
What's your favorite song of all time? unchained melody by the r brothers
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? read or watch a movies or cratf
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? coffee and the paper
Have any hidden talents? not sure
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? homemade bread,real butter,my potatoe soup,cheesecake
What would be your dream job? teacher grade school
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? the money duh
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? health for dh and me,prosperity for my girls,college educations for my grkids
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I cant dance or sing but love to i have no rythem. but do so anyways
Do you believe in the afterlife? absoulutely

Wow thanks Bobbie i did it.who says old dogs cant learn new tricks lol pardon the spelling but its 2 am and im pooped nite all my "GG" friends this was fun!

I am enough!

Last edited by akrosey49 : 12-10-2011 at 05:14 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #176

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Are you a morning or night person? Morning
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? Sweet
What was your favorite childhood television program? Disney hour
What is your favorite television program now? Masterpiece Mystery
Are you a collector of anything? Golden books that were read to me as a child
If you could be any animal, what would you be? A horse
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Bewitched’s nose wrinkling.
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? My DH
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? My DH
What's your favorite color? Green
What's your favorite animal? Horses and Cats
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Yes
Do you believe in ghosts? Sometimes
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? Spider Solitaire
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? Buy my DD’s B&B
Have any bad habits? Got rid of all of them over the years
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? Being mean-spirited
List 3 of your best personality traits: Generosity, Intensity, Loving
List 3 of your worst personality traits: Obsessiveness, Bluntness, Opinionated
Have any celebrity crushes? Josh Holloway (LOST hunk) I once had a HOT dream about him.
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: I'd love to have no illnesses
Any tattoos or piercing? Just ears
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? Their height – my DH was 6’7”
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? Affectionate, Kind, Generous
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? Racism, mean-spiritedness, laziness
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Clean but messy
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Paris
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Paris
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: ???
Name 1 regret you have: Not being as good a mother as I should have been
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: having my mother
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: being able to do what I want
What's your favorite song of the moment? I don’t have one
What's your favorite song of all time? I don’t have one
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? Watch TV
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? See my DD & SIL
Have any hidden talents? No
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? canolli
What would be your dream job? I have it – being college faculty
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? True love – my DH
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? Happiness for my DD & SIL, NO MORE WARS, NO MORE RACISM
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: I can’t think of anything
Do you believe in the afterlife? Sometimes
Old 12-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #177

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Saturday. I think I am getting over my cold. At least I am out of bed. Actually tried to work out at the gym - only did 15 min but at least it's a start.

Too many posts to try to do personals. Hopefully, I can jump back in today and go from here.

One course is over and the other is almost over. My DD and SIL and I are going to Rehoboth Beach MD for Christmas. Get down there on the 23rd and come home on the 26th. They have a WONDERFUL smorgasboard on Christmas. I am looking forward to it.

Have a great day,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting : 12-10-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #178
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

If you have the time, please copy/paste this unto word and fill it out. Post when you have the time.
Are you a morning or night person? I like getting up in the morning, but it seems that I get my burst of energy to do stuff, more in the afternoon.
Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? Some of both, but lean toward the sweets.
What was your favorite childhood television program? Lost in Space (the earlier shows before it got silly)
What is your favorite television program now? Yes, Dear and Reba, happy/funny movies.
Are you a collector of anything? Not really a collector, but I like Teddy Bears and wind chimes.
If you could be any animal, what would you be? A cat maybe
If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I would like to be like Samantha on Bewitched ~ be able to wiggle my nose and provide things that people needed or be able to make people happy.
What is usually your first thought when you wake up? Is it my day off (hope so)
What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? All different kinds of things.
What's your favorite color? Purples, pinks, blues.
What's your favorite animal? A dog
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets? Unsure
Do you believe in ghosts? Unsure
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? Does internet (e-mail, 3FC and Facebook) count?
You're given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? Helping my family and friends, and after that if there was some left over ~ get that walk in bathtub
Have any bad habits? Eating for the wrong reasons, procrastination
Which bad habits, if any, drive you crazy? (mine) Procrastination
List 3 of your best personality traits: kind, helpful, try to think the best of people until they give me reason to think otherwise
List 3 of your worst personality traits: feeling guilty about things, sometimes talk too much/say the wrong things, whining and complaining about things ~ instead I should focus on all that I have to be thankful for
Have any celebrity crushes? None come to mind at the moment
List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself: wish I didn’t have a weight problem, could eat what ever I wanted, as much as I wanted, when ever I wanted and not have to worry about it (that was my first thought ~ then I saw someone else’s answer ~ for the health problems/pain to be gone)
Any tattoos or piercing? One hole each ear
What's the first thing you notice in the opposite sex? The person as a whole
What personality traits do you look for in a partner? kindness
What personality traits do you dislike in other people? Meanness, lying
Are you mostly a clean or messy person? Clean but cluttery ~ time constraints keep me from being as neat and organized as I would like to be
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? In a warm (not hot) climate on a beach by the ocean (but is has to have no hurricaines or any of those awful weather things that kill people and cause distruction) and my family (mom, dad, sister, kids and grandkids) would be there too.
If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? I would go and visit all my friends who are scattered all over the place.
List 3 goals on your life's to-do list: retire, get my house organized, ???????
Name 1 regret you have: I can think of several, but here is one ~ all the time I have wasted ~ could have gotten a lot of the things done that I want to get done.
Name 1 thing you miss about being a kid: playing and having fun and no responsibilities
Name 1 thing you love about being an adult: doing what I want
What's your favorite song of the moment? Like lots ~ can’t narrow it down
What's your favorite song of all time? Like lots ~ can’t narrow it down
What's your favorite thing to do on a Saturday night? There used to be a free outdoor concert on Fridays back in NC ~ if it was on a Saturday ~ that would be it. Loved those.
What's your favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon? Gork and do what ever.
Have any hidden talents? Not that I know of
You're about to walk the green mile, what do you have as your last meal? A buffet
What would be your dream job? I sometimes feel that I should have been a woman in the 50’s, I like staying home and doing that kind of stuff. Baking cookies, making Halloween costumes, playing with the kids, taking care of the house.
Which would you rather have, 100 million dollars or true love? The money ~ I think I would get more enjoyment out of that ~ being able to do things for my family and friends who need things and don’t have enough money.
If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be? To have no pain, health and happiness for my family and friends, world peace
Name 1 thing not many people know about you: can’t think of anything
Do you believe in the afterlife? Yes, but silly me ~ feel scared about it somehow.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Last edited by glynne : 12-10-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #179
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Good Morning, I'm on my way to DGS's hockey game this morning....brrrrrrr. I hate hockey but will freeze my butt off to support my grandson, he's the goalie so he's easy to find on the ice.
Rosey...glad you got it figured out. You can highlight anything said on this thread the same way, then click at the 3rd from the right box at the top and paste what we said between the quotes. It looks like a box with a little V at the bottom, like the words surrounding a comic book.

Lynn...I've got a great running streak in spider solitaire, 13 games won in a row. The last game I had to go back to the first deal to win it.
Sorry, gotta go....Mary...fingers cross your house goes thru.

Quote:
Ever been addicted to a video/computer game? Which one(s)? Spider Solitaire
Old 12-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #180

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone. Just been reading through all of your posts. Mary, super news about the house... hope it all goes through.

First major goal met 12/7/12. Next major goal ONEderland!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.