Back on track

• I started WW on January 8, 2011 and by October 1st had lost 40 lbs. I don't know why but lost my motivation and struggled to get back on track. I finally pulled myself off the couch last Tuesday and went to a meeting, which seems to have helped to get my head back into it. In that short time I gained 14 lbs, which I thought would be more. I will win this war.

Keep on keeping on!!
  • Hello to my northern neighbor, and a big to 3fc. Sounds like you're on the right track again. Please jump in one or more of the threads here, and you will get support, encouragement, and friendship. Before you know it, those 14 pounds will be gone again, and you will reach new goals, too.
  • Hi Carol and welcome from another newbie here at 3fc! I just want to encourage you to keep at it. I think this community is very supportive and willing to walk along with you through your weight loss journey.

Just look at some of the success stories and you can't help but think "Hey, I can do that too". I know I find such inspiration and hope in knowing that many other people have successfully tackled the beast and won. I think it is important to have a good perspective on the time it will take to get to goal. When I started in January of this year I became very frustrated because I was unrealistic and thought that since I made these healthy changes my weight would come off really quickly. Well, maybe age has something to do with it. I'm 56 and have had to make a major adjustment in my expectations.

So now I have convinced myself that even though I am focused on losing weight, I still have to live my life, so that means not being consumed by the process. I have to enjoy the journey not just focus on the destination.

Every day is not going to be the perfect diet day. Every week is not going to be the perfect diet week. The important thing is just don't give up! You can do this, others have been successful and you will be too.