Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 09:50 PM   #61  

Hi everyone. a long day for me. i was up at 4 am and couldnt go back to sleep so now im dragging. my dh buddy brought my mail and shoveled my ramp. its been snowing like crazy all day. i made a moose roast in the crock pot today with BQ sauce, it turned out pretty good. dh called and itd in the 60's and no snow. hes havinga good time and was picking apples right befor he called. no deer yet. nothing exciting to report hope your evenings awsome (((hugs))) rosey

breakfast
coffee,atkins protein bar
lunch
greek yogurt and granola
snack sf mocha. 1/2 cup grapes
dinner
slice bq moose, cucumber salad
iced tea 10 pretzels (yup i count them)

Last edited by akrosey49; 11-04-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

Aw nuts, I'm fresh out of BBQ moose!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello!

Just felt like checking in here tonight....

I bought Cars2 and we watched it tonight. Pretty cute. Although, I think ds and I enjoyed it more than dgs did.

Mom was still talking to me today about how much fun she had yesterday. I also took her to Red Lobster for lunch. (I had the crab stuffed flounder - a yummy and rich small portion) It reminded me that I need to be better about spending more time doing things with her.

Mary, I understand about the house. Obviously, I made the same type of choice. I hope things work out for the best. you and joe are so admirable for your partnership.

Nancy, thanks for the vote of confidence. I plan to have fun this weekend. Like you, I didn't develop a really good relationship with my mom until I was older. I really appreciate her now.

Crimson, LOLROF. That is soo funny!

Rosey, your menue looks good. I am glad that folks are checking on you while your dh is gone.

I am going to relax and try to get some sleep tonight. Take care, everyone!

Rie
Old 11-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi GG's

I saw a coupon for moose roast at Kroger this week. hahaha

Seriously, I'll bet it was good cooked in the old Crocker Pot. We had a wonderful bison steak in Dallas that was absolutely tender and perfect. It came from a ranch that raised bison for that purpose so you know it was fed well.

I've been reading your posts and trying to keep up, and it sounds like most of you are doing great staying op. and balancing everything else.

I've been patching and painting my basement walls and baseboards to get it ready for new carpeting that will go in next week. I can't believe how dirty I let it get, and how many spiders have taken up residence there. I need to buy a Webster to clean my ceilings! It's sad that I have to do a cleaning for the carpet installers so I'm not embarrased. ;-)
Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 AM   #65  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's

Yesterday was a kind of wasted day. Don't know why I was so tired, so I just sat around the house and didn't accomplish much of anything. I feel much better today, and I have 2 days worth of work to do.

Nancy, I'd like to go shopping with you. You find such good bargains, and I'm a bargain shopper.

Mary, You are so lucky to have DH that supports you. All too often, problems like this causes real problems for couples.

Karen31, Yeah, you got your bathroom back!

Rie, I hope we don't hear from you for awhile. In other words, I hope you stay in that pool tournament for a long time. Break a leg!!!!!! If you do get a chance to post, let us know how you're doing. You'll have a lot of people rooting for you! I have no idea how I got the fraxure. The Dr. said since it wasn't hurting anymore (much) they weren't going to do anything with it now.

Marie, I haven't seen any of that white stuff yet, but it's sure cold enough. We had such beautiful weather Monday I thought Indian Summer was her. If it was, it was the shortest Indian Summer ever!

Bobbi, Funny dream! Wouldn't it be nice to have so many great neighbors. I know it wouldn't be me buying the butter, so you can have mine. I don't like butter. Probably because I had to make it so much when I was young. By the time I was finished churning my arms were numb and I never wanted to look at butter again. How did the eye test go?

Karen, We have to get an H&H 3 days prior to any surgery. It's not for blood typing.

Carol Sue, I hope you come to terms with your mothers illness. Know that it had nothing to do with you. My dad was skitzphronic (boy did I butcher that spelling). He wasn't bad when I was young but got worse in his later years. so the dad I knew was not the dad that the younger kids knew. My sister especially had a hard time coming to terms with it. She resented him intill she started working with mentally challenged people. He was already dead by then. She said she never understood mental illness untill she saw other people dealing with it.

Z, Hope you're having good weather where ever you are!

Rosie, The roast sounds yummy. I understand moose is supposed to be really lean, like most wild game.

Have a good weekend everyone, it's my weekend to work.

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 11-04-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebWoman View Post
Hi GG's

I've been patching and painting my basement walls and baseboards to get it ready for new carpeting that will go in next week. I can't believe how dirty I let it get, and how many spiders have taken up residence there. I need to buy a Webster to clean my ceilings! It's sad that I have to do a cleaning for the carpet installers so I'm not embarrased. ;-)
I think we all do that. You should have seen me cleaning my old stove before the delivery guys hauled it away! LOL Every time any piece of furniture or appliance gets pulled out for any reason, I'm there with the sweeper or mop to clean the area before it's pushed back in. It's just our nature. And this is the time of year that the spiders show up, clean or not.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #67  

Tee hee! When I had my surgery in June I was told I was not allowed to run the sweeper, among other things. DH was running the sweeper twice a week while I recouperated. At my 6 week check-up I was given the OK to go back to my normal activities as tolerated. But DH still runs the sweeper, and while he's at it he mops the floors! Shhhhhh! Don't tell him I'm allowed to do that now!
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #68  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All…
Quick check-in here… have to get ready for work soon.

Mary – your picture looks great! I’ll bet Joe is, um, like, way impressed, too!

Lynn – I’m still waiting for the anti-inflammation book to arrive. I did buy some cherries and some blueberries, since they’re supposedly good for inflammation. And I tried the vinegar tip! OMG, I don’t know if it’s my imagination, timing, remission, or if it works, but I had NO pain yesterday until I had to walk up an incline; I slept well, and I have no pain today. If all it takes is gagging down straight vinegar twice a day (1/2 tsp each time, instead of 1 tsp once a day), I’ll do it! I can’t describe the feeling of freedom yesterday, to be able to take a step and not think about how to mitigate the pain!

I understand completely your comment about not being a shopper but being an impulsive buyer. Thanks for the link to the mystery writers. I always enjoy the books you recommend!

CK – glad you finally got your drains unclogged. When I had to have my sewer drains cleared and replaced from the street to the house, it cost $8,100. It’s good you’re getting the drains fixed now. It would be a nasty surprise to sell the house and then have to do the repairs after the inspector nay-sayed the sale! The tree limbs are terrible! How are you doing with the keyboard?

Marie – the vinegar is harsh and acrid and strong and will make you gag! However, if you put it in a bit of warm water and just chug it, it’s not so bad.

Bobbi – did your eye test go okay? Headaches?

Just an aside on the baking soda/vinegar/salt clog remedy… it can back up and boil out of the drain, so KEEP YOUR FACE AWAY from that drain!

Mary – the laws about bankruptcy have changed, and you’re (generic) punished a lot more now than used to be the case. Before you do anything like that, I beseech you to talk to an attorney! In fact, a real estate attorney might be a good use of money right now.

Rosie – when does DH come home?

Freda – good to hear from you! Hope your back is mending!

Nothing much going on here... cold! I had hoped to get the sprinkler turned off yesterday, but the ground is still covered with snow. Supposed to be in the 50's today, so maybe it'll melt enough that I can get to the control box. This came on too early this year! Otherwise, status quo...

Everyone, have a good day Any Newbies - welcome! Later!

Old 11-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #69  

I must have missed something. Who is drinking the vinegar, and why?
Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #70  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Val, I'm sorry about your dad's and gs's misadventure. No long term problems so all is good. I hope your dad understands little accidents are normal with little kids and not to fret. And I pick out books for most of the same reasons you do. Apparently cozy isn't high on my list. Good luck in the tournament. You'll kick butt, I know you will.

Mary, what would happen if you just signed the deed over to the bank? And I 100% agree and understand about not feeling right about letting it go to foreclosure. I'm appalled when I hear about people doing that when they have the job/means to pay the mortgage. A full-time co-worker and his full time employed wife decided their house wasn't worth what they owed so they refused to pay the mortgage. BTW, they'd just refinanced to take 80K of equity and never made a payment. I'm confused how that is different than taking a gun to the bank and robbing it. So I'm very proud to call you my friend that you aren't taking the easy way out. I'm guessing the group of us would respond the same way you are. And how wonderful that you and your DH are sharing the stress. Not feeling alone does take some of the edge from it. Now if your son could just grow a conscience.

Nancy, what's the fun in buying fuzzy slippers and putting them away till next year. If they're all different colors, you'll alternate and they won't be worn as often so the wear rate will be slower. The same number of pairs will last the same amount of time.

Rosey, I hate when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. The whole time I just know the late afternoon and evening will be miserable.I hope you got a good night sleep last night and are having a great day today.

WW, giggling at cleaning for the carpet layers.

Freda, I'm glad your back is getting better. My FIL had a local anesthetic surgery that put some type of glue like stuff on his fractured spine (and shoulder and hip). Before he passed, he said it worked wonders. So if it comes back, something to think about.

Carol Sue, I think it's awesome your DH is doing some of the cleaning. I bet he likes knowing it helps you out, regardless that you can do it now.

Donna, really, honestly the vinegar helped? How awesome is that?!?!?! And great advice about Mary talking to a real estate lawyer. Very good advice.

I love Fridays. Most of the time I look forward to the weekend but not as much this weekend. Tomorrow is time with DIL and I'm not completely looking forward to it. I will try and hope for the best. I had the munchies yesterday but am doing better today. Nothing much more happening in my life. Today is a teacher prep day for quarter 1 grades. That means that we're 25% done with the school year. That's always nice. Too bad I'm still in the beginning of school year drowning mode. Well, best start to swim from the work wave drowning me.
Marie
Old 11-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #71  

Good morning! The sun is shining so looks like it'll be a nice day. We still did not get back to the gym so guess that will be next week now. Dh didn't sleep well and I need to stay home for the realtor's call plus have much to do.

Marie - I would love to just sign it over to the bank! But they won't let us unless we go through a short-sale (90 days) and they have to approve us for the short-sale. We have to show a hardship which with our income is not easy but I have written a hardship letter (part of the form) and we are hoping and praying they will approve it. If it goes into short-sale and doesn't sell, then they say we may be able to do write it over to the bank (Deed in Lieu). That's what we are hoping for. This foreclosure thing has gotten ridiculous! In some cases it is understandable but I'm concerned that all these foreclosures are ultimately going to hurt our country. Whatever happen to honoring your promise? No one ever promised us the value would stay the same. That's why we are trying to work with the bank. Have a good weekend!!

Donna - Yeah Joe has finally noticed I'm getting smaller. LOL Mostly he sees that my tummy is getting flatter. I know it is flatter but when I sit down it still seems awful big. What am I going to do with all the loose skin?!! I think it might be better to lose slowly....but suppose I will slow down soon. Funny for me to want it to slow down though as I've been feeling like it's taking so long all this time! And I'm scared to eat more for fear it will stop! And no we are not even considering bankruptcy! I'm not sure we need a lawyer at this time, might be something to consider if things don't do well. Our son's lawyer was to call us yesterday just to offer advice but he didn't call. He was just doing it at our son's request..no charge to us.

Slmn - I'm the same way whenever furniture or appliances are moved. It's about the only time those areas get cleaned.

You all have a wonderful day!

Last edited by maryea; 11-04-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #72  

Last day of my vacation, and I am enjoying it. Hope it last extra long.

Here's to a good Friday for everyone.

Chickadeee
Old 11-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #73  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Chickadee, I love your picture!
Old 11-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #74  

I love your pic too Chickadeee! You look so nice and friendly! So glad to have you on this forum with us and enjoy your posts. Donna, I like your kitty picture too! So cute.

Our son's check finally arrived yesterday, so that pays us back for 1/2 the payment for Oct.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #75  

Hi everyone. i just set a chicadee free that was trapped in my bird feeder. not easy walking in 8 inches of snow with a walker and paralyzed legs. i was so excited to see him fly away it was like i was too! and another nsv hoping your day has some awsome feel good moments (((hugs)) rosey
Closed Thread