Holiday Challenge

You're on Page 4 of 16
Go to
  • Days not over but it isn't looking good. Started out fine with MF pancakes, am snack was a MF PB crunch bar. Then we went to Red Robin for lunch and I'd been wanting their SW chicken salad ...had it in CA last winter and been wanting it again ever since. I should have checked the calories before I ordered...over 800 calories!! On the plus side I only had about 2/3 of the salad and about 1/3 of the chicken, but I caved and shared a cookie sundae with dh...my half almost 200 calories probably. So all i can do is be careful tonight and get a little exercise..then try and do really well tomorrow. On a positive note..A friend told me my face is looking leaner...the first person to notice.
  • Mary, I think most plans are best with a couple cheat meals as long as you get back on the wagon asap. I'm not sure that's the case with MF. Be careful with ketosis! I'm glad you had a friend acknowledge your hard work!

I was on plan yesterday and am on plan today. I wish I could find a happy medium to being perfect or being a screw up. For now, I will only strive for perfection as I will lose weight during the holidays. It's like my mantra these days.
    Marie
  • Maryea-That is too bad about the Red Robin goodies. Eating out is tough. At least it tasted good. Keep your eye on the prize Girl!

Marie-Aw perfection. It has its downsides but you cannot argue with the results. You take those perfect days when they come along and savor the victory.

My results on the other hand are not so good. I am still ten pounds overweight. I guess I should be happy it is not more. It appears I have been under counting my calories. I have probably been eating too much in the bread, rice, pasta category. I guess that is my next area of attack. I continue to be very good about the snacks, alcohol and sweets. Yeah. Thank goodnes for that much. I think my calories were good today but who knows for sure. At least I did not eat out and I spent 60 minutes at the Y for a step class. Don't count me out yet, I am still a contender!
  • Did much better today! Still have two MF meals to go tonight and dinner was a bit high...meatballs with sauce and salad..no pasta..very yummy...but otherwise I'm been right on target so think I'll be ok. Might come in just slightly over 1000 cal.

BTW, I didn't gain! I even lost .4#...of course this is not my weekly weight, so who knows what it will by then.
  • Awright Maryea! Good goin' Lady.

I had an on plan day also. Plus 60 minutes at the Y for weight training. My weight was down a bit today. Hopefully it will keep moving in the right direction.
  • Didn't gain, in fact I lose .4#! Actually came in slightly under 1000 calories yesterday. Today I'm OP and so far have only 639 calories so probably will end up having to eat a little more tonight to make sure I get at least 800. Tomorrow is my "official" weigh-in day. Hoping to hit a completely new number but would be happy with 153....will see...My dh said yesterday that he does think I'm looking thinner! So that's two people now..

I didn't get any exercise today but will try and get some this evening. I think Tues is going to be my day off from the gym.

Terapet - good job at the Y! I love weight training and would like to do more of it.
  • Weight was 152.6, I lost 2.2# this week! So far OP today.
    breakfast was MF pancakes with 1 t. Smart Balance and 2 t. sugar-free syrup.
    am snack was a MF caramel bar
    Exercised as usual at gym.

We went shopping after gym and I got to feeling sick...realized it was likely my bs. Luckily I had some bars in the car and dh went and got me one. I usually cut back on my medication when I know I'll be working out but forgot this morning and took the whole dose!
  • maryea-Congratulations for losing 2.2 pounds. Awesome.

My day has been on plan, no thanks to me. It is my day off from exercising and since my hubby is not traveling this week for a change, I tried to tempt him into having a glass of wine after work. Sadly, he would not go along with my wickedness so extra calories averted. I am sure I will be thankful in the morning when I face the scale!
  • Tera, give your DH a hug of thanks for helping you stay on track today. Good job on the workouts the last two days!

Mary, you're doing fabulous! Congrats on the 2.2 pound loss. I'm glad your DH is seeing a difference. How is he handling eating while you're on medfast?

I've been on target all week. I think righteousness is in our efforts. As I'm not weighing since I then go over-obsessed with it (daily scale time then Letting it ruin/make my day) I don't know how much I've lost. But I do know I've lost. My jeans are more comfy, even after washing them and drying them on high heat. Exercise is good but that's not my problem. Mine is the morning munchies and they're staying at bay.
    Marie
  • Marie, it's the same as usual for dh. He has always prepared his own breakfast and lunch and I make dinner...protein and veggie and sometimes a starch for him. So it's really no different now except he does like sauces and I do them less now. But tonight I did make sauce in our chicken dish and served it with rice for him. I just picked out the chicken and ate it with vegetables.

I'm still OP. I got a new package of food today and was very tempted to try one of the salty snacks tonight even though I'd had all my meals. I can't say I have any serious cravings but when I think about eating off plan it is usually for something salty. I get 1 T of peanut butter a day which really helps and sometimes I sneak a few nuts (shouldn't really have both!). But I didn't give in and it was actually easy to resist because I was full. I just say no, can't do that.

I fear the dreaded plateau...last time I successfully dieted I lost 33 lbs before I hit it. I hope I can reach my goal before it hits. Just not sure exactly what "my goal" is! At least 12 more pounds or maybe 22 I've decided I'll know it when I see it!

A NSV today...our son called...still no job, maybe one in Dec...meantime we are paying the mortgage payment. I was feeling at peace about the whole thing until he called but then there I go into depression about it. In the past I would have turned to food to feel better, but this time I turned to reading the Bible and praying and I'm ok again. So much better than eating!!

Terapet, I'm glad your dh helped you keep OP and you will be glad tomorrow too. We can do this! One meal, one day, one week at a time..
  • Mary - ATTA GIRL!!!! You didn't emotion eat. That is fantastic. I love when that happens. Don't you? A very wonderful NSV!

I'm on track today. Tomorrow I have a road trip and conference and I'm worried about car munching. I will bring apples as a snack. Car munchies are my downfall. When we drive across America, I actually call it eating my way across America. So tomorrow will be a test.
    Marie
  • I know what you mean about the munchies when traveling. Cheetos have always been my "traveling food." Of course they require a diet Pepsi and are often followed by a candy bar! But that's all changed now.

I'm OP again today...and my carbs are very good. I got some Cheese Pizza Bites in my latest box from MF and was really looking forward to them. But the last time I ate them (and liked them) I had diet Pepsi. Guess they are only good with Pepsi. Couldn't even eat them all tonight. I'll put them away until sometime when I have a soda.

No exercise today but we plan to go tomorrow.
  • Mary, any reason you can't have Diet Pepsi on your diet? I must have one a day.

I succeeded today on the car trip. I stayed in my calories so that is a relief. No exercise as I left the house a 5:30 this morning but I'm going to walk the doggies once DH gets home. Today was a successful day.
  • Yes I can have diet soda once a day, but I normally don't have it at home. Since I've had osteoporosis in the past (last check my bones were ok!) and it's bad for the bones, I try to avoid it. I do drink it when I'm at a restaurant and sometimes when traveling or on a holiday maybe but that's about it. We haven't kept it in the house for several years.

I'm OP today but barely LOL I was hungry mid-day today which is really unusual for me. And tonight I while I wasn't really hungry I just wanted to eat. I allowed myself a little more but still stayed within my limits. Tonight I had a bag of MF Chili Nacho Cheese Puffs and I still like them even without a soda! I did my usual Friday machine workout at the gym.

Glad you survived your road trip, Marie and stayed OP!
  • Good Morning Chicks,

I have missed the past few days because I was not being good. I am going to try to be better today but weekends are hard. So are weekdays for that matter. Sigh. Anyway, I looked at the stats I keep for myself and although my total calories could be better, they are in line with my usual weight loss pattern. However, I am not getting the same amount of exercise in. I will need to either adjust what I eat or spend more time at the Y or both. I am on my way to the Y for two classes this morning so at least I will get the exercise right today.

Marie-Do you actually drive across America? I lived in Seattle at one time and I have made the trip from there to Omaha,Nebraska many times to see my family. Long but beautiful. I am not sure I am up for long road trips anymore, though I log a lot of miles between Atlanta and Tallahassee to see my daughter at school!

maryea-Sounds like you are doing great on your diet. Good for you!