Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #31  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Terra, good job on getting to the Y for a step class. That would kill my knees. Mary, glad you're back on track and Tabby, way to go on nearing goal.

I wasn't OP this weekend since I was traveling to an amusement park with DGS. But I knew I wouldn't be and I was OP today (pretty much as I didn't log but know I wasn't hungry). Cool part of the weekend is I didn't overeat. I love CA and having the calorie counts on the menu. I really like that.
Marie
Old 10-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Way to go Marie. Nice job not overeating while traveling. I was in California this summer. The food was delicious!

Today was on plan for me. No alcohol, no snacks and an hour at the Y for step class. I even kept the calories lower today. I would really like to keep this up. Last year I weighed less so I have a bunch of clothes I can't wear unless I lose at least ten pounds. I am also looking to live a healthier lifestyle.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

Still OP (per MY rules, not MF) and worked out at the gym. I have a cold and feel miserable but hasn't affected my appetite. I usually eat the same even when sick. I ate more my own "adapted" recipes though perhaps because of that. I usually only have two a day. Today I had four! My coach wouldn't like that but as I've said before it's MY diet. L&G meal was 2 whole eggs, 1/2 c Eggbeaters scrambled with lots of onion, green pepper, and mushrooms and topped with a chopped-up tomato! Very filling but UGH, I'm now sick of eggs! ;-) Received two tops I ordered today ...size L instead of XLg and they fit...one was even slightly loose in the neck but ok. It's really pretty and dressier than I expected. The other one is ok and long sleeved which I needed. The upper arms fit a teeny bit snug but ok...I can definitely tell I'm getting smaller which is exciting! I visited a friend today I don't see often though and she didn't notice. She's not well though and has lost ten pounds herself (without trying). I don't think she can think about others really at this time in her life so I understand. And even dh can't tell yet except he says my tummy's a little flatter. I have to lose at least 20# before people start noticing from past experience. I'm reminding myself I have to be patient! :-)

Last edited by maryea; 10-18-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #34  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, way to go on yesterdays OP. An hour of step aerobics??? My knees would disintegrate so excellent job. I'm with you on many clothes that will fit if I lose ten pounds.

Mary, YES!!!! on the smaller size. By after the holidays, you'll be even a size smaller. I think our DH's don't notice the changes (loss and gain) because they see us daily and the changes are so slow. With the exception of gaining because that pretty much seems overnight.

I had some trouble yesterday. DH is on day shift for a month and so making up any calorie overload from the morning is easy when he's on swings - I just don't eat much at dinner. With him on days, I must be angelic during the morning and my munchie time is morning. Evenings I could care less about food. So yesterday I'd had a non-fat tall (small) mocha at Starbucks. Guess how many calories I was over yesterday. Ah, the equivalent of that said mocha.

So I figure giving you today's update right before lunch is safe. I made it through the morning munchies and afternoons and evenings are a breeze. I will be on plan today.
Marie
Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #35  

Maryea-Sorry your cold is making you feel miserable. I hope you get well soon. Hang in there on the compliments. They will be there in no time. In the meanwhile enjoy those smaller sizes. That's a great feeling, right?!

Marie-Guess I am lucky with the knees. I do have trouble with my lower back but happily most of my exercise actually helps. I wouldn't get too worried about a small non fat mocha. At least they were yummy calories. Glad today is going well for you.

I had another on plan day today. Good, since I am going to need a whole, bunch of them to lose ten pounds!!
Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 AM   #36  

Did my yoga stretch class this am. Had to bake some brownies for a social gathering after an informational meeting. I ate one piece so can't say I'm OP today but at the dessert social I did not eat any! That's quite the accomplishment for me! There were lots of very yummy desserts there.
I also counted that one brownie as one of my mini-meals.

So today's meals:
breakfast - 1/2 Biggest Loser Shake with added fiber
lunch - vegetable beef soup with added fiber
snack - mocha frappe
dinner - grilled talapia, large salad and the brownie
snack - french vanilla MF shake

Ended with 810 calories, 98 gms carb, 91.3 gms protein and 16.4 gms fat (4.9 sat). Not bad for such a high-temptation day!
Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #37  

Way to Go Maryea. I find desserts a huge temptation. I rarely allow myself anything except a few substitutions. The scale will thank you!

I am pretty sure I had another on plan day. I guess the amount for a lot of my calories and I had leftover meatloaf for dinner. Hopefully I made a good guess. Of course no alcohol or snacks and I do not even miss it. Yeah baby!

Last edited by TERAPET; 10-19-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:21 PM   #38  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, way to go being OP. I know you can do the whole bunches of OP days to lose your 10 pounds. I'm joining you on that quest.

Mary, I'd say 810 cals is an OP day. Perhaps under but I know your doing Med-Fast and that's the range. You are doing so great!!!!

I'm on plan today. I was tempted with a maple cinnamon roll but resisted. I mentioned to my co-worker that I'm going to a conference with tomorrow that I know where the Starbuck is in the town. She said, "No you can't have one" since I mentioned Monday's overage. I said that I wouldn't be making my homemade afternoon mocha and the 'Bucks is in the plan tomorrow. I love that she told me no (although she mentioned the cinnamon roll but I don't think she'd really have given me one). I have chicken breast in the toaster oven. I found I liked chicken breast with picante sauce, then sealed in foil and baked. Juicy and tasty. Oh, and healthy.
Marie
Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #39  
Lifelong Journey Member

I wasn't able to check in yesterday but I was on a road trip and still stayed in my calorie range. I'm happy about that. OK, very happy. It is so easy to fall off the wagon when riding in a car.
Marie
Old 10-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hi all!

I made it through the conference this week with only one day that I went over calories. I stayed under on carbs. I was only a little over.

Today had the potential of being a bad day. I woke at 3am in the hotel with a raging cold. Nothing to eat, no plan, no cold meds. I waited till sunup to head for home. Hit the Walmart for sf medication and throat drops. I got the soy latte that I planned for breakfast. And then,,,, there I was in the Micky D's drive through. I ate one of those breakfast biskets. I logged it into my food log. I can make up for the calories and I will be ok for the day. But, darn! my body sure could have used good nutrients instead of the junk that I ate for almost 450 calories! Rats. Having light homemade broth with no carb veggies for supper.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #41  
Lifelong Journey Member

Val, I hope you feel better soon! Why do we get sick before weekends? The cool thing about your conference is you did great. The McD experience is gone and I bet you did make up that splurge.

I'm on target today. When I lost all my weight (I had made it to goal) I was on road trips, international trips, etc. But since maintenance started, I used the old, "special circumstances" and let myself eat and then it would take 2-21 days to get back on track. Hence the reason to dump the regained pounds. So yesterday was good that I stayed on plan and didn't consider it a special circumstance. Like Rie didn't consider her conference a special reason to eat. Why I wanted this holiday challenge. No more special circumstances that happen often.
Marie
Old 10-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #42  

Hi Ladies,

Marie-I agree with no more special circumstances. When I allow myself to enjoy certain food items, I very easily slip back into old habits. Then I have to break them again! Plus, those extra calories per day really add up quickly. It is so easy to overeat my calorie limit. Conversely, it is not easy at all to consistently stay under my calorie needs in order to lose it. Waah. Also Marie, I think you are lucky to have a co-worker to remind you of your goals. I like it when people tell me not to eat something although I have to admit I don't always take the advice!

Rie-I hope you feel better soon. Too bad about the breakfast incident. Oh well now you got that out of your system, right? You probably will not feel the need to eat at McDonalds again for a good long while. Plus, the longer you manage to stay away, the less you will be interested in it anyway. Lesson learned.

The scale has hardly budged this week although I think I am eating better. Hopefully some weight loss will show up soon. If not, I obviously will need to work harder at this. Today is football and since it is the weekend I am allowing myself my little bottle of wine plus I think we are picking up BBQ. I will have to find the calories somewhere. Tomorrow we are visiting my daughter at college which means many hours sitting in a car and then eating out. Yikes. At least I will not be drinking alcohol!

Well I am writing a book here. Anyway, it is time for me to hit the Y. I have a step class plus if I feel up to it I will stay for the weight training class as well. It could help with the BBQ dilemma I see in my future.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/140

Count me in!

I am halfway to my goal and want to lose 15 lbs by xmas.. I really would like to lose more, but I need to be realistic and set a goal that is obtainable. Christmas time is one of my hardest - as I really do love the sweets!

Walking everyday and working out at the gym 3 x a week. I try to eat very little sugar, high protein, and low carb. ... lot of fruits and veggies and water too!

Good luck everyone - lets do this - ONE DAY AT A TIME!

Lisa
Old 10-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #44  
Lifelong Journey Member

Lisa, welcome to the challenge. WOW and double WOW on your weight loss. You are doing fantastic! I must admit I'm having a good time with the challenge. There aren't many of us but we're keeping each other on track. Have you been doing your program on your own or a specific regimen?

Tera, if the scale is moving in the right direction then that is a success. Slow is all right but I get wanting it to just go away.

I'm in the state I was when I lost all the weight and reached goal. Beyond determined. I really like this stage. Other than the "atta girl" feeling, I just feel better eating right. Why, oh why, can I not remember that???

I'm on track today. My calories are in the exact range and I exercised twice. All is good and soon my lovely clothes will be comfy again.
Marie
Old 10-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #45  

Still OP. My L&G meal was 5 oz ground beef patty (no bun of course) and 1 1/2 cups salad. I tossed in some soy "bacon" bits for a little added flavor. Very good!

Tonight I blended one of the Dutch Chocolate Shakes with 1/2 c water and 1/2 ice and added almond and coconut sugar free syrup. Yummy! Tastes something like an almond joy but not quite. Probably too sweet to have often but it sure satisfied my sweet tooth tonight.
Closed Thread