Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 12:17 AM   #226  

Height: 5'3"

I forgot about this thread...guess was thinking it was over after Christmas! I've finally had a couple good eating days...yesterday I know I went over by 100-200 calories but my weight dropped anyway...and today's been good. 1494 calories and 12 carb servings. That's ok, I'd rather be a bit lower but I should lose on at 1500 calories and below. As of today I have ten pounds to get back to my lowest weight of 149.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:25 AM   #227  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Mary, I'm glad you're back on track. To be honest, I thought you had stopped posting because the thread had been counter-productive to your success. I thought that based on a comment on the Dec thread. I probably misread it and the Dec thread is WAY too long to find it. I thought it was that not meeting your challenge had you more giving up. Since I understood (thought I did, at least), I was cheering for you on the Dec thread. Just cheering quietly as I haven't been in a mood to post. Anyway, welcome back but I do think Holiday Challenge is going to be a past thread since the holidays are nearly over - thankfully. I'm all for a 2012 Challenge thread if anyone is interested. I'm ok with it if there's no interest.

Rie, I hope you're feeling better. Just think what smoothies and limited food will do for your weight loss jump start! Way too painful of a side benefit.

I'm on track and doing well. My exercise today (elliptical) was painful and slow. I could not, repeat - could not - make myself go faster. I didn't make my minimum distance in the 30 minutes so I had to add 1.5 minutes more to get to the minimum distance. I will use an excuse for the first 4 minutes of my knee not tracking up and down correctly and it was painful. But then I pushed it into place and the pain was gone. I still was going slow.

Food wise, all is good and within cals. But now weekend is here and DH's presence is not beneficial to my diet. He did mention wanting to lose another 20 pounds today. I pushed his iPhone to him at breakfast so he could restart logging (its how he lost 20 pounds). He pushed it away and said after the New Year. So... can anyone explain to me why one needs to eat loads before starting a diet in a few days. I just truly don't get that concept. When I'm in the "Zone" I don't want to wait.
Marie
Old 12-31-2011, 02:35 AM   #228  

Marie - someone was suggesting a new challenge...which is fine...and I was just commenting that I don't seem to do so well with challenges...I don't necessarily eat right just because of reporting it... and I wasn't sure whether I should participate. I stopped posting at first because I wasn't getting anywhere and it seemed useless, but then after the holiday I was thinking it was over. But I'm still trying, so will try and remember to post. Thanks for the support. I need to get my head in gear, and stop acting like a child when it comes to eating and just say no to myself. So, I'm trying to take everything I've learned from the many diets I've been on and once again make up my own plan. I've done it in the past, I can do it again, if I just say no to my inner child. Thank God I haven't yet gained back everything I lost with MF so I'm not quite starting from scratch.

Last edited by maryea; 12-31-2011 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #229  
Lifelong Journey Member

Mary, I'm glad that you stopped the gain before the MF beginning point. That is a victory. I do know that the challenge helped me get my brain in the right place to get on track longer than a couple days. I admit I felt bad when I though the challenge hindered you because I very much want you to succeed. I know you have an iPhone. Download LoseIt! and give it a try. It is free and easy. I found it the best tracker because I always had my iPhone with me. The new added feature of scanning the barcode is awesome. When I'm out at a restaurant, I can usually find the food or one close to it. I can't recommend it highly enough. I credit my 59 pound weight loss (was 75...) with LoseIt and LoseIt alone. It was an easy tool. Even DH who'd never dieted in his life got the hang of it within a couple days and used it to lose 20 pounds. It certainly can't hurt. It's much more convenient than a computer logging system. That's what I used to use.

I didn't do my normal bike or HIIT exercise today. While we were hiking with the doggies, I suggested to DH that we do the full 3 mile hike. Lots of hills and the weather was beautiful. Cold, a dusting of snow and no wind. It was wonderful. And I got my PS3 Move System stuff yesterday and it is charged. I bought the Zumba workout "game" so I'm going to learn that this afternoon. It should be a blast! Calories are still in the good zone.
Marie
Old 12-31-2011, 02:20 PM   #230  

I lost 3# this week, I now weigh 157.4 so 7.6# to go to get down to my lowest weight of 149.8.

Marie - Don't feel bad about me, I've always been that way with challenges. I know Loseit is a good program as I used it a while back but I have all my food already in Calorie King (the independent program not the online one) and I really like it. I log my food in daily. Even that does not stop me from overeating though. I just have to have plenty of protein and fiber and also just say no. All I can say is that I'm better at it than I used to be LOL so maybe one day I really will grow up. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to the gym again soon too.

Breakfast - scrambled eggs (1 whole, 1 white) in 1 t. butter, English muffin with 1 1/2 t. butter.
am snack - pb mocha

Last edited by maryea; 12-31-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been a no show. It was part because I was busy, part because I have not been feeling well and part because I have been very bad. No exercise and I ate lots of bad food. It really was not worth it but I am weak! I have even been wearing "fat" pants but I really only put on a few pounds. But, they are critical pounds and my pants are probably tight from not exercising as well. Today has been a decent day so far but tonight is a dinner party that is certain to add more calories than I need for the day. The good news is most of the bad food is out of the house so no more temptations at home. I think I am almost recovered from this illness too so hopefully I will be back to exercising soon. I am glad I was part of this challenge though. At least I kept most of the damage to the last week. I would be happy to part of a new challenge.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:49 PM   #232  

Ter - I've had my ups and downs (mostly ups until recently!) too so don't feel too bad, just use it as incentive to get back on track. When you don't feel good that makes it easy to eat carelessly sometimes. I've been that way a lot recently too.

Marie - Just for you I decided to try loseit again. Only thing I don't like about calorieking is that I don't have a phone app, but it really hasn't been much of a problem. I either just remember or I use sparkpeople or another app til I get home. But it would be nice to have both to synch together, so I'm downloading the loseit app right now. At least with Loseit some of my foods are still in there from when I used it before. Here's another site I found last night. I checked it out and sorta like it but am somewhat confused by it too.
http://www.nutrimirror.com/
I like to stay open to new ways of tracking, so thank you for telling me about the loseit app.

So far my eating today is a little high in fat but otherwise so far I'm still ok. Dh wanted chips for tonight...I tried to reason with him and then thought no that's not fair to him, I just have to learn to resist eating too much. So he's at the store now buying them.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:34 PM   #233  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, welcome back. I will vote for a new challenge to be started tomorrow. I am good with a self-challenge and the "atta girls" we give each other. If there is anymore bad food in the house, bring it out to the trash. It's more wasteful on your hips and stomach than in the garbage.

Mary, WOOT!!! on the weight loss. I'm glad you're trying LoseIt! again. I really like the new feature that you can scan a barcode and it pulls the info into your fave foods. I used to have a standalone computer program (~1996) and I loved it. I used it up until I no longer had any 32 bit Windows program because I LOVED how easy it was to put a recipe in and it would spit out a nutrition label. Then I went to a Windows phone app that did sync between the computer and windows mobile phone. I hated the phone and it went adios when I decided I had to have an iPhone and DH had to have a Mac (I'd already converted). Then I found LoseIt! and loved it. Took a while to get all my faves put in but now it is a snap to enter my foods. And with all the updates, this latest on is my favorite because if I try a new food, I don't have to search or hand enter anything. It's always with me so that makes it the most convenient logging system I've every used. I hope you like it as much as me.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 12-31-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello Challenge friends

Well, yesterday I was in at 1053 calories, 113 carbs and 18 fiber. This included birthday cake and a small serving of ice cream.

Today, I am sitting at a little over 600 cals and 75 carbs, only 12 fiber. I plan to share a 100 calorie skinny cow bar with the little guy later tonight. The scale isn't showing any loss but the (sorry - TMI the pain pills are giving me the big C.) I have been taking substantial amounts of whole flax seeds to help with that.

Mary, I also thought that the challenge thread was not productive to you. Nice to see you here. I personally like reporting here every day. I would like to keep it up.

Terapet, nice to have you back.

I use livestrong.com my plate to track. I just happened upon it and it is easy for me. I don't track on my phone. I like that livestrong will also export everything to an excel file if I want. I kept a weekly spreadsheet with food, activity and bs levels for over a year.

I don't return to work til tuesday. I might still need to figure out how to eat at work because I don't think I will be up to chewing my usual salads for a few days. The soup and broth I made aren't working because the saltiness hurts the incisions in my mouth. This is true even though I didn't add salt tot he broth.

Marie, as usual, you are on track. I will be interested to hear about the zumba. I have been wanting to get zumba for the wii. I plan to start switching back and forth between the walkitout and regular low impact aerobics. I am concerned that my body might be adjusting to the steady level of exercise.... do you ever get concerned about that?

Well, friends, I am going to go play a game of candyland with my little buddy and then hit the sack. I vote that we just continue this thread....

Happy New Year!

Rie
Old 01-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #235  

Rie I don't know whether challenges are productive or not to me...I suspect it is just me but the challenges show it up, if you know what I mean. So that makes me frustrated at my lack of accomplishment and I feel I might as well quit...that's probably it. I mean quit the challenge not trying to lose. I will never quit trying to lose weight or eating healthy at least 80% of the time.

Today I ended up going over by about 265 cal as far as I can calculate. I guess it's not too bad for New Years Eve. I did have some chips and dip but I ate much less than I normally do, so it is still somewhat of a victory for me.

Marie I haven't tried the scanning yet. Was going to ask you how to do it but just now found the instructions. I'll probably try it soon. I really like that it syncs automatically. Once my calorie count differed from online by 1 calorie...couldn't figure that out as all the individual numbers were the same. And it is now the same, so it corrected itself in time. Very cool software!

Last edited by maryea; 01-01-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #236  
Lifelong Journey Member

Tera, Rie, and Mary - I don't know how to close this thread but I started a new challenge thread for us. So go on over to the 2012 Challenge. Love you all!
Marie
Closed Thread