Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Well, I said I was going to enjoy the day and I did. I did excercise really good portion control but really off plan
Old 11-27-2011, 12:07 AM   #137  

I didn't keep good track of my calories today but think they were just a little high. My weight is still up but coming down slowly. Like, Lynn, in the honesty thread, I do not want to gain any more!
Old 11-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #138  

I have been mostly off plan for a couple days with the holiday and then the trip. I am back home and on plan starting with supper. I am just going to suggest that we either have the "honesty thread" or the holiday challenge thread but not both. It seems to me that they are the same...
Old 11-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #139  

Yes the threads are about the same. I tend to make this one a bit more conversational and keep the other one simple the only difference and we also have the GG thread to converse on. So whatever is ok with me.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #140  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Afternoon all my challenge friends. I have been derailed by Thanksgiving and guests. I admit I am off the wagon, it has disappeared over the horizon and I'm running full speed to catch it. Today, I will be on the wagon and tomorrow I will be riding up front. I told DH that he can go back on swing shift starting next week. So do I like not seeing him? No. But there are two solid reasons I'm ok with it. The most important is when I'm off-track calorie wise during the day, I can easily make up for it in the evenings since I don't care whether I eat in the evening or not. DH thinks dinner is an important meal. I don't. So that is the number one reason. The second is the swing shift differential. I miss the extra money. That adds up eventually.

I admit I haven't checked out the honesty thread. I figured "why bother" since I like this thread (even though I've been awol lately). But I will be posting here every day through January 2nd. I plan to post my previous days calorie total and exercise. That's if I post in the morning. If I'm posting at night, then it will be that days. Since I've been good so far today, I will log my calories in LoseIt! and post tomorrow. I am back and I'm gonna kick a$$.

Edit: OK, so I started logging and remembered my rolos caramels. Today's cals are going to be high but they will be logged and posted.

Marie

Last edited by Marie; 11-28-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Oops, I had candy this morning.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #141  

Hello! Back on track

Before workout: 1/2c fiber one with 2tbs ground flaxseed and 1/2 almond milk
Breakfast: apple, 2 tb PB2
Lunch: wonderslim choc shake, roasted mixed fall veggies
Supper: lean pork loin chop, 1/2 cup mashed potato, steamed broccoli
Evening: Two glasses wine at pool dannon light and fit yogurt w/ 2 tbs riccota and sf chocolate syrup
56 oz water.
80 minutes walkitout
1060 calories. 135 carbs

It was a good day.
Rie

Old 11-29-2011, 01:13 AM   #142  

I consider myself still on plan today but my calories were a little higher than I wanted...almost 1500.

Rie - is that PB2 really good with apple? I am so picky about my PB...I only eat Adams No-Stir but it's a lot of calories.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #143  

Mary,
I really like the pb2. I just dip the moist side of apple slices and it sort of melts in my mouth while I chew the apple. It is a difference of 190 calories to 45 calories.

Rie
Old 11-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #144  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Rie and Mary, I'm so envious of your PB. I miss PB more than even the Peanut M&Ms. That's a close one in my taste buds. Allergies stink. Rie, your calories are low. Another jealousy from me for yesterday. I ended the day at 1900 cals. Definitely not good. I lose weight at 1600 so that's my goal. That 300 is equivalent to the rolos caramels I snarfed in the morning and didn't remember. Oh well, at least I logged it all. Heck I have today's logged as well including my packed lunch that I haven't eaten. I ellipticalled yesterday for a calorie deficit of 286 (according to my machine and LoseIt). But when I lose at 1600 cals, that including the elliptical so there's no denying I was way over yesterday.

I did it. You both will be proud. I faced the demon and didn't have a heart attack. I took out my dusty (grimy) scale and stepped on it this morning. As it was less than I was estimating but higher than I like, I was ok with the number. I decided to go forth and lose the regain. So very on track. My plan is to do what I did to lose the 77 pounds originally. Not deviate from it because it does work for me. Controlled portions that are LOGGED daily and weighing daily. It had been 8 months since I last weighed. I hate being a slave to the scale but I can cheat on a dime so the weighing has to be daily. I tried twice a week a bit back and even that didn't work. I'd play mind games (nearly no fiber or salt before a weigh-in and overeating before non-weigh in days). So daily it is. No deviating, even on Christmas.

I did find a nice little feature on my LoseIt! app on my iPhone. I didn't have the calories for the Rolos yesterday. When I wasn't looking (aka logging) they added a Scan Barcode feature. I tried it yesterday and it added the food and calories without typing anything. How cool is that? I love that free app. Mostly because I can be out and about and still log. Anyway. You have my confession from 1900 cals yesterday but am so motivated to lose again. I love this feeling. And I'm no longer frightened of the scale.
Marie
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #145  

Thumbs up

Breakfast 1/2c fiber one with 2tbs ground flaxseed and 1/2 almond milk,apple, 2tb PB2
Lunch: 1/2c tuna, green salad, 1/2 granny smith apple
Supper: sole fillet, roasted veggies, cucumber slices one small egg roll
Evening: dannon light and fit yogurt w/ 2 tbs riccota and sf chocolate syrup
56 oz water.
1150 calories. 137 carbs, 34g fiber

Planning to get up early for extra workout in the morning.
Rie
Old 11-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #146  

I hope to do better today. I've been eating terrible! I gained 4.4# this past week! So today I am back OP. I have ordered more MF products and will continue a modified version.

Today's meals:
Breakfast: 1/2 bottle Slim-fast with added fiber
am snack: 1/2 bottle Slim-fast with added fiber
lunch - 1/2 cup pinto beans and about 1 cup raw spinach - heated together with a little added salt. Yummy! I think I'm a vegetarian at heart LOL except I like a good hamburger or steak now and then!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:01 PM   #147  
Lifelong Journey Member

Happy end of November! A quick check in to say yesterday was a good OP day. I finished the day at 1447 cals (153 less than my goal and that helps lessen Monday's over calories). I also had exercise calories burned. Good day and the scale was nicer this morning. Of course it's always nicer after day 1. Today I'm on track at 628 cals so far. Did the doggie hike this morning and will elliptical after work.

Mary, I have faith you'll get the eating under control but don't yell at yourself. You're in trying times and sometimes food is the only comfort when our children stomp on our hearts.

Val, you're going a little low on those calories. Any reason or just getting on track after turkey day?
Marie
Old 11-30-2011, 05:12 PM   #148  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi, I think I'll jump right in. I'm in the Honest Thread but it's not quite the same as this one.

Today I forgot to weigh in as I was a bit sleepy this morning and then I got super busy. But I got in my exercise and ate pretty good.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #149  
Lifelong Journey Member

Welcome aboard Isabella. With all your baking, I can't imagine being good with food. I love nibbling my baked and unbaked goodies. I found the two threads different as well. I like chatting more than just posting the data. And I like to give and get atta chickie cheers.

Yesterday was a full exercise day, both hiking the dogs (I call it hiking because I'm going up and down mountain hills on rough dirt roads) and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I was cruising along thinking I was putting in uber effort. I have my iPad on the ledge in front of the progress screen so I couldn't see what I was doing. But I felt it. I was zooming. At least I thought. When my 30 minutes were up, I only made it 0.02 miles over my minimum. Usually I'm 0.05 to 0.08 miles over. I just stared at the number in shock. But I made the minimum and I was quite sweaty and short of breath (a normal occurrence for me with the asthma) but I admit I was bummed. LoseIt says I burned 438 cals yesterday and consumed 1455 cals. So between Tuesday and Wednesday's total deficit of 300 cals, it makes up for the over-indulgence on Monday.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 12-01-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #150  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Yes, Marie, it's hard with the baking. I've been nibbling today...sigh... I've eaten light today because of the nibbling and I've done my exercise. I'm adding 1 minute each day to my biking. When I make it to 60 minutes I'll stop adding minutes and just do that 1 hour.
Closed Thread