Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday Goldens

Okay, Okay! I will try to have a better attitude! I wanted to wear my costume to work today and play with the kids but I have a commissioners meeting today at the courthouse so I can't. I really hate being a grownup sometimes.

I am saving calories and carbs from breakfast and lunch today because I want a piece of candy - probably a reeces peanut butter cup. Actually, I will probably make my own by putting a little peanut butter on a sinfully dark chocolate square. Yum!

Bobby, I will look up the flax seeds stuff. I take flax capsules but I am not happy with the condition of my skin and nails these days....

Nancy, funny story! As for window washing.... NOT, NEVER, NOHOW! I can't even use Donna's method because of our darn well water. Any hoo, I don't do windows. That's what curtains are for! My mom just can't figure out where she went wrong on this: her favorite chores are ironing and windows and I don't do either - even at gunpoint! The only windows that I clean are on my boat!

OK Lovelies! Gotta go. I will do personals later.

Rie

Old 10-31-2011, 11:52 AM   #407  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

YooHoo! Happy Monday, GG's!!!! We got a FOOT of snow, but didn't lose our power, thank goodness! Everything was thawing yesterday and then it froze overnight and my street was a sheet of ice getting out this morning. Nothing like a nice long slide down the hill to boost up the adrenalin! (I've got to believe I burned a few extra calories from sheer terror!). But here I am at work and thinking, one more day to cross off the calendar before I can retire. Yeah.
Tomorrow after work, I head up to Vermont for a couple of days with my consulting hat on. Then I'm off Friday, which will give me five days in a row that I don't have to be here. Yippee!

Hope everyone else is doing okay - have a happy Monday, GG's!!!

Z
Old 10-31-2011, 01:57 PM   #408  

Height: 5'1"

Good Afternoon GG's

Happy Halloween! What is everyones plans for tonight? Did anyone dress in costume over the weekend? We used to go to party's every year, haven't in some time. As I got older it kind of lost it's appeal. DGS's birthday party was a real success. Everyone had so much fun, said it was the best party they had ever been to. He dressed up for school today too. Does any one remember "The Outsiders"? He's dressing as Pony Boy. That is his favorite movie, odd since it is so old.

I wash windows. Not that I like it or anything that dumb, but I can't stand looking out through a dirty window. And I don't mind ironing. It's kind of soothing.

Carol Sue, My mom makes chow chow. the old fashioned, southern kind. Next time I talk to her I'll get the recipe and send it to you. Sounds like that is the kind you want. I do use coupons when I shop. I don't believe those "Super coupon" people either. They buy many papers and get them in ways I wouldn't be interested in. If I get the paper and there are coupons for things I really need, I might buy 2.

Marie, We keep waiting for our kids to "grow up". sometimes it just doesn't happen. Doesn't stop us from loving them, but makes it very hard to get along with them, prevents any real closeness. I'm sure his wife didn't want to meet with you alone, she knew she wouldn't be able to answer your questions about why you should apologize.

Nancy, I have cold feet too, and I have to wear warm socks in the house. I wear them to bed too, untill I get warm, then I take them off.

Karen, I use the same formula your dad did for windows, and I use a squeegy. Sometimes those old fashioned things just work. That's why they've been around so long.

Z, Have a good trip and be careful. I hope the weather gets better for you.

Donna, doing anything the easier way is fine! I'm all for easy! I just want them clean, I don't care how they get that way.

Rosie, your doggie ate your book? I would be a little upset. She would have to tell me the ending or be in big trouble.

Rie, I use flax seeds too. I buy a bag and keep them in the refrigerator untill I need them. I grind a small amount every week, just enought for the week. I sprinkle them on everything. I put them in pancake mix and muffins or sprinkle them on pudding or cereal. I also put them in meatloaf.

Everyone, have a happy day.

Freda
Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #409  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi Freda, I actually store my flax seeds in the freezer until I make up my breakfast packets, those I store in the refrigerator. Since we live in the country, I don't buy candy or give out treats. Party? Naw, we sit home like every night of the week.
I set up the November thread for tomorrow, hard to believe it's November already. I hung out 2 loads of clothes on the clothes lines today, such a difference here than the East coast.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #410  

Hi everyone. its snowing out. i knew it would cuz we always have snow for halloween. im so blessed with caring friends and family. i had many phone calls yesterday and today,folks checking up on me and my dh buddy came by for coffee,took my trash out and is picking up my mail(we get ours at the post office) i spent the day cleaning and had another nsv. i vacumed all by myself sounds crazy but after sadie chewed up my book the little paper messes all over the floor was driving me nuts so using the walker and pushing the vacume i had success i made mini taco salads for lunch. it was a recipe i saw on tv. you use won ton wrappers and spray pam in a muffin tin and then press them into muffin tin and bake till brown. then i used lean hamb,refried beans,lettuce,tomatoes,cheese,1t s cream and salsa. they where really yummy. i ate one and saved the other for supper or lunch tomorrow.hoping your halloween isnt to spooky (((hugs))) rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 549.jpg (20.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #411  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

My keyboard got here this afternoon! My goodness I have a lot to learn now that it is here!! It has so many different things to do on it... WOW!!! Going to get some supper going now and I'll try to get back later.. hope everyone had a good day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Keyboard 1.jpg (29.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Keyboard 2.jpg (31.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Keyboard 3.jpg (27.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #412  
Bobbi

Yum Rosey, can I come over for taco's? I haven't check lately how many calories won ton wrappers have but you could sprinkle them with a sweetener and fill them with sugar free pudding/bananas/coconut, etc. I made crustless banana cream pie and it's just not the same without the crust.
Nice KarenMo! You never answered me, do you play the piano? Read notes? Or is this one of those fun organs they teach you to play by symbols and numbers?

See ya there.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-31-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:21 PM   #413  

Hi Bobbi, Sorry, I do "play" sort of the piano and organ. Mostly I played the accordion though. I do read music but this is going to take some getting used to. I'm used to pushing buttons for chords and this one you have to know what the chord is.. But it should be fun
Old 10-31-2011, 07:41 PM   #414  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola!
Nothing to report... just waiting for the beasties, um, er, treaters, to arrive. I am participating this year!!

CK - your keyboard is BIG, not at all what I expected. I was figuring, I guess, those little things that the kids have... and your expertise with the accordion should hold you in good stead.

I have nada to say, so I'll just go away! Have a good Halloween, everyone! Any newbies, welcome!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Jonathan's Costume

I am a Golden Girl with an 11 year old! Here is his costume for Halloween. We worked on it all weekend (paper mache") and we are no artists. But it was fun and he was a hit! (He is a "Threepeater" from the video game "Plants vs Zombies"

Hope you all have a great day!

three peater.jpg
(Click on the picture to enlarge it)

Last edited by Change4Life; 11-01-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #416  

Hi Changed---I thought that I would let you know that the new thread for November is open here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...den-girls.html You might want to repost this over there. By the way that costume is great! You really did a fantastic job!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #417  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbie- I didn't turn to sweets when I quit alcohol, but DH did when he quit smoking. Big time! He always had hard candy in his pocket and sucks on it all day. But he doesn't put on any weight. He has a little bit of a belly, but that's all. His whole family grew up eating tons of sweets and none of them ever had a weight problem. My husband ate donuts and cakes and cookies for breakfast all his life. With coffee with tons of sugar. Even as a little kid. His mother didn't care. It's a really good thing I don't care for sweets much because we always have cakes and cookies in the house. What I don't bake, he buys at the bakery.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #418  
Bobbi

Go the the November thread for other posts. I can't close this thread because I didn't start it. Jane.......where art thou?
Closed Thread