3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~October Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:56 PM   #136
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Quote:
How was the turkey meatloaf? We’ll be expecting a review.
The turkey meat loaf was YUM-O. A correction too, I had an unopened bag of Quinoa and a large bag of organic Amaranth. It's the Amaranth that I hate, hate, hate. I was confused The Quinoa was very good in the meat loaf, it was very tasty. I'll cut back on the Tabasco sauce next time, it was plenty hot. Now.........does anyone use Amaranth and how do you use it? I think I'll probably dump it so I don't have to look at it.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:12 PM   #137

Hi everyone..im taking a much needed break.for some reason i had lots of energy the last few days or got tired of the clutter from my gorking anyways my house is clean,laundry done and turkey breast in the oven. i spent the morning sewing all my pants smaller. id love to buy new but thats not practical when i can sew.when i get to my goal ill buy new then. we are going to be gone the next 3 days. dh has a medical test in anch on wed. but we are going up a day early and back on thursday.they are going to scope his stomach and upper intestines thru his mouth.hope they find whats wrong as he still has bad days. ugh. in the meantime keep on trucking (((hugs))) rosey

I am enough!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #138
Bobbi

I was cleaning out some computer files this afternoon and noticed the date on the Golden Girls poem I posted when we started the thread. Our Golden Girls starting date was May 31, 2007. Lynn, I think we're the only ones left that started the thread. I can't remember who else was around, do you. Also it seems like more than 5 years ago. Do you remember when 3 fat chicks crashed and they lost all the threads and information? I never pay much attention to the starting dates when you all joined 3 fat chicks but Glynne, 2000? You've hung in here a long time! I didn't take the time to check everyone, anyone here longer than 2000? Notice that I'm playing on the computer instead of doing dishes. I'm actually soaking the meat loaf pan while I type. Good excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:36 PM   #139
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

I was here, Bobbi!!!!! I was one of the ones who voted on calling us the Golden Girls!!!!! Omigod! Has it been THAT long???????? Yikes!

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, 'OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!'"
Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #140

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

HEY!! I WAS HERE TOO!!! Both for the vote of Golden girls and the crash!!

That's OK Bobbi--- we'll just chalk that up to "MENTAL-PAUSE!" LOL!!!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~

Last edited by Karen31 : 10-10-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #141
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola! I wasn't here at the beginning, but I'll be here for the next crash!

Bobbi, is that Amaranth stuff a grain and would the birds eat it?

I am BEAT, and I'm starving... so I'd better attend to both! Later...

Old 10-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #142
Struggling Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post

CarolSue – can you drink now? I haven’t heard anyone say they’re “no longer an alcoholic”…

Oh, Jess, so many answers popped into my mind. I couldn't decide which one I wanted to use, so I'll post them all.

1. My original post stated that I was an alcoholic sex fiend but now I'm no longer an alcololic.....but I'm still a sex fiend! LOL

2. Yes, I still drink, but I quit going to those darn meetings! LOL

Now the real answer. I still have a drink now and then but when I do, I get hot and red in the face. My bottle of Metformin says not to drink alcohol. Others here have said that they drink while taking Metformin, so I don't know what is causing the flushing, but it scares me, so I rarely drink now. I would really like to feel that buzzzzz again, but I'm afraid to drink enough to get it.

Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #143

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I was cleaning out some computer files this afternoon and noticed the date on the Golden Girls poem I posted when we started the thread. Our Golden Girls starting date was May 31, 2007. Lynn, I think we're the only ones left that started the thread. I can't remember who else was around, do you. Also it seems like more than 5 years ago. Do you remember when 3 fat chicks crashed and they lost all the threads and information? I never pay much attention to the starting dates when you all joined 3 fat chicks but Glynne, 2000? You've hung in here a long time! I didn't take the time to check everyone, anyone here longer than 2000? Notice that I'm playing on the computer instead of doing dishes. I'm actually soaking the meat loaf pan while I type. Good excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I know that Phyllis was with us - she brought me here from the 3-hour-diet site. Linda was our moderator & used to post on our thread. Besides you, me, Karen31, and Zoe, the other gals were -
Theresa (LittleRed)
Trish (Piano51)
Lily (WoodLily)
Margaret (MoxieSD)
Cat (FemmeCreole)
Joanne (JayJay55)
Phyllis (FloridaDusty)
Lyn (Lynard21)
Linda (Meowee)
Paula (GrammPaula)
Linda (LindaD)

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting : 10-10-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #144

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

About the 2007 date - I am pretty sure that we were posting before my DH died in 2006. My guess is that we started sometime in 2005.

Lynn
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #145
Struggling Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post

Carol, I agree with you that any activity is healthy. I think my dr did me a real favor when he told me to "move for 30 minutes a day - fast or slow doesn't matter" In fact, I read an article recently that said that slow walkers and bike riders burn more fat and do better than intense excercisers.

Rie

My doctor was thrilled with my bloodwork after I started exercising. My blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides really went down a lot! I am on meds for them, but the exercise lowered them much more than the meds did. That is so much more important to me than losing weight, but it wouldn't make me mad if I did that too! LOL

Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #146

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I'm not sure of the original date but I did send a message to Jane to see if she can let us know.

Theresa (LittleRed)-- I don't know what happened to her.
Trish (Piano51) ---I don't know what happened to her.
Lily (WoodLily)---Oh My Goodness! I wonder where she is?
Margaret (MoxieSD)---Don't know where she is
Cat (FemmeCreole)---I loved seeing her photos from New Orleans wonder where she is
Joanne (JayJay55)--She still posts once in awhile here and on FB
Phyllis (FloridaDusty)--she is still around once in awhile here and on FB
Lyn (Lynard21)--Have no idea where she is now
Linda (Meowee)--Linda passed away
Paula (GrammPaula)---the last I saw her was on MySpace
Linda (LindaD--don't know where she is now.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~
Old 10-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #147
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good evening GG's,

Yes ~ Bobbi ~ I have been around here since 2000. (I guess I am kind of embarassed that in all that time, I haven't made much progress ~ weight wise).

My mom saw this site listed in something like the Parade magazine from the Sunday paper. It was an article about how the internet could help people lose weight and listed a few weight loss web sites. 3FC was one of them. I tried the other ones first ~ the name 3 Fat Chicks kind of put me off, but as it turned out ~ this was the best of them all.

When I started out ~ I posted on the 100 lb club area. There were people of various ages there. I sort of felt invisible there and eventually started looking for another area where I hoped to fit in better.

I have come here pretty much every day since I joined. I have actually met a couple people from here in real life. One lady lived in my same town (Greensboro, NC at the time) A thing came in the mail about our town's water department and pictured a lady working ~ like in a lab ~ it looked like the lady who listed Greensboro as her home town ~ I sent her a message and sure enough it was her. We met and walked in the mall several times. That was fun, but my work hours made it so we couldn't continue that. We were both alone and not able to be with our families at Thanksgivng one time, so we met and had Thanksgiving dinner together at the Cracker Barrel.

The other lady ~ we call ourselves sisters in spirit. We were both nurses and had similar stuff happen with our kids ~ had a lot in common/felt the same way about a lot of stuff. I got to meet her ~ she lives in a town near to where my sister lives in Kentucky. And so one time when I was going to visit my parents in Ohio, I stopped to visit my sister and made arrangements to meet my internet friend. It was so cool.

I made a joke one time with that other group (the 100 lb club) about how I would probably still be coming here when I got old and had to use a walker to get to the computer. I guess probably a lot of them were younger and didn’t see the humor in that.

I remember that crash when the site lost a lot of its stuff. I remember Zoe from somewhere in there, and Meow (Linda). I met the rest of you when I came over to the GG’s.

This has been kind of a neat trip down memory lane

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 10-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #148

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hey me too....I came here in Jan 2008 because the South Beach blogg died. Not the one on 3 Fat Chicks and I felt lost without the support. GG wrapped their arms around me and am staying forever. karen3

darn it...I know I've been here longer. I remember the crash and so many of the orginal people. k3

Last edited by Karen3 : 10-11-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #149
Bobbi

Quote:
That's OK Bobbi--- we'll just chalk that up to "MENTAL-PAUSE!" LOL!!!
I can't remember what I had for supper last night let alone who was around when we started the Golden Girls. I'm thinking in 2007 I purchased my new computer and probably recorded the Golden Girls poem on a document. Lynn...the professor, of course you'd have a record. When I was trying to guess who was actually there, I was looking at the dates under our pictures, the dates are all wrong. Must have started over after the crash? . Check out the dates, Lynn and I are 2005 for joining dates, Zoe and Karen 2007?

Last edited by Bobbolink : 10-10-2011 at 10:27 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #150
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

The join date under my name is correct. My friend that I mentioned in an earlier post ~ we have been friends since that time, and I remember thinking ~ wow ~ we have been friends for over 10 years ~ so that comes out right. I started with the Golden Girls in July of 2007.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.