3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~September Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #211
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Lynn ~ will be thinking of you today ~ you are an inspiration

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 09-17-2011, 08:37 AM   #212
Struggling Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Good afternoon GG’s,

Carol Sue ~ I’m gonna try that motion you mentioned for the elliptical ~ I have one, but have never gotten so I can do it for very long ~ maybe with your motion ~ I could get so I could go longer.

Take care
Start out slow with a few minutes and add 1 or 2 minutes each day. That's what I did, along with the swaying motion and now I do 30 minutes, and could do more, but I like to get in a few other exercises, too. If it starts to feel too strenuous, slow down instead of stopping. Sometimes that helps you get your second wind. I am 65 with a bad heart, and I can do it, so can you!

Old 09-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #213
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

Weight watchers this morning ~ we'll see what the damage is after vacation. I wasn't horrible, but wasn't real good either. I wasn't in a situation where I could measure and count and all. So, I sometimes tried to use portion control. What's done is done ~ onward!

Have to wrap Maddie's birthday gifts today ~ tomorrow is her birthday ~ 4years old.

Guess I'd better get rolling ~ need to shower, get dressed etc. I'd rather crawl back in and take a nap ~ maybe later

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 09-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #214
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 7"

:ch eer:

Go Lynn Go!!!! We're thinking of you!

Old 09-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #215

S/C/G: 184.7/165

Height: 5'4" (In my heyday, I was 5'6"...)

Big buffet place for dinner last night, but I pretty much stuck to the salad bar. A small portion of mac'n'cheese w/salsa & cauliflower. How's that for behaving myself. I used to pile into that fudge platter......
Old 09-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #216

S/C/G: 184.7/165

Height: 5'4" (In my heyday, I was 5'6"...)

The grill mystery has been solved. Remember my daughter Katie and her boyfriend Alex are living with us for a few months? Well, we had family visiting from VA a couple of weeks ago (D's brother, his wife, and three grown sons plus a girlfriend). Five of our six grown kids were here, and we had planned a big cookout. Except -- gee, the grill is really, truly broken. We gave it to Doug for his 50th birthday, 16 years ago, and it's a piece of junk by now anyway. He has resisted and resisted replacing it. Well, Alex saw the need, went down to Home Depot, and bought us a new grill!! What's funny is that Doug thought I had purchased it as a surprise, and I thought he had purchased it as a surprise. I can't wait to get it put together and grill a few red & green peppers!

Looking at everyone's diet tickers really keeps me inspired. Good job, everyone! WW is my program of choice. I never, ever liked the meetings (I really don't know why -- all that clapping when someone lost a few ounces -- it just didn't work for me I guess), but I love the online approach. I've always been a computer buff (I was a programmer in the 1960's!!!), and I guess that's why I like the online version. Plus, of course, I have my sister Francie the ww counsellor to fall back on.

Rosey, I have a daughter, Betsy, who is an herbalist, and she really thinks the HCG can be poison. I admit I've been tempted...

When Betsy was in jr. high, she had some 'friends' who turned on her, and though the bullying was brief, it was devastating. They hurt her to her very core, and while she's pretty much forgiven them, I know she hasn't really ever gotten over it. I don't understand what makes people behave that way. Betsy will be 31 next month.

Lynn, I see you're from Bucks County. Doug and I went to Penn in Philly, and I loved Bucks County. (I'm no high-falutin' Ivy League gal, though; I came from a primitive farm in Montana, on a scholarship -- while that experience totally changed the direction of my life, I'm still a farm girl from Montana.) I grew up in NW Montana, and we still have some farm property up there and a tiny little house in town that my father built when I was a toddler (and Doug and I bought it back into the family ten years ago). We spent at least 6-8 weeks up there each year, because that is what I call my 'heart home'. I love the mountains and valleys of Montana.

Two questions: what is 'gorking' and what does 'bs' stand for in this context?

They say it's gonna rain this afternoon, so I think I'll check FB and Yahoo and then hit the trail.

Good weekend to everyone!

Sue
Old 09-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #217
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Saturday, All!

I see I have a bit of catching up to do…

Nancy – nice to see you! Thanks for the good wishes for SamCat. He’s basking in his limelight, and he seems to be doing much better. He was screeching for breakfast at precisely 7:29 a.m., so I think he’s well on the road to recovery from his wee bug.

Lynn – I think I agree with you that we (of the Catholic schools, at least) didn’t have the bullying that seems so invasive now. Those nuns and their knuckle-rapping rulers would have fixed it pretty quick (unless THEY were the ones doing the bullying!). I remember a couple of nuns who should have been kicked out. Anyway, it’s just too easy for kids to hurt others now, with all the resources available to them, the FB and Twitching, and Twittering, and Tweaking, and etc. Little redeeming social value…

Freda – as always, good to hear from you. I did run the idea of a senior center by GM, and she says she isn’t interested: “those old ladies just talk about their aches and pains!”. I think I’ll research “Free Things to Do in Denver” and maybe plan an outing every week or so.

Gayle – I hope you, Zoe, and Rosey are all in blooming health again!

Mary – I have to tell you that your descriptions of your MF diet food are… GROSS. It’s definitely turned me off any idea I might have had about using that program; I like the taste of food too much! Are you seeing any results yet? It should be okay for you to share the recipes if you give MF credit for them and post them in our recipe section. We promise to not call the MFers and rat you out!

Rie – thanks for the recommendation on “The Help”, the movie. I’ll put it on my Netflix list, since I’m too cheap to pay the prices at the theaters.

Sueurban – glad the grill mystery was solved! I’ve used hCG and had great results from it. And “gork” means to laze about, and bs is “blood sugar”. Are you enjoying our rain?

Chores abound for today, but I'll pick and choose the least onerous, of course! Hope you all have a good weekend! Later, lovelies!!

Old 09-17-2011, 12:57 PM   #218
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Lynn...we watched the Diane Sawyer show last night on bullies. DH called our DD and told her to have Lukas watch it. She snapped at him, said he wasn't a bully! As Lukas explains with, they made fun of him on Facebook was all. The kid they made fun of was in on the joke. DH said after he hung up the phone, see....I told you she'd snap my head off. (Mama bear protecting her cub)
Hope you have a good run today!

Quote:
My sister recently had a similar experience with her 2 granddaughters. They were online reading one of their cousin's FB page and making fun of her. They were not posting anything, but were talking and laughing about her in a mean-spirited way. My sister was really upset with their cruelty.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #219

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

YAY!! I ordered the Walk It Out for wii on the 13th! I got it in the mail today!!! That was fast!!! Love that ebay!! Thought I would order it and have it here when we get back from Colorado. Now I'm excited!!

Lynn, Good thoughts for you today!!!

Be back later......

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~
Old 09-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #220

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

First EXCITEMENT! I just spent time with Jackie and Dan Evans (mother and son duo from Biggest Loser). My DD and I had our photos taken with them. They will send to me & I will post. They were at the marathon Expo.

Lynn
Old 09-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #221

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WOW!! Now that is really exciting! I thought they were great on the show.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~
Old 09-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #222

This will be my third full day on MF, and it is getting much easier. I still have a little headache (not sure if it's really MF or just my eyes) but otherwise am feeling fine. You have to realize, GG, that this is my first week on the program and so I'm just learning how to fix the food to fit my tastes etc. It's getting better. This morning I tried the pancakes and really liked them even though I'm not a big pancake eater! They are better than my dh's but don't tell him.. I used 2 t. of low cal syrup on them and 1 t. Smart Balance. It made 3 little pancakes and I enjoyed them. For lunch I had Chicken Noodle Soup....I made it before breakfast and let it soak and it wasn't bad. I added salt and sorta enjoyed it. So you see, it's just a matter of getting used to dehydrated food to a great extent. So far now, I really like the PB Crunch bars, the brownies (Yummy!) and the pancakes. This is the easiest diet I have ever been on...nothing to count except my ounces of protein in my Lean & Green meal and I get to eat every 2-3 hours! So not bad at all! They have a lot of food to choose from so it's not like you have to eat the ones you don't like all the time. They just encourage you when you are starting out to just set aside the ones you try and don't like and try again later plus they give you lots of tips and recipes on how to make them taste better and still be OP. So please don't let my initial complaints make feel negative about this program. It's a good one and people really do lose weight plus after you lose the weight they help you transition back to regular food.

It's very quiet here...cool and cloudy...our bedroom was so dark we slept til almost 10! I tried to synch our iphone contacts...got mine done but when I tried to sync dh's they merged some of our stuff..contacts, apps etc.! He was not happy so I had to call them. Found out I have to do his on another computer, so right now I'm installing itunes on my Netbook so I can.

When i get done here I still hope to do a little housework. Last night I got the kitchen thoroughly cleaned but I'm still behind one day...today I need to clean the living room and family room but it shouldn't take long.

Lynn - very cool you got to meet with Jackie and Dan Evans! Do they still look good? Can't wait to see the pic!

Donna - I've dropped almost 5 lbs in the past 3 days, but nothing to brag about yet as that just puts me down slightly below my sig weight since I had gained before starting MF. That recipe was from a client site and I think only accessible once you have signed up with a coach maybe. That's why I hesitated, but there are lots of blogs out there with MF recipes. Except for the L&G meals though they all require the products.

Rie - I'm looking forward to watching The Help too.

Sue - Nice bf giving you the grill! Enjoy!

I see iTunes is now installed on my Netbook so need to syn his phone plus get some other things done. Talk later...

ETA: BTW, you don't have to sign up with a coach to do MF. I just did for the extra help, and my coach is nice and helpful, but if you read the forums and check out links there are a lot of tips/recipes there.

Last edited by maryea : 09-17-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #223

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Jackie looks exactly like this with shorter hair. Dan looks a LOT better.

Lynn
Old 09-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #224
Want to feel better

Lynn ~ cool that you got to meet them. How did the marathon go for you?

Old 09-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #225

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

I rose early this morning and got myself, dgs and mom to the farmers market. I found zuchini, butternut, beets and green beans. I also splurged on some tai kabob and noodles - I couldn't resist. I ran a few errands and came home to work out for 75 minutes (walk it out karen). Then, I ate the noodles for lunch.

Lynn, I have been thinking about you all day. I can't wait to hear about the race!

Gayle, how did your meeting go? Whatever happened, it is a new day. Isn't it amazing how fast the gk's grow? I swear, I just watched Shawn being born and now he is 4.

Mary, it sounds like you are doing well with the MF. Sometimes it works for folks to have a pre-determined meal. Each of us is on our own path but the same journey.

Donna, (mf'rs. LOL) I am so glad that SamCat is better and back to ruling his world. Enjoy a restful weekend.

Karen, I strongly encourage you to check out the forum for the Walk it out on Amazon. So much more fun that way. The most important thing: set the difficulty to easy so you don't lose points for missing the beat.

Bobbi, I think that kids have a weird view of facebook as this alternate universe. Nothing that happens there is real - and everything that happens there is real. Hopefully, he has learned something.

SueUrban, I loved the bbq story! That is wonderful and we love to grill everything here. BTW, where is your place? Of course, I am in Billings - flatlander country but I think it is too cool that you have a place in Montana. What kind of farm did you have? My family raised beets, corn, hay, we had a 1200 head feedlot, and we milked 120 holsteins. I also raised sheep and pigs for extra money as a kid.

Marie, Karenfl, Nancy, Rosey, and everyone else - have a great day!

Rie
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.