Old 08-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #1  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Default 55+ ladies who need to lose 20 to30 lbs

I am looking for ladies who need to lose 20 to 30 lbs I need some help and support and a challenge I have already lost 26 lbs but seemed to have come to a plateau and can not seem to motive myself to get back on track If anyone else is having this problem lets get together and help each other

suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Hey
I am 59. Want to lose 30-35 lbs. You have lost 26lbs. So expect slow weightloss now. In india they say, do your work do not expect the fruit(result).
Even if you reach your goal tomorrow, nothing is going to change. You will have to keep working to maintain it. So, do not torture yourself. I think you are in normal range of weight.
Drink lots of water with lemon, that will reduce water weight.
You are fine. The scale should not dectate your moods and certainly should not spoil your happiness.
Good luck
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #3  
suz
suz

Hey
I am doing most of what you said maybe I need to get more serious about my food tracking You are right it does come off slowly now I guess I will also up the intensity of my exercise
Thanks Suz
Old 08-09-2011, 11:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/165

Height: 5'8

I am 52 and I would love to lose 25 to 30lbs myself. I have started back full force and I am writing everything done. You can do it Suz I am still expecting me to do it to. good luck.
jwillits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #5  
suz
suz

Hi
I just have to get a book so I can start writing everything down again I never really enjoyed journaling but I know thay if I want to lose the weight thats what needs to be done thanks for the input and good luck to you too

Suz
Old 08-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

I am 165.8 now, but I sometimes I think I have started looking old. Any 55+ lady feeling same? Any advice?
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #7  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I weigh 162 and need to lose 20 pounds. I do feel old! I hit 60 and work with lots of people in their 20s and 30s. I went to the dermatologist and am doing a skin treatment to help with wrinkles. However, losing weight makes me feel younger and more energetic.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:12 PM   #8  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by suz View Post
Hey
I am doing most of what you said maybe I need to get more serious about my food tracking You are right it does come off slowly now I guess I will also up the intensity of my exercise
Thanks Suz
Suz..I heqr you about getting motivated about the last pounds I have lost weight also and it seems much more work to keep the momentum going! Writing down helps..miyfitnesspal and spark people are good to log in food.
It does help to write it down.
I do the cross trainer. What kind of exercise do you do?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
I am 165.8 now, but I sometimes I think I have started looking old. Any 55+ lady feeling same? Any advice?
Me too. I've lost some, but have that middle-aged frumpy body look that I hoped I'd never had. I read an article that said aging signs can be seen in 5 places: Our weight, our hair, our skin, our teeth, and our memory...sorry, I can't remember anything else HAHA.

I'm a poster of the BFC Labor Day Challenge, but would also love to join this group as it sounds like we have much in common.

I'm off to join the local rec center this morning! One of my youngest twins just moved away to college Thursday, so instead of moping around, I'm going to focus on some ME time for a change. Hope I can stick with it.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #10  
suz
suz

Afternoon Ladies
To puneri there are some days when I feel old to It depends on how much sleep I get and if I am drinking enough fluids I try to drink about 8 oz before every meal and at least 8 oz in between each meal and also 4 to 6 cups of herbal tea as well

To Maile
I exercise 2x per week aeribics, weights, and mat work one day a step class,weights and mat work on the other day Both classes last about 1 1/2 hrs From thursday through sunday I walk a total of 12 miles over the 4 days My pace is about 3.5 miles per hr
I have just started doing my food journal again here hoping i can kee[ it up

Suz
Old 08-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #11  
Maile

Suz.Your exercise is impressive. That should produce results. I joined a BootCamp at our YMCA where I have to weigh in 4x a week. That also helps keep me focused. I know I will have to weigh in.
I food journal once a day all at once. It helps.
Well..I broke into the 50s this am. This makes me happy. The 40s seem closer when you are in the 50s. Now I just hope my weight stays down as it can go back up. I lifted weights on the Nautilus yesterday and am wondering if that helps.
I am facing a dinner party tonight., I do not want to gain that weight back from the party.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #12  
suz
suz

Maile A boot camp sounds kind of hard , what type of workout does it involve? i try to wtite down whay I eat after each meal or I mught forget something I have just gotten back into journalling it worked before it should work again
Congrats on the weight loss
As for the dinner partytry to envision your portion sizes, do not have seconds and stay away from dessert unless its fruit I also find if I drink about 8 oz of water before I eat it kind of fills me up Good Luck Let me know how it goes

Suz
Old 08-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #13  
Maile

Hi Suz..Basically at the bootcamp you weigh in 4 x a week and do 2 days of cardio and 2 days of weight training. It is low key and mainly the accountability of weighing in. Plus they think if you cut your calories by 200 with exercise you will lose.
Well the dinner party went well..We waqtched a chef make paella. The problem was that he was supposed ot have dinner at 6 and it was not ready until 8..Everyone was drinking and I drank H20. I did only have one small serving.
I did stay on.

How was your day today?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #14  
suz
suz

Afternoon
This week so far has been good, still tracking my food I was alittle over on calories yesterday but back on track today i went to exercise today We did a 2 mile walk then some aerobics then some weights
its good that you did not overdo the food at thr party We can do this

Suz
Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #15  
Maile

Hi Suz.. Well I have lost 3 pounds and am in the 50s..i59..This is good..I decided to have 2 glasses of good red wine to celebrate. Yes I know using food to celebrate is an old habbit.
Back to the cross trainer and workout tomorrow.
I am glad your week is going well. You are close to breaking into the 40s. Hope you have a good day on Thursday.