Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Well, I enjoyed the pool yesterday evening with Tim and listening to the all the music coming from the Vietnamese Marian Days! We are far enough away that we don't end up having tents in our yard but we can enjoy the music. It started yesterday and will continue through Sunday night. By noon on Monday it won't even look like they had been here at all! They move out real fast and never leave any trash around. Pretty neat!

Got a text message from my brother (realtor) last night that an offer for our house is coming in today!! Hasn't came in yet though! We've already decided that we aren't going to be to flexible on our price so we will have to see what it is. I already told Tim it better be REAL close to our asking price other wise we are staying right here! SO I'm getting on the real estate site this morning to see what may be available that we would be interested in just in case....if a new place doesn't have a pool we will be getting one! I'll let you all know as soon as I find out... Keep your fingers crossed and I really don't know which way to ask for??? DUH!!

Oh, and the lunch the dinner out, the champage and the margarita showed up this morning!! I'm up a pound!! OH! And then the other night when they wanted to see the house at 5:00, we went and ate at Arby's! SO Guess it could have been worse....

I'd better get busy and get some laundry done and I need to get the dishes and all put away out in the 5th wheel! Who knows we may be living in that for awhile before this is over!! LOL!!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #77  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All…

KarenFL – so glad the hurricane missed you! I worry about my niece and her family in Houston. They’re in the suburb of Katy, and I think they’re quite a bit more inland, but it seems like they’d be in trouble if anything big blew through. I think I’ll stay right here!

Bobbi – any news on when the MRI is scheduled? Good thoughts continue for your dad.

Gayle – the job is part time. I took early social security, and their income limits until age 66 are MINISCULE. This job fits the parameters, and the hours give me quite a bit of the freedom that I’m used to… it’ll be front office stuff, Ms. LittleRayOfSunshine greeting the patients, that sort of thing.

Rie – those kids are very lucky to be incarcerated in a place with you as a director! Your day with them sounded nice, and I could tell that you enjoyed yourself. We used to give out teddy bears to the kids affected by whatever violence; I like the idea of the fleece covers. They’d be a comfort!

Mary – did you decide on the shoes? I say, go with the comfort!!! I definitely want to see a picture of you in your wedding duds. You’ll do your GD proud, I know!

PT/Zoe – I think you should wear black if you want to wear black to the wedding. As far as what you said to new MIL-type, well… you’re old and tired and certainly don’t REMEMBER saying that, right?

Mustang – I hope the offer is NOT one you want, only because I don’t think you really want to move! Oh, Gawd, what a drag, all that packing and hauling and redecorating and getting used to a new place, new grocery store, new post office… and your home is just the way you want it. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for whatever you want me to wish!

Rosey – is it still raining there?

Lynn – I thought it was interesting that you like to be the center of attention. I’ve always been in the background, the fringes, but when I turned 60, I asked for a party. And I got one! I made up way cool invitations, and my bro and his wife reserved the church hall. We had a lot of people and cake and good wishes and fun stories and, I’m sure, quite a bit of baloney… but it was so much fun! I just loved it.

I have some paperwork stuff to do for Granny/Mom, but that’s about it on the scheduled agenda. I’ll wash my new duds that I bought yesterday, too, and will otherwise just be clean, shiny, and ready for whatever comes.

I’m missing Koala… hope she’s okay. I look forward to her posts, which I find VERY entertaining!

Everyone, have a lovely!

Last edited by jess1; 08-05-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #78  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Just a quick note...just got home from having the MRI, a massage, chiropractor and two grocery stores. It's friday so won't hear about the MRI results until Monday maybe.
The nursing home called and wants to have a meeting with all 5 of us on Sunday. I don't know what's up, maybe they want to talk about Hospice.
I have groceries to put away and do a little ironing.
Catch ya all tomorrow.

Quote:
Bobbi – any news on when the MRI is scheduled? Good thoughts continue for your dad.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All! Happy Friday

I had a rare tummy attack last night and was up til after 3. The good news is that I slept for more than 6 hours but it put my day way behind. I could have easily talked myself out of working out but I am in Boot Camp. LOL So, I did about 45 mins of aerobics.

Today I am attending the funeral of one of my traveling buddies' mom. She was only a few years older than me and succumbed to breast cancer. So very sad.

Zoe, I think you would look so striking in black but given the colors of the wedding, it might be too stark in contrast. Just a thought...... Good luck on the weigh in.

Nancy, when is the day? Tomorrow?

Mary, go with comfortable shoes. Our fair doesn't have a pancake breakfast. Just funnel cakes, corn dogs, and lots of good barbque and asian food. Have fun.

Donna, it cracks me up when you talk about "being clean and shiny". I always feel like a melting ball of sweat in the summer! Yuk

Lynn, yes, I am signed up for a 5k in september. Part of a women's weekend that I am doing with some of my employees. I agree with you about the excercise. I have been struggling lately. However, I enjoy the fact that weekends allow me to do longer workouts and then hang out - like I'm not pressed for time.

Karenfl, glad that Emily passed you by.

Karen31, I have mixed feelings about the house. I hope it turns out the way that you want.

Gayle, so glad that you enjoyed your birthday, low key the way that you want it. My birthday is shared by one of my best fishing/pool buddies. Subtle is not our way It is usually an entire weekend of partying that takes me longer each year to recover from. LOL

Ok, I am heading off and will catch up with everyone later. Sorry for the ones that I missed. Have a great , on plan, friday!

Rie
Old 08-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #80  

I stayed OP yesterday and my weight is dropping. Can't wait to get down to where i was in Dec! I feel so determined but also so scared I will mess up!

Zoe, the dress I'm wearing to the wedding is a little snug but I think it always was so I'm losing weight to be able to wear it but just to hopefully look a bit better in it.

To all about the shoes.. I THINK I've decided to wear the cream shoes. They are the shiny ones but that is not very noticeable and they are ok as far as comfort. As far as I can tell now anyway. Of course I could change my mind. I have a really hard time finding comfortable shoes (and clothes!) so I am thinking about keeping the white pair even though they are a lot more expensive than I usually buy. I don't have any white shoes right now. They aren't outrageously expensive, it's just that I usually buy on sale and they aren't on sale.

I forgot to mention yesterday when making my huge shopping trip (lol for me!) I also bought two slips..two different lengths! I went for years not wearing slips as I hate them but I had one split slip and recently I've not been wearing panty hose which makes me feel rather naked under my dress/skirt and I slipped it on. It was a little tight and short but made me feel better and I like that it is like a pant and can't slip down and show..cause that's what I always worry about with slips. So yesterday I got the two lengths in a split slip to wear under the wedding dress and ended up keeping both of them too!
Whoa, look at me, the big shopping! You know I haven't bought this much at one time in years!! Usually if i buy two t-shirts I call it a big shop!

Zoe - you are doing so well! I'm sure knowing how you look even now you will look very elegant at the wedding! You just have style!

Mustang - Your life is sure exciting right now! The RV, the new red convertible and now an offer on your house! Wow, hope it works out well for you. Living in the trailer would be fun for a while until you figure out where you want to be. Our neighbors are doing something like that right now.

Running out of time...too much to do today...maybe I'll get back later...

Last edited by maryea; 08-05-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, the offer came through on the house... I had a really good laugh!! They offered us $13,000 less than we are asking, Want us to pay all their closing costs and prepaids up to $4,000 and split the title fee 50/50!! HELLO!!! What they are offering doesn't even cover what I have invested in the pool!! Needless to say it didn't tale me but the time it took to type it out to reject it!! We will still leave it on the market until Tuesday or Wednesday this next week (that makes it listed for 2 months) then it comes off the market!! Just thought that I would share this laugh with all of you!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #82  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks to everyone for all the b-day wishes. I’m officially now a Golden Girl. How cool is that?

Gayle, I love the dress Maddie didn’t like much. Of course, I’m partial to pink.

Bobbi,
about your father. You have a beautiful outlook for your father. I have two Jeeps. A 2007 black wrangler 4 door (Darth) and a yellow 1976 Jeep. I love them both but the black one is a bit more dependable. DH has 4 vehicles so I want to reduce the number – he won’t give his up. So Yellow is for sale. It is horrible on ice and snow. Darth is much better – great in snow and not so good on ice.

Zoe, what is your recipe for eggplant “meatballs”? I love eggplant, especially in the parmesan style. BTW, I started my exercise from couch potato using Leslie Sansone’s Walking DVDs. LOL at no one better be mourning at your DS wedding. You are just so cool! Gray and lavender for the wedding party??? Wow, that’s going to be beautiful. Black would have looked bad. I’m glad you put your foot down on that one.

Donna, wow – 160 applications in 2 years. That’s quite a statement about our economy. I just love your new avatar. Live on veges alone? I’ve always said I could be a fruitatarian. I love fruit.

Tea, I’m so sorry your DS is struggling. We certainly do hurt when our children do.

KarenFL, wow I’m gone for a few days and I can tell you’re doing so much better!!! Your posts are getting longer and longer.

Lynn, I hope you find time to take your photography class soon. I think it would be a blast. I took a 2 hour seminar at a conference on digital photography and learned tons. I used to be a serious photographer until film got thrown by the wayside. My darkroom equipment is all packed into boxes. I’d really like to take a full digital photography class and heck, throw in a Photoshop class for the fun of it. We don’t have anywhere within 80 miles that gives classes.

Nancy, I see you don’t want KarenFL to send hurricanes your way but perhaps Emily is kind and only chooses to harass nasty DSDs, bless her shriveled heart (I loved that line Zoe).

Rosey, sounds like your having a rainy season. Hopefully your DH isn’t as grumpy as the water falls from the sky. And WAY TO GO on taking in your clothes.

Mary, go to the fair and go with the attitude that no nasty food will sway your from your course. Enjoy the other parts and ignore the wafting scent of fry oil because you know what it does to our hips. BTW, my thoughts are to go with the expensive shoes. Ones that are comfy and get used often are cheaper in the long run.

Rie, the birdies are enjoying your early morning company. A good mocha, scents of nature (other than Peppy La Pew) and a sunrise are the perfect way to start the day. And please share a couple pics of the blankets and the blanket presentation.

Lynn, ditto on the exercise set up. I used to need to bribe myself to exercise ($$$ and toys) and now I just do it because it’s natural to do it.

Koala, I hope you’re having a fine time down under and staying on the wagon.

I really hope I didn’t miss anyone. If I did, I’m truly sorry. Getting through the posts took over an hour. But I’m caught up. YEAH!!!

B-day was wonderful. One of my favorite Calvin and Hobbes books is called “The Days are Just Jammed Packed”. That’s the way Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were. We did everything we wanted except the Jelly Belly Factory tour. We stopped but just to start the 40 minute tour had a line that went for about a mile. No way. We moved on to the next fun activity. I do admit it smelled yummy in there. DD and I did lots of rollercoastering and DH took a couple pics. I will post them on FB when I get them off the camera. The Pacific was COLD and DH took pics of DD and I wading into the water. BTW at the coast it was 59 degrees and raining. 30 miles away was in the upper 70s and sunny. We didn’t stay long. DH is still having stomach problems and seems inclined to ignore it. I’m betting that won’t last long as he’s puking and nauseous all the time. He was better for my b-day though so that was nice.

My iPad is beautiful. I’ve got part of it set up but there’s more to do. DH asked why I was typing on my MacBook instead of the new toy. Hmmm, I’m a fast typist with a keyboard. Touch screens, not so much. I got a Barnes and Noble gift card I wasn’t sure what to do with. When I went to the website, I saw they had a Nook iPad app, so I downloaded it. I set up an BN account and will buy some books to read on the iPad Nook app.

I’m with Gayle on the no b-day party stuff. Celebrating like a mad woman with DH and DD is wonderful. Work parties, no way. Since I was a summer baby, I never had to go to school on my b-day and I’ve never gone to work on my b-day. I think it would be wrong to destroy that streak. Playing is the best b-day celebration I know. But DD did tell one of the lift operators it was my b-day and before she started the coaster, she had the riders (and her) all sing me happy b-day. That was pretty cool. DH said he heard it where he was standing ready to take pics.

Marie
Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #83  

Marie, we didn't end up going to the fair. I woke up and thought I really don't want to go and I have too much to do and he didn't seem to care that much either. We already had tickets but they were free (senior day). Spent my day doing lots of stuff here at home and this afternoon I got a pedicure.

I am glad you got your iPad! I hope i can get one soon. I really really do not like my Netbook! Never have. I'm used to a touchscreen on my iPhone but never thought about how that might slow me down on an iPad. I don't enjoy the web as much on my iPhone although do use it sometimes. hmm...something to think about. Please let us know how you like it as you use it more. Also am curious whether the iPad is just as good or better as an e-reader than a regular e-reader.

Karen31 - Sorry the offer was no good, but you don't like you care that much so maybe it's for the best. We feel that way about our RV...we think we'd like to sell it but we are sure not ready to give it away....

Still have much to do before tomorrow ...

Last edited by maryea; 08-05-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:15 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
I started my weekend a day early, because SO was off today, so I got to sleep in. Yay! And, DSD had to work 7 hours today, so Yay! again. And it’s been rainy & cloudy all day, so the temp didn’t get above the mid 80’s - Yay! a third time! It’s been a really good day! And DSD will be going back to school on Monday!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I’m excited?! Bobbi, in case you haven’t figured it out, the “she” I was referring to is my SO’s DD, who I also refer to as my step-daughter.) Actually, yesterday she was quite pleasant. She’s pretty happy to be going back to school too. Apparently she still has friends there. To be fair, she had quite a few friends here, when she was in high school. People do seem to like her, & she can be very charming & entertaining. Very much like her father!

Mary, I’m with Lynn, Rie, Donna, & Marie (I keep putting those 2 names together, & then I think of the Osmonds, LOL!) on picking the comfortable shoes. It’s so hard to enjoy anything when your feet are hurting! Funny you should mention slips. I’ve been wearing skirts a lot, those thin gauzy ones like the one in my “southern belle” pic. SO kept telling me I needed to wear a slip, but I kept ignoring him (y’all know why!). Then, a couple of weeks ago, I moved a full length mirror in my bedroom. Suddenly I could see my image, back-lighted by the sun streaming through the open door. The skirt was almost invisible! I was mortified! Here I’d been traipsing around, thinking I looked good, & I looked like a tramp! I asked my mom why she hadn’t told me, because she’d been with me on several occasions when I was dressed like that (one was even an afternoon church wedding!), & she swears it wasn’t that noticeable. But, I know what I saw! And it was bad! And all but one of the skirts are like that, and I have six! (One is lined, but it’s not the one I wore to the wedding!) By the next day, I had slips! The two nylon ones I got are just too hot & sticky to wear right now, but I did manage to find a cotton one (Y‘all do remember I only shop at thrift stores? So, I was really thrilled to find them.) And, I bought a long white cotton gown that I intend to turn into a slip, if I ever get around to dragging my sewing machine out (maybe by next summer?!). Yes, all you sewers (Is that really how you spell that? The same way you spell the nasty thing that your toilet flushes into?! Doesn‘t seem right, but my WordWeb says it is?), I know it would be super, super easy. I’m just lazy (& I don’t really like to sew).

Rie, speaking of sewing, or actually, not sewing - I love my “tied” fleece blanket. It’s sort of my security blanket, so I’m sure the ones your group are making will be so appreciated!

Darn! I’ve been running on too long! DSD will be home any minute now, I haven’t had my evening snack, & Qwill & the cats await (Gayle, they‘re just as entertaining as ever, I just love them)! Gotta go. Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
NCNancy
Old 08-06-2011, 08:03 AM   #85  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning, all....today is going to be pretty busy - need to clean like a demon between now and @ noon, go grocery shopping, come home, put away groceries and try to find time for some lunch, and then head over to dd3's to babysit. Then tomorrow morning, the Pre-baby Brunch. THEN, hopefully, a restful afternoon/evening so that we can be up early to go to the hospital with dd2.
I'll check in a little later with my weigh-in results. I've discovered that with all the fluctuations, my weight tends to be at it's lowest after I've moved around a bit, rather than stepping on the scale the minute I get up in the morning. So, I'll get some cleaning done first. AND, you all KNOW how poorly I handle disappointment when it comes to the scales - so I need every advantage I can muster before I step on them.
LOVE the trip pix, Marie!!!! You look wonderful! Now, you'd think seeing those would motivate me to get off my duff and do some serious exercising. Yeah. Well, you'd think, anyway.
Sorry no time for the rest of my personals, but I gotta get myself in gear, here. I'll check in a little later...and oh...guess what? This whole week coming, the weather pattern is going to be daily thunder showers and cool and humid. You'd think they could spare a little sunshine since I'm not going to be working, wouldn't you? Hah.
Okay, running to clean...oh, joy!
Have a nice day, y'all!
Z
Old 08-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #86  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Off to work here soon ~ one day down ~ 3 to go.

I was back on track yesterday after my many weeks/months of doing the right thing sometimes, but too many "detours" and not making any real progress.

I have been doing WW a year now ~ started Aug. 4th last year ~ day after my birthday. I have gone faithfully every week ~ never missed a week. Net result for the year ~ kept 17 of the pounds I had lost off. I didn't do as well as I had hoped (my own fault) but at least I didn't lose and regain plus more. So, I am starting into year 2 and hoping to make some real progress this year. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I made it though one day of doing the right things. One down 364 to go ~ LOL. I keep repeating to myself ~ back on track, back on track.

My mind started to lean toward the old familiar way to deal with stress and reach for some crackers last night, but I didn't ~ yippee. One minute, one hour, one meal at a time ~ baby steps.

Ok, guess I'd better get going. Finish getting ready for work. Didn't get to even read on here last night ~ caught up with the posts this morning. Hopefully I will get to catch up again this evening ~ it is my thing I look forward to in the evenings ~ that and the e-mail and facebook.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care
Old 08-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Today was my 10 mile training. The only thing in pain was the bottom of my right foot. I think that maybe after I got the cortisone shot in my right knee, I am walking differently. I did exactly 17-minute miles. I still have 5 weeks to get it down to 16-minute miles.

I am EXHAUSTED! Check back after my nap.

Lynn
Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Happy Saturday!

Well this morning I sure could've talked myself out of working out. There was even a little voice in my head saying, "your goal is only 5 days out of 7" But, I followed my own rules and put my workout shoes on before I decided. 65 minutes of aerobic step later, I am enjoying my breakfast and reading 3fc. I feel really good. I really enjoy the feeling of nothing to do after I work out on weekends. Glad I have it today. I am always a little amazed about how few calories I burn, but it's about feeling good, right?

Today I have gs as ds is working until 2. I plan to water flowers and put miracle grow on the garden before it gets too hot. We had a bad storm last nght that blew tree limbs everywhere but not too many in my yard. I think most of them have already blown down if they were going to go.

Yesterday ds came home from work and ran all the errands, including groceries at 2 different stores and pharmacy. There are a few leftover dishes and such from last night. I think I will clean them up. I need to get my laundry done today. I am out of unmentionables.

Gayle. Wow, a whole year without missing? That is wonderful. And a 17 pound loss is a loss. Lots of people have gained in that time. Good for you. And Happy Aniversary!

Zoe, seems we are both having cleaning days. Ugh. I am keeping fingers and toes crossed for you scale confrontation. A gentle reminder that it is only a number. Your tum could be getting more svelt to improve your look in a beautiful dress but it might not show on the scale.

Nancy enjoy the cool weather. Is SHE headed back to school in the next couple of days?

Mary, how was that pedicure? My friends keep telling me that I should get one but I don't like anyone touching my feet. I sort of enjoy doing it myself.

Marie, I loved you birthday pictures and congrats on being officially Golden! I am finding that this status includes more confidence and a growing (finally) sense of who I am. Or maybe its just that my "give a d___" is broken. At any rate, once again I am struck by how young you look!

Karen31, wow, those people wanted you to just give them the house, huh? Crazy talk. Enjoy your weekend.

Koala, Missing you. I hope that you are off on some wonderful down-under adventure!

Karenfl. I loved your hubby pictures. Too funny! I hope the heat/humidity doesn't get you. Are you able to get on the treadmill yet?

I know that Lynn is out on her training day today. Lyn and Freda are probably on great family adventures.

Well, to all those I missed. Sorry. I will be back later. Enjoy the day.

Rie
Old 08-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #89  

Good morning all,

Worked yesterday, and like Z, i'm counting the days untill that is done. One year and 4 months to go. Seems like forever, but hopefully the time will pass quickly. Went to DGD's last baseball game today. 8 year olds are so fun to watch. Nothing much else to do today. maybe i'll do a bit of house work, maybe not. I'm with you Rie, I think my "give a D-- is broken. I think maybe it's this rotten sinus headache that i've had since yesterday.

Karen, You sound relieved that the offer for the house wasn't what you wanted. Guess that kind of tells you what you really wanted to do.

Bobbi, I hope the talks at the nursing home go well. It's hard to make those kinds of decisions, even when you know they are the right ones.

Lynn, 10 miles! And I think I do well when I walk for 4. Did all your home repair get done?

Z, you know how I feel about scales. I hope yours is agreeable, but even if it's not, remember, they lie!

Gayle, YEAH for you. 17 pounds gone, and kept off, is wonderful. It's about learning new habits.

Marie, Loved the pictures. I hope you saved me a piece of that cake! I'm not tempted too often, but that looked awsome! You looked like you were having so much fun.

Nancy, on the slip thing. I remember Oprah saying that she didn't wear slips because everyone had legs and that was all you saw.

Mary, have fun. And always go for comfort. Unless an old boyfriend is going to be there. Then it's the put on the 3 inch heels and suffer! but look good!

everyone, have a good day

Freda
Old 08-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

My nap never happened. My body was hurting too much for me to fall asleep. I know I’ll feel better tomorrow. During the last 2 miles of the walk, when my foot was in a lot of pain, I just kept thinking about the painful treatments that the children go through to deal with Leukemia. I can walk in pain for a LOT longer than 10 miles if it helps to improve those treatments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Got a text message from my brother (realtor) last night that an offer for our house is coming in today!! Hasn't came in yet though! We've already decided that we aren't going to be to flexible on our price so we will have to see what it is. I already told Tim it better be REAL close to our asking price other wise we are staying right here!!!
Hi Karen,

My DD and SIL feel the same way you do. They have set a price that they think is fair and they plan to stay where they are until/unless they get it. There have been several folks interested, but none of the interested ones can get a mortgage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Lynn – I thought it was interesting that you like to be the center of attention. I’ve always been in the background, the fringes, but when I turned 60, I asked for a party. And I got one! I made up way cool invitations, and my bro and his wife reserved the church hall. We had a lot of people and cake and good wishes and fun stories and, I’m sure, quite a bit of baloney… but it was so much fun! I just loved it.
Hi Donna,

When I was a kid, I took dancing lessons. I wasn’t crazy about the lessons, but I LOVED the recitals – especially when I had a solo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Just a quick note...just got home from having the MRI, a massage, chiropractor and two grocery stores. It's friday so won't hear about the MRI results until Monday maybe.
The nursing home called and wants to have a meeting with all 5 of us on Sunday. I don't know what's up, maybe they want to talk about Hospice.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Hi Bobbi,

Of course we are sending you good wishes about your MRI. I also hope things work out well with the nursing home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Today I am attending the funeral of one of my traveling buddies' mom. She was only a few years older than me and succumbed to breast cancer. So very sad.
Hi Rie,

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society holds an annual Light the Night walk (about a mile in Philly). They give helium-filled balloons – red [for walkers who are walking in honor of someone with cancer], white [for those who have cancer], and gold [for those walking in honor of someone who died of cancer]. The number of white and gold balloons is overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
I stayed OP yesterday and my weight is dropping. Can't wait to get down to where i was in Dec! I feel so determined but also so scared I will mess up!
Hi Mary,

CONGRATULATIONS! Don’t be scared. You will get back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
Lynn, I hope you find time to take your photography class soon. I think it would be a blast. I took a 2 hour seminar at a conference on digital photography and learned tons. I used to be a serious photographer until film got thrown by the wayside. My darkroom equipment is all packed into boxes. I’d really like to take a full digital photography class and heck, throw in a Photoshop class for the fun of it. We don’t have anywhere within 80 miles that gives classes. Marie
Hi Marie,

I took a digital photography course last Spring semester. I REALLY liked it. I have a concept in mind that I want to try, but need to have the help of a teacher to do it.

I know that there are digital courses that you can take online. My cousin took one from a photography school in NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Also am curious whether the iPad is just as good or better as an e-reader than a regular e-reader.
Hi Mary,

The iPad is much more like a computer. I got one for my DD & she uses it for her emails as well as for reading. I can get onto the web & do email with my Nook, but it is NOT easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyoyo View Post
Hey GGs,
I started my weekend a day early, because SO was off today, so I got to sleep in. Yay! And, DSD had to work 7 hours today, so Yay! again. And it’s been rainy & cloudy all day, so the temp didn’t get above the mid 80’s - Yay! a third time! It’s been a really good day! And DSD will be going back to school on Monday!!!!!!!! (Can you tell I’m excited?! Bobbi, in case you haven’t figured it out, the “she” I was referring to is my SO’s DD, who I also refer to as my step-daughter.) Actually, yesterday she was quite pleasant. She’s pretty happy to be going back to school too. Apparently she still has friends there. To be fair, she had quite a few friends here, when she was in high school. People do seem to like her, & she can be very charming & entertaining. Very much like her father! NCNancy
Hi Nancy,

There are some VERY mean-spirited people with their families who are nice as pie with outsiders. My first husband was like that. Everyone thought he was wonderful – NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Good morning, all....today is going to be pretty busy - need to clean like a demon between now and @ noon, go grocery shopping, come home, put away groceries and try to find time for some lunch, and then head over to dd3's to babysit. Then tomorrow morning, the Pre-baby Brunch. THEN, hopefully, a restful afternoon/evening so that we can be up early to go to the hospital with dd2.Z
Hi Zoe,

Is the Pre-baby Brunch a type of baby shower? I am going to one tomorrow also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
I have been doing WW a year now ~ started Aug. 4th last year ~ day after my birthday. I have gone faithfully every week ~ never missed a week. Net result for the year ~ kept 17 of the pounds I had lost off. I didn't do as well as I had hoped (my own fault) but at least I didn't lose and regain plus more. So, I am starting into year 2 and hoping to make some real progress this year. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I made it though one day of doing the right things. One down 364 to go ~ LOL. I keep repeating to myself ~ back on track, back on track.
Hi Gayle,

Maintaining a weight loss is a BIG DEAL! We all know how to lose – it’s keeping it off that’s the challenge. GOOD FOR YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Well this morning I sure could've talked myself out of working out. There was even a little voice in my head saying, "your goal is only 5 days out of 7" But, I followed my own rules and put my workout shoes on before I decided. 65 minutes of aerobic step later, I am enjoying my breakfast and reading 3fc. I feel really good. I really enjoy the feeling of nothing to do after I work out on weekends. Glad I have it today. I am always a little amazed about how few calories I burn, but it's about feeling good, right?
Hi Rie,

GOOD FOR YOU! Enjoy that proud feeling – you earned it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Lynn, 10 miles! And I think I do well when I walk for 4. Did all your home repair get done?Freda
Hi Freda,

Yes – BUT. But = the township found out that we had all put in new water heaters & sent us a letter telling us that we needed permits [none of us & none of the plumbers knew this]. Turns out that after we purchase our $77 permit, someone from the town will come inspect our water heaters and let us know what needs to be changed in order to make the installation meet the town code. The NeverEnding but VERY boring Story!
Closed Thread