Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, got on the wii this morning and my weight stayed the same this week. When I got on the wii this morning it said I have tested for 200 times!! When I think about it that way I really should have lost more than I have! I guess things will even out and once the weather starts turning cooler I will get back to working out with it on a regular basis. I think there has just been too much "STUFF" going on here and in my head this summer so I'm not going to worry about just the 19 pounds gone since I've started and just be glad that they are gone.
Everyone have a good day!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #167  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Saturday, All…

SamCat was weak with hunger and got me up earlier than I usually allow. Now I’m getting to be weak with hunger, too!

Gayle – I hope your family dramas are calming… that’s never good for the tum, is it? Did you like that movie “New in Town”? The teasers looked stupid, but that’s usually not a reliable indicator! PT/Zoe – thanks for the “Water for Elephants” recommendation.

Nancy – are you having a colonoscopy, too, or are you just being accommodating to SO?

Rie – I can SEE you dancing the “boogie dance”!! Good for you!

PT/Zoe – are you able to see baby Isabella frequently? Maybe your DD could bring over the baby and leave ISIL at home (Idiot son-in-law)? Good luck with the new business endeavor!

Freda – why not red popsicles? Does the red food coloring affect something in the scope? Interesting, and I've never heard that, so today I'm going to learn something!

Lynn – I’m glad you’ve asserted yourself with the LLS director! You’re much more valuable than they’ve used you… and you might enjoy the volunteering more, too.

Rosey – hope your DH is better soon! Did you take all three dogs with you? Oh, my!

Mustang – you’ve done REALLY well and should be proud of yourself!

Not much to report. The job is going well. I have a few concerns, but I’m hoping for the best and that it lasts a long time. I do like it, and I really like the people.

I do want to ask you all to put Granny/Mom on your prayer lists, please. Her surgery is on Thursday, the 18th, and I’m very, very nervous about it. My sister is bombarding the Archangel Raphael, who is supposed to be in charge of healing!

I need to go feed the tummy and then do something. I had hoped that less time would then give way to more motivation; alas, it hasn’t happened yet... and so the house is a PIT. SamCat is a typical male and just lounges around on the couch, drooling! Bah! ♥

Hope your weekend is a good one!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #168  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm thinking of you all and will catch up on reading the last couple days post tomorrow or monday. We're off to open sympathy cards and send thank you's. I just wanted to post this email I received this morning. I sent it to Donna, KarenMo and Lynn. The only addesses I have.

Quote:
A young man sprinkling his lawn and bushes with pesticides wanted to check the contents of the barrel to see how much pesticide remained in it. He raised the cover and lit his lighter; the vapors inflamed and engulfed him. He jumped from his truck, screaming. His neighbor came out of her house with a dozen eggs, yelling: "bring me some eggs!" She broke them, separating the whites from the yolks. The neighbor woman helped her to apply the whites on the young man's face. When the ambulance arrived and when the EMTs saw the young man, they asked who had done this. Everyone pointed to the lady in charge. They congratulated her and said: "You have saved his face." By the end of the summer, the young man brought the lady a bouquet of roses to thank her. His face was like a baby's skin.
Healing Miracle for burns:

Keep in mind this treatment of burns which is included in teaching beginner fireman this method. First aid consists to spraying cold water on the affected area until the heat is reduced and stops burning the layers of skin. Then, spread egg whites on the affected are.
One woman burned a large part of her hand with boiling water. In spite of the pain, she ran cold faucet water on her hand, separated 2 egg white from the yolks, beat them slightly and dipped her hand in the solution. The whites then dried and formed a protective layer.
She later learned that the egg white is a natural collagen and continued during at least one hour to apply layer upon layer of beaten egg white. By afternoon she no longer felt any pain and the next day there was hardly a trace of the burn. 10 days later, no trace was left at all and her skin had regained its normal color. The burned area was totally regenerated thanks to the collagen in the egg whites, a placenta full of vitamins.
This information could be helpful to everyone: Please pass it on
Old 08-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #169  

Height: 5'3"

Bobbi - I got this from Snopes for additional info on the egg white for burns thing.
http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/eggwhite.asp

Stayed on plan yesterday but my weight is staying the same. I had quite a bit of sodium I think yesterday so that's probably why. After three days the same, surely there will be a breakthrough if I just stay OP. For breakfast this am I had a George Foreman shake...it fit the mini-meal criteria to a T and is very nutritional, supposed to even have greens in it...but it didn't taste very good.
But hopefully it will hold me for a couple hours. It's difficult when your food isn't tasty!

Donna - praying for granny/mom!

Karen31 - 19 lbs sounds really good to me! You are doing fine. They say losing slowly is better anyway. hope so because that's the way I'm doing it.

Rosey - Hope they find a solution soon for your poor dh! GFY for keeping OP despite eating out. I am scared to eat out! I remember your egg muffins. Think I have the recipe even. I have so many recipes it is hard for me to get to them all but I thought I'd try it sometime. I rarely really cook for breakfast beyond preparing oatmeal or a shake, or pouring a bowl of cereal or toasting some bread. The cold cereal and bread is seldom these days! I can have so little dry cereal for the calories let alone after the milk is added, its not worth it. Toast I could have but I forget it, I guess. Anyway, it'd be nice to have something different now and then.

Lots to do again today...with the window guys here yesterday I didn't get some things done in the rooms where they were working and anyway I'm still really behind since the trip. Plus need to go get a few groceries. We are having Balsamic chicken tonight and probably zucchini and a potato. Unless they are really little, dh and I usually share a potato. He doesn't care that much for them and I LOVE them so it works out well.

You all have a nice day...I'll probably pop in and out on FB.

Mary
Old 08-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

hello all,

I did 65 minutes of walkitout today and I have been on plan. I even enjoyed a couple glasses of wine this afternoon with my fishing buddy. He came over to hang out and we grilled some steaks and enjoyed the afternoon.

I have spent most of the day creating supports for the tomato plants and watering the garden. Tonight ds has a friend over for supper.

Bobbi, hope the weekend is going as well as can be expected. Thanks for the reminder about the egg whites.

Donna, I will be thinking of YOU, and granny/mom this week. Isn't it just like a guy for Samcat to lounge around while the house is going to pot. LOL

Karen31, 19 pounds gone is terrific. I think you look wonderful.

Rosey, I watched Soul Surfer last night. I really enjoyed it. And Dennis Quaid is one of my favorites.

Marie, glad to hear that your active lifestyle is intact Are you and the doggies doing ok in your solitary?

Lynn, I think a fantastic, expensive pair of jeans is a wonderful reward! Wow, I wish I was that size.

Nancy, so dh doesn't have to do the whole "cleanse thing"? Just clear liquids for a couple of days? That would be so much better.

Freda, Karenfl, Lyn, Koala, Gayle, and everyone else, I look forward to your weekend tales.

Rie
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 AM   #171  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

I've spent the evening getting things on my computer organized. I had all these pictures that I had saved from my family's e-mails or facebook pages, images from the internet or from the phone that I had e-mailed to myself then saved to the computer. I would always be in a hurry and just save them to the computer, but hadn't set up folders to organize the stuff. I had even found that I had accidentally saved some word documents to the picture library because I wasn't paying attention when I hit save ~ where it was going. So, I got that all straightened out and organized into folders. Should make finding the stuff easier now.

I had originally wanted to work on something else (trying to get my sewing room cleaned up and usable), but by the time I got some of the other things I needed to do, done ~ it was sort of too late to start. That is a project that is gonna take a big chunk of time. So, I didn't want to get that stuff all spread around and not be able to get back to it and have everything all in a mess. At least right now the mess is confined to that one room.

My stupid head had been aching all late afternoon/evening. Not a horrible one like I used to have, but an annoying one that takes the enjoyment out of my day off. I feel guilty complaining about it knowing that Bobbi puts up with them all the time. The only thing that really helps is Excedrin, but when it started aching it was already too late in the afternoon to take it (it has caffeine in it, and I don't want it to keep me awake at night).

Guess I'll say good night all. Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Take care
Old 08-14-2011, 10:26 AM   #172  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All…

It’s 64 degrees here, very sparkly and beautiful!! I can smell Fall in the air! (really, I can!)…

Bobbi – thanks for the info on the egg whites. I thought it was fascinating! Isn’t it amazing how everything we need is provided?

Mary – I’m glad you put the wedding picture on as your avatar. It’s so pretty!

Gayle – hope your headaches are better. Are they weather related? I get cluster headaches from the heat. I’ve been told that these are very similar to migraines, which I’ve had on occasion, too, from the heat. Excedrin Migraine works wonders, but I found something else, too! WalMart has a product, Equate Headache Relief, which covers everything from menstrual pains to dirty dishes! They sell these in two-pack bottles for, get this!, $4.00. It’s the best stuff I’ve ever, ever, ever tried! I’ve totally replaced the Excedrin Migraine. It might be a boon for you, too.

Nothing much to report. I indulged in Almond Chicken last night, so I won’t get on the dreaded scale. I know I’ll be temporarily punished for that. I know that I did so well all week that it’s not going to hurt me for longer than a day or two, and I think that an occasional massive indulgence isn’t lethal. Too bad I didn’t wait until Sunday, when it would have been calorie free!

Hope you’re all having a lovely day!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:43 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

It is pouring here this morning. I wimped out and did NOT go the team training (at the HILLY park). I did my 8 miles in the nice (and dry) gym.

Yesterday, my DD and SIL and I went to my great-nephew's graduation party. Up in north Jersey, so 4 hours driving round trip. We got home around 9pm and I was VERY tired, but too stiff to fall asleep. I REALLY had trouble getting up this morning.

I am just taking it easy today.

Have a great Sunday,

Lynn
Old 08-14-2011, 11:08 AM   #174  

Good Morning! Just wanted to pop in and say Hello! Getting ready to go to church and then to Bob Evans to meet the family for lunch! I enjoy having our Family Sunday get togethers so much but I hope I can make smart choices at Bob Evans...They have too much good food!! But at least it isn't a buffet!!!!

Be back later....
Old 08-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Good Morning!

I think we have become the "aching, hurting group" LOL. I have muscle spasms in my back so bad that I can't move and can't sit still. I am trying to aviod an emergent care visit but I don't know if I will make it. So, didn't work out at all today. It was a rough night.

Donna, it is bright and crisp here today too and I can smell fall in the Rockies headed our way. (Pay no attention to the summer lovers in the group. LOL)

Ds has to work for about 4 hours today. He just took gs to the park to wear him out a bit so it will be an easier day while he is gone. We live across the street from our school. However, we drive to the park so gs never gets the idea that he can go there by himself. From our home, the playground is hidden by the building so I don't think that he realizes where it is Anyway, after an hour of climbing around he should be ready for a good nap today while his dad is gone.

I am going to try to eat sparingly today with lots of green veggies because my activity level will be so low. I will be back later for personals and checking in.

Rie
Old 08-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon...Just checking in. I walked on the treadmill this am, but knew we had to grocery shop so didn't push the walk very far. Dh is still going with me shopping....who is this strange man....he never went willingly before or does it have something to do with the tastes he gets at the deli? Says it's like having lunch. I got a broiled chicken and made chicken salad for DH and left a breast for me. Thinking lemon/pepper over angel hair would make me happy.

Just checked weatherunderground and all the TS, think there are 6!, are curving right up into the North Atlantic and high tailing to England. Phew! We have started into peak season for hurricanes. So gotta watch daily now thru NOV. Staying hot and humid down here. Almost time to plant the Fall tomatoes. DH had moved a couple of our spring plants to the Northside of the house and they survived the summer heat. Have 2-3 small tomatoes right now. Full/half sun and they boil on the vine.

Rie...I was treated all last Fall for back spasms. I had been using ice packs and then heating pad. Found out the heating pad was bad. Now I just ice....Ice is my friend....Have those gel packs and wrap one in hand towel and it's good for 2-3 hrs. Keeps me moving.

Sounds like everyone is getting some kind of allergy attacks. In the NE it is usually hay fever/golden rod. What is it would West....My DM had hayfever so bad moved to Cal and when the SanAnna winds blew she found out she was also allergic to sage. Time think about Tylenol pms.

Just realized I am straving. Made lunch for DH and forgot me...I was busy prep stuff from the store. If I eat now will screw up dinner. This when I get in trouble. With all your eyes on me I will be good....bbl k3
Old 08-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #177  

Hello this afternoon. We spent the afternoon just goofing off!! Drove by and looked at some houses (peeked in the windows) Then drove over to Main st. in Joplin to buy a "Restore Joplin" t-shirt to find that they aren't open on Sunday. Then headed home, spotted a roadside stand with fresh corn! It is "Peaches and Cream" corn and is so good! But we asked for just a half dozen and he gave us 10---says he always gives more than what we ask for... for $4. I have heard that you can freeze corn---any ideas the best way? I've heard you can leave it in the husk and freeze just like that, others say you need to shuck it and then blanch and all that stuff. I need a good way to do it that will keep it good and tasty without a whole lot of work....ideas?
Gosh, now it is 5:00 and time to think about supper and I'm still full, but Tim isn't so need to at least fix something good for him.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:44 PM   #178  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's (woops ~ guess it is actually evening here now)

Went to bed with that headache last night and didn't sleep very well. I guess I should have taken that Excedrin anyway in the first place. Oh well.

So, I was awake at 3:30 am and took some excedrin then and had a snack and of course had to get on line. I had an idea about one of the pictures I had tried to post here before. It had come in an e-mail from my daughter, and I tried to right click and save to my computer, but it wouldn't save the enlarged pic ~ only the smaller one before I had done any clicking. I saved anyway and attached it here, but when you clicked on it, it was small and you couldn't see it very well. So, I thought ~ maybe I could take a picture of the larger picture with my phone and e-mail to myself, save to my computer and see if that would work. I think it did ~ I attached here and this time you could see it bigger. It was a picture of DGD Evie at the beach ~ on her stomach on a beach towel reading something ~ with this studious look on her face ~ I just loved that pic. I am enjoying my phone for the ease of taking pictures and sending to myself and then saving to my computer. Don't have to pull out some card or stick or anything ~ real easy and quick. If I could change anything about it, it would be the ability to zoom in when you are taking the picture. Oh well ~ can't have everything.

It has been a nice day. Got to talk to my sister this morning ~ our schedules make it so that it is hard to catch up with each other. We could catch up/communicate with each other even when we can't connect by the phone, if she would use the computer ~ e-mail and Facebook. But she doesn't enjoy that like I do.

Then Sara texted and asked if she and Maddie could come over. That was fun. Then Maddie (DH's shopping buddy) went to help him with the shopping and Sara and I had a chance for a nice "grown-up" visit. When Maddie came back, she was all excited about the rain and getting to use an umbrella. And I got to give Sara and Maddie the matching dresses I had finished for them. They seemed to like them.

Well, the evening is flying by ~ got the getting ready to go back to work stuff to do. Sorry I didn't get any personals done.

Hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Attached pics are of: DGD Evie reading at the beach, and Sara and Maddie with the matching dresses, and Corbin and Maddie with their doggy Zeplin who they had dressed up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Evie at the beach 3.jpg (20.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Sara & Maddie matching dresses 6.jpg (25.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg the new sister.jpg (23.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by glynne; 08-14-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #179  

Gayle, On my Iphone when you are seeing the subject you want to take a pic of, you can tap the screen and across the bottom a slider bar will come up and then you can move it to zoom in.. I don't know what phone you have but it might work like that on all of them
Old 08-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #180  

Something happened to my favorite browser, Google Chrome. Just stopped working. I cannot even find the exe file! Checked for a virus but none turned up. Tried to reinstall (using FF) but when it went to install it said there was a conflicting application of Chrome or Chrome Frame already on my computer and to delete that first. Well fine but I cannot find it. First tried using Control Panel..could see the Chrome icon but it could not delete it and said it was probably already deleted. Found the file in My Computer but no exe file. So now don't know what to do. Any ideas? Meantime I'm using Rockmelt...it is very like Chrome. I have trouble with both IE and FF.

My weight was up a pound today, I suppose it's just sodium. Hopefully it will be down again by Thurs which will be a week since we returned from our trip.
Went to church and then fast food...our usual shared meal. At last I know the calories/carbs. I'll try and get in some veggies tonight. After lunch we did a little shopping. It is a nice sunny day but the breeze is pretty cool. I was a little chilly in church this morning.

I'm tired so will skip personals this time, sorry.
Closed Thread