Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #451  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Rosey, love your new avatar.

Mary, I thought of you when I went out for lunch today with my co-workers. Just trying to find healthy choices is so hard these days. How do you do the mini meals on top of that?

Bobbi, I love hibisus plants. I'm impressed you're growing them in the tundra.

Gayle, I'm lucky have a work schedule that I can keep regular. With that, it makes exercising regularly easier. I use pretty much set times. I have more trouble convincing myself to exercise on weekends because I don't have a schedule. I love Maddie's dress. BTW, my granddaughter is a Maddie too.

Tea, my first thought on the half million dollar pool was I wonder if we all combined all the pounds we lost and how many we've gained how close we'd come to a half million. Then I chuckled thinking that perhaps I was overestimating because many of you might not be yo-yo dieters like me.

Rie, sounds like you're having fun, even with the DS difficulties!

Wanna, caffeine withdrawal will always cause headaches. It's worth it in the long run.

Zoe, You've got a great attitude about your plan, long-term, not just until the wedding. You are going to be a knockout even if you didn't lose an ounce.

Nancy, I hope you feel better soon.

Freda, my house SO needs one of the little chores that get missed types of days. It is tiring.

My Leo co-workers and I had a great annual b-day lunch. The place is a fussy place. Girlie. A place big girl blouse guys would go. It was fun and I tried to choose well. For my side, I ordered chicken noodle soup (no fries...) and only at the broth. I thought that was cool and for me very different. Because of the broth, I ate my wrap slowly and enjoyed every bite. Regardless, I'm guessing my calories won't be on target but they won't be bad either. I'll guestimate them and log.
Marie
Old 07-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all....Announcing in big letters I AM HAVING A GOOD DAY! Just drug the bod around past few days and felt ughhhhhh. Today the pain is there but not roaring and easier to cope with. I am so far behind in personals that am starting anew. I read everything and you made me laugh even when it hurt. It is so fine to have friends all over the world to watch over.

Doctor says walk...sure doc...it's 92 with 95% humidity and the streets are melting and the air is hotter than a pizza oven. His suggestion then was to stop and look at the grass. I'll walk indoors and in the pool.

I saw on another chick page about Thunderjackets for dogs. They are Tshirts with velcro straps that fit suggly and reassure a dog during a thunderstorm. Got Dash one and he loves it. He looks like a police dog in a bullet proof vest, but during the storms he is curled up snoring instead of quaking. I'll post a picture. Darn took 2 pictures and both are too dark. Try again later.

We have not been to the grocery store in almost 2 weeks and the refrig and pantry are getting bare. Considering had all that company the 1st week. Can't go tomorrow have cleaning girl and the nail appt. Some how since my surgery I have become "sweetie" to the cleaning girl am not sure how this is gonna work. She was here 2 weeks ago while the home health nurse was here and she got protective and watched everything the RN did....it was weird????? Like I had gotten a pitbull. thought she was going bite when I got a finger stick for Protime. Good thing I have no trouble firing people.

off to shrink Dash's pic.....k3
Old 07-27-2011, 08:48 PM   #453  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I stayed on course today. I can't do Diet Mountain Dew...anything diet will give me a migraine headache. I didn't even have a Mountain Dew today! I am doing good!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #454  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All…
I was out doing errands today and got sick as a dog from the heat, so I’m moving extremely gingerly. I. HATE. SUMMER!!!!
Rie – hope your fun time is continuing! How much longer do you have?

Marie – I’m excited for you about your b’day weekend! Sounds like you’re planning in advance, and I know you’ll have a good time, too!

Rosey – love your Gizmo avatar and your puppy stories!

Gayle – Granny/Mom’s CT scan was quick (~15 minutes) and the results should be available by Monday when we return to see the vascular surgeon. I think she’s ready to do it, if the doc agrees to do the surgery. I can’t imagine that she wouldn’t feel better! Thank you for asking! Maddie’s dress is too cute!

Nancy – hope you’re feeling better!

KarenFL – what a good idea for Dash! And your report encouraged me. I’ve been very worried about you! Maybe your body is just being a little stubborn and is taking its own sweet time to recover. If that’s the case, well and good! As long as you’re getting better every day….

That’s it for today. Nothing of any interest to report to you… and I just want to go to SLEEP. Have I mentioned that I. HATE. SUMMER!!!!!?

Tomorrow is the job interview for the office job. PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED! It’s right up my alley, and I NEED this! Thank you ver’ much! Later……..
Old 07-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #455  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Donna ~ sorry that the heat is making you sick ~ hope cooler weather comes to you soon ~ hope you feel better.

Wannabe ~ good for you doing without the Mountain Dew.

Karen FL ~ glad you had a good day ~ hope it keeps going well

Marie ~ glad you and your coworkers had a nice lunch.

Freda ~ sorry you are having sleeping troubles ~ hope that doesn't continue much longer.

Bobbi ~ your fresh raspberries sound yummy.

NC Nancy ~ hope your "bug" leaves you and you get to feeling better.

Zoe ~ glad your weather was a little cooler today ~ did you get to spend a little time by the lake as you had planned?

Rie ~ hope the family stresses let up so you can enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Tea ~ sorry about that darn plateau. Hang in there.

Almost time to go to bed. One day down and two to go. It was a wild and crazy busy day at work today. Not a very good first day back for the charge nurse who had been out for surgery or a good last day for our young coworker who is also in the army and is being deployed to Afghanistan in the fall.

Ok, I'm procrastinating here ~ the evening is so short ~ I hate for it to end so soon and quit having fun (this place) and have to go to bed. Oh well, at least I was only a little late getting out of work tonight and got to have more of the evening than I do sometimes.

Hope you all rest well.

Take care
Old 07-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #456  
I Need Accountablity!

Checking in....stepped on the scale, just to see...hope it is just fluctuations in weight. I am not ready to check the scales every day...that is for sure.

I need to follow the coarse today. No Mountain Dew for me today! I had coffee instead. I am drinking my first glass of water. I need to make a container for the water I need to drink for the day.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #457  
I Need Accountablity!

Took my two little fur balls for a walk before the HEAT sets in today and got dressed...so far so good!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #458  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Birthday KarenFla, be back later for personals.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #459  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning, all! Well, I am still OP, and feeling more and more “in the groove” – not tempted by lunchroom goodies, no cravings, feeling perfectly satisfied at the end of the day when I’ve had my allotment of calories. Now, mind you, I am not proclaiming victory, here. Making good progress, period, and thank you. I know all too well how easy it is to fall “out of the groove” because I’ve done it, what….four kazillion, three borakulizillion, two trillion, eight million, seven hundred thousand times before. SO, “been there, done that, got the (big girl – ) T-shirt! I am humbly taking this one day at a time, renewing my commitment every morning, and hope, hope, hoping for the best.
Gayle, yes, I made it to the lake, and had one beautifully sunny (and pleasantly breezy) half hour, and then this great mass of gray clouds filled the sky, and it looked rather ominous, so I gathered up my chair and book, and hightailed it back to the car. Half-way home from there, the cloud bank ended and it was lovely and sunny again. I’m beginning to think that the clouds are somehow attracted to me. The same thing happened last week. Grrrr. The half hour was nice, though – I think I even dozed off for a few minutes. It’s so rare that I get a little time to myself when I don’t have to be talking to somebody or accomplishing something. I really value those little bits of time that I do manage to carve out for myself. .
Wannabe, did I somehow miss your introduction to the group? Do you have a first name that you’d like, maybe, to share with us here?
Fingers and toes (and eyes) crossed for you, PT – I don’t remember your mentioning this job interview before, but if it’s what you want, then I say you should have it! So, break a leg on that interview, and report back asap!
Really glad to hear that you’re feeling better, K3. Oh, poor mother hen cleaning girl….surely you won’t fire her for being protective? Just have a nice chat and tell her to please back off because you can take care of yourself now. She must’ve been really worried when you first got home and weren’t feeling so haute, don’t you think?
Marie, with all your exercising, I have to say that it amazes me that you still have to watch what you eat so closely. Seems like you could burn off a couple of thousand calories a day without even breaking a sweat! But, on the other hand, failing to watch once we’ve gotten down close to goal is what typically has the rest of us gaining back those pounds we struggled so hard to lose. So, you’re right to be careful, and I guess I’m just expressing my own frustration at never, ever being able to relax about my weight, you know? Just keep up the good work, girlfriend!
Freda, every so often – actually, sometimes as much as twice a week or so – I have trouble sleeping, too. I lay awake for long, long periods of time and only fall asleep, it seems, just minutes before the alarm clock blasts in my ear. Those nights, I’m lucky if I get 3 hours sleep in fits and starts, and when that happens, I’m exhausted for the next couple of days at work. I’ve taken Benadryl, and sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn’t. Melatonin does me no good at all, although Bobbi swears by it, don’t you, Bobbi?
I hope you’re feeling better today, Nancy! You should definitely be out and about showing off your slim new bod and all your designer outfits!
Well, I need to get back to work, here, but wanted to say Hi to everybody (Hi, everybody! ) and check in.
Have a nice day, y’all!
Z
Old 07-28-2011, 09:48 AM   #460  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Ooooops!!!!!! Happy Birthday, K3!!!!!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:02 AM   #461  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Birthday Karen!! Enjoy this day and do something wonderful!!

Be back later.....
Old 07-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #462  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All…
Quick check in…. my job interview is at 11, so I don’t have a lot of time to dawdle.
KarenFL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISSY KARENFL.............
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Wannabe – hello…. and is that your given name?? Tell us about your two fur balls. We LOVE fur balls here, both feline and canine.

PT/Zoe – sounds like you’re in the groove, yes. I hope you’re stronger than I am when, about 10 days into the program, I have cravings bad enough to gnaw the paint off the walls. I, of course, always succumb. You’re a pretty tough old golden, so you’ll probably be able to fight them, if they come!

I don’t know if I necessarily WANT this job, but I NEED this job, soon to be desperately, and it’s something that I could easily live with, which is a ringing endorsement!

I rarely have trouble sleeping, PT, but when I do, the best thing for me is Nyquil PM. I know that people with certain meds/conditions need to be careful of that, but it works for me. That wee bit of alcohol must really hit my system!

Nothing to report. My weight is back to where it was before I had the CarboBlah Blues (sounds like a country western song title!), so I’m very status quo. For some odd reason, the heat doesn’t seem to affect my appetite, which seems unfair. I am so much enjoying the melons!

I’ll let you know about the interview… good thoughts, PLEASE! Have a good one, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 07-28-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #463  
Bobbi

Good Morning, and it's very good. I get to stay home today. It's so hot and humid today that all my windows are fogged up on the outside. With all this hot, humid weather.........my flowers are beautiful and lush. Too bad our garden tour was held so early, now is the perfect time. I put in two clematis climbing vines this spring and yesterday the first flower emerged, I'll post a picture later.
KarenFla...I hope you have a good birthday considering your aches and pains. I can't remember how restricted your eating plans are, can you have birthday cake? I've never heard of Thunderjackets before, wonder if they make one big enough for our English Setter? Charlie runs down to the basement when it thunders. Yes, please post a picture of Dash.
Quote:
I saw on another chick page about Thunderjackets for dogs. They are Tshirts with velcro straps that fit suggly and reassure a dog during a thunderstorm. Got Dash one and he loves it. He looks like a police dog in a bullet proof vest, but during the storms he is curled up snoring instead of quaking. I'll post a picture
Marie... Say what? The tundra? HaHa, never heard Minnesota called that before. As to the yo-yo dieter, I think we're all yo-yo dieters. My weight never gets to far out of control, I jump back on the band wagon when it spikes.
Quote:
, I love hibisus plants. I'm impressed you're growing them in the tundra.Then I chuckled thinking that perhaps I was overestimating because many of you might not be yo-yo dieters like me.
Speaking of weight spiking.... Lynn, I chuckled when you told us about your dry, dry, dry, dry martini's and wondering if you and hubby would like each other when you both quit. I had the same scenario with DH when we quit boozing. We thought alike, wanted to go the same places, enjoyed the same foods, etc. Guess what, we still liked each others company after we went cold turkey. Another positive thing that changed was my weight. I dropped about 25 pounds without even trying. All that Cabernet wine was keeping the fat on me.
Zoe...We'll add you to the yo-yo's club. Melatonin does work for me. I take a tablet just before bed. I have a eye dropper bottle of the liquid in a bedside drawer if I can't get back to sleep after nightly bathroom breaks.
Quote:
zoeI know all too well how easy it is to fall “out of the groove” because I’ve done it, what….four kazillion, three borakulizillion, two trillion, eight million, seven hundred thousand times beforeMelatonin does me no good at all, although Bobbi swears by it, don’t you, Bobbi?
Freda...Lampshades, geeeeeez freda...did you have to mention them? I would take a high powered hose to them if I could. But they're cloth of some kind, all of them. DH usually vacuums them when he notices dust. As to setting the thermostat so cold, I'm always cold. I think Marie said the same thing. Even when I was chubbier, I had cold hands and feet.
Quote:
Like washing the lampshades and washing the blinds.Bobbi, I always keep the AC at 75. I would probably freeze you out, but any warmer than that and I would be sweating!

Donna... I LOVE SUMMER! Sorry you can't take the heat, it appears we're on the opposite ends of body temps. I hope you drinks lots of water when you have to go out, better yet...carry water with you. Do you get nauseated?
Quote:
I was out doing errands today and got sick as a dog from the heat, so I’m moving extremely gingerly. I. HATE. SUMMER!!!!

Wannabe...yes, do you have a name we can call you? I for one use a nick-name my grandkids call me. Have you tried putting some flavor in your water so it goes down easier? Like a slice of lemon, lemon juice. I had a recipe for sassy water but can't remember it now, something with a sliced cucumber and mint leaves. I'll have to look it up and post.
I'll be back later, gotta take some picture, look up the recipe.
Hi all you Golden Girls I missed.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #464  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

I was up early this morning and I enjoyed the quiet. We had a great time at Bear Country yesterday and had a great supper at a steak house. I totally splurged and ate a giant chocolate/cream cheese brownie sunday with the boys. It was absolutely wonderful. Maybe better than sex (I seem to have trouble remembering that clearly....) its been a while.

Yesterday we took the boys to a kids fishing camp where they each caught nice sized trout and then fed fish in the pond. It was so cute. Then we went to a free park called "storybook land". Lots of wonderful kids stuff. Today we are going to the reptile gardens and then there is a circus in town so we will hit that tonight.

Yesterday went a little better family-wise. I think I am just feeling a little caught as intensive Mom/Grandma time is surrounding me. Usually, we stay in seperate rooms but here we are in a family suite and I have the 4yr old with me. It kind of reminds me of the times as a young mother that I used to think, "what about me?" LOL. It kind of hit me last night that after I picked up a rather large check at the restaurant that the only person who said thank you as we walked away was the 4yr old. I just think that they don't think about it. Today, I am going to go back to enjoying the time and making memories..... thanks for being here for me to vent. I think most of this is my own fault because I have given, given, given. It is just expected.
I think I will look forward to a glass of wine with dinner. I am on vaca, Right?

My oldest son just sent me a text picture of the 7 large cucumbers that my plants produced this week. There will be more waiting when I get home

Karenfl, Happy Birthday!

Zoe, hang in there with the boot camp plan. I like your current idea of taking what is at the end of your deadline. I think you, maybe as much as anyone, understand my feelings about always putting out energy and often not feeling like enough comes back. I hope you get some more quality lake time soon.

Jess, Job interview? What did I miss? Anyway, good thoughts!

Wannabe, as a young mother, I was addicted to mountain dew. It was **** getting off it but you can do it. Good thinking on substituting the coffee. I still have a serious caffeine habit but no calories....

Gayle, the little dress you made is really precious. I have made several attempts at sewing in my lifetime, to no avail.... I hope you are having a good work week.

Freda, I had one of those cleaning bugs shortly before I left home last week. I wish you early recovery....

Bobbi, I am a miracle grow believer. I am always arguing with my dad the farmer about fertilizers. But, my oldest ds is delivering the cucumbers to their house today

Nancy, I hope the bug is only 24 hour bug is only 24 hours.

I know I am missing lots of folks. Sorry. Little boy baths to do and adventures for the day. Later.....

Rie
Old 07-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #465  
Bobbi

Charlie spends much time looking out the window at the bird feeders and squirrels. What a life!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charlie on bed.jpg (27.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg charlie window.jpg (23.4 KB, 6 views)
Closed Thread