Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #256  

Morning everyone..this "GG" is pooped out. besides the girls my dh thinks its ok to dump all the doggy duties on me ugg.he sleeps all nite and does his thing all day and has anap every aft and im chasing 2 kids and 2 un housebroken puppies around in a wheel chair. we had a "talk" about that this am and guess who took his pup with him i must remember he brings me flowers which ive been chanting under my breath.Bobbie the girls are my nieces not my grkids. they are sweet and keep me busy lol.sry your headaches back opps im needed girls are up allready and hungry. i'll be back rosey
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Too pooped to pop! I was in an all-day meeting (I forgot how much I hate meetings - hadn't been to one in over 5 years) and I am exhausted!

I did my hour drive home and laid down in bed and just got up.

Lynn
Old 07-14-2011, 06:04 PM   #258  

Height: 5'3"

Strange, I subscribe to this thread but Rosey's is the only post that was sent to my email! I thought it must be a really slow day to only have one post so decided to check. It's another cool day here in the NW. Apparently there a cold front coming down from BC that's been causing this cooler weather. It's not bad though...no rain, so I kind of enjoy it. Dh would prefer some sun though. We went to our yoga stretch class this am...I really enjoy it! Then before coming home we went to Home Depot and bought a bunch of plants...four prennials for the back yard and a bunch of annuals for the front as we still need something colorful near the curb since the prennials there are no longer blooming. My dh is planting them now. I've been trying to plan our winter trip. Made one timeshare reservation but not really sure what we want to do. We keep going back and forth, but if we don't get reservations we may not find openings later on.

Bobbi - Seems like most women are usually cold...I was when I was thin..but I haven't been cold much in years now! I'm very tired of the hot flashes but they show no signs of disappearing? Don't they know I'm getting close to 70? This is ridiculous! About the joke, it was funny but my first thought I'd hit him! LOL Sorry to hear your head is hurting again!

Rie - sorry about the pb2 ..and I had heard they were so good! Glad you told me and no, I won't bother. My favorite pb is Adams no-stir. It's really the only kind I buy any more.

Marie and Rie - I don't remember the name of the energy drink I took and the bottle has already been recycled, sorry. I think it was kind of a silver bottle. Sounds very much like Rie's as far as ingredients. I checked the carbs and it was <1 and I saw nothing about caffeine...just vitamins. It was not sweet really...almost sour but not a bad taste. It was just a small sample...maybe 2 oz. I did not feel jittery, just more of a sense of strength, and well-being...it was not difficult to exercise and I did not get so tired.

Not much to talk about ...
Old 07-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #259  

Hi everyone.. finally had amoment another busy day. i had the girls make beaded braclets today and sent them on a scavenger hunt(rocks and flowers,bugs and bird feathers to look for) in the yard,and we made red popcorn, a candy coated popcorn made with cinammon red hots(yummy) in between puppy duty. gizmo is so cute on the floor playing with daisy,hes fiesty and fun to watch.dh is feeling a cold coming on so maybe thats why he let me do his share too. I made homemade chix noodel soup for dinner with lots of vegies. the girls are watching sponge bob a cartoon i dont get but intertains them i weighed today and had a gain of 1# surprized me,and im not happy about it.maybe im retaining fluid as i didnt do anything diff im going to leave my wt thingy alone till its -100# Hoping your evenings going well rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 07-14-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:59 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Well, now I’m REALLY having a bad day! I was already feeling a little down, & then I come here & find out I can’t be a member of the DWCC! Now I’m really sad! And DSD, ever helpful, says “well maybe they just don’t like you.” Isn’t she sweet?! (Thank you Rie, at least someone voted for me!) So, if I’ve got this straight, I can’t actually live there as long as I’m in a relationship with a person of the “male persuasion”, is that right? I mean I knew SO couldn’t live there with me, I just wanted to live there when I got totally fed up with him & needed a break! Ok, ok, I’m taking this stuff far too seriously!!! LOL at me!

Changing the subject now, I was feeling down, because today I went out to lunch with my mom & sister, usually something I enjoy. Today it was a total disappointment. I got a late start (for various reasons), didn’t get to spend much time at the thrift store first, as I had wanted to, & I was very unhappy with what I chose to eat. I had the house salad, & it was very bland (I took my own low-cal salad dressing). I had a much better salad at home in my fridge! Then I got a meal to take home & share with SO, & I was not happy with it! And I do so hate to waste calories on food I don’t enjoy! And it made me feel a little sick to my stomach (the food & the disappointment, I guess). Then, I go to visit with my GG friends, & face…… rejection!!! Ok, I’m just kidding (mostly), but I do feel down.

I’m just too whiney tonight! I’m going to make myself one of my iced coffee drinks, with a big dollop of fat-free Reddi Wip (I need comfort!), & lose myself in the pages of a good book! I’ll come back when I’m in a better mood.
NCNancy
Old 07-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #261  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Nancy. You're not rejected - your Significant Other is. BTW, the DSD is a sweetie, bless her heart... I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Mary, the flowers sound pretty. BC can keep there colder weather. Brrr.

Bobbi, loved the joke - and I'd swat the guy too. Men.. Anyway, I can't say the home roasted coffee is cheaper - probably is but its so much better I don't care. Green coffee beans weigh more than after they're roasted so my 5 pound bag of green coffee beans makes about twice the size (at least) of what is then roasted. I'd say it is at least equal to lower price. But as I said, it is so worth it.
Marie
Old 07-14-2011, 08:29 PM   #262  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi GGs,

Really cooled off here on the Cape. Even had to put on long pants and a sweater. After work I rode my bicycle to the bank and then rode over to a local park that has a walking trail (1 mile). I did 2 laps, and then rode back home. Did my yoga – it had been over a week!! I’m very stiff – really notice that when I don’t get regular exercise. Grilled a salmon steak for dinner (yum) and also a zucchini sliced in half. Noticed the beans are just about ready in the vegie garden.

Rie, I hope your friend Sean is ok for his ceremony. It sounds grueling – especially with no food and in that heat. He sounds like a fascinating person. BTW I didn’t know you were a pool playing expert. I liked the detailed description of your imaginary trailer too. I want to come visit!

Freda, I’ve been reading a bunch of James Patterson. Have not gotten into the crime series, but I love the romantic stuff. Good idea, walking and listening. Guess I need to get up with the times in that regard.

Karen3 – Glad you fired that cardiologist – hopefully you are feeling better and better these days.

KarenMO – Congrats on being able to move your ticker down again. Plus, I want to ride in that spiffy car of yours. Good luck on your house decision.

Rosey – Don’t obsess about a pound gain. You’re right – probably water. You sure are busy these days. Give lots of loving to those sweet girls – hopefully things will be better for them.

Marie – hope the allergy shots get easier on your arm, and that the asthma gets better too. Geeze Klamath Falls must be way further north then I thought. Already slipping into winter?? So sorry you have to contend with early am darkness – 4:30 is awfully early. Yeah, I’d sneak the heat too..hate to be cold.

Donna, you had every right to be cranky this am..way too early for all of that. Hope your sister is doing ok with the hemophilia – you’re right we all have health care issues to manage with ourselves and loved ones. Nice to have a place like this where we can vent.

Bobbi – so sorry about the migraine this am. Hope it got better quick. Love the description of your doublewide. I think I’ll have on of those anti-gravity chairs next to mine. Haven’t tried one, but they look comfy and my back has been a pain lately. Loved the joke.

Lynn – Have you recovered from your meeting marathon?

Mary – Don’t you just love getting new plants? Send pictures! I love my yoga too,

Nancy – I’m sorry about your disappointing lunch and takeout…but I can relate. Sometimes my own food is so much better. Hey, I’d let you into our old crone trailer camp with your SO, but I’m sure he’d feel way out numbered and even intimidated by all of us female types.

Well, that’s all folks. I’m off tomorrow (yey!) and am scheduled for a deep tissue massage in the afternoon. That should be just the ticket.

Lyn
[/FONT]
Old 07-14-2011, 08:33 PM   #263  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Golden Girls!

Today is my first day here! I have finally decided to lose the weight. I have done it before and I can do it again!

It is not good weighing the same weight as dh, so that was my last breaking straw today. I found this forum and I will be back posting.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:59 PM   #264  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Jump right in, tell us a little about yourself.
Quote:
Hi Golden Girls!

Today is my first day here! I have finally decided to lose the weight. I have done it before and I can do it again!

It is not good weighing the same weight as dh, so that was my last breaking straw today. I found this forum and I will be back posting
Mary...that's happened to me before too, somedays I get no notice at all about new posting on Golden Girls.
Marie...I guess I was wondering more about the taste of the coffee. You said it's worth it, does it compare to any of the coffee bars. If I purchased just the coffee, could I roast it in the oven. Why doesn't you DH like when you roast it at home, does it stink up the house?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:16 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello GG's

Well, after checking a couple of times tonight, 3fc was back online. Amazing how down I felt when the site was down.

I had a long day today. The weather is really unstable here - we had a really bad storm tonight again. I think that is why I was so sore this morning. Besides, I had some muscle soreness from the new pool methods last night. My Lupus tends to react to lots of changes in barometric pressure. I feel a little stronger this evening, though and not so much joint pain.

Today I signed up for a 5K women's walk with friends. It is not til september so I think that I can be ready. Who'd ever have thought that I would even consider such a thing?

Bobbi, I am so sorry that you have a headache today. Your dh sounds kind to you when you are not well.

Welcome wannabe.... This is a great group. Just jump on in!

Lyn, nice work on the bike ride and the yoga. That cooler weather sounds lovely to me.

Marie, I can see you sneakily with your heater under your desk, LOL. It reminded me of my best friend who is always cold. She loves to put her blow drier under her covers to warm her bed. I am always hot and she is always cold.

Nancy, I think the real danger is that you would be having so much fun visiting our fire that you might start to neglect your man! I think those "down" days just happen sometimes. I hope that you feel better tomorrow. I get disappointed sometimes with the food when I eat out. I look forward to it so much and then, it just isn't that great.

Rosey, you must be everyone's favorite Auntie and grandma. You seem to have an endless list of wonderful things for them to do. That is so loving!

Mary, I am sorry that you are still having hot flashes! I went through menopause quite early and I don't have any problems with it anymore. I am always hot but I find it is lessening a lot with the weight loss. I always called them "temperature malfunctions" or I would say that "my thermostat is stuck" (that's a car term that causes the car to overheat)

Lynn, I despise meetings. They annoy, irritate and exhaust me. And I am both an administrator and a public employee! Are you still doing your training? Feel ok?

Donna. I heard that storm was a doozy. They actually had damage to planes? Some friends of mine rented a car to come home because they were sitting on the tarmack during the storm and their plane was really damaged. I agree. I am often awake early but I am not good to anyone who bothers me in the morning! Hope that sister is ok.

Freda, Zoe, Koala, Tea Granny and Karen3, I am sorry that I missed you. Pretty tired now so I am going to hit the hay now.

Good night. Rie

Old 07-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday's meeting was for the LLS volunteer program I work for. I run for LLS' Team in Training program but I volunteer for LLS School Programs (Pennies for Patients). My life is getting taken over by LLS! Oh well, better than some of the things that took over my life when I was younger :-)

This morning I go to my Dr. to see if he will give me a shot in my knee. It is really acting up - I'm sure it is the running.

Will check back later - hope to get to personals then.

Lynn
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #267  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Quick post ~ almost time to head out to work. Last day then off the weekend ~ thank goodness.

I was looking forward to coming here last night after work and trying to catch up on everyone ~ but the site was down for maintainence

I was sick Monday during the night and slept away most of Tuesday. (Sorry for the repeat ~ I know I wrote that before). Feel a little better, but still not back to normal ~ kind of like I've had the stuffing knocked out of me. I feel guilty even mentioning it knowing what Karen FL has been going through. Hopefully I will be able to rest up this weekend and feel better in time for the next go round a work.

Ok, guess I'd better go get dressed.

Hope you all have a great day.

Take care
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #268  

Good Morning GG's,

It's cool this morning, and we're getting some much needed rain. Went to DGS's baseball game last night and actually wore a sweatshirt. It was wonderful!!! After all the heat we've had, it was a welcome change. I walked to the library yesterday. That was my cardio. I was going to walk outside anyway, and figured it might as well be productive.

Marie, A heater under your desk? it makes me cringe to think of it! I'm always so hot it would be pure torture. I guess you feel the same way about the cold.

Rosie, I bet everyone wants to visit your house. It just looks like fun and you are so creative and always doing crafts. I know my DGD would love it. I hope DH is feeling ok. The chicken soup will help. Don't worry about the gain. You know it's not a "real" gain and will go away.

Rie, We will all be cheering you on in that 5K. Who would have thunk it? us! And I didn't like the powdered peanut butter either. I know some of the GG's do though. maybe it would be OK to mix in with something.

Donna, Sorry to hear about your sisters health problems. You're right, though, we all have family that have some serious health problems. Or we do ourselves.

Lynn, I HATE meetings. They are usually useless and senseless.

Nancy, I'm sorry you feel like you weren't wanted in the DWCC. Of course you are. It wouldn't be the same without you. Sorry you got a bad meal. I hate paying restaurant prices for food that is just so-so. Oh, and I take my own salad dressing too.

Lyn, Sounds like you're getting the same weather we are. Isn't it lovely? Did you enjoy your massage?

Bobbi, what a nice thing for your DH to do, to make you feel better. I guess he's a keeper.

Wanabee, HI, welcome to the group. It's a great place to be. Jump right in and talk to us. You will become part of a very loving family.

Mary, I had horrible hot flashes and they lasted what seemed like a very long time! They are finally gone, for the most part. Still have an occasional one, but much less intense. Hope yours resolve soon. they do seem to be sticking around a long time. How old were you when they started? Just asking because i wonder how long it's been going on.

Gayle, Working? I hope it's good days.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #269  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lyn, if you get into audiobooks - I'm very happy with my audible dot com membership. If you have an iphone or android phone, you can get the app so that you can download them directly to those and listen. I love my audiobooks on my iphone.

Welcome WannaBe. You can do it!

Bobbi, DH hate coffee so anything to do with its taste or smell he despises. The roaster I got has a catalytic converter that minimizes the smoke. I'd never do it in the oven, especially if you do caffeinated beans. The little husk thingies would fly everywhere during the cracking stage. Decaf doesn't have much of that. Plus I think it would be a strong smoke in the oven. Compared to any coffee bar I've been to, there is no comparison - my beans are much superior. There is a roaster on the other side of the mountain that's also a coffee bar but I haven't tried them. I rarely buy coffee out as I adore my mochas best. Thing is about coffee beans, they go stale within a week of roasting. So if you think about store bought - they're roasted long before the supermarket gets them. They're already stale. I know my daughter has a coffee bar in Reno that she's bought fresh roasted beans from and they're excellent. Maybe you could find somewhere that roasts them for a trial. Actually, I remember DD's Costco in Reno also had/has an onsite roaster and I liked their coffee. But doing it myself, I get to choose the specific beans (decaf Sumatra) and roast them to the flavor I like (dark for espresso). There's a whole fun coffee bean world out there.

Rie, WTG on the progress you've made that you're going to do a 5K with your friends. That is fantastic! Also, I bought a heated mattress pad (dual controls and DH has never used his) and I set an alarm to go off every evening so the bed can pre-heat for an hour. I've slept so much better since I bought it since I'm not shivering at night. Also, can you add the powder PB (a little) to your Gosh that's Good mocha for a Reese's Mocha?

Lynn, I hope your knee feels better. I have a great knee brace that has made hiking/jogging (if I was able to breath through such an activity) no longer hard on the knee.

Gayle, have a good day at work and feel better soon.

Freda, enjoy your cooler weather. It probably won't last. I bet you enjoyed the baseball game much more not being hot.

I love Friday. I swear it is my favorite day of the week. The anticipation of weekend. The more relaxed atmosphere. The number of co-workers that take the day off. And the FULL MOON!!!!! As I posted on FB, this morning's doggie walk was incredible. Mr. Moon was so beautiful. I literally danced on the hills. A very good mood. I'm hoping work doesn't destroy that. Last night I wrote for a while and that was the first time since dog-cation ended. Clearly I was too depressed about going back to walk. So my world is getting back on keel. I don't plan to get up at 4:30 on Sat and Sun, but I won't sleep much past 5 since I do not want to go through the torture of 4:30 again next week.
Marie

Last edited by Marie; 07-15-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello Friends!

Just a quick check in this morning. I watched the sun come up this morning. I shared Marie's full moon and enjoyed a really beautiful sunrise with my coffee. (ok, the FIRST cup ) I got in a 65 minute Walk it Out workout and had a nice light breakfast. I worked for a couple hours on a report and then I slid on over to the internet. I want to deep clean the bathroom and redo the caulking today.

Tomorrow is the Big Sky State Games and I will be playing pool. I am playing really bad but I plan to play anyway and just try to enjoy playing....

Ok, I am headed out to check the garden, get the mail and move on or I won't get anything done!

Be back later for personals.

Rie
Closed Thread