3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~July Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #136
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

KarenMo, I created a FB account, but don’t know how to get to our “secret” page. There are a zillion of you (same name) on FB, and it also looks like there are a zillion of me. I think you know my last name – but in case you don’t I’ll PM it to you. Then, I guess, you can invite me to the GG’s page? Sorry about the ticker moving in the wrong direction – now you sound like me, but mostly I avoid weighing myself if I know I’ve messed up, so at least you’re braver than I am – ready to face the music and do something about it. In my case, I just think “I’ll eat right for a week or so, and THEN I’ll weigh myself…and then take it from there. High numbers intimidate me. I’m a wuss at heart.
Oh, a little bitty puppy, Rosey! SO awesome! I just flat out love little baby animals. I’d love a lil’ ole puppy, but they are so much less independent than cats that I guess that getting one needs to wait until I retire and can be at home with it. Probably needs to wait for us to get our lake place, too so he (or she) will have some nice running room and outdoor play space. We’re a little limited on that here, and all I would need would be for a puppy – cute or not – to start digging in the yard when dh (and my children) have spent so much time getting it the way I wanted it.
Lynn, it’s obvious that those two pounds were missing their Mama. I’m actually kind of intrigued by Koala and Freda’s observations about “setting free” as opposed to “losing”, and whether or not that might be a better approach for our poor, damaged little psyches that just can’t stand the thoughts or being called a “loser”. I’m liking that train of thought. I don’t know if I like “setting free”, exactly, but maybe I could come up with something that I will feel comfortable with. Again, I want to point out that for a former social worker, thinking of poor little *lost pounds* floating about in search of food and shelter is a definite turn off. Now, “happy” little pounds off lying on a tropical beach somewhere? I’m getting close, I think. I’ll have to make an announcement once I’ve found exactly the right image for me to use. (As you might imagine, I will be pondering this for awhile…)
Bobbi, oh Goddess of the Garden, why is it that my beefsteak tomato plant is about five feet tall now, but doesn’t have so much as a single bud or blossom, never mind even the teeniest, tiniest tomato????
Glad to hear about your dip in the pool, KarenFla…….you’ll feel better once your life regains some semblance of normality. My sis had that valve replaced in her heart – with a bovine valve, of all things – and had a little bumpy recuperation period, but now she’s back to her daily two-mile walks, and is feeling great. She says she just has to watch herself because she has a tendency to moo from time to time…
Mary, you truly do give me hope! If I start liking exercise once I’ve retired, that will be a huge bonus!!!!
I definitely plan to take your advice, and am on the look-out for something I enjoy doing that requires some physical exertion….I’ve eliminated bungee jumping and pole vaulting without even giving them a chance. I’ve heard there are exercise machines out there that actually move your body for you. In fact, I know of someone who used to go to a tanning salon that had one. I should check back in with her and see if she’s any more toned and taut than she was when I last saw her. If she is, I’m heading for that salon! I don’t need their tanning beds, but I’d be glad to recline on one of those machines and let it move me around!
Rie, both dh & I are addicted to the WW chocolate covered raspberry pops. Oh, MY. They are just deee-lish! And, yes indeed, I feel entitled to a treat once in awhile. My problem is that I usually eat two!
Nancy, I hope you really enjoyed that Chinese buffet! I used to LOVE the ones around here. Well, a few of them, anyway. I found that you had to be a little picky – a whole bunch of them opened up here maybe 20 years ago, and some are still around, some not. There are a few really good, non-greasy and really fresh ones, and a lot of not-so-good ones. But I have to admit that I do love Chinese food….and would actually do okay with it if I just stuck with the vegetable mixtures, but I always head right for the deep fried stuff and the duck sauce…oh, my! Best that I don’t go very often!
PT, we truly must be PTs, because if anyone has dumb questions about technical apps, that would be ME!
Yes, Marie, “Bless your heart”, or “Bless her heart” is the phrase that we’ve all pretty much adopted around here to signify our displeasure with somebody. I’m always very vigilant to make sure that nobody’s blessing MY heart!
Gayle, I hope your headaches are better. Do you think it has anything to do with the humidity/barometric pressure? ? My dh says that he would get bad sinus headaches a lot when he was living in Houston because of that… He says Benadryl is what helped him the most.
Are you still on plan, Tea? Repeat after me….”I am on plan and loving it…I am on plan and loving it…”
Okay, have a great day, y’all….catch you on FB, I hope!
Z

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, 'OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!'"
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 AM   #137
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 7"

Ah, miss one day and so far behind…

Koala, I do the same thing when I’ve fallen off the wagon and am getting back on track. Very strict the first couple weeks, then back to what I know will work. If I just go back to the careful but not strict, I fly off the wagon as though I have wings.

Gayle, I don’t know if I could ever put a peach aside and eat it later. I’ve always said peaches and strawberries are Mother Nature’s gifts to dieters. I love both so much, I only stop because of my stomach’s eventual reaction.

Zoe, good luck on the extreme deference from your DH on your commute. Men have short memories. BTW, if you want to bike, I can’t recommend enough purchasing a female anatomically correct seat. They’re only about $30 and worth every penny. You can do it! Also, I don’t really consider the hiking, swimming and biking (outdoors on a trail) exercise. That’s my fun activities that I can do because I exercise on the elliptical (and bike on fluid trainer stand). That exercise I force myself to do for the bipolar and being able to be active. Sort of like food – if I choose empty cal food, I’ll feel like crap. So I make sure I choose the good foods (high majority of the time) so I feel good. I make myself exercise so I fell good and can play. To me, it’s worth it.

Donna, you’re scaring me on my Strawberry Turvies. I have beautiful plants and some berries. Are you telling me they will flake away??? I also have Tomato Turvies and they have flowers. I think the strawberry ones look pretty but I was able to eat strawberries already from my garden but not from the turvies. And I remember listening to a book a couple years ago with the bless your hearts (and the definition) and loved it. Maybe next time…

Mary, I started with exercise videos too. I’d read about WATP videos that many had raved about. So I asked what they are. Walk Away The Pounds with Leslie Sansone deserves all the credit for my fitness level. I don’t do them anymore since they don’t raise my heart rate but for about 2 years, they were my progressively tougher exercise.

YEAH KarenFL on swimming and feeling a bit better. That is the best news of my morning.

Rosey, puppies are a handful and don’t get the idea of sleeping through the night for quite a while. And now you have double trouble.

Freda, I’ve never pinched off the buds on my strawberry plants. What if they were going to give me a berry and I killed it without remorse??? I also can’t thin my plants because I feel like I’m a murderer.

I apologize for missing anyone. I’m sort of out of it this morning. DD’s b-day celebration was all day and I’m tired. DD is heading home today. Back to quiet and solitude. DH said 5 days is too long for guests. He went back to work this morning. And he can’t count, today is day 7. Hehehehehe. My dogs are tired and ready to return to dog-cation. So am I…
Marie
Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #138

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Zoe and Marie--- I just sent friend request to you both. I have some running to do this afternoon but as soon as I get back I will check and then add you to our 3FC Golden Girls..

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~
Old 07-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #139
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Good Morning GG's... Home Depot has a great clearance going on now if you have them in your area. Yesterday I purchased 6 more perennial plants, Flame Purple Garden Phlox. They were only $1.98 each! I've added 26 perennials the past week or so. It's a great time for filling in here and there when everything is clearance out.
Lynn...we don't live on a farm, it's an acreage and not very big. It's 1.25 acre of land but it's all trees, garden and flower beds. We also have aspargus, raspberries, strawberries, grapes and Plum, apple, apricot, cherry, pear and peach trees. When Charlie dies (our English Setter) we're going to sell and move into town, he's only 5 so it'll be another 10 years before we downsize. It's not only lots of work out here but I'm constantly running into town. I'm looking forward to sitting outside on my butt doing crossword puzzles with my morning coffee and wondering what the Golden Girls are doing for the day.
Quote:
Hmmm – how many foods do you grow? How big is your farm?
KarenFla...I'm thinking good thoughts about you.
KarenMo...As you can see, I found you on Facebook. If you were looking for the name Bobbi, you wouldn't find me. That's the name my grandkids call me, it's means grama in Czechoslovakian. I hate my real first name, don't ever call me by that because I'll not answer to it. (sorry mom)
Marie...you're too funny, I feel the same way. I tried to kill a strawberry plant for 3 summers in a row. (The birds planted it) I finally gave up and planted more strawberries there since the one plant seemed to like the location. Same thing happened with a grape seed a bird pooped out, I kept digging that out too and it just came back. I felt sorry for it (as if it has a soul) and let it live. DH put a fence up so it had something to climb on.
Quote:
I also can’t thin my plants because I feel like I’m a murderer.

Zoe...the whole country is behind at least 3 weeks, remember we had near freezing weather not too long ago. You could give it a shot of Miracle Grow, we have tomatoes on our vines but only the size of a golf ball. Next year put them in another location and mix in some manure to enrich the ground. You shouldn't plant tomatoes in the same spot every year. (Especially if you have blight)
Donna...I was thinking the same thing as you, what to do with them over the winter. Why don't you google that question. I've never used those 'thingies' before.
Koala...how many kittens do you have? They are so cute at that age. I see so many cats up for adoption on our local news programs. Unfortunately I'm allergic to them so we only have a dog.
Quote:
The kittehs love visiting their surrogate Nana and have a busy time checking out all their favourite places in her house, like leaping up the wall and stopping the pendulum on her clock, trying to attack her owl ornament, and batting the flowers in her dried flower arrangement, to name a few! I know it's time to leave when my nerves start to get frayed ...

Freda...I had a great aunt that always said, "Bless Your little hearts". She was as Yankee as you can get too. I didn't know that was a Southern thing, funny how you expressed it when speaking of someone you don't like...I'll remember that..
Rosey...your hubby sure spoils you. I loved the pictures of your lab puppy and daisy playing tug of war. Is your hubby around during the day to potty train?
It's lunch time...I'll be back later. Below is a picture of my blooming Yucca plant and the wayward grape vines the bird planted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yucca.jpg (24.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg grapes.jpg (35.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink : 07-07-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:57 PM   #140
Lifelong Journey Member

Bobbi, "That's the name my grandkids call me, it's means grama in Czechoslovakian. I hate my real first name, don't ever call me by that because I'll not answer to it. (sorry mom)",

Oh, too funny. I'm Czechoslovakian (even though its not a country anymore). I didn't know Bobbi meant Grandma in Czech. BTW, I legally changed my name as I HATED what my parents gave me. Maybe it's a Minnesotan thing (I grew up there but wasn't born there so the idea is a little flimsy).

My house is quiet and the dogs are chewing on rawhides as a gift for being so good and patient. Yeah for empty nests. I logged into the FB group. Thanks KarenMO for setting it all up.
Marie
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #141

Hi everyone. juts got back from the grocery store,let the puppy outside and im relaxing for awhile and catching up. Yes Bobbie he does help,the lab is his dog. on monday i get mine,a tiny toy longhaired chauhah(sp). so we will have double trouble by the way i dont like my name either esp my middel name which is Harvey. really it is. my moms maiden name,it was fashionable to do that back then nothing else to report. hope your day is a good one rosey

I am enough!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #142

Height: 5'1"

Just wet shopping at ACO's and found these cookies that look like Oreo but are supposed to be high fiber and have vitamins. Actually healthy, or at least for a cookie. Anyone else seen these? I didn't buy them, but was wondering about them.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:13 PM   #143

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Golden Girls

I had pool late last night and my internet was down this morning. I missed you guys!

I had a good night at pool and played pretty well. I got there early and played some with one of my team mates. We played for about 2 hours and I held my own. He is really talented. I thought it was funny because he was talking about his mother being "old". When I pointed out to him that I am older than his mother, and my son is older than him (he's 24). He kept saying NO WAY!, No way! Pretty cute.

Freda, Healthy cookies? How many carbs/ calories? You are so busy all the time but you do great personals.

Rosey, have fun with those puppies! I love puppies, mostly other peoples puppies!

Marie, I hear you about empty nests. I love spending time with the kids but I am always happy to see them go so I can return to my routines.

Bobbi. Your yard and plants are so beautiful. I am so pleased to report that I have little tomatoes and several little cukes hanging on. I am happy because we got such a late start due to the weather. Good call on the miracle grow. I am a total believer. Tonight I dug a trench around my plants. As the farmer's daughter, I don't water stuff, I irrigate!

Karen, I will go look for the page when I am done here tonight. Thanks again. I would've gone for the Caddy also.

Zoe, your posts are so funny! I love it - social working the pounds.

Donna,grrrr on losing your post. I can never seem to get it back. Strawberries need a ton of water, and they defin. produce the best in the 3 - 4 year.

Lynn, so excited about your training schedule. You are so going to be ready for the race.

Karen3. YAY. You swam. Your sense of humor is clearly back and that is terrific. I am with the others, make sure that they are giving you K.

Koala, I hear you about the relationship with the wii. I just want the darn thing to stop saying "that's obese" when I step on.

Tea, Gayle, and others. I hope that you are well. Talk to you tomorrow.

Rie
Old 07-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #144

Hello everyone! Gosh, I'm pooped! We were gone from about 1:00 until 7:00 tonight! We took off and went and looked at cars. We looked at a Chrysler Town and Country mini van, very nice but not quite sure about it. Then a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd, it was pretty nice and they both have sunroofs still not sure. Then went and looked at another Cadillac CTS AWD-- looked just like the one we sold this morning except this was 2 years newer and All wheel Drive. We couldn't come to an agreement with the dealer on this one so we cam back home with the one we left here with. Not in a big hurry but would like to be able to get something that I am a little more "in love" with then the Edge. We still have it advertised so we will just keep watching.

Karen--So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'll bet you really felt good to go swimming!! Things have been so hectic I haven't been in our pool in 2 days!! That is sad!!!

Well, I think I'm going to pop over to the FB page and see what is happening there and then relax a bit before it's time for bed..

Hope to see more of you over there too! Have a great night..

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~
Old 07-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #145
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Good evening GG's,

About to head to bed here. Off tomorrow ~ yippee.

Have a busy day though ~ Laundry. Weight Watchers in the morning ~ after I drop DH and Maddie off at one of the neighborhood pools. Then a dr's appointment. Did my grocery errands tonight, so I didn't have to try to fit that in tomorrow too. After the dr ~ gonna go to the where DH and Maddie are and spend some time until they are ready to go home. Back home ~ do the getting ready for work stuff and time for bed again.

Went out this evening and sat on the deck and enjoyed just relaxing ~ listening to the night sounds and enjoying the twinkle lights we put out there.

Guess I'll head off to bed ~ hope to get to the personals one of these times.

Take care and rest well

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 07-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #146

Seems like I've been busy yet not really getting much done. Well I have gotten stuff done just never what I plan to do! Yesterday I planned to clean house as I'm way behind on things....but our neighbor is getting ready to have a yard sale, so when we got home from the gym, we went shopping. We bought some patio furniture and they also just gave us a bunch of flower pots, planting soil and fertilizer. So we went out and bought flowers and planted them all. I worked on the patio to make it prettier and my dh worked on the front yard. We have never planted so many flowers before as we have this year and could still use more really. Then today, after our yoga stretch class, I realized I hadn't done my menu planning and grocery shopping so I hurried did that and went shopping. Since I have a nice stockpile, I didn't have to buy much at least esp as I know some garden veggies will soon be ready to harvest too. But I always go to two stores so after I got home I was tired and took a bath and then a nap so didn't accomplish anything else. Don't know why but am really having trouble getting things done!

Tonight My dh grilled hamburgers (the frozen one so didn't take long) and I steamed some corn on the cob (we always just split one) and fried (yes fried!) some crispy french fries (from frozen and just a few) ...added tomatoes, sweet onion and pickles and we had an easy fast meal that was not the best health-wise but was very tasty!! So one of those nights when we did work together on a meal (we do when he barbecues mostly), and we both liked it!

We have a potluck to go to tomorrow. I was planning on taking Rie's chicken but my dh spoke up first and said he wanted to make Chicken Pancit so he's cooking tonight. We (I make it too) make Chicken Adobo and then use the Adobo with the noodles. It's really good but due to our diets we don't eat it often. Fun to take to potlucks though as it's always a hit.

Bobbi- Wished I knew about the sale at Home Depot! We paid $2.50 for most of our plants and they are not perennials. I'd like some more perennials.

Marie - I don't feel that anything I'm doing at the gym is raising my heart rate! The bike machine sometimes says it is up but usually I never feel it. The videos I used to do actually raised it more! The trouble is I can't get myself to be consistent with them...that's one reason I started the gym. I don't know if I just need to walk or bike (at gym) at a faster speed or longer or what. My old circuit training class used to get my heart rate up sometimes but not always. There's a boomer class I'd like to take but it's too early in the morning for me. I love the stretch classes as they make me feel good but can't seem to find aerobic exercise that really makes me feel I'm accomplishing much.

Zoe - Yeah, I eliminated bungee jumping and pole vaulting pretty quickly too! I've seen those ads for those machines that you put your feet on and they shake your whole body and supposedly it gives you all the benefits of exercise... Let me know if you discover it really does the trick!

Karen31 - I don't understand how to get to the "secret page" either and saw no way to "like" you either. Guess you'll have to explain all this to us. How fun to be car shopping! Hope you find one you really fall in love with! I love car shopping...but I hate car dealing!

Hello to everyone else! Hope you have had a good evening and are sleeping nicely by now ...well those of you back east anyway. It's only 9:34 pm here.

Mary

Last edited by maryea : 07-08-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:33 AM   #147

Mary, do you have a facebook page? If so let me know how to find you. The "Secret" page won't show when you look for it because it is secret.. I guess that is good. Did you go to my page? http://facebook.com/KarenSwaine If you want to you can PM me your page.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #148

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday Everyone,

Getting ready to leave for the movies. I am meeting my sister and we are going to the Tom Hanks movie – Larry Crowne. The theater is dine-in and they actually have a pretty good menu. The only problem is that salads are kind of difficult to eat from the trays they have.

Secret Pleasures - Anybody watch BB last night? RACHEL is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Good Morning! I had to change my ticker in the wrong direction this morning!! It showed exactly 166 on my wii this morning! That is defintely not good!! Not having anymore cookouts for awhile-- not any birthdays coming up soon so it is time to get this back under control!! Me and my Wii are going to have to become "best buds" again!!
Hi Karen,

Those lbs will melt right off when you reconcile with WII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
I have to go walker shopping with Granny/Mom today. Both of my local sibs are "too busy" and so it falls to me again. My brother doesn't even want to be around her, because she's so nasty and mean. I'm getting very tired of all of this, and I wonder who is going to be there when I need help? I know, I know... I'll be sitting on the curb with a 45-year-old cat! (whine)
Hi Donna,

I so know what you mean. So far, my DF is not mean to me, but she is getting VERY angry and negative about her family members. She thinks that they are taking/moving her stuff, neglecting her (she forgets when she sees them), ordering her around… I find it more and more difficult to spend time with her, but I also feel responsible to do so. She is always VERY grateful to me and (whether or not she remembers it) says she needs my company. Hopefully, you and I will NOT need anyone to pay us back for our good deeds. I would rather have ANY other disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
[color="Purple"][b] I’m actually kind of intrigued by Koala and Freda’s observations about “setting free” as opposed to “losing”, and whether or not that might be a better approach for our poor, damaged little psyches that just can’t stand the thoughts or being called a “loser”. I’m liking that train of thought. I don’t know if I like “setting free”, exactly, but maybe I could come up with something that I will feel comfortable with. Again, I want to point out that for a former social worker, thinking of poor little *lost pounds* floating about in search of food and shelter is a definite turn off. Now, “happy” little pounds off lying on a tropical beach somewhere? I’m getting close, I think. I’ll have to make an announcement once I’ve found exactly the right image for me to use. (As you might imagine, I will be pondering this for awhile…)Z
Hi Zoe,

Funny, I was just thinking this morning about the language used regarding cancer. It’s all about “fighting” and “killing” and “winning” – VERY confrontational. It occurs to me that I take a different view. I see my cancers more like a loved but misbehaving pet. It thinks it is doing things right, but causes problems. I am wondering about existing research related to one’s attitude toward our diseases.

With regards to weight – for me, it is definitely Velcro. I live in a body of Velcro and those lbs are covered in the corresponding Velcro. I get near the foods/amounts that are not good for me & those lbs jump onto my Velcro-covered body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie View Post
[color=Purple] Mary, I started with exercise videos too. I’d read about WATP videos that many had raved about. So I asked what they are. Walk Away The Pounds with Leslie Sansone deserves all the credit for my fitness level. I don’t do them anymore since they don’t raise my heart rate but for about 2 years, they were my progressively tougher exercise. Marie
Hi Marie,

I did the same thing. Began with WATP tapes (before they were CD’s) and moved onto tougher exercise routines. I recommend them HIGHLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkorchid] Lynn...we don't live on a farm, it's an acreage and not very big. It's 1.25 acre of land but it's all trees, garden and flower beds. We also have aspargus, raspberries, strawberries, grapes and Plum, apple, apricot, cherry, pear and peach trees.
Hi Bobbi,

WOW! That’s a LOT of crops on 1.25 acres! Didn’t you used to have animals? I seem to remember farm animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
i dont like my name either esp my middel name which is Harvey. really it is. my moms maiden name,it was fashionable to do that back then
Hi Rosey,

As a genealogist, I LOVE it when children have their mother’s maiden name as a middle name. It makes is MUCH easier to make a positive ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Just wet shopping at ACO's and found these cookies that look like Oreo but are supposed to be high fiber and have vitamins. Actually healthy, or at least for a cookie. Anyone else seen these? I didn't buy them, but was wondering about them.
Hi Freda,

Please PM me the brand name. I LOVE oreo cookies and NEVER have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Lynn, so excited about your training schedule. You are so going to be ready for the race.
Hi Rie,

I KNOW I will be OK with the length. My two worries are the time (they sweep you if you take too long) and the fundraising (you must raise at least $1,300 to participate for LLS).

This morning I walked (at 3.6 mph) for 8 min 40 sec and then ran for 80 sec. to end up with 3 miles in 49 minutes. Getting faster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Went out this evening and sat on the deck and enjoyed just relaxing ~ listening to the night sounds and enjoying the twinkle lights we put out there.
Hi Gayle,

That sounds so LOVELY. If I lived closer, I’d love to join you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Marie - I don't feel that anything I'm doing at the gym is raising my heart rate! The bike machine sometimes says it is up but usually I never feel it. The videos I used to do actually raised it more! The trouble is I can't get myself to be consistent with them...that's one reason I started the gym. I don't know if I just need to walk or bike (at gym) at a faster speed or longer or what. My old circuit training class used to get my heart rate up sometimes but not always. Mary
Hi Mary,

If you are using a treadmill or elliptical, just raise the incline and the speed until your heartbeat goes up. NOTE: I have never been able to raise mine much on the bike. Increasing the tension hurts my knee too much.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #149
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Good Morning...I only have time to read the current post today. Hope everyone is enjoying the summer, it's going too fast as usual. Be quiet Donna, you're the only one waiting for winter.
I'm on my way into town for massage and chiropractor. DH told me to stop buying perenials, we have enough. What a spoil sport! I'm going to look anyway, who knows? They might even be cheaper today.
Lynn...we had Orpington chickens (6) that laid brown eggs and we all very sweet natured. They got old, stopped laying. 2 died on their own, dh took care of the rest. We both felt bad because they were our friends.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #150
Donna

Good Morning, All!

PT/Zoe – so glad you found your way to the FB page. I’m so looking forward to seeing everyone’s pictures of pets and houses and kiddies and spouses and birdies and flowers and whatever else!

Marie – we had a lovely rain last night, and I put my topsy turvy strawberries on the lawn for a nice soaking! I think it did them good, because they’re looking WAY better this morning than they have for a while! I’m not giving up on them yet! I have lots of little flowers on them, but no good fruit. PT/Zoe and I did the Leslie Sansone tapes for a while, whined and commiserated daily, until boredom almost caused our demise! I suspect she’s still doing a lot more than I am, because she does ride her bike!

Bobbi – I have those yucca plants in my front, too… cannot KILL them! I’ve dug them up, gassed them, poisoned them, everything, and they still come back. I’ve finally accepted that they’re good security. No one will be climbing in my windows unless they want to severely jeopardize the jewels! And how are your headaches these days, as well as the other owwwies you got from all your gardening endeavors?

I was fascinated by the name thing, Bobbi, Marie, and Rosey! My given name is Donna Louise, but I was born in a Catholic hospital, and they took it upon themselves to put “Madonna Louise” on my hospital birth certificate. Now, that IS funny!!

Lynn – I want to hear a review of “Larry Crowne”. I love, love, love anything with Tom Hanks, so I hope this is a good one! Did you get the air conditioner fixed?

Had a really good day with Granny/Mom yesterday! I went in person to the vascular surgeon’s office and was able to get an appointment for her. Picked up her prescription for the walker from her doc and, lo and behold!, my brother arrived at Granny’s house the same time I did and went with us! She picked out a nice walker and just MOVED with it! I was running interference with the pedestrians, because she was on a roll! It was great to see. We also bought her a new mattress, and maybe that will help with the insomnia. I had a good time with her and my brother; she was very pleasant and cooperative. I hope he had a good time, too, because I’m going to hit him up to accompany me on her next doctor’s apptment!

Because I had Arby’s for lunch, I was massively hit with cravings in the afternoon and succumbed to, yes, Skittles. And that triggered a Chinese food, gnaw-the-paint-off-the-walls craving, and so my hated scale was chortling with glee this morning! I’ll drink lots of water today to offset all the salt intake.

Hope you’re all going to have a good weekend! Later, all you lovelies!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.