Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #481  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Talking STRESSED! DEPRESSED! FRUSTRATED! Temporarily.

Good Morning all,
Carol Sue, I am tired of all the heat and storms. The power in our area for some is still off. I still have family staying with me. I am so tired. The eating healthy has been out the door. I got my Sensa, but I have not started it yet. I would like to get the stomach infection under control first. I don't want to blame anything on the Sensa. I guess there is a lot of folks who's life has been turned upside down by power outages, at least here in VA.

I just want to get back to a normal routine and in control. I feel so frustrated and my husband is getting on my last nerve. Thank God I am going out of town next weekend to visit family. Not much of a break, but still a change. Stress can really get the best of you and family is wonderful,
but sometimes it all is just to much. Ok, thats my rant for hopefully for the week. Andi, how is your son?
You ladies have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 07-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #482  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi all,

DS made it through the surgery fine, but it was a bigger procedure than we anticipated and they put in a plate and 7 screws into his lower leg. He was pain free yesterday because they used a nerve block in his leg, but early morning it wore off and he's in huge pain. I've stayed home from work and am trying to get him to eat so the Vicadin doesn't upset his stomach but he's not eating much. I wish we could just fast forward 6 weeks till the time he's out of splints and casts.

Izzy, glad things seem OK in your neck of the woods.

Carol Sue, one good thing about hail damage to a roof is that often the insurance will buy you a new roof. Ditto with the car if the deductibles aren'
t too high.

Glad we all made it through a pretty rough week.

Andi
Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #483  
Chick Losing

Hi ladies,
Andi glad to hear that your son came through the surgery ok. I am sorry he is in pain, I hope things heal quickly. I am still dealing with family staying and trying to get things back to normal. Normal as it can be.

izzy
Old 07-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #484  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Andi - I keep telling DH to call the insurance company and have them check the roof, but he says he checked it and it's OK. It does not cost anything to have their adjuster take a look at it, and they might see something that he doesn't. He a good handyman but he is not a professional. Several people on our street had their roofs replaced by insurance from the last hail storm, and DH said they are just cheating the insurance company because their roof was old anyway. But I feel that the insurance company would not fix the roof if it didn't look like hail had damaged it. Maybe I can talk him into it. He did call about the damage to the car and they are coming out on Tuesday to take a look. I think he worries more about the car than the house roof, and I am the opposite.

We had problems in our area after the last hailstorm. There were companies coming here from Texas to repair roofs since there was such widespread damage. This one company did not pay for the roofing materials but accepted payment from the homeowner. The company then put a lien on the home for payment. They had to track down the roofing contractor to get payment made to remove the lien. That storm was over a year ago and many of these problems have still not been settled. You have to be careful who you deal with. I believe in only dealing with local, reputable companies, not these out-of-towners that you'll never see again.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #485  

Hi all,

Carol Sue, apparently you can have roof damage from wind or hail and not be able to tell - but an expert can. A lot of my neighbors have had their roofs replaced due to damage, so I called my insurance company just to check it out. They came out and went up to the roof, along with a contractor that I found, but said there was only normal wear and tear so they wouldn't cover it - but it doesn't hurt to check.

Izzy, hope your power is back on, your guests have gone home, and your stress levels are back to normal again. Also I didn't know about your stomach infection - hope it's cleared up by now and you can start with Sensa as we are dying to hear your results. :-)

My son is doing better, but is still on crutches and will be for 6 weeks. He wants to go camping with friends this weekend (planned for months) so I'm looking into renting him a wheelchair so that may happen. If he's very careful it just might work.

I'm settling down after this stressful event and starting to get back to normal. I'm up about 3 pounds but am cognisant of this and have been watching every bite. I'm having some binge-type behavior after I get home from work (my reaction to stress) so will take some fiber capsules before I leave work and plan to eat a salmon and salad dinner before it starts this evening.

My summer vacation begins the end of next week!!! DS and DD are not going with us this year so they can go to school and work, but DBF will be going and I'm looking forward to a week of R & R in Isle of Palms, SC (20 min from Charleston).

Have a great day!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 07-10-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #486  

Andi - DH checked the roof again and said it's OK, so I'm letting it drop. We did get the car fixed and they waived the deductible, so I'm happy about that.

You are very aware of your eating and exercising so I believe you will not have that 3 lbs on for long. It's funny how the weight can come on so much faster that it goes off.

I hope your son survives his camping trip. Young people don't let anything hold them back. We should learn from them.

Hope your power is back on, Izzy!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #487  
Chick Losing

Hi everyone
Just checking in. Been out of town and working alot. I am tired and just need some sleep. Please check your private email for some important news.
Thanks

Izzy
Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 AM   #488  

Hi all,

Izzy, I didn't receive any private message...could you please resend? :-(

It's been a pretty busy weekend, but just keeping up with laundry, housework and the like. The air cond. is on all the time now and we expect it to get to 92 or 94 today. I did some mindless eating on Sat and Sun and really should have known better, but back on track today. I've got vacation on my mind (next Sat am) and all the things I have to get done before we leave - I'm sure you guys know how that is.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Let's keep losing!

Andi
Old 07-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #489  
Chick Losing

Default changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane

Hi Izzy,

Just a reminder that the number of posts in a thread is limited to 500, and your group is nearing that, so you'll need to start a new one soon. I think it's just great that the bunch is doing so well! If you need anything, just let me know.

Jane
Hi Ladies
Its time to make a few changes as you can see, we will continue as
"BFC One Week Challenges & Beyond" II

Starting soon.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #490  
Chick Losing

Hi everyone
Started on my sensa today. I hope it works. I am going through some personal problems with my marriage. I need sensa now more than ever. I hope it keeps me from emotional eating. I posted that we will soon have to continue a new thread because we are almost to our maxium post allowed per thread. Please keep posting and I will start it when we reach 498-99 post.
please look for it. Excuse me being a little boring, I have alot on my mind.

Hugs
Izzy
Old 07-17-2012, 10:51 AM   #491  

Izzy, I will keep you and your family in my prayers, that everything works out in the end. Hang on.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #492  
Chick Losing

Hello everyone,
I am doing ok, my hubby works out of town and he has not called at all this week. I refuse to call him. So you know how these things work. Well, I started the sensa, but I keep forgetting to put it on my food. It so simple that you just sometimes I forget. I have had alot on my mind so I will have to try harder. I appreciate everyone concern and hope that all is well with each of you. I think we all need a real good challenge. I'll start the BFC phase II soon and it will open with a Labor day challenge just like last year. Man this year has really went by fast. Who knows what the next couple of months will bring, maybe we will lose 20 pounds or win the lottery. We all can dream and work toward our goals. Ladies lets get excited about losing again.

Sending hugs & best wishes
Izzy

Last edited by BCL216; 07-18-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #493  
Chick Losing

Hi
Just wanted you to know that I have posted the new thread
"BFC One-week Challenge & Beyond II" we are almost at the end of the limit for this thread. Don't forget to post there after we reach 500 here.

Thanks for all your support
Izzy
Old 07-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #494  
GmaTo8

Thanks for posting the new thread. Go ahead and start posting on it, since it's up and ready to go, and I will close this thread. You don't have to reach 500 posts here first. Any one of you can begin a new thread at anytime. A monthly thread may be a good choice, if any of the regulars have a lagging server, but that's up to the group members. Have fun, and keep up the good work!

PS I added the word "nearly" to the welcoming note at the new thread, since I am closing this thread before you reach 500.

Last edited by Jane; 07-19-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:55 AM   #495  
Chick Losing

OK, thanks Jane. I appreciate it.

Izzy
Closed Thread