Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:47 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....Belated happy mother's day...all my chickadees checked in and had a quiet afternoon on the lania. Turns out that when DS comes down in July with GD2 his other daughter who is living in SC is coming to Orlando at the same time. Latest is we will all meet out on Rt 75 for dinner. Only thing out there I know is the Russel Stover factory outlet. Hmmmmm I get all the vanilla butter creams!

Biggest plus is we get to meet her SO. Now I can't wait for July!

Be back after bridge.....k3
Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #107  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check-in....
Glynne, thanks for clarifying the mystery writings! I suspect, too, that it was a cryptic message from the 3 year old!

KarenMO, your pictures are FAB! You're looking so good, and that color is gorgeous on you!!

Spent some time at Granny/Mom's yesterday. Saw my nephew and his two kids, which was nice. It's been quite a while, and I do like those kids! Pleasant visit!

Nothing to report! Summer seems to have arrived. I'm not quite into the Bah-Humbug state, but it-is-coming!!!!

Have a lovely day, Everyone!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #108  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hope everyone had a good Mom’s day. Our DD gave me a beautiful pink Begonia hanging basket. I’ll post a picture of it later. The nursing home that MIL lives at have a nice brunch and the chapel set up with all yester-year stuff. Lots of old furniture, kitchen items, pots and pans, clothes. It was fun to see and made me appreciate all the modern appliances we have. Wouldn’t you hate to wash clothes on a scrub board or the old wringer washing machines with the two rinse water tubs? Some of you know of the relationship DH has with his mom, he really hates her and never goes to see her. I’m the only one that visits every Sunday afternoon, I don’t like her either but the Bible teaches to care for the widows. She was so nasty and vicious at the brunch. I had to wake her when the party was to start, she was so mad that nobody told her about it so she could get ready. (They did tell her but she has dementia.) She jumped all over me and blamed me for not telling her about it sooner, she chewed me a new butt and said she wasn’t going. I told her Tiffany (her only grandkid) and her step GD daughter was in the dining room waiting to celebrate mom’s day with her and I left. After waiting for about 15 minutes, DD went down to invite her to the party. DD came back with the same results as I got. We got up and helped ourselves to the brunch , Barb stormed down and started to belittle me, wouldn’t eat anything. She made such a terrible scene in front of the whole party, wouldn’t calm down. She said it wouldn’t have hurt me to pick up a phone and call her about the party. I said you have dementia and just didn’t remember that you were told that day about it. She said...I WOULD HAVE REMEMBERED SOMETHING AS IMPORTANT AS THAT! The nurse finally came over and told Barb that she was informed that day and Tiffany told her not to be mad at me. That made her even more vicious and I can’t repeat what she said next. We quietly got up to leave, DD, Rachael reached one of the elevators first to go down to parking lot after giving me a hug. I went in the other elevator to reach my car (different level parking lot) and MIL jumped in the elevator with me, still screaming at me. I jumped out and ran to DD’s elevator and went with them, quickly closing the door before she could jump into that one. She makes it very hard to be a good Christian, I’m not going to see her for awhile. I took the summer sweater I purchased for her home with me, she doesn’t deserve a mom’s day gift. Her birthday is July 31, I’m not going to see her until then, will bring her mom’s day gift over for that…….MAYBE. She's been a drama queen her whole life and will never change. Remember she took her only kid (DH) out of her will about 10 years ago, that tells you something about her.
Enough of that saga, did anyone watch The Apprentice last night? I hooted and hollered when Star Jones got fired! That show was on the same time as The Amazing race, we watch both usually. But Star Jones and NeNe Leakes were arch enemies on the same team and sooooo exciting to watch. You'd think I had enough exciting for one day yesterday. Go Figure.
Have a great start to Monday morning, always a great day to get back on track with our food choices.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 05-09-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Bobbi - Dementia is an ugly condition and it removes the filters that keep us acting like sane adults. I'm sorry that you had such a horrid visit You are a good woman to keep on trying. I hope that your July visit goes better.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Thanks for the compliments on my pics. It sure feels good to hear nice things.

We got a call from the house manager on May 5 where our oldest son is living. He is handicapped and living in a group home. I guess the bus driver that brought him back from his day program just took him and another client to the door and just rang the bell and left to go back to the bus. Well, our son rolled down the ramp and down the driveway in his wheelchair and hit the side of the bus! Thanks goodness the bus and not left yet. But it fractured his nose, pushed a tooth back up into his gums and chipped a second tooth! Needless to say I was not happy. They have filed a complaint against that driver. I had the house manager send me a picture and you can tell he sure is in pain. His face and eyes are so swollen. I get so aggravated because he doesn't talk and he can't even tell you where he does hurt. They took him to the ER when it happened and they need to get him to the dentist that he sees regularly to see if they are going to have to do surgery. They did take him to a dentist but he won't cooperate to keep his mouth open to get xrays. His dentist sedates him for his exams and cleanings. So hopefully they will get him in too see him. I guess this dentist is the only one who works with him. Still not happy!

And shock of shock! I did get a phone call from son#2! He is staying less than a mile from here, I would have thought that he could come by BUT guess I should be happy to have at least got a call (WITHOUT ASKING FOR MONEY!)

This sounds like a pretty yucky post but really I'm doing good. Just thought that I would post a bit this morning about what has been going on. I think I will try to get some extra cleaning done today. Really need to shampoo carpets...who knows if I'll get to that today.

Have a great day and I'll be back later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mike.jpg (3.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Karen31; 05-09-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #111  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Me, again...
Bobbi, what a terrible day you had! Sometimes you have to protect yourself and remove yourself from vicious people, even when they don't know what they're doing. The words make YOU feel terrible, and that's what's important!

KarenMO, so sorry that your boy got hurt! You must feel so very frustrated! I hope all is well soon.

Thought this fine, fine thought from Maxine might help:
MAXINE
If you stand on your head, that ol' frown will look just like a smile! Plus, it'll do wonders for boob droop.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday Golden Girls!

BobbiI am so sorry about MIL. Dementia is terrible and cruel. What a great person you are. Many people would just walk away but you have tried to hang in there and honor her as an elder. In this instance, I am glad that you are going to protect yourself from her for a while and not allow her to hurt you.

Karen31I am so sorry about your son. I hope that he recovers quickly.

KarenFl It sounds like you can look forward to a lovely family time this summer.

DonnaI love how you refer to her as "Granny/Mom

ChicpandaNice Post! and so true

GlynneYay for you on getting your walk done! have a good day at work

I woke early to rain and snow here. Darn, I wish I had spread the fertilizer/weed killer on the lawn. I did an hour of aerobics, had my oatmeal and now I will head to work.

Just a little growing older note Last night I was sorting my pills in the pill sorter and I realized that I actually need a larger size box! How can that be possible?!?. To be fair, there are only 2 prescriptions - most of it is supplements, but really! How did this happen? LOL chuckle for the day....
Old 05-09-2011, 02:21 PM   #113  

What? It's Monday again, already?!! I never caught up with my work last week!
So here it is time to "bless" my home again. We went to the gym as usual and now I'm resting so haven't gotten to it yet.

Bobbi/Riemontana - so sorry about the difficulties with your MIL Bobbi. Dementia is very difficult to deal with unless it is the pleasant kind which obviously it isn't in her case. Riemontana, I know what you mean by the med/supplements! I was so sure I would not be one of those people who end up taking lot of medication but it does seem like I'm taking more with the possibility of more on the horizon! With me too it is still mostly supplements but now it's even the doctor telling me to take them....he used to poo-poo them but now it's take fish oil for your triclycerides, take cranberry for your bladder, co-Q 10 for your aches etc. Where will this all end? No, wait, I think I know, don't tell me...LOL I guess it happens to the best of us.

Karen31 - Sorry about your son! Ouch, that does sound painful! With kids it never ends...one way or another they keep you on edge.

Glynne - you are braver than I walking at night! Do be careful!

Sounds like most of you had a nice Mother's Day. I had a great one...heard from all the kids...mostly by text but that's the modern way I guess. One sent me flowers by text and I was happy to get them. Also spoke to him on the phone a few minutes later. We joined another couple for lunch out...I ate carefully except too much dessert carbs so my bs was quite high. But my weight actually dropped which is surprising with eating out (my dhs went up!). Today I'm hoping to do better on my eating for my bs though. My pain has been better the last few days and I've also been getting a little better sleep for which I am very thankful. I do so much better on more sleep!

I gave up on the picture. It won't load and doesn't say why. Hope you all have a good day.

Last edited by maryea; 05-09-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:28 PM   #114  

Morning everyone sunny but cold here. Bobbie for you and im impressed you acted with such restraint. What an awful woman and doesnt deserve you! Karen 31 im so sry your son was hurt. that bus driver should be fired. hope your son heals soon and feels better . i spent a nice day,i received many phone calls,cards, and flowers from my dh. we visited his mom and she's a pill too. she has dementia also but loves picking on her sons and says mean things. we go anyways and try and not get to riled. we also visited our neighbor,shes such a neat person. she just had her 29th great grand child,i said see what you started lol. i had another nsv. im feeling so good lately that i like to test myself to see what i can do. so yesterday i used my walker to get to the steps,then my dh walked in front of me and i hung onto the railings and walked down the steps. my left leg did fine, my right is alittle weaker but i did it. on the way home i walked up the ramp with my walker. makes life easier for my dh. i was really pleased with my self i did it lifes full of sadness and challenges and its how you deal with them that makes charactor. i think we all have that yay for us "GG" hope your days great (((hugs)) rosey
Old 05-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Well, SO’s DD has only been home since yesterday, & already I’m feeling stressed-out. The worst part is, it’s me, not her - she’s been being very sweet & cooperative for the most part. I guess I’m just used to having the house to myself most of the time, or maybe I just don’t like having another female invading my space. Anyway it’s something I’ll have to deal with, & I’m working on it! This stressed-out feeling is making me want to eat, & today, for the first time in a very long time, I ate lunch. Usually I only eat breakfast & dinner. But, I really was actually hungry, & I only ate 2 cheese crackers & 7 bite-sized Frosted Mini-Wheats - less than 150 calories, so I don’t think that was too bad. And, on Saturday I was down 1.5 lbs. (to 146 - Yay!), so I guess I can allow myself a small lunch every now & then.

Gayle, congrats on your loss - almost 2 lbs! Yay! for you! And it's good you're able to walk in daylight now, before work.

Sounds like most of you had a really good Mother’s Day. My brother & I (& my SO) took our mom & her husband out to brunch, & had a nice time. Bobbi, I’m so sorry you had such a bad time with your MIL. I really admire you for trying so hard to be nice to someone so hateful. You really are a good person, but I don’t think anyone would blame you if you never went back!

KarenMO, that’s really awful about your son getting hurt, & I know it must be hard for you being so far away from him. And, at least son #2 did think to call. I really like the pics of you & the girls (& your new avatar). I agree with Donna, that really is a great color on you. And Rosey, I really like your new avatar too - so spring-like. You look pretty in yellow. And congrats on your NSV! You're just doing so great.

KarenFL, sounds like you’ve got a nice visit to look forward to, but I’m surprised they chose July. I know there will be a lot less tourists, & the rates are cheaper, but there’s a reason for that! I always plan my visits to FL for fall or winter, because I remember those FL summers all too well!

Coralee, I really liked your plan for yesterday. Sounds like it would be a good one for everyday! I always like the idea of putting off housework, & reading a book instead.

Rie & Mary, seems like SO & I take an awful lot of pills too (though no prescription ones yet!). I don't know if they do any good, but I'm afraid not to take them!

Well, I better move along - about time to start cooking dinner. I’m planning to have salad - a big one, & spaghetti pizza - just a small (ok, maybe medium) piece. And maybe make a small mac & cheese pizza for SO’s vegetarian DD (the spaghetti has meat in it - I’m using leftovers). Bye y’all.
NCNancy
Old 05-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

My kitties are still having eye problems. I took them back to the vet this afternoon. So far, 1 anti-viral med, 1 bottle of drops, 1 tube of salve, and 1 anti-biotic have all failed + 3 visits to my regular vet and 1 visit to a vet eye doctor. The result of everything is that the problem has moved from 1 eye to both eyes of my male cat and now - to 1 eye of my female cat.

I HATE this!

Lynn
Old 05-09-2011, 07:19 PM   #117  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Another Monday...<grumble>...Oh well, I got through it. Guess that's good enough for now.
I weighed myself on Sunday before we went out. I seem to have lost four pounds over the course of a few weeks. Good. I'll take it. (Yay). I may need to adjust my goal downwards. We'll see. I'm not anywhere near having to do that yet.
Oh, Bobbi! I'm SO sorry that your MIL made such a mess of Mother's Day for you! That is just so grossly unfair! I know how long she has been putting you and your dh through all kinds of craziness, and I had no idea she was still doing it. Well, to you, anyway, if dh has refused to deal with her. It looks like you may have to take that measure yourself sometime soon just to keep your own stress levels manageable. Nobody can say you haven't tried your hardest and done way more than most would be willing to do. I hope this doesn't sound too insensitive, but I swear if I should get that old and nasty, I would hope somebody would have sense enough to shoot me!
Wow, Nancy, those pounds just continue to roll right off you, girl! Fabuloso! You look amazing! Oh, I know how you feel about sharing space. I am really, really close to my youngest daughter - just love her to pieces, but we'd never make it living together, and that's the truth!
Rosey, I'm so, so happy that you're able to get around better now! And you look soooooo terrific! Keep up the good work!
Mary, you and I are on the same wave length when it comes to sleep - I do a lot better when I've slept well, too.
Rie, I just added a calcium & vitamin D supplement to my multi-vitamin this year. Other than that, just the bp meds and the occasional Benadryl (don't tell my doctor!) when I can't sleep for some reason. I have had a hard time taking any medications at all on a regular basis. My mother - Queen Hypochondria - used to swallow down so many pills a day that I swore I never would. But, now I don't have much choice, really. We need what we need, I guess.
Hah, PT, if I stood on my head the "girls" would swing back & forth and likely give me a nosebleed!
So sorry about your son's being hurt, Karen31. Having your child hurt - I don't care how old they are - is just so hard to deal with. Especially when there's nothing you can do to make them feel better. I hope they can keep him out of pain, at least. On a cheerier note, you look great in that blouse, girlfriend! Great color on you!
Oh, Lynn. Darn. Having sick animals is awful, too. Good grief. Hope SOMETHING works...
Russell Stover factory, K3? Oh, MY. My mouth is watering, just reading the words on my screen!
I'm glad you got your walk, in, Gayle! After a weekend with no bike riding and no walking because of the crazy weather around here, I'm really anxious to get back outside and move around some myself, you know?
Chicpanda - putting off housework is one of my favorite passtimes!
Hope you had a nice Mother's Day, Freda!
Well, I've undoubtedly missed folks, but I've done my best for the evening and am yawning as I sit here typing. Hugs to all, and to all a good night!

Z
Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #118  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Evening Everyone!

Gonna make this short - hockey game is on! Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville in 1/4 finals; Canucks are ahead 1 game so am hoping for a win. And know what? I never watch hockey......until the end that is.

Bobbi: I'm so sorry about the behavior of your MIL. It is so difficult, I know. My mom had Alzheimers & her whole personality changed. Good that you were able to restrain yourself. She really doesn't know what she is saying, etc. I hate demintia, etc - it is so unfair!

Karen3: I'm so sorry about what happened to your son! I hope the bus driver got a raking at the very least.

Rosey: Yay for your NSV!

Chicpanda: Isn't housework something that you do when you have absolutely nothing else to do?!

Glynn: Cingrats on the weight loss. Atta girl!

I had a really nice Mother's Day too. I went to the Lions Mother's Day breakfast with a bunch of girlfriends, was lazy all day & then to a bar-b-que at my DD. Perfect!

My "northern" DD went home on Sat. It was great having her here. But I went completely, fully, etc etc way off plan. So now I'm paying for it. My own darn fault! I'm back on track (yet again, I know) today.

It's turned warm & sunny here (for how long? who knows!). So I had Baxter out for a couple of hours walk today.

Everyone have a great night. I'm off to watch Vancouver win (I hope!). TTYL
Old 05-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Again,
Just stopped by for a minute. Lynn, I’m so sorry your kitties are having eye problems! How bad is it? My previous kitty (the one that had feline leukemia, & died a year & a half ago) had slightly cloudy eyes his whole life. But, his eyes had been so bad when he was little, all swollen & glued shut, that we thought he’d be blind, so we didn’t mind a little cloudiness, & he didn’t seem to either. Several times the vet gave us medicine that was supposed to help, but it didn’t work. Hope you manage to find something that does!

Zoe, 4 more pounds! Wow! Talk about pounds rolling off! You’re going to be all trim & slim & gorgeous by bathing suit time! Yay! for you! And, good to know I’m not the only one who has trouble sharing space. By the way, SO’s DD actually called to let me know she wouldn’t be home for dinner - that’s unusual for her. She’s really trying, so that means I really have to, too, since I’m supposed to be the mature one!

Hi! Sherry, I like what you said about housework. Sounds right to me. Hope your team wins!

Ok, I’m outta here. Time for my snack (can’t miss that!).
NCNancy
Old 05-09-2011, 11:13 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hello!

RoseyGreat victory! That is terrific. You are getting so much stronger and it will just keep getting better.

ZoeThe pounds are just falling off you. Good for you.

LynnSorry about your kitties. I hope they get better soon.

NancyI hope things ease up with your houseguest. It is always hard to share space and I know that I value my privacy. You look really terrific.

I know that I am missing people tonight. I am just really tired. Have a lovely evening.
Closed Thread