Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #76  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey, Daisy does NOT look happy! We'll take some of it... send it our way!!! REALLY!!! ♥ ♥
Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning-- Just did my weighin with the wii and I am at 160.9. I moved my ticker down to 161 this morning which is just a 1 pound loss this week but at least a loss. I guess that was to be expected since I have been in such a weird mood this week. But having my slimfast shake this morning and then I'll be jumping on the wii for my workout.

It is already 66 degrees here this morning and we are supposed to get up to 82 today. But have showers predicted for later in the day.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....I know Spring is coming your way cause I learned in school that hot air rises and it's getting hot down here....so hang on it's a coming. Supposed to be almost 90 here today. It was so close last night that at bedtime(12M) I jumped in the pool...wheweeeee...cooled me down fast at 73! About had a heart attack at that point. But now i have an exercise back i like!

Okay figured out this recipe....and when you get 4-6 servings out of one steak that's not only good but cheap.

1 flank steak...pound a little to tenderize. Sprinkle with seasoning. Lay flat and cover with baby spinach leaves and then thin slices of LF mozzarella cheese. Roll up like jelly roll. and tie off every 1 1/2". Cut with string in the middle and lay in baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. Pinwheels even look pretty and taste wonderful.

DS's interview was on Authorscoop.com in 5 minutes alone yesterday.

Another way to know it is hot down here. Gave Dash a bath with regular graden hose yesterday and water stayed warm thru whole thing. Summers you can't drink straight from the tap it is so warm and smelly. With no real freezes the water lines are only buried inches deep.

Am turning into one of those Fl blue headed old ladys. I have 3:30 marked on my calendar for April 26th. Okay folks what is gonna happen at 3:30? Duh??? Hopefully some office will call to remind me of appointment. Now that's sad. Are diapers and drool cups next?

BBL with personals....k3

Last edited by Karen3; 04-08-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #79  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
KarenFL, have I told you lately that I love you? Your humor never fails to brighten my day! And I hope you figure out April 26th. That's my god-daughter's birthday; does that help?????????

Have a funeral to attend this afternoon, if I choose to go. It's actually a memorial service for the father of a friend, a man I met just once, so I'm not really wanting to attend. However, out of respect for my friend..... I have horrors that no one will show up and so it's my responsibility, of course, to make sure that doesn't happen!

Getting warm here, but still no moisture. The WF said maybe this weekend.... somewhere else, most likely!

Nothing to report. Hope you're all well!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #80  

Morning everyone i really must "bless the house" today,ive procrastinated long enuff I was attacked last nite by a handful of gummy bears and should have known better as i made many trips to the ladys rm..sigh you think i'd learn its the sugar,its the sugar its the sugar duh!! the snow is melting but not fast enuff for me.i'll be back later (((hugs)) rosey
Old 04-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #81  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! I didn't go to the gym today. My dh had a doctor's appt and I used that as my excuse to stay home too. Told myself I'd go after he got home with the car (I hate parking the big pickup), but then got busy with other things and decided not to go. So I only went 3 times this week, our first full week of membership.

Even though I stayed home I haven't accomplished much. I couldn't balance an account, finally got it but it took me a while so was stalled on that a long time. Also on my email and doing surveys.
So now I need to get to it.

Rosey - I am still lacking a blessing in the living room and hope to tackle that today. Don't know what's been wrong with me this week! I guess starting back to the gym has wore me out...so tired and achy, but I have been sleeping better recently so no more excuses, esp as before I know it it will be time to bless it again! BTW, your recipes always sound so good...

Karen 3 - your flank steak recipe sounds yummy too! Wow, 90 degrees! Wish it would warm up a little more here but the sun is out today and no rain! Yea!!

Karen 31 - congrats on your continued weightloss! I wish I could get myself to eat better so I can get back down to my sig weight again! Again, I don't know what's wrong with me! So far doing well today.

Well, I need to make a run to the CU so that living room will be put off a little longer.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hey...just had to tell you about my newest exercise. I climb into the pool and rush back and forth in the shallow end. It is still tooo cold to touch bare skin above the suit line. Tried on 2 bathing suits and they have dry rotted over the winter. No elastic to hold up the tops. Another not pretty picture! k3

Last edited by Karen3; 04-08-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #83  

I'm on here more today because I'm tired and have to rest often LOL I think I must be getting old as housework is wearing me out! I ran out to the CU to deposit a check and then to Whole Foods to return one of those discount books. After looking at it I didn't feel I would even get my $15 out of it much less more. I'm thankful they took it back. Then went to Walgreens to get more iCool...I depend on that stuff to help me survive the hot flashes! Picked up three mystery books while I was there.

When I got home I did get the living room "blessed" however very quickly. I didn't think I'd get to it as I was cleaning out the cupboards and decided to go through everything looking for expired items. Found a lot and it took me a while. As I go through things like this I am reminded of how much my life has changed. I found bottles and pacifers belonging to gc that I have kept in case they were here for a visit and needed them. They are all long past those things however I do have a couple new ones who could possibly if they ever visit. I had fructose and Sucanaut from when I was in the Prism program...pre-diabetes. We were told to use these instead of refined sugar at the time. Now they say fructose unless we are eating the actual fruit is not good for us. These products were all way old and any how I now am diabetic so use Splenda and am trying to use it up to try using Stevia or one of the other newer products on the market. I almost never bake and esp not from scratch. Also, I've spent so much money on plastic containers and now I have gone back to glass. Just like the way things look in them. I use the ones that peaches come in, so everything's in the same size jar. Since we love the fruit, they are cheap storage containers. At least the cupboards on one side of my kitchen look nice now. Then I cleaned my bathtub and the sliding door and finally got to the living room. I have to admit I did it very quickly. Now I am pooped!! I'm thinking about asking my dh to take me out to dinner.

Last edited by maryea; 04-08-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #84  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

:0 Hi Everyone - I haven'y been around for a bit. I was away for a week - down in the US (trying to get my accent back! ) Went to Centralia, WA to help my one & only cousin celebrate her 80th birthday. And of course I went shopping at a great outlet mall. Had a great time. I tried to stay OP but it was very difficult so I slipped........no.......slid. I'm back at it now though. Tues weigh-in will tell the tale for sure. I'm evaluating dogs for St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog program on Sat & unfortunately have a funeral to go to. And also have an extra dog for a couple of days while owners are on a short trip. I haven't had a chance to read earlier posts so I will say to those that have lost/met goals & keep on keeping on to those of us that haven't. Everyone do have a great weekend!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good night everyone I sure do look forward to seeing what everyone is doing and celebrating your daily progress with you
Old 04-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #86  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

G'morning! I've been home for the past two days luxuriating in being *sick* (mostly of work, but did have a little sore throat Thursday morning, so took advantage of it). Two nice sunny days in the 50's - not up to your temperatures yet, Karen(s) but hey, sunshine I'll take, and after the winter we've had, 50's feel downright tropical. On Thursday, I had a "personal care day"....bath, pedi, mani, deep conditioned my hair, masqued my face, and then went out and bought myself a few pieces of summer clothing and a few things for DD (twin's mom). Made Chili for supper from Sunday's leftover pork roast - shredded it into a big pot, added a diced red, green & yellow pepper, a big onion, three cans of diced fire-roasted tomatoes, 1 can of tomato paste, and two packets of Ortega chili seasoning along with about a Tbs of chili powder. Mixed all the ingredients together, covered it up, and let that puppy simmer on low heat for a good three hours. Then added 4 cans of red kidney beans and let it simmer for another hour. We ate, and made up six single-sized servings in tupperware and froze them for a time when I'm not up to cooking. Yum-oh! DH picked up some consulting work (at long last) and so I actually had the house to myself, which is an extremely rare occurrence. Glorious. Yesterday, I cleaned some and then went over to DD's - we visited for a bit and then picked DGD up from school and took her AND the twins shopping - she needed a birthday present for her little cousin Gaby (not an actual cousin, but DD's best friend's daughter - they are close enough to be cousins). Well, let me tell you, having those twins in a store with you is quite an energetic experience! One runs one way, the other one runs another way......good thing there were three of us to (try) to keep up with them! Got home in time to make roasted veggies with shrimp for supper, watched a good Netflix movie, and was off to bed at 9:30. Up at 8:30 - SO lovely not to have to jump up in the dark and get ready to drive to work!
I am - tah-dahhhhhh! - still ON PLAN despite that rotten scale report last Sunday. I'm going to just ignore him for a while. (Scales have GOT to be male, as I know that any woman would find a kinder, gentler way to tell you that you haven't lost an ounce, and in fact, have GAINED 1.4 lbs!) Well, it won't happen THIS Sunday. Or at least it had better NOT. I've been so perfect that I can barely stand myself...turning things down when offered, actually looking with disdain on all the junk that people put out in the employee lunch room...if, with all this gargantuan effort, my body DARES not lose a pound or so, I swear I will have to give it a whack or something!
Okay, personals later, but just wanted to check in, see who might be around (looks like most of us are busy, busy, busy lately, eh?) and let y'all know I'm still here!
Have a nice Saturday,

Z
Old 04-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #87  

Good Morning! Just thought that I would pop in and say Hi! Got some things that I need to get done this morning but just had to share our temps with you. I'm really loving this weather!! Maybe I'll start being in a better mood more often!!!
Be back later....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sat. weather.jpg (7.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #88  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

hi to all..........I'm bored to death sitting around waiting to go into town to celebrate dd birthday. They wanted us to meet them at the local VFW club, after supper they want to sing karaoke. Both my grandsons, daughter and sil sings. It's so hard to believe our little girl will be 41, where did the time go.
Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #89  

Hello everyone! Hope you have had a nice day. Sounds like some of you have had nice weather. We had a nice day here. Dh worked in the yard and started getting the gardens ready but no planting yet. Just don't trust the weather yet. Then I talked him in to shopping for new cell phones since this is the last day of our contract and we are switching companies. Costco has some great deals but I like working with the AT&T people better, still saving money is certainly a draw so may go with Costco. There is no activation fee and they give you two accessories...car charger and a case (probably for my dh and I'll buy my own if I want one). But they don't carry iPhone which is really what I wanted, so I'm looking at the Atrix (an Android phone). Should be as good or maybe better, it's just that I so had my heart set on an iPhone. I'm just not comfortable spending so much on phones! And in 20 months I could always change if I still want it. Has anyone had any problems with the phone people at Costco?

Otherwise I haven't done much...haven't even swiffered my kitchen floor yet today. Went through the sock bag (to match up odd socks) and that's about it for the houswork so far. Because we were out running around I didn't get my roast in until about after 5 pm so it will probably be for tomorrow. It's a small tender roast so don't think it will take too long but we may go out to eat. We considered going last night but didn't. Just had leftovers and a frozen entree instead (UGH!). We have a 2fer coupon for Ruby Tuesday and were going to use it tomorrow but could use it tonight and have the roast tomorrow. If there is anything left of the roast after the first meal, I think I'll make some soup with it. Z - your chili sounds good and would probably work with beef roast leftovers too!
Sounds like you got your exercise in with the gc!

Laffalot - sprinkle (more like pour!) some of that will powder dust over my way...I sure need it. So far I've done ok today but it's tonight I'm worrying about.

BTW, I LOVE my newly organized cupboards!! Even though I need new shelf paper, they look so pretty to me, I keep opening them just to look at them! I keep showing them off to my dh who isn't quite as enthusiastic as I. Now I need to do the rest of them as I only did three.

Have a good evening and stay OP....

Last edited by maryea; 04-09-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #90  

Hi Mary--- I have an Iphone and I went through AT&T -- I haven't had any trouble at all with it. I started out with AT&T back in 1995 and it is so hard to look somewhere else. Maybe when my contract runs out I might but so far I'm really happy with what I have. So guess I'm not much help to you huh?

I spent the afternoon going through my closet! The DAV sent a letter to everyone in our neighborhood that they will be coming around on the 15th. So figured it was a good day to do that. Now I have a full size bed that is totally covered with clothes about 3 feet deep!! Now I can really see what I have, what I need and what I want!! Glad that is done. Maybe I will get to my chest of drawers too before they come.

Well, just got done with 40 minutes between the treadmill, gazelle and recumbent bike...need to get in a shower to just get cooled off! We got up to 88 today and it is still 84!! But I'm loving it!!

Back later......
Closed Thread