Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #46  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations, Nancy!!!!

GOAL!!! Good for you!

Karen - you'll get those pesky pounds off on your super Wii!!

Lynn - Love the photos - you both look great!

AKRosey - love love love that punching bag!! So clever.

As for me...went to the Dr for a follow-up physical and my weight was up a few pounds. Too many sweet desserts and I made lasagna over the weekend. Back to reality today. Have missed the gym for 6 days now, but did walk along the beach yesterday until me knee pain got to me. Dr has prescribed some extra strength ibruprofen to see if that helps. I really miss all the walking I used to be able to do.

Back later!

lyn
Old 04-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #47  

Hi everyone..i was so surprized that it is raining today the 1st for this spring. i boxed again this am..my arm muscels are really sore..my dh took the pics that i posted and he was such a goof..we were trying to get the perfect shot lol and that bag was swinging all over and coming back at me just as fast.i laughed till i got tears it deff was a funny momemt. im enjoying a quiet day,dh is off with one of his buddies looking at lowes and home depot and doing guy things.did some scrap booking and leftovers for dinner so im enjoying the "me " time. I'm still having cravings for all sorts of things so i made a sf mocha bean frost (coffee choc flavored smoothie) and it helped some what..ugh i want pie,carrot cake,cheese cake,pizza,homemade bread,lasgna,cold stone apple pie icecream.. geez i want i want iwant..its ahead game i think i'll go punch the bag ((((hugs)))) rosey
Old 04-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #48  

Height: 5'3"

Wow, I'm so happy about all the weightloss!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE who lost weight this week...or who has reached their goal. Nancy, you have done SO well!! Bobbie good for you for maintaining so well. It does seem to be getting a little easier for me too even though I don't have anything to really brag about yet..

Dh and I went to the gym again this am. It was hard for me to get myself out of bed at 7:30 though because I got very little sleep...fell asleep fine, but then woke up a couple hours later, wide awake. Finally got a little more right before I had to get up. I dragged myself there though as my dh wanted to start the stretch class at 8:30 ...it's the one I used to take. It's a great class but my favorite instructor is no longer teaching it. But the gal who is now teaching it is doing very well...she has some moves that are new to me and I just need to adjust. My dh has gone to this class with me a couple times in the past but didn't think he needed it. I thought he did but you know you can only say so much some times. For a while now (even before his accident), he's complained of lower back discomfort esp after he's worked in the yard and sometimes even if he doesn't. The doctor agreed that it is likely muscle pain and encouraged him to take yoga. Since there was no yoga today he decided to take my stretch class and did feel it helped him. He is hard of hearing and can't always hear the instructions but he watches me. So we stretched good for 30 min, then worked out on the bikes 15 min, walked on the treadmill another 15 min. followed by about 15 min. on the weight machines. I begged off a little early as I was exhausted by this time! I think it was mostly my lack of sleep although the stretches are kinda difficult when I'm not used to them and after almost a year, I'm not any more! So adding that to the machines really wore me out, it being only my second time back to the gym. I even drank a green tea energy drink that has helped in the past but not this time. I've been very tired all day but do feel better tonight. I've always been an evening person anyway. Used to work swing.

When I got home I thought I just couldn't do the housework...but I manged to weekly clean half the house. I may do a few little extra things tonight but the rest of the real cleaning will have to wait. I did pull a few weeds when we first got home...just some right in front of the house that were bugging me...it was raining but I was so hot from the gym it felt good to be out there and of course the weeds came up easily. Oh and I did two loads of laundry, but still have to finish them...a good job while watching TV. When I'm sitting in the family room, my machines are right behind me in the garage so I can hear them buzz. Often when I'm in other parts of the house I don't hear them.

So far today I've been OP ...so hope I get through this evening ok. Rosey, I saw a punching bag in the gym and thought of you, so I gave it few punches for you. LOL I have a feeling I'm going to be sore tomorrow too from what I did today. Good idea...punch that bag when you have cravings. Maybe I should get one too, we used to have one but think we gave it away.

Karen 31 - Wow you covered a lot of miles in March!! You go, girl!! Yes, I freeze the Slimfast in the can, then turn it over and remove the bottom to eat. I like it best when it is just slightly mushy, but yet has quite a lot of iciness too. I've tried vanilla, milk chocolate and strawberry, all good but my favorite is still French vanilla. There are some other ideas on the counters thread too that I'm going to try.

That's it for now...

ETA: I looked in the mirror at the gym when doing the stretches and my belly looked SO big! I was embarrassed as I was the biggest around the middle of all the ladies, esp relative to the rest of me. I hope that picture stays in my mind so I'll think of it when tempted to snack too much in the evenings!

Last edited by maryea; 04-04-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 PM   #49  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

I have the day off tomorrow ~ yippee!!

You all have taught me that this is when I need to be here most of all. True confession time here ~ I haven't been very good with my food off and on the past few days. I'll probaby see a gain this week at WW. Well, today is over ~ tomorrow another chance to pick up the pieces and do it right.

Have dentist appointments tomorrow and other errands ~ so the day is pretty much shot. Hoping that on the weekend, I can get some stuff done.

Guess I'll head off to bed now.

Good night my golden sisters.

Take care
Old 04-05-2011, 12:35 AM   #50  

Hi Everyone!! I got lost for awhile. Hope all are well. Been busy at work, but things should slow down a bit soon, I think. I will post more later. Nice to see everyone!!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #51  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Golden girls/sisters

Very unproductive day yesterday. Mostly did nothing. I did get some walking in, didn't eat so well. DH wanted a souther dinner and I made one for a change. Didn't eat a lot, but southern fried anything is still bad. I don't do that often. So, today I have to eat a lot lighter. And get a little more exercise. I still struggle to remember it's a daily thing, and to not beat myself up if I fall for one day. On the whole I eat very healthy and do get my exercise. Today i'm taking my DGD out to lunch and she wants to go to subway. I can find a low cal lunch there with no problem. After, we will go play and get in some extra exercise.

Nancy, Congratulations for reaching goal!

Lynn, Congrats to you too! I'm sure I would be in bed for a week after that. You are amazing!

Gayle, We're human, we make mistakes. What makes us different is, we pick ourself up, dust ourself off, and start over. You are so right. Every day is a new day, a new beginning.

Bunti, good to hear from you again.

Mary, Getting your exercise in is important. House work will always be there, and it will wait for you! And you will get it done in time.

Rosie, Have fun punching that bag! Maybe it would help if you drew a face on it. You could change it from time to time, depending on whom you were mad at right then. Maybe it could be one of those pesky desserts that are tempting you!

Lyn, I hope the Motrin helps your knees. Hard to get enough exercise when you can't walk. have you tried waterexercise?

Karen3, My friend just got a Wii and has been exercising this week. She couldnt' believe how sore she was. And she is just playing right now. It's a great way to have fun and get some exercise in.

Z, How is the weather there? I hope it didn't get as bad as it was supposed to. Or if it did, I hope you were able to work at home

I spoke with my mom last night, in KY. they were really getting slammed with storm warnings. If any of you live down that way I hope everything is ok.

Have a great day all,

Freda
Old 04-05-2011, 09:31 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I posted. Congrats to everyone on their weight losses! Mary, I hope you do well at your ww meeting - mine is tonight, and although I've tried hard this week to stay OP, sometimes their scale just doesn't go agree with me. Hearing about all your different excercise routines is motivating me to step it up. Mostly I just walk at work or on a treadmill, as I'm still involved with HS kids' activities - so my evenings aren't my own. I hope to get to the rec center for a class at least twice this week, and hope to see a difference.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good Morning Ladies.Another 2 pounds gone forever this week - yay. Not feeling very celebratory today, I was up last night with a sick lovebird "Colada".
She crossed the Rainbow Bridge just after 1 am...goodbye little love, fly high and free...go boss around the angels in Heaven, until we meet again.

ps - I think that I would like to stay in my house and pull the covers over my head until all of this hurt and sadness that has been hanging around finally gets bored and moves on!!!

Last edited by Tea Granny; 04-05-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #54  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Tea Granny ~ sorry for the loss of your lovebird ~ hang in there
Old 04-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
I’m not really here, I’m doing housework (well, that’s what I’m supposed to be doing anyway!). Stopped by just to check on everyone.

Maureen, I’m so sorry about your lovebird. I know you’re hurting. I still want to congratulate you on your loss of 2 lbs., even though your other loss overshadows that right now.

Thanks KarenMO & Lyn & Mary & Freda, for your congrats on my reaching goal. Mary, that's a lot of exercise! And, KarenMO - that’s a lot of walking! Lyn, hope your knee gets better so you can get more walking in. That’s the only exercise I actually enjoy.

Bunti & WebWoman, nice to see y’all back.

Rosey, good for you - punching out those cravings. I need to try that!

Hello to everyone else. Now I really am going to do some housework.
NCNancy
Old 04-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #56  

Morning everyone. our rain turned to snow ugh it was snowing so hard our satelite tv went out..yikes,bet it will melt fast tho. not much going on here. i need to "bless my house" but im feeling lazy.there's always tomorrow. my wt dropped another # slow but sure.ttfn and hope your day is great rosey
Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #57  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Yay, Nancy! Great going! You're a hero, girlfriend!
Now, if somebody could just tell me HOW, when I stayed ON PLAN all week long, and got on the scale Sunday and had GAINED 1.4 pounds????????? I am telling myself that it's just water weight, blah, blah, blah, so on and so forth and buck up and just keep on keeping on, etc., but I have to say that it really was a HUGE disappointment after a month of steady 2 pound losses every week. Well, I didn't just give up and go on a binge, but I've got to say that I. Do. NOT. enjoy. This. One. Little. Tiny. Bit.
Oh, Maureen, that's so sad. Sometimes I wonder why we get pets for ourselves, knowing that they probably aren't going to live as long as we do, and we're going to lose them eventually. But pets are just so lovely to come home to - and, well, I'm just sorry about your little birdie friend, and I, too, wish her well on her journey. She's flying free, now with her little angel wings.
Freda, our snow dissipated within a day, and now it's just rainy and gloomy. Supposed to have a sunny day tomorrow, and then rain and gloom for the remainder of the week. No news yet on what the weekend is supposed to look like. I sure would like to get out and do a little walking around.
Did I congratulate you on your marathon, Lynn? If I didn't, consider yourself congratulated! I stand in awe. (Seriously). I think we need to get you a nice blue jersey with a big S on the chest. Or SGG (Super Golden Girl).
Okay, Enuff outta me for now. Have a happy day, y'all!

Z
Old 04-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #58  

Height: 5'3"

Went to my prayer meeting this am and then to the mall for a manicure. I confess I got a one scoop cone at Baskin Robbins, but so far I am still ok with calories and carbs. For breakfast I had a 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 banana and a small apple...kinda strange breakfast for me but it was ok. I ate the apple on the way to the church as I was running late. I don't go to the gym on Tues but I did walk a lot. I walked clear across the church campus and back to my car plus walked around in the mall a bit.

I haven't gotten much done here at home yet. Late last night I cleaned the kitchen counters so it looked nice and clean when I got up this morning. Today all I've done so far is to clean the toilets (2) and do our banking/budgeting. Resting a bit before lunch but then will try and get more done.

Ellabella - sorry about the gain, but it happens to me too and who knows tomorrow you might see a loss. When I first stepped on the scale this morning (first thing after peeing) I was up a pound. I'd been kinda high when I went to bed even though I thought ate well yesterday, so I said ok thats it. Then I bathed and weighed again and was down a pound...right where I was yesterday! So that's what I recorded Figured it was just lots of heavy dirt...LOL

Rosey - sounds like you're a flybaby too! I'm still working on "blessing" my house this week!
Freda - you were right, that housework is still right here waiting for me!

Teagranny - congrats on your weightloss but sorry for your loss.

Well better get to it...have a good day...

Last edited by maryea; 04-05-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #59  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick drive-by hola!

Meeting up with my ex-in-laws in an hour or so for a quick bite. It'll be fun. Our inch of snow went away almost immediately... maybe the weather gods will deign to bestow more at some near point in the future?

Hope you're all well. Sounds like you're all busily counting those nasty little calories. PT/Zoe, the gods have a sense of humor and they're messing with you! You'll lose that wee gain very soon, mark my words.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Had another night of hugh boomers. Pool is full...which means be a delay in swimming as that cooled it back down. Should have done some wash but need to let the water table rest. So spent a quiet day. Did get my new ear molds for aides. Turned the radio down from13 to 6 on volumne. Now have to get used to regular noise again.

Great job all you Losers!

Going watch Bigggest Losers now.....but they can't beat our girls....karen3
Closed Thread