Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #181  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Mary, good picture! It's nice to see pictures!

KarenFL, I walked around with a bag of corn in my britches all afternoon. It's good I live alone!! Anyway, eureka!, I think it helped! Thanks!

Nancy, I hope your part of NC was spared! Let us know that you're okay, please....

Night, all...... I'm pooped!
Old 04-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #182  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

At last ~ I was able to get on here ~ my first several tries this morning, something was happening and the site wouldn't load.

Off to work in a bit. Thank goodness for the weekends (at work) it is (usually) a little slower of a pace. Much needed after the other head spinning crazy busy days we'd had.

Tonight when I get home ~ quick supper and get the last of my stuff together ~ have to have the sleep study again for my C-pap. I am starting into my 3rd year with it and still not sleeping as well as I should. This time they are keeping me all the next day as well ~ trying to figure out about the day time sleepiness. They have tried various sleeping pills and I might as well have taken a tic tac ~ I didn't sleep any better with them than without them.

They have wireless internet, so I am gonna take my laptop there with me. Gotta have my fix Plus I've got some education stuff I have to do online for work and since I am stuck there all day ~ that would be the perfect time to try to get some of that out of the way. They give you some kind of code to be able to use the internet ~ hopefully I will be able to figure out how to do that.

Guess I'd better stop fooling around and finish getting ready for work. I'd rather stay here and play ~ oh well.

Hope you all have a great day.

Take care
Old 04-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #183  

Height: 5'1"

Anyone else have problems getting on here this morning? Wonder what went wrong? Anyway, it's fixed now, before I went into full blown withdrawal. I woke up this morning and looked out the window. Got quite the surprise! The roof on the house across from me was white. I looked again....still white! It's snowing!! NOOOO. It's supposed to snow untill noon and then rain. Yepppe. Nothing much going on today, we have the grand this evening. DGD had her first soccer practice yesterday, it's supposed to be spring.

Mary, your picture is showing up and it's a very pretty one too.

Rie, I think that taking care of yourself gives you the incentive to go out there and do your best, with everything. I have to admit though, that I don't always. Right now I need a manicure, pedicure and I need my hair colored. You'll be a reminder to get those things done. By the way, HI, come join us often.

Lynn, Sorry to hear that you are still feeling bed. After all this time, it's time to head out to the Dr.

Z, You will have so much fun on that new bike. Takeing the kids for bike rides and exploring. I love bike riding. I was looking forward to going soon, but doesn't look like that's going to happen, unless I want to pedal through the snow!

Donna, Glad the ice helped. And I'm sure the cats thought you looked just fine.

Karen3, For some reason my library doesn't carry any of those books by mary Clay. I was looking forward to reading them.

Bunti, Hi, good to hear from you. Sorry you have to work so much. I hope you get more balance soon. Is the over work just a seasonal thing, or is it all the time?

TeaGranny, You can rollerskate? I am so jealous. I've tried so many times and end up falling so much I finally figured it wasn't for me. Quit before I broke a hip. Such good exercise, and fun. Love it!

everyone, make it a good day,

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 04-18-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...Just heard from DD in NC and they are okay. NancyNc are you all okay. Gets scary when the weather radio goes off and the weather channel starts naming your town and the weather fools show up there on tv!

Donna.....Succatash today?

Lynn......Drink water ....drink drink drink

Freda.....Snow? Oh no not allowed. Zoe will go bonkers! Sorry you can't find Mary Clay. I downloaded them on my Kindle.

Gayle....good napping. gee a sleeping pill knocks me out for 2 days. Heck one benadryl does that. I'm a cheap drunk....

I have wanted to do inline skating for years, but at my age new hips don't sound like a plan. It looks like such a blast.

Oppppppppppps off to bridge...running late ....later karen3
Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Morning Golden Girls! I am glad to dash off a post before leaving for work. Couldn't get on earlier.

65 minute aerobics done, good breakfast done. Heavy day at work today with some state auditors in house to check things out.

Donna - I am glad that the frozen veggies work. I don't even bother with other kinds of ice packs any more. I keep a couple of large bags of frozen peas in my fridge that I got on sale and I reuse. Just mark them with a permanent marker as you don't want to eat them later.

Karen3 you crack me up!

TeaGranny- I am so jealous. I would love to roller skate. I used to when I was young. Maybe I will make that one of my summer goals.

Have a great day Ladies!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good Morning! Well it looks like the 18th of December outside the snow started pouring out of the sky at about 5am and we must have 4 inches out there, with no sign of stopping...sigh...oh well we need the water I started rollerskating in January of this year- I had only done it twice since I was a little kid ( once at 15 and once at 29). The first couple of sessions involved slowly moving around the rink while clutching the boards(it's in an old hockey arena) I have fallen and I do wear protective gear, knees, elbows, hands and wrists, plus a helmet when outside. My friend says "fall forward onto the padding, not backward onto your butt"...I'm thinking "you make it sound like I have a choice..." Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Tea Granny; 04-18-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typos
Old 04-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #187  
GmaTo8

Popping in to tell you about the coolest idea for an ice bag, from Dr. Jim Sears of "The Doctors" show. He recommends pouring a small bottle of dishwashing liquid, like Dawn, into a quart size freezer bag, then double-bag it, lie it flat, and freeze. When using, it conforms to the shape of the area you place it on, and doesn't thaw out as fast as ice or peas. My DGD used mine just yesterday, and it works great!

For those that don't know it, we have a new grandson! Holden James was born Wednesday, and I'm in love! Our DD and SIL and the new baby live next door, so I get to see him often.

Have a good week!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #188  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
This is supposed to be a quickie drive-by; however.... I laughed at so many of the posts this morning! You're all feeling pretty perky, aren't you??

Jane, congrats on that new baby! How sweet they are! And thanks for the Dawn tip. I like that idea.

KarenFL, I'm so delighted with your icebag treatment! SamCat let me sleep until almost 9 a.m. this morning. I was without pain and/or twinges last night for the first time in about a year. THANK YOU!! Yes, I'll get some cheapie veggies and keep them for purely medicinal purposes!

Got a phone call from Granny/Mom this morning to remind me to come and take her grocery shopping later today.... "and, by the way, I quit smoking"! OMG, she's 88, has been smoking since she was 18, and she just decided to... QUIT. It's been over a week so far, and she's had terrible cravings, but her stubborn streak is stronger. I am so proud of her!!! Now, if a little old granny can stop a 70 year habit, I can certainly get my weight issues under control. She gave me good genes; now we'll see how much of her won'tpower she gave me! The time for whining and droning and blah, blah, blah is OVER, yes? I feel energized (it's the corn in the pants, maybe??)!

Gotta run! Hope you're all having a great Monday!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:17 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Just a quick check-in. Donna, we’re ok here, the bad storms were east of us. Thanks for your concern. Oh, & you’re definitely welcome for Easter dinner - we eat at 2:00! There will be plenty of food, in fact, there will probably be enough food for all the Golden Girls, so….. y’all just come on over! (Warning - nothing on the menu is low cal. or “healthy”!) And how the heck can you not have ice??!!!

Zoe, I have cut down to only doing family dinners on Easter, 4th of July, & Christmas (we eat out on Thanksgiving), but there’s really no one else to do it. And 3 times a year’s not too bad (plus, it’s a lot easier now, than it was when I still had a job). Maybe the price of gas will go down (we can hope!!), & I can look forward to a visit from you. I’m really sorry about your nephew, I know that must be terribly difficult for your whole family, & especially your sister. I feel so bad for you all. On a lighter note, I do hope you get to enjoy your time off, & that new bike. And, you’re NEVER tedious.

Mary, I really like your new avatar, & you do not, look, like you’re almost 70! And Maureen, roller skating? Wow! (I couldn’t even do that when I was a teenager.)

Lynn, glad you’re home. Hope you feel better. And, Hi! to Everyone Else.

Ok, I am NOT going to stay here any longer, I’ve got WAY too much to get done!

Bye y’all.
NCNancy

Tried to post this at 8:00, but, like Gayle & Freda & Riemontana, couldn’t get on here. What was going on? KarenFL, glad your DD is ok! Freda & Maureen, sorry about the snow. Jane, congratulations on that new grandson! And Donna, congratulations to your Granny/Mom - on quitting smoking! Guess that shows it's never to late to change bad habits. Glad you're feeling better. Well, lots to do - I’m outta here.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #190  

Hi everyone..another beautiful day here,i spent some of it in the sun outside on my deck i did the dishes and made calico beans for dinner. and sorted thru clothes to find something that fits and looks nice as we have a funeral on wednesday,i want to look nice for my friend,and found a new blouse thats antique looking and has lace on it in a color called sea mist,and black dress pants that fit fine,so it was worth the time. one of the side affects of wls is that your hair falls out. and mine has started too yikes im not liking this so have upped my protein,mysister who had the same surg had it happen to her too! i weighed this am and lost again woot woot!! hope you all have agreat evening hugs for all rosey
Old 04-18-2011, 09:39 PM   #191  

Rosey you are doing so great! I am so sorry about your friend. It sounds like you have picked a nice outfit to wear.

Donna - Too cool about granny stopping smoking!

Tea Granny - there is a nice guy in my pool league that skates. He has asked me many times to go with him. Maybe I will have to give it a try this summer.

It was a really tough day at work today and I think tomorrow is going to be worse. I won't have time to drop by in the morning. I have state auditors in my work and they are not being very nice. I will think positive and get through the day tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing your posts tomorrow night. Have a great day.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:10 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to stop by to say..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOE! Hope you're doing something fun today.

Only 4 hours sleep last night, so I'm going to take a nap. Bye y'all.
NCNancy
Old 04-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #193  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Zoe - have a great day
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #194  

Zoe - Happy Birthday. I hope that you have a wonderful day.

I didn't sleep well due to work stress and I woke to almost 6 inches of wet winter/spring snow. I thought, oh no!. But it is actually kind of pretty and it will melt away and make everything green fast.

Have a happy day Golden Girls
Old 04-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #195  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Birthday classy Zoe:
Would you believe it's snowing again and we're going to get 7 inches of the stuff? I'm having DH drive me into my chiropractor appointment rather than take my car out on the icy roads. It was raining when I got up, then turned to heavy snow and it's coming down sideways. Nasty! Freda...did you jinks us with all the snow we're both getting?
Glynne...I take magnesium before bedtime along with a couple other herbal pills. I'm starting this week going to health reach therapy twice a week instead of 3 times a week. All this driving into town is so time consuming and expensive gas wise. I set a record and didn't have a headache for 10 days, then had one last night.
Welcome Montana gal, my dh hunts for big game sometimes in Montana but mostly in Wyoming. One time we pitched our tent right on the montana border and it was so beautiful and peaceful there. Deer all over, much to dh's delight!
Rosey...you are so cute! That v-neck is huge on you, did you forget that you're a much smaller size?
I didn't think this thread was very active because I wasn't getting any email reminders. Something funny must have gone on because I had to sign back in?
Donna, did you catch Dr. Oz yesterday? They had a segment on how long we'll live. He said to substract 15 years to your life if you smoke. Glad your mom is getting off them.
Nancy...I'm having Easter dinner at our house and I don't cook low calories foods either. It only comes around once a year and one day isn't going to mess me up.
Jane...good tip on the homemade soap gel packs. Oh, congrats on the new grand baby. I like the name Holden.
Mary...I like your new picture and you don't look like age 70 is creeping up on you.
I can't go back to the last page threads to see who else posted, I'll lose what I've posted so far. I know someone mentions the Amazing Race, we watch it too and I think that couple are too weird. Pink hair and nose ring, yuck! I'm pulling for the cowboys too!
It's getting close to my appointment, gotta run for now. Catch everyone else tomorrow.
P.S. Who watches dancing with the stars? I think Max and Cristy Alley are a hoot.
Closed Thread