Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Sherry, glad your weather's nice today, & the snow is finally melting.

Zoe, I really like your new avatar pic. I agree with Donna - beautiful! And, Donna, isn’t your avatar new too? You look so little!

Bobbi, hope your headache’s all gone now. I really wish you could shake those darn things for good!

KarenMO, that’s really a rough situation you’re in with your son. So sorry you’re going through all that. I’m sending good thoughts your way, that it will all get worked out soon!

KarenFL, that sweet potato casserole you mentioned sounds yummy! I’ve been thinking about trying to make one using carrots mixed with the potatoes. I don’t think anyone would notice a difference. I’ll let you know when I try it.

Hi! Freda & Gayle & Jane & Everyone Else! Gotta go fix supper now (grilled cheese sandwiches & potato salad). I’ll try to stop by later.
NCNancy
Old 03-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I got this in an email and I thought that it was cute! Be back later to post.

SMART ***

Two businessmen in Florida were sitting down for a break in their soon-to-be new store..

As yet, the store wasn't ready, with only a few shelves set up.
One said to the other, "I bet any minute now some senior is going to walk by, put his face to the window, and ask what we're selling."

No sooner were the words out of his mouth when, sure enough, a curious senior walked to the window, had a peek, and in a soft voice asked, "What are you sellin' here?"

One of the men replied sarcastically, "We're selling ***-holes."

Without skipping a beat, the old timer said, "Must be doing well... Only two left."
Seniors -- don't mess with them!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 PM   #93  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Quick check in...starting the week off right..did exercise yesterday and today. No change in weight due to too many goodies at church yesterday.

Saw the "What People Eat Around the World" - fascinating.

Hope the week goes well for all my GG friends...off to check on the meatloaf!

L
Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #94  

Hi everyone..another sunny day..i had aphone interview from dr todds office..im abit late on my lab work but that becuz while my dh is healing im stuck here..anyways i had a nice conversation as to why im not loosing faster or more,the nurse reassured me that im doing fine,just watch the carbs, she made me feel better..i have this horrible fear of failure after going to such drastic steps..Bobbie sry you had another headache hope its better..zoe you are going to luv retirement..Karen31 am so sry about your son.it must be frustrating and hurtful interesting conversation about what others eat.im going to googel it so i can see what youall are talking about..jess have u heard from your friend who had the surg? hoping your day is going well everyone,stress free and following your food plans..im making meatballs and spaghetti for supper tonite my dh fav i love to spoil him..i'll save a few meatballs and salad for me and he gets the sauce and noodles and salad..im so craving something oeey and gooey like a double choc chip muffin heated in the micro then topped with ice cream and drizzeled with choc suace yup been there ate that no wonder im so round..im drooling on that note ttfn for all rosey
Old 03-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #95  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I haven't yet had time to read all the posts but did skim thru them. I haven't been posting because we went into San Diego for a couple nights and I didn't take my netbook.

We stayed in our timeshare condo and visited our youngest dd, sil and our two gc from there. We had a nice time and it was difficult to leave them last night. We left the condo this am and went to Camp Pendleton for some groceries before coming home to our RV.

Since we got home I have washed a couple loads of clothes and am cooking rice as we are having a quick chicken/veggie stir-fry. Last night we got pizza for the kids so tonight will be healthier.

We leave tomorrow and are now heading home for sure although it will take us a while. I need to get home to do our taxes and we need to do yard work. Also we are still deciding whether to put the rig up for sale or not.
Kinda hate to leave this park as it is very nice...there are ducks and geese running or flying all over, yet it is close to stores, restaurants etc. We have enjoyed walking here.

Books I'm reading...The Lone Star Lonely Hearts Club (mystery) and a study on Christ's Death and Resurrection. The first one is very light reading and the second is very interesting and informative as it goes into much more detail than I've ever read on this subject. Forgot the name and author right now though. I usually have two books going at the same time like this.

Bobbi - I had the 17 Day Diet book sent home so won't get it until I get there. I'm not sure I actually will follow the diet but I always learn something from diet books and I also add to my diet recipe collection.

I'm sorry I can't respond to all the posts but will try to do better when I get home and can be online more. Have a good evening.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #96  
dbh

Hi y'all golden gal girls! I hope to fit in with y'all. I'm from Georgia. I turned 51 Feb. 25, and need to lose about 50#. Damned that Paxil for over 2 years that gave me this over weight, but I have to turn that over.

My downfall is snacks, crunchy/salty snacks - love potato chips, fritos, cheetos, etc. I was wonder if some oven baked potato chips would help my need. I did just purchase a cutter for just this purpose, but am wondering if it would just make my addiction worse.

I really do not eat alot throughout the day. In fact, I eat 5 small meals a day at work and then one in the evening at home. I just cannot eat alot at one sitting, so I think that's a good thing.

I love tomato juice, and try to drink about 8oz every morning to curb my appetite, along with 2oz of mixed nuts, and about 5 wheat crackers with low fat creamed cheese. Morning snack is one of the snack packs of albacore tuna with some crackers, and maybe a string cheese.
Lunch may be something more, like leftovers... a little roast beef with some potatoes and carrots. then an afternoon snack of a string cheese, some wheat crackers and something else.

Does anyone have suggestions for someone who eats 5-6 meals per day?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #97  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Bobbi - thank you for your kind words. I try to do all I can to make this little corner of 3FC as pleasant and useful as I can, and I enjoy it. Having such a good bunch as all of the Age 50+ members is great! I plan to be here a long time!
Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #98  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Tammy....I see a lack of fruits and vegetables through out the day. (tomato juice is good and so is the carrots with your roast.) Are you getting plenty of fiber in? Snacking on veggies instead of crackers would be a better alternative. What kind of plan are you on? If you put a day's worth of food into something like Fitday, you'd get a better idea of what you should be eating. Just a thought. I can tell you have an adorable accent just by the way you post. Again....welcome.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #99  

Hi everyone..look what my dh brought me back from running errands..its so springy and smells devine..what a guy i spent the afternoon cooking,i made mini meatballs(my dh had his in spaghetti) and also made quiche in mimi muffin pans..then froze in portion sizes..no excuse now for eating things that are to many carbs..my house smells like an italian resturant anda flower shop have agreat evening and welcome Tammy,rosey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 172.jpg (28.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by akrosey49; 03-07-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #100  

Tammy - I'm no pro on losing weight since I seem to be losing and gaining the last ten pounds over and over these days, but I did notice that a lot of the things you are eating contain a lot of sodium unless you are eating very low or no sodium versions. Since sodium can make you retain fluid it isn't helpful to weight loss. It's my downfall a lot too. Cheese, crackers, tuna (I think?) nuts, tomato juice...all are usually high in sodium. Just a thought.

BTW, I agree with Bobbi...try and get in more veggies. I know I do better the more vegetables I eat and I don't count corn and potatoes as veggies, I count them as starchy carbs.

Last edited by maryea; 03-07-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..another sunny day..i had aphone interview from dr todds office..im abit late on my lab work but that becuz while my dh is healing im stuck here..anyways i had a nice conversation as to why im not loosing faster or more,the nurse reassured me that im doing fine,just watch the carbs, she made me feel better..i have this horrible fear of failure after going to such drastic steps..Bobbie sry you had another headache hope its better..zoe you are going to luv retirement..Karen31 am so sry about your son.it must be frustrating and hurtful interesting conversation about what others eat.im going to googel it so i can see what youall are talking about..jess have u heard from your friend who had the surg? hoping your day is going well everyone,stress free and following your food plans..im making meatballs and spaghetti for supper tonite my dh fav i love to spoil him..i'll save a few meatballs and salad for me and he gets the sauce and noodles and salad..im so craving something oeey and gooey like a double choc chip muffin heated in the micro then topped with ice cream and drizzeled with choc suace yup been there ate that no wonder im so round..im drooling on that note ttfn for all rosey
Rosey - bless your heart. I think you are doing wonderful. Not sure I could do nearly so well. Can you eat any carbs...I mean like whole grain or can you only eat vegetable and fruit carbs? I love the fact that you love to spoil your hubby cause I'm that way too. I have a good man and still feel so privilegedthat he chose ME to share his life. Good idea to have the meatballs with a salad instead of the spaghetti...not sure I'd have thought of that. I am also drooling over your description of the cooking ...uh, oh...again, you have taught me something to say to myself when tempted...been there, ate that, no wonder I'm so round. I'll try to remember that.

At our dd's house she had a little box of chocolate kisses out ...probably leftover from Christmas. She and her dh eat mostly healthy and have no weight/food issues, so no problem for them. But I sat there staring at the candy and wanting them SO badly! I did eat a few and determined I would stop and buy some when I got to a store. I esp wanted the cherry kind, but so far have not found any. Maybe just a holiday thing? Today I was at the commissary and they didn't have the cherry ones but I was REALLY tempted to buy the regular kind, but I reminded myself all I would do is gulp them all down and then regret it both for my weight and also for my bs. And I managed to get out the door without buying them, thank God! I can't say for sure but I THINK I would have done the same if they had been the cherry ones. Every day's a challenge but I love it it when I do triumph now and then!
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #102  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Started out to be a sunny day, then it got kind of overcast and windy ~ looked like it wanted to rain. Didn't get out and walk or bike ride today. Got to visit with my sister (via phone) while she traveled back home to Kentucky from a visit with family in Ohio. Then, my husband helped me with some stuff on the computer. I am thankful that he knows how to do stuff and can show me. Corbin came over this afternoon and worked on homework. Took him home after and visited a little while with Sara and Maddie. At one point, I had Corbin on one side of me getting a back scratch ~ and Maddie cuddled up on the other side of me ~ I told Sara I was in Grandma heaven Now, checking in with Mom and Dad.

I probably won't have a very good weigh in at WW this week. I haven't been as careful with the journaling and measuring some of the days as I should have been. Oh well, what's done is done. Each new day is another chance to get it right.

Guess I'll get off and head to bed. I remembered to try the better sized font. Hope you all are doing well.

Take care
Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 AM   #103  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Hi everyone, very interesting posts - taken me a while to catch up.

Had a really "odd" day yesterday. Was so sure that I would have lost at least a pound when I did my WI only to find that it was STS!! Was more mad than disappointed as I had been so methodical with my calorie counting all last week. So when I went to an appointment at the surgery and then after waiting 20mins realised that it was today instead, felt I needed a treat. Went off to a lovely restaurant and had a slap up meal including a delicous dessert that had lashings of cream on it! Came away feeling very justified and can now settle down to my healthy eating plan once again.

Last edited by emaline29; 03-08-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #104  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, All....
Emaline, you'll probably lose 2# tomorrow! Often, when I'm really, really, really craving/needing something, if I eat it, then it jars loose the scale. Weird and strange! I do like your saying, Rosey, about "been there, ate that, and that's why I'm round"! Good to keep in mind!!

BTW, I love the flower picture, and you're looking good! Your face is more defined, and your chin line is stronger. I can really tell the changes with you, and I am SO proud of you!

Cold here again (as usual), but no white stuff and no wet stuff from the sky. Poor ailing MamaNature!

Hope you're all well. Later.........

Last edited by jess1; 03-08-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Rosey......Goooie sweets equal potty.....you told us to remind you! bbl k3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-08-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread