Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Today was a Volunteer day for me. I am exhausted (as usual). Not too stiff this morning - mainly my hips.

Hi Karen 3, I am at 146 - 1 more pound to go.

Hi Zoe, did you get any info about the tests you went through?

Hi Bobbi, how is the headache? Gone, I hope.

Everyone, have a great rest of your Wednesday,

Lynn
Old 03-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

I'm H.A.P.P.Y
I feel like I can fly(gesture wide arms)
Far away in heaven(gesture point up)
Across the stary sky(gesture arm circle)
I'm going to heaven by and by( Tada!)

Am 13 all over again....karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-09-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #123  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon,

It's been kind of a stressful few days ~ stuff at work. I knew from a few things that had been said that there were going to be some changes, but I had no idea how many people were going to be affected. Finally found out today. More lay offs (there had been layoffs back in the fall) more people were going to be let go and were being told today. Thankfully I wasn't one of them. It will affect me by a change in my hours. Actually for me, it will be better. I am going to be working now ~ eight hour shifts ~ 10am to 6pm ~ 40 hours a week. It will be every other weekend. So now, I will get to do stuff with the family again. And, I won't have to get up at that terrible hour of 4:30 am, and I won't have the 16 hour shifts back to back with the short night (4 1/2 hours) of sleep on Saturday nights. I feel bad for the people who will lose their jobs. I feel bad too for the people who are left ~ we were already working short a lot of the time ~ sounds like it will be even worse now.

They worry so about patient satisfaction ~ I can't see how that will improve when the nurses are expected to do more with less help.

My new hours start tomorrow morning. I've gotta develop a whole new routine.

Guess I'd better get on the ball ~ lunch to pack, laundry to do.

Hope you all have had a good day.

Take care
Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #124  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Well we made it Travis AFB without any mishaps. I like this base and the fam camp (rv park) is really nice. We stay here every year.

I have been op today at least I think so. We ate at Subways for lunch but we split a 6 incher and I asked for only 1/2 mayo and we each only got one small piece of Jack cheese and lots of veggies. Worst thing was we shared a bag of Cheetos, one of my favorite snacks (I know...bad, bad) and also shared a diet coke. But not bad for eating out. Tonight will be Tilapia and veggies of some kind....I think it will have celery and maybe mushrooms in it plus whatever else I can find.

Usually there are lots of really big rabbits (I call them Jack rabbits but not sure really) in this fam camp, but I noticed last year there were less and so far I haven't seen any. They used to be all over the place.

I got a really bad haircut this month. Just never know what you'll get. I'm thinking about getting it cut again here even though it hasn't been as long as I usually go between cuts. I just can't stand the way I look!

Better get off this computer.....my gigs seem to be going fast this month.
Have a good evening.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #125  

Good morning GG's,

Rain, rain, go away....I'm waiting to see if it works! Not yet....It has been raining for 3 days. I guess it's a little better than snow, but it's very dreary. At least with the snow we got some sun. Been very off my eating plan this week, but i'm back on. How much damage can you do in 4 days? Way too much! I don't like how I feel when I eat unhealthy. I still do it occasionally, reverting back to old habits? Then my body lets me know it's being abused.

Nancy, looks like you have been getting the same weather. At least you can see soem signs of spring. So far, nothing here. I looked out to see if I could see any little green things peaking through the ground and nothing yet.

Gayle, Sorry to hear about the upheval at work. I don't do well with change, but I guess it's something that is always going to be there. I'm glad you are looking at the bright side.

Mary, I got a bad hari cut last summer, just before vacation. it was BAD! Love sisers, they laughed at me all the time I was there. Next time I vowed I would NEVER leave with a bad cut, it would have to be repaired right then.

Lynn, Only one pound to go. I know that will be soon. You are so determined, it an inspiration to us all.

Hey Z, We're still waiting to see what the test results were. Crossing my fingers (and eyes) that they were good.

Karen3, 13 again? Not sure I would want to go back there. But I sure looked and felt better. Maybe if I could have the wisdom (as little as it is) that I have now.

Everyone, have a great day

Sherri, I think it's great that you lost 1 pound. Look at the big picture. Not easy to do, I know. We want results and we want it now! But you will get there. And in the mean time you are eating healthier and your body is getting stronger.

Rosey, Love the flowers. They sure brighten up a room. I would have been tempted to take a broom to that moose. Or maaybe not. They are really big aren't they? Maybe he was just pruning your rose down for you?

Bobbie, How big is your peach tree that you keep inside? Do you actually get peaches? I love peach blossoms in the spring time. And cherry blossoms!

Maureen, Good to know your name. I love getting the spring planting catalogs. Do you have a garden? I have hardly nothing, but I love to look
and dream.

Donna, You're looking pretty good to me! Take a complement and say "thank you". My southern mom taught me that! ha!

Last edited by the slim me; 03-10-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #126  

Morning everyone..im HAPPY becuz my ticker is now accurate ..i guess lo carb helped,i have not had any bread,rice,pasta,or crackers for 3 days now. i do have some fruits and vegies tho and no sugar puddings and yogurt which do have carbs..congrats to all of us for all our hard work and changes to our various food plans the suns shining again today spring is coming i can feel it,cant you? have agreat day everyone rosey
Old 03-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #127  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lynn...
Quote:
Hi Bobbi, how is the headache? Gone, I hope.
nope, funny you should ask. I'm getting really depressed about those d%#* headaches. I'm still getting them almost nightly, but not as severe as before laser treatment. I got out all my medical bills, tallied up how many chiropractor appointments I've gone to (36 treatments), 25 cold laser treatments, 10 health reach sessions(deep massage), 3 medical doctor trips with a dozen cortisone shots and daily exercises. I sent the whole list of things I've done to my general practitioner for some advice of where I should go from here. Nobody has taken x-rays, I think that's the first thing someone should do. I've got the letter ready, will mail it off tomorrow. I'll let ya know.

Freda...
Quote:
Bobbie, How big is your peach tree that you keep inside? Do you actually get peaches? I love peach blossoms in the spring time. And cherry blossoms!
Our DD gave it to us last summer, her ex-hubby gave her a bunch of them free. It's about 8 feet tall, the only directions are to bring it into the garage over winter because they don't do well in the ground during Minnesota winters. Last year her tree had a few peaches on it. Ours is full of blossoms and suppose to be self pollinating. I don't know what we'll do with it once it's too big to fit in the garage. It'll probably croak by then anyway, it was a freebie so no big deal. We have soooooo many fruit trees now in our yard, 4 apple, 2 pear, 1 cherry, 2 apricot and 2 plum. We haven't had pears yet but they are finally big enough where we should get some this year. I've been cooking frozen apples up with fresh grated ginger and prunes for a really yummy topping for our cereal in the mornings, DH loves it. I have to get creative in finding ways to use up the apples. I was just thinking that apple/prune concoction would be good spread over a yellow cake and topped with whipped cream or Cool whip.

Rosey...YeaThat's hard isn't it.
Quote:
Morning everyone..im HAPPY becuz my ticker is now accurate ..i guess lo carb helped,i have not had any bread,rice,pasta,or crackers for 3 days now.

Gosh...I just looked at the time, I shouldn't have started this post...gotta go start supper.
Later Gator!
Old 03-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #128  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Lynn...nope, funny you should ask. I'm getting really depressed about those d%#* headaches. I'm still getting them almost nightly, but not as severe as before laser treatment. I got out all my medical bills, tallied up how many chiropractor appointments I've gone to (36 treatments), 25 cold laser treatments, 10 health reach sessions(deep massage), 3 medical doctor trips with a dozen cortisone shots and daily exercises. I sent the whole list of things I've done to my general practitioner for some advice of where I should go from here. Nobody has taken x-rays, I think that's the first thing someone should do. I've got the letter ready, will mail it off tomorrow. I'll let ya know.
Bobbi,

I can't believe that you have not had x-ray/mri/eeg. You need to get to a new doctor!

Lynn
Old 03-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #129  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone..im HAPPY becuz my ticker is now accurate ..i guess lo carb helped,i have not had any bread,rice,pasta,or crackers for 3 days now. i do have some fruits and vegies tho and no sugar puddings and yogurt which do have carbs..congrats to all of us for all our hard work and changes to our various food plans the suns shining again today spring is coming i can feel it,cant you? have agreat day everyone rosey

Hi Rosey,

I take my blood sugar readings all the time. Different carbs affect me differently. The worst for me are white bread/pasta/rice/potatoes and sugary desserts. Fruit, veggies, yogurt, milk, do not raise my blood sugar readings so much.

I believe that there are "good" carbs and "bad" carbs when it comes to losing weight.

Good for you!

Lynn
Old 03-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #130  

Hi Everyone,

REALLY raining here. The Delaware River (2 blocks from my house) is about to overflow. Luckily, my DD’s B&B and my condo are both up on hills. The floods are close, but do not affect our homes. I drove down there this afternoon – LOTS of TV news trucks taking videos. The river is supposed to crest on Saturday.

My DF and I went into Philly to Penn Museum for the Silk Road exhibit. http://www.penn.museum/silkroad/exhibit_silkroad.php Interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
It's been kind of a stressful few days ~ stuff at work. I knew from a few things that had been said that there were going to be some changes, but I had no idea how many people were going to be affected. Finally found out today. More lay offs (there had been layoffs back in the fall) more people were going to be let go and were being told today. Thankfully I wasn't one of them. It will affect me by a change in my hours. Actually for me, it will be better. I am going to be working now ~ eight hour shifts ~ 10am to 6pm ~ 40 hours a week. It will be every other weekend. So now, I will get to do stuff with the family again. And, I won't have to get up at that terrible hour of 4:30 am, and I won't have the 16 hour shifts back to back with the short night (4 1/2 hours) of sleep on Saturday nights. I feel bad for the people who will lose their jobs. I feel bad too for the people who are left ~ we were already working short a lot of the time ~ sounds like it will be even worse now. They worry so about patient satisfaction ~ I can't see how that will improve when the nurses are expected to do more with less help.
Hi Gayle,
I am sorry about the lay offs. I remember those times when I used to work at ETS. They are TOUGH to get through. However, I am happy to hear about your new and better hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
I have been op today at least I think so. We ate at Subways for lunch but we split a 6 incher and I asked for only 1/2 mayo and we each only got one small piece of Jack cheese and lots of veggies. Worst thing was we shared a bag of Cheetos, one of my favorite snacks (I know...bad, bad) and also shared a diet coke. But not bad for eating out. Tonight will be Tilapia and veggies of some kind....I think it will have celery and maybe mushrooms in it plus whatever else I can find.
Hi Mary,
That lunch doesn’t sound bad to me. I like the idea of sharing stuff – my friends and I do that all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Rain, rain, go away....I'm waiting to see if it works! Not yet....It has been raining for 3 days. I guess it's a little better than snow, but it's very dreary. At least with the snow we got some sun. Been very off my eating plan this week, but i'm back on. How much damage can you do in 4 days? Way too much! I don't like how I feel when I eat unhealthy. I still do it occasionally, reverting back to old habits? Then my body lets me know it's being abused.
Hi Freda,
After falling off the wagon, I drink LOTS of water and eat low-calorie for a couple of days. Most of what you gain is salt & it comes off fast.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #131  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All...
Freda, thank you for not telling me that you bless my heart!! I do appreciate the compliments... just a wee bit hard for me to accept them. I'm trying, though!

Rosey, I can really identify with the bad/good carbs. I basically try (operative word) to stay as far away from starchy carbs as possible and to eat as much as possible the fruit/vegetable carbs. They don't trigger anything, but one bite of the others and I'm off the wagon, under the wheels, and drooling from the left side of my mouth! Yeah, attractive, I know!

Glynne, sorry work is so stressful, but it sounds like your situation has improved! Those long hours are just too hard on these old bodies! We need our rest!!

Bobbi, I agree that it's unconscionable that you haven't had an MRI or other testing! I don't understand anything! Bah on insurance and doctors! In fact, bah, bah!

I'm weak with hunger, so I think I'll go fix that! Later, my lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 03-10-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:23 PM   #132  

Height: 5'3"

We are here at Travis AFB and trying to work out our visits with family...boy, it can be difficult at times to meet up with everyone without hurting anyone's feelings! We will be having "Christmas" with our oldest dd and gs Saturday night but my dh also has two brothers and a sister plus nephews and nieces in this area as well.

Today we were on our own still so we went for a walk (32 min) and then went to the BX and commissary. Stopped at a niece's place of work to chat a few minutes. We had lunch at the base mall ...shared an Asian meal ...I was trying to be good but I ate 1/2 rice, most of the orange chicken and a couple pieces of broccoli and onions from the beef and broccoli, but didn't eat the beef. Thought I did well but that orange chicken as lots of carb I guess cause I realized later I'd gone over by one carb. Before I knew that though I got a one dip ice cream cone so I really went over then!! I have SO much trouble being consistently OP!!

Jess - about the haircut. I washed it today with some really good shampoo and it looked better ...not good...but better so I have decided to live with it until I get home. It will be a month on the 18th so I'll probably get it cut about that time. I usually go 6 weeks but really shouldn't. I REALLY hate getting a bad haircut but fortunately my hair does grow very quickly.

Lynn...did you watch Survivor? I almost cried myself when Russell cried!! Like him or not (and many people didn't but also many did) he made the show very entertaining. Now I guess I will root either for Rob (not usually a favorite for me but he's growing on me cause he's cute and playing well), or Philip who's a really strange annoying character...seems kinda dumb..but you never know.. he may end up making good entertainment. I'm still trying to figure out whether he's just pretending or that's really him the way he's acting...but I have a scary feeling it's really him. Oh, yeah, and Matt's another cutie but think he may be too nice to play this game...well, we'll see.

Saw a couple big rabbits today so there are still some around here, but not nearly as many as there used to be.

I have really enjoyed our trip and if we didn't have a house and yard to take care of and taxes to do, I'd be willing to just keep on going. I would like to get another new mattress for the RV bed though! We got this one a couple years ago but it isn't much more comfortable than the old one. Very disappointed with it! We are still not sure about selling the RV. Despite the high price of diesel, it is still a pretty inexpensive way of traveling esp if my dh wants to stay out for three months at a time. We have talked about even longer if we keep it. But If we do I think we really need to consider getting a condo or small house/small yard situation at home unless we want to full-time which we have considered but I am a little scared to do that with our house value so much lower right now. I'm concerned if we sell and then want to buy another later we might not be able to afford it without a mortgage which I do not want. So many decisions have to be made. But we do enjoy traveling.

Well need to fix dinner....
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! I'm still here just been busy trying to keep up with my workouts and also cleanng house. It is so hard to try to get a routine going but I have made working out with the Wii number 1 on my day and now I have to get everything worked out where I don't end up spending two full days just trying to get housework done.

I did another 6.13 miles today with the Wii. So that makes 46.83 miles so far this month and a total of 218.52 miles for the year so far. I'm still enjoying it and still losing (tomorrow is weigh in for me) I still think I'm going to get the Zumba to have here so when I start getting a little bored or stop losing for a bit I can change things up. Freda, have you got it yet? Do you like it?

Well, kind of tired tonight so I'm not going to try to comment to everyone but know that I'm thinking of you and will try again tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:10 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
[B][FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]
Rosey, I can really identify with the bad/good carbs. I basically try (operative word) to stay as far away from starchy carbs as possible and to eat as much as possible the fruit/vegetable carbs. They don't trigger anything, but one bite of the others and I'm off the wagon, under the wheels, and drooling from the left side of my mouth! Yeah, attractive, I know!
Hi Donna,
I am with you. Starchy carbs and sugary desserts start my cravings. Did you ever read “The Taming of the Chew?” or any of the Carb Addiction books? We are not the only ones with this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Lynn...did you watch Survivor? I almost cried myself when Russell cried!! Like him or not (and many people didn't but also many did) he made the show very entertaining. Now I guess I will root either for Rob (not usually a favorite for me but he's growing on me cause he's cute and playing well), or Philip who's a really strange annoying character...seems kinda dumb..but you never know.. he may end up making good entertainment. I'm still trying to figure out whether he's just pretending or that's really him the way he's acting...but I have a scary feeling it's really him. Oh, yeah, and Matt's another cutie but think he may be too nice to play this game...well, we'll see.
Hi Mary,
I agree – Russell was the most fun to watch – a REAL rascal. Phillip is TOO strange for me. Do you think he really did work for the FBI? Yes, probably need to root for Rob now – or what about that guy in the overalls who got the idol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
I did another 6.13 miles today with the Wii. So that makes 46.83 miles so far this month and a total of 218.52 miles for the year so far. I'm still enjoying it and still losing (tomorrow is weigh in for me) I still think I'm going to get the Zumba to have here so when I start getting a little bored or stop losing for a bit I can change things up. Freda, have you got it yet? Do you like it?
Hi Karen,
CONGRATULATIONS! Upping the exercise REALLY works! Good luck at tomorrow’s weigh in.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:07 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Been sitting here watching the news for the past couple of hours. All that devastation in Japan! And now the worry about Hawaii & the West Coast! Sure hope that turns out to be a false alarm! So, I guess I’ll be glued to the TV for the next few hours. Sure hope our G.G.s in Alaska & British Columbia, & everyone else in harm's way, will be ok! And wondering just what I would, or could, do, if something like that was expected in this area??!!!

Ok, trying to think about something else….. Bobbi, I hate to think of you having to deal with those awful headaches almost daily! Sure wish there was something I could do! I don’t have a lot of faith in doctors, but there must be someone out there who can figure this out & get you some relief! To happier thoughts… All those fruit trees - must be so beautiful when they’re blooming, please post pics! We had to cut down 6 flowering trees (some kind of fruit we couldn’t identify) on our vacant lot, a few years ago, to make room for a rental mobile home. I hated it, but we needed the income. I noticed yesterday, that one of them has grown back to about 10 feet high, & seems to be getting ready to bloom. I sure hope so, because they were just so pretty.

KarenFL, 13 again?! Like Freda, I wouldn’t want to go back there, only I’m sure! Not a good time for me - lots of turmoil! I actually sorta feel like I’m happier with my life now than I ever was before. That’s a good thought, I’ll have to remember it! Oh, & Freda, so sorry you’re not seeing signs of Spring yet, but I’m sure you will, any day now! And, our rain has finally stopped & the sun is out. Yay! Hope your’s has stopped too.

Gayle, sounds like you’re going to enjoy that new work schedule. And you’ll get to sleep late! I’m jealous! Hope it doesn’t take too long to adjust to the new routine.

Rosey, yay! for you on catching up with that ticker. Glad you’re getting some sunshine there. You don’t live near the coast, do you? I’m still worried about that tsunami!!

Donna, I have a problem taking compliments too. Especially when people say I’m little (by the way, I forgot to thank you for that, Zoe!). I will always be a “fat girl”, but I’m good with that! I think it makes me appreciate, more, where I’m at now, & keeps me vigilant about maintaining.

Hey Lynn, glad you & your DD live on high ground, & are safe from flooding. I sure hope you’re getting a break from all that rain!

Mary, I think you’re really lucky to get to do all that traveling. I hope my SO & I will be able to do some when he retires (but that’s a long way off, darn!). That’s a tough call on selling the RV. A while back, I saw a couple on TV that had sold their house, & just kept a lot to park their RV on when they weren’t traveling. That way, they lived in the RV year-round. I thought that was a pretty neat idea, but I don’t know if I could do it. I just have so much stuff, that I’m pretty attached to - things from my grandmother & great-grandmother, things I’ve collected, etc., etc…. and, I’m pretty much a homebody. Still, it’s an interesting idea.

KarenMO, I like your new avatar pic. You look pretty in pink! That Wii is doing you good!

Well, I’m going back to watching the Today show & all the tsunami coverage. Be safe everyone!
NCNancy
Closed Thread