Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Just a quick hello to everyone. My internet connection is just so bad I’m not sure it will even let me post this, but I’m going to try. Last night it wouldn’t let me connect at all!

Today I went back to the thrift store that was having the half-price sale, & spent $20. I got 5 shirts for SO, & for me - 2 sweaters, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of pants, a jacket, & a pair of shoes, oh, & 3 books. I think I did pretty good! Now, it’s time to stop shopping, & to spend some time getting rid of all those old clothes that no longer fit! I really need the closet space! (But I just can’t resist bargains!)

It was nice out today, but now I think we’re in for some colder weather. Oh well, it was good to have a little “preview” of spring. Can’t be too much longer now until it’s really here, for ALL of us! This is a picture of my cats “bird watching” at the front door. They love it when I can leave it open.

Fingers crossed, I’m going to try & post this. Hope I can!
NCNancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cats at door 030.jpg (26.5 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Nancyoyo; 03-02-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Love that picture Nancy!! That is so cute! You did great on the bargains today. I guess I need to take some time and go adn check out some of our places around here too.

I didn't get any workout in today (well wii anyway) We started out about 9:15 this morning and took my aunt to the dentist. Once we were out of there it was time for lunch so we went to Bob Evans and ate lunch. I ate too much but it was good. Then over to her kidney Dr. on the other side of town. When we were done there we took her over to drop off papers at the lawyer and then over to pick up a rental car that they finally got ready for her. It was a great day and I loved spending the whole day with her. We got back home about 5:15 this evening. I think I will sit back and drink lots of water tonight and get rid of all the sodium that I had for lunch and watch Survivor.
Our weather here today was beautiful and is supposed to even be nicer tomorrow. But then we are going to get some colder weather with rain this weekend.
Well, everyone have a good night and I'll catch you either later on tonight or tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #33  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - Just stopping by to say "Hi". Nothing new here.......Snowed again today ...oh ..yippee... I'm off to bed early tonight. See you all tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:27 AM   #34  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, a quick Hi here too. We have to meet MIL at the medical clinic for head scans. (She's dizzy all the time)
DH and I went skiing 3 days in a row now, hope that helps bump me off this long plateau I'm on.
Nancy, very beautiful kitties. I like that big blond one on the left with her big fluffy tail.
I haven't done personals for awhile and only scanned the post. I'll have to take the time this afternoon or Friday, all your lives are important to me.......you're all the window to my boring life.
DD has been on our minds since she married a jerk a couple of years ago...she had divorce papers served on him yesterday. Now we have that worry, how she's going to survive if he takes all the stuff he bought with him. She's doing an online divorce, don't know how that's going to work but she doesn't have the money for a lawyer.
I gotta get ready......you all have a great day.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #35  
GmaTo8

Written in size 4 font for people like me who need it!

Lynn - thank you. One reason I don't post here more often is because the group is so big, and it's hard to comment to each of you. Don't like to leave anyone out. I have to do only a few this morning, though.

Bobbi - we went through the same thing with my older DD, and it was rough, but we all got through it. It's hardest on the children, but they are tough, too. I'll keep your DD in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary - sorry about the problems with your son.

A big hello to anyone reading this.

Last edited by Jane; 03-03-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:02 AM   #36  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

I’ve been having problems with getting the right size font into my post. I was doing 4 (as Jane noted) but it seemed TOO big. Maybe not. This last time, I think I ended up with a 2, which isn’t the slightest bit optimum. I think I’ll give 3 a try this time and see what that looks like.
Okay, PT, where ARE you? It’s not like you to miss checking in. Please do so ASAP so I can stop worrying!
Bobbi, do you absolutely and totally, and pinky swear PROMISE that X-country skiing isn’t too difficult? You’ve got me interested, but I also realize that what might be a breeze to someone else (you) might just have me flopping over with a heart attack or something. Well, maybe it’s too late to pursue this year, but if you think it’s something an old thing like me could do without paralyzing herself or something, I’m game for next winter. (I feel that I need to find SOMETHING enjoyable about winter since I’m not about to move away from my kiddos and grandbabies). Sorry about your DD, too. My oldest was divorced @ 10 years ago – not too long after I was, actually – and she has since remarried and is doing just great. I hope the same goes for your DD.
Karen31, it’s so nice to hear about you doing things for/with your aunt, and even enjoying yourself doing it! So many people do for elders because they have no choice in the matter, and there isn’t a whole lot of enjoyment in it at all. You’re aunt is one of the lucky ones. (Donna does her share of elder support services, too...oh, Lordie...and Bobbi...probably some others of us, too. I'm the oldest female in my line - the matriarch. Oh, except my sister. But I'm the oldest in my direct blood line.)
Oh, nice kit-kats, Nancy! We have 3 as well. Oh, nice haul at the thrift shop! There’s a pair of pants on Ebay that I love – a pair of Eileen Fisher crop pants with a wide leg, black woolen knit – that they want @ $150 for. Department store price is 2 or 3 times that much. Naturally I have no intention of buying them, but it just makes me so mad – most likely they were made by some stitcher in Nicaragua or someplace like that, who made about ten cents an hour, you know? And the fabric…well, I mean how much could a couple of yards of wholesale fabric be, anyway? More mark-ups in the thousands over what it cost to manufacture? I swear, clothes, just like everything else these days, are such a rip-off! After our conversations here, I’m even more determined to find some more consignment shops, and even sew my own when I can’t find what I’m looking for at a reasonable price.
Gayle, you are simply too kind. I sort of fool myself, you know, by purposely avoiding full-length mirrors, and when I do look in them, I’m careful about the angle that I’m looking at. I also wear a lot of lagenlook (layered) clothes that tend to drape past my middle, which is my biggest problem. That and the “girls” who just become far too generous and well beyond voluptuousness, even, when I gain a few pounds. They have always been bigger than I’d like, but when I’m heavier, they just get ridiculous. So I don’t think that you’re “Jabba the Hut”, but I sure do feel pretty whale-like these days. The good thing, of course, is that I disgusted myself enough to get serious about getting back into shape.
Okay, I’m going to get back to work, now…can’t say hey to everybody, but you know I love all of my Golden sisters!

Z
Old 03-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #37  

Hi everyone. Quick flyby. Love to see the posts, but dealing with slow internet and cold weather/high winds.(maybe a connection between the two?)

Rocky's (DH) flu went into pneumonia, so he feels quite punky, Ray and I seem to be working through this flu. I will try to work for awhile today...wearing a mask so I am not typhoid Mary!!

Ray and Rocky informed me last night that if I fed them any more chicken soup, they was gonna start clucking. I made a huge pot on Saturday, and haven't felt like cooking, and with this flu/cold it seemed like the perfect thing. I informed them that they could cook anything they liked, but I had put soup on the table, and thats what we were having for dinner tonight. (with a caesar salad and bread, not a puny meal) . (You can tell I am a little testy) Upshot, Ray is making dinner tonight.

Hugs to all, and hope all are well, will write more later.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #38  

Morning everyone..i was up early and had coffee watching the birds with daisy on my lap she likes them too! dh is bored bored bored but not well enuff for his usual activities and to top it off his puter has a virus and the fix it guy cant come till sunday ive got halibut thawing for dinner tonight and made 3 bean salad. my house needs blessing again and here i sit watching price is right and plunking on my puter..im feeling lazy and after all theres always tomorrow..i have body issues too! im like a deflated balloon and have lots of sagging places and lots of ugly scars from past surg and those burns not a pretty site.all that and thats why a bathing suit terrifies me. by the way lyn thankyou for the exercise site i found it very helpful.well all my "GG"sisters have a great day,i'll be back rosey
Old 03-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #39  
GmaTo8

Just a note to say "3" is regular size font and that's the default size. Some different font styles, though, decrease the size as well. Thank you for using the larger one, Zoe and others. Although I am not diabetic, I have asteroid hyalosis in my eyes and have lots of floaties and weakness as a result.

Last edited by Jane; 03-03-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hello Everyone,

My DF from NC came to visit today. (For the old timers - Serenity). Tomorrow we are going to the gym in the morning for an arthritis swim class and then to scrapping.

We will be running around all weekend.

In case I don't get back here, have a GREAT weekend,

Lynn
Old 03-03-2011, 06:05 PM   #41  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Had quite a good day today.
Decided to go out to lunch and had my usual roast chicken, peas, carrots and mash potato, really delicous. Then went to Tesco to do some shopping and bumped into my brother. Had a very quick few words with him - he's always in a rush, why? heavens only knows!! - Then when I got home my youngest sister phone and had a good hours natter with her, she always tells me something new about "How to" on my computer.
So am at peace with the world tonight and look forward to another day tomorrow and hope it will be a bit warmer than today - 2degrees - brrr!

Have a happy day everybody....
Old 03-03-2011, 07:22 PM   #42  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi Everyone - Just stopping by to say "hello". I didn't know you could get a divorce online. Where was that when I got my divorce, eh? It's hard to watch your kids go through it though-been there too. Bunti & Rosey - sorry about your hubby's pneumonia & boredom. Hope all is bettter soon. Went out for dinner last night & stayed OP & again breakie this am & stayed OP. Going to have a stuffed pepper & veggies for dinner. I better see something good at weigh in on Tues! Last week no change but better than gaining, right? Otherwise nothing new here......waiting & wishing for SPRING!! Snowed AGAIN yesterday - stop already!! I love reading everyones posts & being caught up on the happenings. So happy I'm making new friends here. :dance" Catch you all later.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #43  

Hey G.G.s,
Internet seems to be working good today, so maybe I’ll be able to make a longer post. Stayed at home today, & actually made a start on cleaning out my closet! I took out 5 large bags of clothes that I’m giving away, but that still doesn’t seem to have created much more room. I had everything tucked away pretty good. My SO is always amazed at how I’m able to cram (& hide) so much stuff in so little space.

KarenMO, thanks for the compliment on my cat pic, & my bargain shopping. You really should try it. Maybe I should warn you though - I think it’s addictive! Glad you had a nice time with your aunt, & I think if we didn’t get to enjoy a meal out every now & then, life wouldn’t be any fun at all!

Bobbi, the fluffy-tailed cat is Milky, he’s a boy. The only girl one is Oatmeal, she’s the one with the strange coloring, on the far right. Don’t know where she got that coloring - we think maybe her daddy was a possum! The gray striped one in the middle is Sax, he belongs to SO’s DD, but lives here. Sorry your DD is having to go through a divorce, that can be pretty bad. But, I’m sure she’ll be better off in the long run. I know I was, both times!

Zoe, you’re going to have to quit putting yourself down, about your appearance! Most of us have issues with that, & you know you wouldn’t let us talk or think about ourselves that way! So just stop it right now! Motivation’s good, but I don’t think that’s the right kind. Anyway, this weight-loss/getting-in-shape thing is supposed to be for our health & well being, right?!

Speaking of health & being well, Bunti, I sure hope your household is soon doing better. Sounds like you all have been having a rough time! I always want chicken soup when I’m sick, & I sure don’t mean that stuff in the can! Usually, at the start of winter, I fix a big pot, & freeze a few individual bowls of it, in case I get sick & don’t feel like cooking any. So far we’ve been lucky, & all four bowls I froze this year, are still there. Guess I’ll have to thaw it & have chicken soup for supper sometime soon.

Rosey, I definitely share your attitude about housework! I was just thinking the same thing this morning, as I sat drinking my coffee, while watching the birds at the bird feeder - that there was nothing that just had to be done RIGHT NOW. I keep trying to think like a cat. They seem to be happy as long as they have food & water, & a warm place to sleep. Of course, every now & then, I have to shake myself out of it & muck the place out. Darn! And, you know we ALL have scars & saggy places! It’s just better to focus on how much healthier we are, & how much more we can do. And on all our “inner beauty”!

Lynn, have fun with your DF, & have a GREAT weekend to you too.

Good to see you, Emaline. Glad you had a good day. Nice to get to talk with family.

Hi! to all you other G.G.s. Now it’s time for my book. I picked up 5 at the library, all by Susan Wittig Albert - the China Bayles series. I read a few recently, & realized there were a lot of them I’d missed, so I’m trying to catch up.
NCNancy
Old 03-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #44  

Hey Sherry,
Guess you & I were posting at the same time. Good for you for staying OP! I'm sure you'll see good results on Tuesday.

NCNancy
Old 03-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #45  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! It was another beautiful day here. We went to the store for a few things we forgot the other day, then came home for a snack before heading to the laundromat. That's the only walk I got...pulling my cart down to the laundromat...a few minutes only. But I have eaten very well today. I forgot to wear my belt and my pants were really loose so maybe that's a good sign, however that is not where I need to lose it.

Dr Phil promoted the 17 Day Diet so I ordered it from Amazon. I happened to have gift cards to cover it so it was free!! Sounded interesting and I hear the recipes are good.

I made a good smoothie and shake today. I'll put them in the recipe when I have more time.

One day at a time...
Closed Thread