Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #16  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Bobbi - Love your X-County photos. I used to ski a lot when we were in upstate NY. We have been out twice here on the Cape this winter..but during the move we can't find our poles. Ended up using old broom handles..which looked a bit strange but did the trick.

Tea - Congratulations on the 2 pound release!!!

Off to make supper..left-over chili and broccoli salad.

Lyn
Old 03-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...mumble mumble...am so dumb...I took the fry pan with Dash's thighs out on the lania to cook and the pan wouldn't heat no matter what either one us tried. So went to older Walmart for new pan and they didn't have one in stock and drove another 17 miles to other Walmart. Got home plugged new one in and it doesn't work either. Was the surge suppressor! So now have 2 pans and can cook 14 thighs at once....yeah right....

Pollen is really starting to blow down here. Lania is green. The furniture is tacky and having company Sat. Told Dh I'll clean it Sat am before they get here...only be green again. Did I tell you I believe in dusting bi-annual whether it needs it or not!

Biggest Loser night....

Dh woke up dizzy this am. Checked his BS and it was 79! Combination of SouthBeach eating and portion control fruit. Think i'll write a book.

Hugh front moved thru last night and it poured rain. That's because they fixed the sprinkler system yesterday. Thought it would cool down but it's still in the 80's. Be back to do personals....karen3
Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! I guess I haven't posted since last month!! Things are going pretty good here still. I have decided that since they say the last 10 pounds are the hardest to get rid of--once I get to within 9 pounds of my goal, I'm going to change my goal!! HEHEHE!! Sounded good to me!

My aunt is still waiting on insurance companies and is without a car still. Took her to her regular Dr. yesterday. He wants to see her again in 2 weeks. Tomorrow she has an appointment with her kidney Dr. and I will take her. She feels so bad that she is having to ask for rides. She has an attorney now and hopefully he can get things moving along. When I talked to her tonight she said that her tooth is still bothering her, that was pulled last week, She called them and they want to see her tomorrow morning. She was going to cancel because she doesn't want to be a bother to me! Dog gone it!! I know how miserable those dry sockets are so I told her I would take her to the dentist in the morning. So I think I have her convinced that she needs to go to both Dr.s tomorrow. Of course, she says she will buy us lunch now between Dr. appointments! So guess I will do some extra "jogging in place" tonight while I watch TV since I probably won't have time to get a Wii workout in. before we go and will probably be too tired when we get back home.

We got up to 65 degrees today and it was really nice. I think it is supposed to stay that way until Friday when it drops down in the 40's again with rain. I'm so looking forward to Spring and Summer getting here!

Well, need to get going and get the kithcen cleaned and a load of laundry done.

Hello to everyone!! Things will settle down again and I will get caught up with everyone.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

March is going to be a VERY busy month. In addition to my regular activities, I have my DF from NC coming to visit this week, I begin one of my online classes, and have my cousins’ reunion later in the month.

This morning was my time-training - I did 7 miles on the treadmill in 2 hours, 5 minutes. Next week, I will aim for 8 miles. I walk for 8 minutes at 0 elevation & then for 2 minutes at an elevation of 8. The other day of training is my speed-training. On those days, I walk for 8 minutes at 3.5 and then run for 2 minutes at 5. As soon as it gets warmer, I need to do my training at the park on the hilly paths that will be route of the marathon.

Have a great evening Everyone,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone..i'm here zoe,just taking care of an impatient patient lol..now that hes feeling better he picks his do's and dont's according to his wants and not the dr's and then cant understand why his belly hurts he always marched to the tune of his own drummer so i let him be. he taken such good care of me i'm repaying in my way so making him cookies and serving him his meals in his recliner etc and i get the extra exercise speaking of exercise i need to loose one more 1# befor my ticker reads true bobbie i want to know about those exercises to! hoping you all have agood day,hang in there everyone rosey
Hi Rosey,
Check out this website for wheel chair exercise information - http://www.disabled-world.com/fitnes...-exercises.php
Give your DH a big hug from the Golden Girls. We LOVE the way he takes good care of our Rosie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunti View Post
Ack. Last month it was stomach flu. Now we have a cold/flu virus here. We are all passing it around-- at work, at home. Ugh. Staying home today, maybe tomorrow. Probably a good thing, as it is brrrrrrr cold outside.
At least I don't feel much like eating. However, hubby and son went shopping yesterday because I felt so wretched, they stuck to the shopping list fairly well except--- they bought a dozen donuts/pastries from the bakery. Aaaaghhh. Even though I am not hungry, I know they are there, and have sort of a weird craving.
I told them they have till this evening to either eat them or hide them where I can never find them or they're going into the garbage disposal. (the pastries, not my guys)
Hi Bunti,
Good for you! When I am sick, I am MOST likely to crave carbs. Somehow, salad and meat just don’t appeal to me if I am not feeling good. I also must get that kind of stuff out of my house. If I know it is there, it calls to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I did take a picture of my pretty pink flower that's blooming today, got many more buds coming. The plant sits in the corner of two very large picture windows and get morning and afternoon sun. My computer desk is under the window next to the plant and you can see my beautiful Waterford cut crystal quart jug next to my Waterford cut crystal tumbler. Can you girls see it? Are you impressed? Yeah right, it's a washed out tart cherry juice jug and the tumbler is from Walmart. teehee! I love the jug, all I have to do is fill it twice a day and I have all my water in for the day. 64oz.
Hi Bobbi,
That photo would be a WINNER in my class. She really likes photos with contrast. Good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Popping in to say hello to the GGs! Happy March to you all! It's coming in like a lion where I live, so I'm hoping it goes out like a lamb.
Hi Jane,
So glad you stopped by for a visit. Come by more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Have tomorrow free...going down to the vegie stand. The local tomatoes are in. Need some things from walmart...like pool tablets. Strawberries are in...The festival is this weekend.
Off do a nancync and curl up with my new Dana Stabenow. A Kate Shugak mystery.....set in Alaska. Think I've read them all. hugs,karen3
Hi Karen,
I can NOT wait for summer Jersey tomatoes. They taste so good that they spoil me for any others. I LOVE tomato, hard boiled egg, mayo, sandwiches. I can’t wait!
Have you ever read a Kate Atkinson book? I just ordered my first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Hi everyone! We walked for about 40 min this morning, but we had to walk pretty slowly as my dh's leg was aching. I think he has done too much the last couple days. He jogged about 1/2 mile to a convenience store day before yesterday and he thinks he walked a little faster yesterday too. There is so much gravel here and today even with the slow walking he slipped (but did not fall), so I have told him no more jogging unless I am with him. His jogging is slow...I can walk faster so figure I have a chance of catching him and breaking his fall at least.
Hi Mary,
Remind your DH to take a day off between walking days. The muscles need a day to heal from the workout day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffalot View Post
Had a fun weekend. Went for dinner & a play with Crown Jewels on Fri. & on Sun went to watch a dog agility trial. It was colder in the barn than outside! But fun. Went to aquafit & took the dog to the groomer today. He wasn't a happy campter. Have to go to the dentist tomorrow am. YUK! Trying to stay OP with a few slides though. Anyway talk to you all later. Have a great evening.....stay safe & warm.
Hi Laff,
Dog agility trial sounds like fun. Is it kind of like circus tricks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
Hi Nancy, wow, what luck on those jeans! I used to peruse around through thrift stores and find some amazing deals – there was one in town called “Upscale Consignment” and they carried a lot of top designer things that the ruling class in town had maybe worn once and then grown tired of – I got some stuff for pennies on the dollar. I got a DKNY coat that didn’t look like it had ever been worn at all – gorgeous thing – for $8. That baby must’ve sold for $300+ at Nordstroms or some equally status-conscious store where you pay for the labels and nothing more. I’ve always been really resentful of the obvious mark-up on clothes, and when I’ve had the time, I’ve made my own knock-offs. Once I retire, I will do so again. Might even sell some clothes on EBay. I love clothes, but I don’t like being duped into paying twenty times what they’re worth.
Hi Lynn, what’s up for today? Do you have any new pictures to post? Z
Hi Zoe,
I LOVE consignment shops. I am about 25 minutes from Princeton & there is a REALLY nice one there. We’ve got 4 right around here but they do not get the quality of the stuff in Princeton.
I have been REALLY busy, between my volunteer work for LLS, my training for the ½ marathon, my course, and taking the photos for me course, I haven’t even been able to squeeze in my afternoon nap!
I LOVE it! Will post some new photos tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyoyo View Post
Ok, I really should do something besides sitting here & typing to you all, all day! Housework & laundry is calling (Donna, do you actually do windows?! I would, but the darn things just get dirty again.). NCNancy
Hi Nancy,
You made me laugh – I’m with you – NO WINDOWS! MANY years ago when I was in college, I took an anthropology course & learned about a culture where the people lived in dirt-floor huts covered with bull poop. The women spend all day every day either cooking or moving the poop from one side of the hut to the other. All of a sudden it occurred to me that cleaning was pretty much like that. We move the dirt around and then we do it again. After that, cleaning was never enjoyable to me. [NOTE: actually, I never liked it much before that course.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea Granny View Post
Good Morning Golden Sisters! March is off to a good start here today - it isn't snowing, I have a day off and I'm down 2 pounds:
Hi Tea,
GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Good Afternoon GG/sisters,
Yes, I was working all weekend. Would love to have a weekend with no drama, but looks like that is never going to happen. Monday I had to work at Curves in the morning and it was DGD's birthday so we had dinner and cake and ice cream. Yes, I had a small piece of cake (no icing, I don't like it) and no ice cream. DGD decided she wanted a sub for dinner (she's 8, go figure, she thinks they are wonderful) so I got one also. So not too bad. It's still cold as the dickens here, but at least the sun is out today. A little warmer too. I'm getting used to the new SUV, but don't have a clue what most of the buttons do. I'll drag the book and study it as soon as I have a spare moment. Hopefully, before it's worn out. Got the kids again today and get to spend some quality time. I love having them over.
Freda
Hi Freda,
I am so happy you got to spend time with your DGD. One day is a snap. Drink more water than usual and cut back for a day or two & your scale will never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Biggest Loser night....
Hi Karen,
I am watching as I am posting. I just hope Arthur gets to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Hello everyone! I guess I haven't posted since last month!! Things are going pretty good here still. I have decided that since they say the last 10 pounds are the hardest to get rid of--once I get to within 9 pounds of my goal, I'm going to change my goal!! HEHEHE!! Sounded good to me!
Hi Karen,
That is what I did. I stayed at 10 lbs from my goal for 3 years. Funny thing was that once I changed my goal and declared myself “at goal,” I started losing again. Don’t ask me why – I don’t have a clue.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:55 PM   #20  

Hello everyone! I was just messing around and thought that I would check and see how many miles I have "ran" with my wii since I started. I really didn't start keeping track until January 13th and to date I have gone 177.43 miles! There is a thread on 3fc that is "1,000 miles in '11" so signed up tonight. I think it will be kind of fun to add another goal.

Well, I just thought that was kind of neat and wanted to share with you. Be back tomorrow.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:11 PM   #21  

Height: 5'3"

Bobbie - Cross Country Skiing sounds like very hard work...great exercise, but hard work! I'd love to try it but am sure I couldn't go very far and another problem is that neither of us like being in cold weather. So don't know whether we will ever do it.

Zoe - Yes I have a good life. I don't know how this new financial crisis is going to affect our life but we will take it one step at a time and hope (and pray!) for the best. I really want my dh to be able to fulfill his dreams.

We moved on today and are now in Menefee, CA...think it's about 100 miles from San Diego. We plan on driving in and staying in our timeshare condo for a couple nights from which we will visit our youngest dd. The weather forecast still doesn't seem very good for our trip home so may stay in so cal a little longer...just taking it day by day..so not sure right now.

The son that caused us our financial problems called today to ask to use our home (our stick house) for a few nights while on a business trip. Also wanted to use our car. My dh told him he could stay at the house but there is no car key there. The car also needs a small repair so best not to drive it anyway. Some nerve, huh?!! But he's our kid you know? I just hope he doesn't leave the TV on, all the lights on or leave a mess in the house and cause us more trouble. I love him dearly but he sure needs to grow up and realize how he hurts people. I am not sure how we will survive what he has done to us but am trusting the Lord that we will. Again, we will take it month by month.

It is pretty where we are. They say they get flash floods when it rains a lot. But no rain now and it was sunny and just right today. The spaces are larger and I have good internet here. Hope to start taking a little control of the financial issue tomorrow now that I can make phone calls easier too. I couldn't make a phone call at the last place without walking a ways a way and little privacy.

After we got here we walked about 30 min but my eating was only so-so.

Watching Biggest Loser now, so will check in tomorrow...have a good night.

Last edited by maryea; 03-01-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #22  

Mary, so sorry to hear about your troubles with your son... I can so relate! Ours is still living in the basement and seems to think that we should leave the house unlocked for him if we aren't going to be home!! I just tell him that we have plans and we are leaving at such a time and if he needs anything upstairs he needs to do it before we leave! I really feel guilty sometimes about not wanting him in the house while we aren't here but he has caused this... not me! He has a lot to do to prove himself to me again. And right now I think that "miss thing" in Colorado and her two kids are coming back here at the end of the month-- near as I can tell. I have already told him they WILL NOT be staying here, not even for one night. And then he talked to some friends of his out in Colorado and he has talked them into moving back here too!!! Sure hope he finds a place to put all these people!!!! Oooops! Better get off that soap box huh!!

Hope you have a good night and try to enjoy the rest of your time on your vacation. I know things have got to get better!! I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #23  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning Golden Sisters,

I started out to make a post and didn’t want to lose it again like yesterday, so I’m on the word processor. I think what goes through my mind at the time, is that it will be a short post, so why go to the trouble, then it ends up being longer than I thought it would. I don’t seem to be able to tell things in a short way ~ LOL.

My days haven’t been turning out how I hoped, but not necessarily a bad thing. My DH and Maddie have been taking a walk every afternoon after her nap, and coming over here, then we have been getting on the bicycles and riding. Yesterday we went and took Maddie to the park. So, I have been getting in some extra exercise.

I was hoping that this week at Weight Watchers weigh in, that I would reach my 10% (I am so close). What with the extra exercise and all, but my scale is at 209 and my scale seems to be about a pound higher than theirs. I need it to be 209.2 there. I’m thinking that it is possibly due to what I ate over at my daughter’s house last night. While I took a small portion, it was made with soy sauce and I’m not sure it was the low sodium kind.

It has been a nice week. Got to spend some time with Corbin, Sara and Maddie the last couple days. Then Jason came over last evening. And the sun has been shining. I feel so much better when the sun shines. Wish I could send some of it to Zoe.

Oh and Karen MO ~ you can see in your avatar pic that you have lost weight ~ it is showing in your face

Hoping to check back later ~ the way things have turned out, I haven’t been able to do the personals.

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care
Old 03-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #24  

Help! Who got voted off last night? missed the last few minutes....Larry the car guy had our area on, Wickee Watchee.....and turn back and it was over. later k
Old 03-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #25  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Arthur got voted off. He lost 16 pounds too, but he burned too many bridges, was turned over to the red team and they voted him off.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #26  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Girls/sisters

Busy day, but when are they not. not a lot going on, just the usual busy. Clean, cook, work, try to get some time to play. Need food, so I guess grocery shopping is in the picture somewhere. Did you-all (my southern roots) get your flu shots? Our ID doctor at work said that he had 3 flu patients in the hospital last week. One died and the other 2 were on vents. Seems that the flu is just breaking and it's not good. He said there was still time to get a shot if one hadn't.

Gayle, Good to see you posting. You seem to be enjoying your bike. Don't worry about the weight. If you do what you should, the weight loss will follow. Not always (ok, never) as quickly as we want. Aren't the grand kids fun. And don't forget that taking the kids to the park, and playing with them, is exercise. Every little bit of movement helps.

Karen31, and Mary, We all have kids who don't always make the best choices. Sometimes you just have to get tough and let them make their own mistakes. And face the concequences. Deciding that I am a resource isn't an option. I wouldn't let them go hungry but for the rest, they're on their own.

Lynn, OMG!!! 2 hours on the treadmill? Your leg muscles must be hard as a rock!

Karen, Congratulations on getting DH's BS in control. And without him being too aware.

Bobbi, Love the ski pictures. Wish I was there!

Lyn, We make do with what we have. Broom sticks work. Do you snowshoe too? I would love to learn.

Make it a good day,

Freda
Old 03-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #27  

Thanks Bobbi.....He was such a user/whiner! k
Old 03-02-2011, 10:40 AM   #28  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

At work, sunshine is coming in through my windows, and if I don’t actually get out of my seat and go look outside at the snowbanks, I might be fooled into thinking that Spring is nearly here. Hah! Fat chance of that! Temperatures are supposed to drop into the single digits tonight and not get above 20-something tomorrow. Milder weekend predicted (30’s) so that will be a little better as it’s time again for our monthly field trip with the grandkiddos – this time back to the museum of Science in Boston. We took them last year, but of course there’s way more than you can see in one visit. I hope I can still hobble around after my stress test on Friday morning. It’s at 8:00. They told me I couldn’t eat for 4 hours before the test. That gave me visions of being up at 4:00 AM (not a chance) and glumly surveying the contents of my refrigerator and cupboards and feeling deprived because I couldn’t make myself a snack. Probably not that silly, after all, but it just seemed silly to me since no-one in their right mind (in my opinion, anyway) would be up eating at 4:00 in the morning, so that 4-hour limit just seemed a little off. Then again, I imagine some folks would feed themselves breakfast if they weren’t warned not to, but why not 8 hours before? Okay. I’m belaboring this unnecessarily, I know, but it just seemed weird to me. But I’m weird. So there you go.
I was getting dressed for work this morning – sitting at the foot of my bed putting on panty hose – and glanced over into the mirror over my dresser. What a horrible sight! I looked like a freaking WHALE, all bent over pulling up those stinking pantyhose with a big, rubbery tire around my belly. I swear I could be thrown off the deck of a cruise ship and float safely back to shore on that danged tire! I am SO disgusted with myself, GoldenSis’s ……..somebody please slap me! So this is Day 3 of my healthy eating program. By May 31, I plan on being at the very least, 15 pounds lighter. 20 would be preferable, but I’ll settle for 15 for the time being. My goal is 153, and if things go well, I’ll actually make it to 150, but I’ll be happy if I can hit – and stay at – 153. I know for sure that I can’t stay where I am now. It’s scary.
Gayle, if you could just send me a little warm sunshine – I know I can get a little bit more from Karen3, and maybe even Karen31 has a little to spare – and if I combine every little bit, who knows? I might just manage to have an early spring after all! Congrats, incidentally on being so close to 10% lost…uh…I mean released. Oh, brother, with “released”, I get the image of these poor little pounds getting pushed out the prison door, still in their striped jumpsuits and carrying their meager little belongings in an empty shoebox. Hopefully, they’ll behave themselves this time?
Karen31, your ongoing saga with your son and “Miss Thing” makes me glad I don’t have a liveable basement. And your picture does show a weight loss (oops…release) in your face. Good going!
Mary, if I’ve learned nothing else along the way, I certainly have learned that anything that gets done, gets done one step at a time. We just all keep on keeping on.
Lynn, your philosophy of cleaning makes sense to me. I’m going to give it up for good.
Freda, I’m sure that itsy bitsy bit of cake didn’t have any effect whatsoever. You seem to be maintaining very successfully, and I’m proud of you, Goldensis!
Nancy, I didn’t know you had to clean windows! You mean people actually clean their windows? How? Why? (My dh had BETTER do windows, because I don’t plan on it in this lifetime…)
Okay, much as I love all the rest of my Goldensis’s, work has raised its ugly head and I must actually do some. BBL.

Z
Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #29  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Zoe ~ don't be so hard on yourself (your whale description), but I know how you feel (if you recall my description of myself ~ Jabba the Hut). Why is it that it looks so much worse when we are sitting down? You are wonderful, and strong and amazing. I think of your story of what you did to your ex's clothes and just loved it. You actually did what a lot of us would like to do, but only think it. Hang in there.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #30  

Height: 5'3"

We only walked for 15 min this am because we will be going out and may do quite a bit of walking. Don't want dh to overdue.

We are going to March AF Base today. My dh was stationed there back in the 60s but it is now a reserve base. We are anxious to see how much it has changed. We also lived in a little 2 bedroom house a few miles from the base. We have always wished we had bought that place...could have gotten it for 10K can you imagine?! But at the time we didn't have the money and he had just gotten out of active military and we were a little scared to take on a loan. Hindsight is so much better you know.

It is pretty here...sunny but the air is a tad bit cool to sit out long unless you are directly in the sun perhaps. They have a workout room here..we peeped in but it is such fun to walk outside I'd rather do that.

Zoe - good luck with your getting back on-track. I definitely understand. I am so far op today. Had oatmeal for breakfast but kept it to 1/3 cup oats and 1/3 cup milk (drank part of that) and 1/2 apple. I did put 1/2 t. brown sugar on the oatmeal but it still only came to 237 calories, and 38.2 carb grams. I'm allowed 45 gms a meal so that's good for me. Really want to get my bs back on-track too.

I need to go take my shower before we leave. You all have a good day.
Closed Thread