Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

This week has been tough for my training - 34 miles for the week (10 today).

I've been sitting & watching TV since I got home - need to start packing - I leave for FL tomorrow morning at 6 am.

Nancy, Happy Birthday (better late than never), you look fantastic!

Tea Granny, I am SO SORRY about your son - I will keep him in my prayers.

Mary, I do not have a urinary infection, but it constantly feels like I do. I take Vesicare every day and 2 cranberry tablets/day. I also stopped ALL carbonated drinks. This has taken care of my symptoms for now. I keep my fingers crossed. NOTE: the symptoms are worse when I get tired.

Karen, you are looking GREAT! That WII and you are perfect together!

Shirl, WELCOME! How horrible about your son. Thank God he pulled through.

OK Annie, WELCOME!

Gayle, I hope your hours get better.

All my Golden Girl buddies - Have a GREAT week!
Old 03-19-2011, 07:46 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Beautiful day here today, sunny & 70’s! We were able to get out & enjoy it a little. Had to do a repair in one of our rental mobile homes, leaking faucet, so that kept us inside several hours (we ended up replacing both the faucet & sink). It’s a really good thing my SO is handy & can do most repairs himself (I assist - as in fetch & carry, & clean up!).

I have to tell you about a phone call I got Thursday night, around 11PM. It was from my ex (#2) & his wife. That part wasn’t too surprising, we’ve been divorced about 18 years, & he lives in another state, but he’s kept in touch with me. He even came for a visit a couple of years ago so I could meet his wife, & he could meet my SO. And, he wanted to show her this area, since he lived around here for 6 years when he was married to me. We’re friends on Facebook, & they saw my birthday pic there & wanted to wish me a happy birthday, & they were concerned because I looked so skinny! They were afraid I was sick! I was pleased that they thought I was thin, but a little insulted that they thought it was because I was sick. I talked to my mom about it, & she said it was a natural assumption since I look so different from when they saw me. Well, maybe….?

Maureen, so glad your son is through with the surgery & ok. Bullriding??!!!! Still sending lots of prayers & positive thoughts your way.

Shirl, I’m glad you explained that laundry & trash problem! It’s the cat’s fault! No wonder I have so much - I have THREE cats!

Gayle, congrats on that one pound loss! Yay! Your nighttime post sounded a lot more cheerful than the morning one. Was it the weight loss, the sun, talking to your sister, or that great bargain you got on the dresses (that was pretty amazing, only $1.08 for both!!)? Sounds like you had a pretty great day. KarenMO, good for you on the .4 lb. loss! At least you’re still losing, yay! My weight was the same this week, darn! Still, guess that’s better than gaining. And you & Donna both wore polka dot bikinis?! I remember them, & the song, of course, but sadly, I was never slim enough for a bikini. And, Donna, I guess Bunti did send you some snow. With roofs collapsing from it, she sure didn’t need any more! That’s scary, Bunti!

Rosey, Yay! on your NSV. That's great! You have come so far, so fast! Good for you! You know, that bra size thing you talked about, was a problem for me too. Fortunately, I’ve been finding some new ones at the thrift stores that turned out to be the right size! (I did see one, at one of those stores, that said it was a J cup, but I thought that was a misprint - I didn’t know cup sizes went up that far!)

Bobbi, those migraines must be awful! Like Donna, I still think there might be another cause. Is this the same dr., or a different one? I think you need a second opinion, or third or fourth!

Zoe, thanks for the compliments! Your son’s wedding sounds wonderful, & what a great thing to look forward to! Always nice to have a little extra incentive to stay OP. Hope you get that cold kicked. You’re not always complaining, & even when you do, you’re so “colorful”, it’s quite entertaining! So complain away!

KarenFL, 80’s huh? And getting the pool opened up?! When’s the pool party? And, I want to eat at Monkey Island - that sounds fun! I thought the story on the monkeys being in that area was, that they’re descendants of some that escaped when they were filming Tarzan movies at Silver Springs, many years ago. At least that’s what I always heard. Hadn’t heard about that restaurant though, or that hippo! And the area’s not strange, it’s “interesting”!

Wow Mary, you've been busy! Glad you're feeling better!

Lynn, thanks for the b-day wish & compliment. Hope you have a great trip!

Almost forgot, Welcome OKAnnie! Nice to meet you.

Ok, I’ve been sitting here forever, & I haven’t had supper yet! (I did stop long enough to heat up a couple of burritos for SO.) Bye y’all, gotta eat!
NCNancy
Old 03-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #243  

Before I go eat, I wanted to show you what I looked like when my ex & his wife visited me, 2 years ago. First picture I'd seen of me in quite awhile, & it was a shocker! Had to go out & get a "make-over".

NCNancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before before after copy.jpg (30.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 03-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #244  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening all,

Got caught up with the posts. Wish I had more time to respond to all. It'll have to wait 'till another day.

For now ~

Rosey ~ congratulations on your NSV ~ that is awesome.

NC Nancy ~ you have done a wonderful job with your weight loss ~ you look great.

Tea G ~ glad your son is on the mend.

Lynn ~ have a safe trip tomorrow and a fun time.

More another time.

Take care
Old 03-19-2011, 11:34 PM   #245  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Oh my – so much to catch up on here! Thanks for the gentle (and not so gentle) pushes to get me out of funkville! I did go to the gym yesterday and my DH and I accomplished a lot of stuff around the house today.

Tea – so happy to read that you son is doing better..Bullriding??!! I never would have guessed that one!

Rosey – wonderful NSV!! And Great 3 # loss

Nancy – belated birthday greetings – and you look fantastic. Wow, those photos are so inspiring!

Zoe- the place in the Berkshires looks marvelous…I can just picture a wedding there. And yes, we MA chickies need to stay on track..I'’l do my best!

Lynn – 34 miles this week..you are an inspiration too!

Glynn – Glad you’re feeling in better spirits – Nice to get some new dresses too.

Jess – seems strange to see you posting about wanting snow, but I understand how devastating those fires can be. Here’s wishing you more moisture.

Bobbi – I’ll look for that book. I just finished a true story called “Breaking Night” about a homeless girl who ends up on the streets of NYC as a teenager because her parents are on drugs, but eventually gets into Harvard. (Liz Murray). Talk about overcoming obstacles! Great book.

Sorry I missed some of you..

Well my DH just went to beddy bye and I should do the same.

Cape is warming a bit..some daffodils and crocus poking up from the sandy dirt, but no blooms yet in my front yard. I need to get out and start raking!

Lyn
Old 03-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #246  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Happy First Day of SPRING!
Old 03-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #247  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

FIRST DAY OF SPRING!! YAY!!! Be Back later after church!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #248  

Hey GGs,
Glad to see you back Lyn, & feeling better?! Thanks for the b-day wish & compliment! And thanks to you too, Gayle!

Karens, a happy FIRST DAY OF SPRING to you too! It's about time! Somebody should have told Mother Nature though, because yesterday was much more spring-like. Today it's cloudy & in the 50's, but supposed to be warmer tomorrow. I tried to see the super full moon last night, but it was too cloudy. Did any of y'all see it?

Well, I'm headed for the Chinese buffet restaurant this afternoon. That will be two "pig-out" meals in one week (because of my birthday)! But, I was down a pound & a half this morning, & I'll cut my calories Monday & Tuesday (like I've been doing the last couple of weeks), & it should be ok.

Later,
NCNancy
Old 03-20-2011, 02:22 PM   #249  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's,

Yesterday was DS's birthday. Also his MIL's, so we all went to a shopping outlet/little resort town for some shopping and birthday dinner. It's Frankenmouth MI if any one wants to take a look. One of the restaurants there is famous for it's chicken dinners. So, that's what we had. Worst dinner I've had in a long time. The only redeaming side dish was the coleslaw. We left home at 11 got home at 12 midnight. did I say the rest of them like to shop? But it was fun spending the day with everyone.

Tea, so glad your son is doing ok. Bullriding? Here I was thinking car or bike accident. Teaches me not to jump to conclusions. Got to hand it to the kid though! That would be interesting.

Nancy. Very Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had fun at your dinner. I don't trust myself at those "all you can eat" places. I really don't know when to stop! I can see where someone might be surprised to see how you had changed after the weight loss, but that is a big jump to conclusions too. At least they cared. And the change is awsome!

Z, What a beautiful place to hold a wedding. I know you will have fun. Is it going to be fairly formal or more casual? How are you doing since your fall? Everything ok?

Karen31, I used to reward myself for every 5 lb. of weight I lost too. I have a very nicely filled Pandora bracelet for my efforts. Great incentive. I want you to hurry though, so you can tell us about the Zumba. You are doing so well with the WII. Told you that you just had to find something you enjoyed doing!

Bobbi, and just why did the Dr. think that an X-ray wouldn't help? How would he know without doing one. That is usually what they start with, before they do an MRI. And if I can do Zumba, so can you. I'm not saying I can kick as high as the younger ones, but I do just fine and keep up just as well! If you can ski lady, you can do this too. If you like to dance, go for it!

Lynn, Have fun lady! Do you have cistutis? Probably, no I know it is, spelled wrong. It present with the same symptoms as UTI but much harder to treat. My mom has it and it gets to be a bit much sometimes.

Lyn, Glad to hear that you are up and moving again! Once you get into a slump it's hard to climb out sometimes. That's what we're here for.

Gayle, You are the new shopping Queen for the day! Great bargains.

Rosie, Great accomplishment! One of just many more to come. You will improve every week. Have you started exercising yet? It will just help things along. Even if it's just arm weights it will improve your strength.

Mary, Yes, I did notice the full moon last night and said a pray of thanks that I wasn't working. The crazies really do come out when the moon is full.

Karen, I know when I had some spots removed from my face I did indeed look worst before they got better. But my "spots" were pretty bad. Like dark scabs that I had to wear bandaids over. Didn't last too long though and if that's what it takes to ensure no CA, it was well worth it.

Donna, We've finally got good weather and you're getting snow?

Everyone, have a blessed Sunday

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 03-20-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #250  

Quick fly-by. Glad to see everyone checking in and so much good news.

Mary, the moon was awesome here. It was clear and cold, and the bright bright moon on the snow was spectacular.

Nancy, wow wow wow on the pics. You sure have worked hard and successfully on your "makeover". But you were already attractive, now you look much younger.

Maureen, so glad your son is okay. Praying for a quick and successful recovery. Thank God for no internal injuries. My BIL used to be a calf roper, so we attended rodeos, watching the bull riders always terrified me, so dangerous.

Karens, thanks for the reminder, Happy Spring!! The sun is shining here, and it is above freezing today, wahoo

Zoe, love to see your posts- always makes me smile. Love the wedding location, and it sounds like a lovely time for all. You are gonna be a rockin' grooms mama.

Yay! Rosey, congrats on the weight loss and the wonderful NSV. It'll keep getting better, I know it.

Bobbi, I made the broccoli salad, with some tweaks. (FF mayo, low fat shredded cheddar, chopped apple for 2/3 of the raisins.) Close but, not quite as yummy.

So many Goldens, so little time. Hugs to all, and glad to see folks checking in who haven't for awhile. I know I have missed commenting on many, no intent to, just time and memory limits. Have a terrific Sunday.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #251  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone,
I didn't take this picture of the moon but a friend of mine did. I didn't get to see it since it was too cloudy here. I tried a little after 10:00pm but still too cloudy. Had a good morning at church and then met my aunt and two brothers for lunch at a new Mexican restaurant. I was good and I had one of their 300 calorie chicken salads!! Pat me on the back!!! AND it was good!!
Now it is 79 degrees here and I'm lazy!

Be back later....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Super Moon.jpg (3.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Okay...It's my turn to pitcha whine....This is convoluted and probably will delete instead of posting. 5 years ago at the annual meeting of one local bridge club i was elected to the board in Feb. Beginning of March I got the flu and was in bed 2 weeks. When I returned to bridge and went on the club web page noticed there were new board members...not me. I never said a word and waited until June when the VP says oh did anyone ever tell you what happened? (dah! a little illegal?) I stayed gracious and supported that club. But stayed much more active in another larger club. Last year the 2 clubs merged.

I was asked last month to run for VP and after thinking awhile agreed. The election is this coming week. Until Thursday I was running unopposed for VP...now the woman who masterminded the election 5 years ago has submitted her name to also running as VP. I am not going to pitch a rightous *itch but lordy I sure want to. What's that old saying "fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me."

I have decided to do and say nothing. At least until after the election. Be interested in seeing who is supportive. Guess this will tell real friends from acquaintances. As the kids say what a bummer.

The voting starts tomorrow. hmmmm karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-20-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #253  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

That stinks Karen3 ~ hope it turns out how you want it to.

Freda ~ I can't take credit for the great shopping bargin ~ the credit goes to my husband (the coupon mom in our house).
Old 03-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #254  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Not much to share except I've been eating way too much today. Hope to get back on track tomorrow but i am kinda worried my A1c will be high when I see the doctor. Hopefully he won't take it and will wait until the 31st when we have another scheduled visit. That gives me a TINY bit of time to improve the overall 4 mo number.

I'm starting a new devotional today...about to go read it now in fact.....it's a daily reading up to Easter. Looking forward to it.

Karen 3 - Hope the election works out well for you. Things can really get to be a mess sometimes when dealing with people, can't they?!!

Karen 31 - glad you were "good" at the restaurant. I wish I had been....and what is even worse I notice that when I eat too much I tend to want to keep on eating...I'm trying to eat lightly tonight but I am so hungry I want to eat everything in sight!

Bunti - glad you got a good view of the moon. we forgot all about it but doubt we could have seen it anyway with the cloudy skies we have here.

Freda - are you a nurse...couldn't remember but your remark about the moon made me think maybe you are. LOL I remember when I was working as a nurse, we felt that way. I remember one night shift when there was a full moon. I was just saying to one of the other nurses how considering the moon, it'd been a pretty uneventful night and just then I looked up and saw one lady (patient) coming down the hall naked ...she was looking for her closet. And about then a naked man came out of his room and he was very angry about something...forgot what. Took a while to get them both back in bed. The job was never boring that's for sure!

Lynn - that sounds awful...glad you have found what works for you. I don't normally have UTI symptoms but I have to make frequent restroom visits and have some problem with control so I have considered something like Vesicare (seen the ads) but I think they say not to take it if you have trouble emptying your bladder (I feel I do) and also the pressure in my eyes is pretty high..no dx of glaucoma yet though....and I think that's another contraindication for those type meds. I also just hate to take any more pills. I worry about side effects and interactions. So far I take Avapro for hypertension, Zocor for high cholesterol and Metformin for diabetes. And the doctor is threatening me with Byetta, also for diabetes. Question...does the Vesicare cause your mouth to be dry? I have had that before with some meds and hate it. Also does it affect your blood pressure? Just curious.

Time to go and start my Easter study...then after that plan to watch Amazing Race. Have a good evening, everyone!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #255  

Good Morning GGs,
It seems I can get, & stay, on the internet better, early in the morning. Sometimes in the evening, I can’t connect at all. Frustrating! Problem is, mornings I’m sleepy & just want to climb back in bed! I’ll try to stay awake long enough to catch up with everyone.

Freda, thanks for the b-day wish & compliment! I really did enjoy my dinner, way way too much! I’m so sorry your’s was so bad. Don’t you just hate wasting calories (& money) on something that’s not “great”?! Did you eat it anyway? At least you had a fun day.

Bunti, thank you for the compliment! Do you really think I look younger now? I sorta think I looked younger when my face was fatter. But, I’ll settle for looking older, since I FEEL so much better these days. I’m glad you got to see the full moon, bet that was beautiful. I was so disappointed it was too cloudy here.

KarenMO, Pat-Pat. Good for you for choosing a salad! And you enjoyed it! That’s great! You are really dedicated. If I could do that, I’m sure I’d lose a lot faster, but that’s just not gonna happen. I enjoy my “pig-out” meals far too much!

KarenFL, I thought all of us “wise older women” ( this other “person” is “older” isn’t she?) were supposed to be past all that pettiness. Yeah, right! Guess it never ends. Hope the election turns out the way it should - in your favor of course! We’re all pulling for you!

Gayle, your DH is the “coupon mom” in your household? Aren't you lucky. Does that mean he also likes shopping? I’ve tried & tried to get my SO interested in couponing, but - not happening. And he hates shopping!

Mary, like you, I ate far too much yesterday. Did you at least enjoy it as much as I did? I guess that’s more difficult when you have to worry about your BS levels. And, I didn’t have to deal with about being hungry later, because I was too “stuffed” to even think about food - so I know I ate a whole lot more than you!

Well, that’s all for now. Naptime!
NCNancy
Closed Thread