3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~March Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #196

Hi everyone..another nice day,i notice its lighter out later,meaning our daylight hrs are increasing my dh went back to the dr today hes just not recovering and still has alot of pain. hes scheduled for a catscan on sat and hes had more blood tests.the dr said he should be on the mend by now..sigh it always something isnt it.i'm a cluts to im always dropping or spilling things and once they'er on the floor its abig deal for me to clean or pick up from my wheel chair..a few choice words seems to help gayle we all need to whine..thats one of the neat things about us "GG" we can and we do and the support feels soooo good so whine away.zoe the iodine is a pill but you need a script for it..our dr told my dh we didnt need it as by the time those winds arrive from japan the danger is probably none.but i feel for the folks in japan did u watch the biggest looser,luv that show..guess who has a pair of pink boxing gloves coming yup i do and dh is making me a boxing bag..good exercise,ican do it from my chair and i can get rid of frustrations..i changed mytracker so i hope it shows up as i've lost another 3 # i guess following the protein 1st is working..i made my egg muffins today with red and green peppers onion,mushrooms ham and cheese..even mr fussy eater had one and he loved it..karen 3 hope your face doesnt hurt too much,have fun tonite jess and (((hugs))) for all rosey :wave;

I am enough!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #197

Dang it didnt change(my wgt tracker) so how do you do it? thxs rosey

I am enough!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #198

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi Rosey,

To change your weight tracker, click on "user pc" in the little blue/purple bar across the top of the screen; in column on left side of screen, click on Edit Signature; scroll down to the "Edit Signature" screen. You will see a string of letters/numbers. Toward the end, will be something like lb/368/150/296/. The final number is your current weight. Change that number to your current weight, scroll down to bottom and click on Save Signature.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM   #199

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Today was volunteer day + 5-mile training day. Tomorrow is haircut + 5 miles + income tax + sheppard's pie for dinner at my DD's. Friday is Craft show with my DF and Saturday is packing. I leave EARLY Sunday morning for FL.

Busy, Busy, Busy - I LOVE it.

BTW - all this walking is NOT shaking loose any lbs. I am still hovering between 146 and 147.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting : 03-16-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:36 PM   #200

S/C/G: 310/290/150

Height: 5'4

Default Need help on a healthier journey

Hi Everyone,
I have been reading your posts and want to know if it is okay to post on your forum. Seems like your all very encouraging and helpful to each other. I need to get back to a healthy life by changing my bad stress eating and need a team to journey with. I will be 55 on the 28th and just lost a loving brother on Dec. 18th who would have been 59 on Dec. 22nd. We both agreed to start a healthier life-bless his heart. It is a reality check to me that neither my father, mother or both brothers have made it to the age of 60. I have a sister left that is 57. I work in a Hospital Laboratory and have spent my life helping others and love it-but I need to learn to take care of myself also. I will give much support back to all of you wonderful people also. Thanks for letting me express my concerns. Shirl

Old 03-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #201

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Stopped by to see what was going on, & first I read that Gayle had a really bad day at work yesterday. So sorry Gayle! Hope things are better today. Then I read that Zoe fell down her steps yesterday. Poor Zoe! Thank goodness you didnít break anything. Be careful! Next I read KarenMOís post, & heard about the slimfast disaster. Yikes! I had to check my calendar to reassure myself that yesterday wasnít Friday the 13th. Too bad you had such a mess to clean-up, KarenMO! Finally, Donna, you broke the chain. Nothing terrible seems to have happened to you yesterday. Yay! I was starting to get worried. Hope you had a nice time with your ex-SIL.

Good thing yesterday wasnít jinxed, since it was your laser treatment day, KarenFL. Iím glad that went ok. Congrats on still another win at bridge. And, congrats to you too Rosey, another 3 pounds down! Yay! Good for you! Sure hope the dr. finds out whatís wrong with your DH. Sorry heís still in pain!

Lynn, itís a good thing you love being busy, cause you sure are! Iíd hate it, Iím waaay too lazy! And I can't understand why you're not losing weight like crazy with all that walking!

Thanks Zoe & KarenMO for your compliments on my pic. I took the shamrocks off that sweater (they were just safety-pinned on - told you Iím lazy), & itís going in the bag of clothes for donation.

Hey Shirl! Nice to meet you. You'll like it here. Welcome!

Gotta get outta here, didnít mean to stay this long! I have to get up extra early in the morning because SO has to be at work at 4:30! But, I plan on going right back to bed as soon as heís gone! Night all.
NCNancy
Old 03-16-2011, 09:58 PM   #202
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Hello all,

It was a little bit better today at work. Thank goodness. Still, I feel bad for the nurses ~ they are stretched and stressed to the max. Hopefully it will get better at some point. Thank you all for your listening ears/reading eyes as I vented this morning.

I was gonna try to do personals tonight, but feel like I am fading fast. Still have to pack my lunch and all. I don't like to leave stuff for the morning ~ try to get as much of it as I can ready the night before ~ so the morning is less hectic.

One more day to go, then a day off. I sort of wanted to ride my bike tonight after I got home, but putting up my feet and relaxing won out.

Well, I'd better get the stuff done before I fall asleep in this chair.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 03-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #203

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hey Rosey!! Way to go with the 3 pounds down!! It just makes you feel so good to see the scale move in the right direction!

Welcome Shirl--pull a chair up and join us! I know you will love it here and it won't be long before you feel like you have been with us forever!! Be sure and check in with the GoldenGirls Birthday list too!! We love celebrating birthdays!!

Nancy---yep it was a mess but at least I had the carpet shampooer ready to go--just had to get some water in it and get it started. Of course, now I have a BIG clean spot on the carpet in the hallway so I really do need to do the rest of the carpet---some time!

We got up to 72 degrees today and they are saying maybe even 80 tomorrow! I think Spring is really going to be here now. Tim has been working on stretch of chain link fence across the back of the yard. It had old wooden picket fence that wasn't very sturdy anymore and trying to make it a little more secure so the "girls" don't try to go visiting! Or BIGGER neighborhood dogs come visiting! So that should be finished up tomorrow. Still have to get a lot of concrete that was under an old storage shed --in fact at one time I think it was a chicken house, it has a concrete ramp that led up to the door. But the shed is gone and now we just have to get the rest of the concrete, bricks and blocks cleaned up. It was a pretty yucky mess when we moved in.

Gayle, glad that you had a better day today. Just remember take one day at a time.

Zoe, How are you doing tonight? Have you discovered sore spots that you didn't know you had?

Hello Donna, Sounds like you are having some decent weather out there too. I have a friend that still lives up by Cripple Creek and she says that it is really dry and now she is worried about fires.

Bobbi, did you find anything new about your headaches? They can be so miserable. My Dad had those too...he would lay on the couch and almost be sick with a cold, wet washcloth over his eyes. That is when we kids all knew we didn't make any noise..He would hurt so bad and sometimes all day long.

Gosh, I'm sure I have forgot people but I didn't intend to. Have a good evening.

Karen

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.Ē ~
Old 03-16-2011, 11:56 PM   #204

Hello Everyone! just a quick fly-by it is hectic here.
Rosey! Way to go, wahoo!!! Hope hubby is okay.
Shirl- Welcome, this is a place you can be you, and before you know it you will feel right at home.
KarenMo- Oh, 72 sounds so wonderful. 32 and snowing right now. Gonna go hit the "treat-mill" as Ellie calls it, as soon as I am done posting.
Gayle- Taking care of you is the right thing to do.
Lynn- Glad your loving being busy. I like to be busy too....just not too busy.
Karen3- Glad your treatments are going well. I love the term "sun-kissed cheeks".
Nancy- I was catching up and I was thinking like you, "what is going on with the day?" Zoe's fall, Karen's slimfast, etc. The funny thing I did day before yesterday was put the whole crock-pot into the fridge. Not just the inner liner, but the pot. I was guess it is okay, but I couldn't believe it when I saw it this morning. I had to laugh at myself. DH tells me I need to take some time off.

Donna, Freda, Zoe, Bobbi, Tea and anyone I have missed--hugs and I hope all is well. take care everyone
I will:Journal every bite * Be gentle to myself and my family * Exercise to the best of my ability * Drink at least 8 glasses of water * Focus on colorful veggies, salads, low gycemic fruit, lean proteins and healthy fats * Limit grains * Get up at the same time everyday and get back into routine * Visit 3FC every day, it makes a big difference to my attitude, thanks to the wonderful folks here.

5% goal:met 5/10/2010, re-met 1/13/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 03:48 AM   #205

Hi everyone! I'm home! We decided to come back one day early so we got here Monday afternoon. I think my dh was even more excited to be home than me this time, but after I got settled in I was glad to be here. I have been very busy ever since, unpacking and putting stuff away and trying to catch up with stuff. Just today I finally got our mail from the friend who keeps it for us. She is so nice to do this for us.

I came down with a UTI on Tuesday ...yuck! Very miserable! I have had 3 episodes in the past 12 months! Doctor thinks it is my diabetes. Another reason to get more serious about my diet! I couldn't see my doctor today but I did take in a specimen and am now on an antibiotic. Already beginning to feel better. So glad as it was hard to do everything when I felt so awful. I haven't really gotten back on my housework schedule, but have done just enough to get by until I get caught up with the post-trip stuff.

The good thing is with being so busy, I don't think about eating so much. Think I did well on my carbs today, but may have been a little high on calories. I've been drinking smoothies a lot for breakfast and lunch and they have been very filling. Dinner was a ground beef patty topped with a mushroom and wine sauce. I didn't have my usual amount of veggies (just 4 oz mushrooms) but at least I didn't have any rice although I heated up some leftover fried rice for my dh.

We are getting two more trees removed and another large tree trimmed. We got an estimate yesterday and think we will get one more, but the first one seemed quite fair to me. One of these trees drops leaves on our RV and makes a mess. We just got the roof cleaned, sealed and painted so we want to keep it nice. We still haven't decided for sure about selling it. This was our most expensive winter trip but it was still cheaper than most other ways of travel, so we are having a hard time deciding what to do.

It has rained a lot since we got home, but mostly at night. We missed a big windstorm apparently just before we got home. There were lots of tree branches in the streets and yards we noticed when we drove into our neighborhood. But the grass is still very wet and it is high but we can't mow until it drys out more.

My dh is walking pretty well now so will get back to doing the yardwork. I still worry about him as I can tell he gets off-balance sometimes but he is strong enough to right himself so has not fallen yet, but a couple times I thought he was going to. He also had a dizzy spell in the shower in the condo once when we went into San Diego to visit our dd, so I do worry about him, but he doesn't like me to be over-protective. ;-)

I'm still reading The Darkness and the Dawn and also a mystery but can't remember the name of it. Will tell you later.

It is getting late and I am rambling...and my legs are hurting from sitting.. so won't take time to respond to everyone but I do love reading the posts. I'll try and do better next time. Welcome Tammy...I believe you are new to me. I enjoy reading what you all are eating, reading and doing. :-)
Old 03-17-2011, 09:10 AM   #206

Good Morning GG's,

I'm so excited! It's supposed to be in the high 60's today. Finally, some warmer weather, and no rain expected. I think my daily exercise will be a walk outside. maybe see some neighbors that I haven't seen all winter. I went to Curves for Zoomba last night. it was fun, I sweated like a pig, and I'm a little sore this morning. Feels good to change things up a bit.

Tyme4me, Welcome! I look forward to getting toknow you. Lots of great ladies here and plenty of support. It is time for you, and the time is now. So sorry about the loss of your brother.

Lynn, Off again, busy lady. Have fun!

Lyn, We all have funks! Just stand up, shake it off, and get going!

Gayle, Glad your day was better. It will get better. Those first few days are a mad house, Believe me I know. We're getting ready to start a new program too, and I'll be the one on here complaining!

Mary, Sorry you're not feeling well. Those UTI's are so annoying. and painful. No matter where you rome, there's no place like home. Who ever wrote that was right. Love to visit, love to get home again.

Bunti, I've done things like that too. Fun looking for things when you put them in places they have no reason to be.

Karen31, Don't you just HATE those days when things just won't stay in your hand like they are supposed to?

Nancy, Time to get id of the too big sweater, although it was a pretty color for you.

Rosie, Congrats on the weight loss! Long ago, I knew a lady who had her thyroid removed and took a dropper full of iodine every day. They have gotten much more creative and made pills and other means now. Ah, technology...and money. Hope they get to the bottom of what's going on with DH.

Z, OH NO! Be careful! No more spills. Glad you are ok.

Karen, Soon your face is going to be as smooth and clear as a baby's butt! Worth the little discomfort. Hang in there.

Donna, I'm one of those who have problems saying no to sample. Especially the ones I shouldn't have.

Bobbi, Just bought some of thos Jazz apples yesterday. They are the best ones right now. Apples just aren't great this time of year.

Tea, Aren't computer the worst, when they dont' work well? And cars. and just about anything, I guess.

Sherri, Sorry you didn't get the weight loss, but hang in. It happens to us all.

Freda

Last edited by the slim me : 03-17-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #207

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

My son has had a terrible accident - I have flown to Alberta to be with him. Please pray for him, or send healing light and energy, or light a candle, or whatever your beliefs are. I have my laptop in the hotel, but it doesn't work in the hospital. I will check in once in a while. Bye for now.

"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace" Albert Schweitzer
Old 03-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #208
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Tea Granny ~ so sorry about your son ~ will pray. Keep us posted.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 03-17-2011, 10:20 AM   #209

Tea, So sorry. Prayers coming your way!! Please keep us posted
Old 03-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #210
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, Missy NCNancy!!...........
Happy Birthday to you!!

Tea, please let us know about your son! Thoughts and prayers are flying! I hope all is well. YOU be careful traveling, too!

KarenMO, yes, the dry is a huge fire concern. I think I may have mentioned that we've had < 20" of snow all season (except in the high country, of course) and normally have ~70". There have been several fires in the canyons around Boulder already.

Things to do, people to see, gotta run! Good thoughts, Tea... PT/Zoe, how's your butt? Everyone, later!

Last edited by jess1 : 03-17-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.