Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #91  
Grateful

S/C/G: 262/tracker/175

Height: 5'7"

Jane, I was interested in your final comment about going back to counting calories. What do you hear here from other members of the community re/ WWP+ vs. calories? I was a WW member years ago, even a group leader for three years (oh, my--that seems like a long, impossible time ago!), and I really, really liked the program. This would have been 1985-88. I haven't experienced the program in recent years, though. My memory of it is that it is tough to do if you don't have time/opportunity to cook. Is it more geared toward eating on the go now?

You know, my WW goal weight was 151 in those days. I can't imagine I will ever see 151 again. I would sure like to see 175 again, though! That would look MIGHTY good to me, yes it would. Heck, 200 would look good! LOL
Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #92  
GmaTo8

OKAnnie - I was doing WWP+ at home, so my only reference on how others are doing is the WW boards here. Some members are doing great, while others stalled or gained, and went back to WW Momentum. I don't fault WWs, though, because I truly think this is a plateau brought on by reaching a "comfortable" weight. I was at this weight for several years, and I think my body likes it here. I, however, do not, lol. So I am doing what I can to shake things up a bit, while still following the Healthy Guidelines from WW.

I would say the program is geared both towards eating out, or cooking at home. It focuses on healthy foods, and I personally eat out only once a week, but there are healthy options available at just about every restaurant nowdays. So, part of the beauty of WWs is that a person can stay OP either way, by staying within their allotted points.

Big hello to anyone else reading this!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi All, I'm also doing WW+, and the weight loss definately slows the longer you're with the program, probably due to the fact that the "easy" pounds (water weight, etc) are lost first (Just my take on this, mind you). Honestly, I've been so busy with after-work committments that I haven't been true to the plan, so I can't blame them! Last night I had to hurry home and take my daughter to a college pre-orientation reception an hour away. They had crackers and cheese, meatballs, and fried chicken tenders, and of course I was starving at the time, so I was off plan for the day- and of course this morning the scale showed what all that sodium can do to your numbers. What's worse was that I had to miss my WW meeting because of it, and that weekly weigh-in keeps me motivated. Just hope I can be extra diligant for the next week and see some results. I will resolve to hit the local rec center at least twice this week for a weight work-out class, and maybe that will move the scale in the right direction.
Everyone have a good day - we're getting colder weather in today, with possible snow tomorrow.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #94  
Grateful

S/C/G: 262/tracker/175

Height: 5'7"

Jane and WebWoman - Thanks for the feedback! WebWoman, I remember the importance of those weekly weighins very well. I also remember that I liked the WW scale much better than my own (mine was always higher!). I also know those easy pounds you are talking about. I lost mine last week, so it's going to be tougher and tougher week after week.

Have a great day, everyone!!! If spring hasn't started where you are, it will soon!
Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 AM   #95  

Height: 5'3"

I messed up today...first I read my recipe wrong and put too much macaroni in a dish. I will eat some of the leftovers as I loved the dish (it's a goulash) but can't eat much macaroni due to the carbs. And this was the white stuff not ww...it was some I'd bought on the trip to make a favorite dish for my son and it's hard to find WW macaroni there. But I thought I was being good because instead of counting the dish as 2 servings I counted it as 4...it was huge due to all the pasta...otherwise it was a 2 serving dish. So anyway I took a 4th of it but only ate 1/2 or maybe a teensy bit over 1/2 BUT I also made cornbread (knew my dh would want it with this dish) and I ate 2 pcs...so ended up still with way too many carbs. But my calories were fine, so I was still kinda pleased with myself...that is until I remembered I eaten 1/3 cup peaches and 1 oz cheese this afternoon and forgotten to record it! THIS is why it is best for me to record my food BEFORE I eat it and then look at it before I decide how much to eat!! ( Lesson learned (I hope!) AGAIN!! I keep thinking I've learned these lessons but then I forget again. The only good thing I can say is when I discovered I was over, I didn't start eating as I often doing thinking I've messed up, might as well. Tomorrow I go to the doctor and my weight will likely be up. I've been moving fast around here hoping to burn some it off. LOL
Old 03-24-2011, 08:39 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Don't beat yourself up - we all slip up from time to time. Congrats that you resisted eating more after you slipped up - I've done that many times myself. Remember, if your weight is up at the Doc's, it could just be water weight from the sodium in the Goulash. PS I love cornbread.

good luck!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #97  

Messed up today too. Have sinus cold and all I want is sugar to feed it! I know better,but any food just feels so good going down a itchy throat! Way over calories,carbs and points! The weather is still cold and windy here. Flurries for today and tomorrow. Can't go out to walk with this mess in my head! I so much wanted a good start here, but failed myself miserably so far! I know I can do it, and I will. Just gave myself a good talking to.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick hello today. Been doing a lot of reading. Remembered another site with loads of diabetic info and been reading there plus all the other things going on around here. Learning a lot and getting BS under control.
Hope everyone is doing great.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #99  

Just stopped in to say hi. So far doing fine today with my eating.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #100  

I just discovered this site. There are lots of WW recipes on it. Not all healthy though and I'm sure the points have changed since these were posted.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Weight-Watchers-Recipes
Old 03-27-2011, 12:16 AM   #101  

Quick check-in. Still doing great on WW+. Down about a pound a week, not hungry, feeling good. As long as this lasts, I am more than happy!!

Hope all are doing well.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #102  

Hello everyone! I fixed hamburgers today...they were some pre-seasoned ones...never bought them that way before. Just got two as that's all we ever eat...but these were HUGE patties! They were so fat that I cooked them longer than usual cause I was afraid I wouldn't get them done. We don't like them the least bit pink inside. Well, when I hoped they were done I called my dh and told him my worry about them being so thick and he was concerned too so he cut his in half...and it was not done. Mine was better but we ended up cutting it in half too and cooking them both a little bit more.

My poor man was shaking by the time he got to eat. His bs often drops quite low unlike mine. He had eaten a Milky Way snack bar after church, but we stopped at the store for buns and a few other things, so it wasn't enough to hold him all that time. It would have been better to have eaten crackers or something with more protein. Well anyway they were ok burgers once we cooked them more but I honestly think I prefer the ones I make myself so don't think I'll be buying them again. Even on sale they were too expensive. The good thing is that since we cut them in half, I only ended up eating 1/2 patty so kept the calories down. Had lettuce and pickle slices on it and grabbed a handful of grape tomatoes (about 6 I think) to eat with. Then I had 9 grapes for dessert. So in regard to my diet...both calories and carbs, it actually turned out better.

Bunti - Congrats on the loss of that pound!! I'm glad WW is working for you.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #103  
GmaTo8

Since we're up past 100 posts, I'll go ahead and start a new Counters Club thread. See you there!
Closed Thread