Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #106  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Quick check in here. Did my workout this morning...eliptical, 3 miles in 42 minutes, abs, a bit of upper body and then my favorite - yoga.

Worked on getting tax stuff organized this afternoon.

Meanwhile a nice sunny day here...rain and snow predicted tomorrow.

Karen3 - congrats on your 1 pound loss and 3d place. Let me know if you find any bright vegie dishes.

Bobbi - hope your computer is better now...

Zoe - hope things are ok there. Looking forward to your next post when you return.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #107  

Height: 5'3"

Eww...that reminds me I have to do my taxes when I get home. That's the first thing I do after we get the RV unpacked. Since we plan to put the rig up for sale, my second big project will be to clean it really good. That is unless we change our minds...we rethink it a lot.

We walked 40 min today but have still been eating too much. Other than that we stayed home, did some budgeting and cleaned house.

We are having vegetable beef soup and raw veggies (carrots and celery) tonight. I'll have a serving of crackers with my soup too.

I'm tired tonight, so think I'll get off now. Have a good eveningl.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Just found out that Southerners say hey instead of hi (a character in the book I’m reading said so, so it must be right!). How come I did not know that? Just a quick check-in tonight, because I have things to do, & a book to read!

I wanted to tell you all about a comment my SO made to me a while back. I’ve been thinking about it today, I think all this talk about hair color brought it to mind. At the time, I was obsessing about what to wear, & had tried on, & rejected, 3 or 4 outfits (& we weren’t even going anywhere special). SO came in the room, & the words out of his mouth were “It doesn’t matter what you wear, you’re old, no one cares how you look.” Wait, don’t send out the “slap ‘em/smack ‘em team” - that comment actually helped me (though I’m pretty sure that wasn’t his intention!). I thought, “he’s right, the people that matter to me don’t care how I LOOK, & others probably don’t even notice (& if they do, & don‘t like it, so what!!).” I guess that’s also pretty much what the “red hat/purple dress poem” is about, I just needed to be reminded. Oh, and KarenFL, I think I ended up with that cranberry/wine hair color once, but I was going for reddish brown! And Yay! for you on the 1 pound loss!

NCNancy
Old 02-08-2011, 08:30 AM   #109  

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick note. NCNancy, Southerners do not say Hey instead of HI. At least not in KY. what book are you reading. Your SO Was still SO wrong! It isn't that people don't care what you wear because you're OLD. I really think most people don't care how you look. We're our own worst critic's.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....phew...NCNancy your SO has never seen a bunch of bridge ladies. Average age 80+. These girls are dressed in brand labels if not designer clothes with tons of make up on. Plus jewelery. They still talk about who is in love with who and who's sleeping with who.....now picture me in my jeans/tees. I wore a uniform too many years! If I'm clean (no dribbles on chest) I'm good to go. karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 02-08-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:10 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Good Morning,

Did 2 hours on the treadmill this morning (6.5 miles). This means it will take me abt 4 hours to do the 1/2 marathon - unless I can increase my speed.

My feet were tired (getting numb). The trainer says that 1 training each week should focus on increasing my time & 1 should focus on increasing my speed.

Today is my Dr. appt. to check on the lymphoma. I wrote down my questions - otherwise, I forget what I want to ask until I'm driving home!

Was warm here this morning, but getting colder.

Thursday is my hair appt. I was a redhead all of my life until about 6 months ago when I decided to go gray. I want something kind of strawberry blonde with some gray left in. Not sure what I will end up with.

Check back this evening,

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-08-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 AM   #112  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning all,

It is sunny here today, but chilly. I think they are talking that it is supposed to get cold again ~ down in the 20's in the mornings again. Brrrrrr.

Took a detour a couple days ago with my food and now as Freda said a couple posts back ~ if you play you pay. I wish I could figure out something that would work for me (like NC Nancy has figured out for her) ~ fine tune a treat episode so that it didn't set me back so. Grrrrrrr at myself, but no one to blame but me.

NC Nancy ~ they really did say hey instead of hi where I lived in NC (Greensboro and worked in Winston-Salem). At first it sounded funny to me, but after a while that was coming out of my mouth too. I really had to laugh at myself one night at work when "y'all" and "fixin to" came out of my mouth also. One of my coworkers was sharing with me local terminology for things in NC. Hot dogs all the way (I can't remember now for sure what all they had on them ~ seems like ~ coleslaw, onions, mustard and chili) and a tobogon (sp) was a knit winter hat not a long sled. Interesting what things are called in different parts of the country.

More later. Hope you all are having a good day so far.

Take care
Old 02-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good Morning! Foggy and cold with more snow in the forecast - sigh. Really looking forward to Spring. I think after my exercise tape today I will start some tomato seeds in pots, for putting in the garden in May. We have a pretty short growing season and I love fresh tomatoes. The garden already has strawberries, winter hardy blueberries, thornless black berries, thornless raspberries, about 6 different kinds of grapes, rhubarb, pear tree, cherry tree, a little peach tree that sometimes even has peaches ( it's pretty sheltered or it would be killed in the winter), the parsley and leeks seed themselves. We are lucky to have such excellent Farmers Markets in this rural area every year - to get the things I can't grow- like corn for some reason. I'm celebrating a 3 pound loss this week and a good part of it is thanks to you ladies who helped me through the rough patch last week - esp Laffalot - I didn't go off plan and TA DAH Thanks all and have a great day!

Last edited by Tea Granny; 02-08-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #114  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Any of you see Fargo, the movie spoof on Minnesota? We say yeah in most sentences. I thought that was part of the English language until my boss started kidding me about it.

Lynard...DH has an appointment to get our taxes in this afternoon. It's so much fun getting money back, this year we're getting more than usual because he worked part time over the holidays and he gets all the taxes back that he paid in because of his age.
Nancy...Nope, we're coming after your BF, I'm getting my rolling pin out. He doesn't need to remind you of your age. I've never heard the Red Hat poem, post it please.
Quote:
I guess that’s also pretty much what the “red hat/purple dress poem” is about, I just needed to be reminded.
KarenFla...You are a girl after my own heart. I live in sweat shirts (cute ones) and jeans too. I do make an exception for church, I don't wear pants of any kind, always dress up in dress/ suits, blazers. I love it, use big hats too. You are too funny, DH and his Irish Setter.
Quote:
DH does not like redheads and I always said if he came home with a long red hair on his collar I'd know it was an Irish setter! I love wash and wear hair. Bobbie.... I had to run my cleaner twice last week. Like pc had a winter sniffle. Did Doc Bones make you feel better?

Glynne...did you catch Regis and Kelly "Live" this morning? The caller greeted them with 'Hey'.
Lyn...please post some close-up pictures of your new doo!
Quote:
I want something kind of strawberry blonde with some gray left in. Not sure what I will end up with
Teagranny...2 weeks ago Walmart had on clearance some herb pots made of pottery, were self-watering. (one pot inside another pot) I ordered 5 packets of herbs and they sent a bonus package of tomatoes. I put them in a old fashion blue speckle pot with drainage in the bottom. Today the first tomato is up, we usually buy them already started. I've never had good luck starting seeds inside, I purchased a green grow light and hung it over the herbs to help them from getting gangly. Congrats on the 3 pound loss, that's huge.
Quote:
I will start some tomato seeds in pots, for putting in the garden in May. We have a pretty short growing season and I love fresh tomatoes.
3 pounds loss
Donna....I ran both cleaners yesterday and they found 51 boogie mans, today everything is running good.
Quote:
Bobbi, my computer does that weird hesitancy thing when I'm emailing on Juno, and I can see some background stuff loading (down at the bottom of the page). Once it's finished, the typing goes smoothly again. Have you done your spyware update lately?
Hi Freda, Zoe, KarenMo, what's happening in your part of the world?
I have to put DH's treats in the oven now. I thawed out some frozen bread dough, divided it into 12 balls, rolled them out and filled with brown sugar, chunky applesauce, cinnamon and a tad bit of flour. They have doubled in size so in they go.
Have a skinny day.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:35 AM   #115  

Good Morning,

I'm back and have a little more time. DH is painting the kitchen. Why do they have so many shades of beige? I thought the one I chose was a true beige but i'm afraid it looks pink in certain light. Not sure what it will look like when it dries. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

Gayle, I do still say "Ya'll" and "fixing to" And "a little piece up the road" I thought the saying "you guys" was terrible! I wasn't a guy!!! And a hat is a "boggin" not a toboggan. And people do tend to pick up the local dilect.

Teagranny, congratulations on the weight loss!

Lynn, Look forward to seeing you as a firery redhead! Pictures please.

Karen3, Bridge ladies and Southern Church Ladies. Dressed and made up to a T.

Mary, when will you be home?

Lyn, WOW, that is a lot of exercise!

Gotta go again, See ya'll later.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #116  

Default Recipe chunky applesauce ball,s

Hi bobbi
I copy your recipe about bread ball,s with applesauce hope you don,t mind but at what oven setting do bake them at.

Thank,s mcgoo

AKA Jackie
Old 02-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #117  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi Jackie...Last nite I couldn't get to sleep and I was thinking of ways to use up the tons of chunky applesauce we have in the freezer. I made the recipe up in my mind so I don't have an exact temperature to go by. The frozen bread package states 350 to bake bread so that's what I put it in at. I set the timer for 19 minutes, they looked done in 15 minutes but left them in for a couple more, I didn't want them raw on botton. I think 19 minutes is about right. I flattened out the balls, put the apple mixture in and pinched the sides together, then put them (pinched seam side down) into a greased 12 muffin cup pan. I let them rise until doubled in size. They smell really good, I just took them out. The bottoms looked perfect. Now I have to super glue my mouth together and not eat any.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-08-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:10 PM   #118  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello again,

Back on track with the food so far today. And yea me ~ went for a walk. Enjoyed the sunshine and sound of the birds in the trees. It was a little chilly ~ 39* ~ but dressed warmly, so it was nice. We have these nice bike and hike paths that I went on for part of the time. Walked for little over 1/2 hour and stopped at this little park with a pond and a fountain ~ rested, then continued on home. So, walked for a total of about 45 min.

Freda ~ it was definatly tobogan for the hat in NC, and hadn't been shortened to boggin.

Wasn't able to find any scrubs I liked the other day, so am trying to figure out which pattern to use and then go get some cloth.

Back later

Take care
Old 02-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Just me again for sec...We have reinactments of civil war battles down here and at the camp they sell fried bread, Bobbie.....We split a fried bread with apple pir filling in it. They put almost anything into bread dough fold over and deep fry. So your version would be a bit healthier....OMG GOOD karen3
Old 02-08-2011, 03:27 PM   #120  

Hi everyone..its snowing again..dh went to the cabin with his buddies for a few days so i'm enjoying the "me time" still doing scrapbooking and plowing thru "shogun" by James Clevell and enjoying it very much. nothing else exciting going on. hope you are having a great day rosey
Closed Thread