Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #316  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good Morning Golden Sisters Another pound down and now I'm off to work - just had to stop by to say "HI" and change my ticker of course! Everyone have a safe day
Old 02-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

I am going in to Trenton, NJ today to take some "design" photos. For some reason, the rural area I live in does not seem great for "design."

This morning, I upped my speed on the treadmill. 3.5 for walking & 4.5 for running. At the end of an hour, I had done 3.75 miles.

It is a beautiful day here - sun is shining & it is NOT snowing!

Hey Zoe, I just heard that it is -4 in Boston. I hope you are staying warm.

Have a GREAT day, Everyone,

Lynn
Old 02-22-2011, 02:15 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Afternoon Everyone! Just thought that I would post one more picture--these pants are the next size smaller (18) the waist is still a little "snug" but the legs are kind of baggy!!! I may have to go and check out some "new" clothes at goodwill or something. I thought that I had plenty in each size as I come down--- but maybe not!

Tea--Congrats on another pound gone! Loving it!!

Karen3-- did I miss a picture somewhere?? I went back several pages and haven't found one..

Well, I am getting ready to go and pick up some "English Toffee" for my Aunt. This would have been my Uncles birthday and we usually do something nice for her. Plus, I am going to run her to the cemetary since she hasn't got anything settled with her insurance company yet.

Be back later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3778.jpg (27.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #319  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Afternoon Girlies!
I'm taking a break, getting off my feet for a few minutes. I made an Elk meatloaf, thought of you Zoe because you grind up Fiber One and put in things. I put some ground up fiber one in for the first time. The other night we had spaghetti and I had some left over sauce that needed using up. I put the spaghetti sauce, fiber one and 1/2 package dry onion soup mix in the meatloaf. We're down to the last 2 butternut squash, will have 1 of those for supper too. DH just brought in the last of our garden carrots , guess I need spring to come so we can re-plant everything. The mail brought two more seed catalogs today. (That's a sure sign spring is around the corner.)
Lynn...you're weight has been so stubborn lately in the Red team, how many calories are you eating? I shouldn't talk, I'm on a plateau myself.
KarenMo...stay away from that English toffee unless you do the one bite rule, no calories in it.
Freda...add me to your animal loving list. I used to post on the furry friends thread but found I had more in common with the gals my age. Thanks for asking, my headaches are managable. Don't get them everyday, sometimes I can go 3 days without one. When I do get them, I usually can get rid of them. I'm also down to Dr. Bones appointments twice a month.
Quote:
Teagranny, Any one who works with animals rates an A+ with me!

Sherry...I laughed at something you have posted at the bottom of your post but can't remember what it was. I'll have to look after I post this.

Mary, we'll change your name to biker gal with your leather jacket. Tell your hubby you're gonna get a tattoo also.
Quote:
I asked my dh if I can have a beautiful soft leather waist length leather jacket if I get skinny and he said yes...I told him he'd better be careful what he agrees too cause I just might do it.

Zoe, geezzzzz, me too! I saw that it was Lyn's b'day and I forgot to send her wishes also.
Lyn......sorry, I've had my head up my (you know) lately, Happy belated Birthday.
Hi Rosey...good luck on your swim suit purchase. Do you have a family Y where you and DH can swim year around?
Nancy...Yup, it's just water retention. I was up 3 pounds over night last week because of something salty I ate the night before. Drink lots of water and you'll drop it.
Quote:
SO & I went out to an all-you-can-eat steak house that afternoon (we were celebrating his return to work), & this morning I’m up 3 pounds!

Donna...you always say you've got nothing to share, just popping in to say hi brightens up our day.
Glynne...don't stand next to me because I hate exercising. I'd side track you so quick you wouldn't know what hit you. I did order two more senior citizen exercising dvd. I get bored with Leslie Sansone so quickly, maybe the new ones will inspire me. (Haven't received them yet)
Quote:
I'm hoping the good example my Golden Sisters here are setting for me will rub off and I will not get side tracked or make excuses and keep doing it every day

KarenFla...I don't believe it. The master chef at all those bridge tournaments and you get bored planning meals? What's level one of? Southbeach?
Quote:
Back to lossing 1lb a week. Think I need a few days of level one. Something to jump start the diet track. Get bored and tired of meal planning.

Quote:
And Lyn, I could swear I sent you happy birthday wishes
Time to shake my booty and get the squash ready for the oven. I see it's time for Dr Oz. too.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:33 PM   #320  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Afternoon All - Faced the dreaded scale this morning - down a pound so it's 9 lbs total so far. Just like chipping marble, eh? But I'm a happy camper! The day here started off snowing, foggy, more snow & now the sun is out (YAY). It just can't seem to make up it's mind. Anyway gota' go.........catch you all tomorrow. Happy day everyone! TTYL
Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....Sorry about posting that oversized picture but I could not get it downsized to save my soul. Sent it email to DD and she flipped. Said it was me 15 yrs ago, Figure that this week I'll loss at least 2 lbs in brown spots. Feel as excited as if got me new clothes...okay I got me a new face!

Tea...chipping 1 lb at a time is usually the best way. But I love whoooshes.

Lynn...DH graduated from Rider when most of the classes were downtown Trenton. What did you take pictures of? Always wondered why Trenton was the capitol instead of Princeton. Ohh that's where you should have gone!

Karen...New pants deff, but new top too. Follow what they say on "What Not to Wear." Absolutely hate that show. Can't imagine standing in front of those mirrors with people watching bhah!

Mary...If you tell me that was a pale blue/gray jacket and you didn't get it I'll weep.

Bobbi....Level 1 is the start of SouthBeach and you have no carbs/fruit/anything white. I don't need 2 weeks just reprime my will power.

Freda...sorry you had to go into work because of the weather. Spring has arrived here and will becoming North for you all soon. The live oaks just dumped their leaves this week. They stay green as the new leaves push the old ones off. Have had the house open for 2 weeks now. I promise you and Zoe I'll send this sun/warmth North. The old guy who hit on me wears white slacks with belt about nipple high, he's 5' tall and a nose of an old hard drinking man. Think troll. Oh and strands of greasy white combover!

Made DH the best fruit salad bowl. Had fresh pineapple chunks, mango chunks, banana slices and fresh blueberries. Found some plastic tubs that are hard to open and so the salad lasted a few days. The answer to portion control for him!

Biggest Loser tonight....can watch it since I finished DS's book. damn the boy(man) can write. Agent has his next 2 out there....hummmmm

hugs,karen3

Everything can change in a blink of an eye, but don't worry; God never blinks.

Last edited by Karen3; 02-22-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Just a quick stop in, then I’m going to nap! I’m having a hard time getting enough sleep in, & I think that’s messing with my weight, because I keep gaining! And I’m not eating that much (except for that trip to the steak house). I do know, from past experience, that changes in routine (& the salt) do affect the numbers on the scale, but it’s just so darn annoying to see them going up! Thanks for all the support from you ladies, & I’ll try to be patient.

Congrats to Tea Granny & Sherry on your 1 pound “releases”. Yay! & Yay! See, KarenFL, 1 pound a week "released" is good! Yay! And, KarenMO, you definitely need to get to your nearest thrift store, & get some clothes that fit you now. It’s such a boost to the ego when you can fit into those smaller sizes. Love it!

Hey there! to everyone else, & now I’m headed to bed. See you tomorrow.
NCNancy
Old 02-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #323  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Wow - lots of congratulations are due I see...Tea and Laff down a pound - GREAT!! Karen you look great in those size smaller jeans! Bobbi - so glad those pesky water pounds are gone this week. Lynn - 3.75 miles!! great (I usually do 3).

Didn't make it to the gym today. I got a new client for Tuesdays so now I have eight total for about 17 hours a week. (All on T,W, and Th). So I'm almost up to my self-imposed limit of 20 hours a week. That's plenty!

I could have slipped off to the gym after my last client at 3, but my sister stopped by with some new plants for me for my BD. She's got a green thumb and hundreds of plants and started my several new ones. She says that they are very hard to kill..we'll see. I gave her the last piece of carrot cake (now it won't haunt me.)

Well, that's all for now.

Lyn
Old 02-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #324  
TankiniPotential55

S/C/G: ?/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Default It's a viral thing...

...and it's kept me @ home for the past week, and now my doctor says stay home for this week too! I am so not happy. I'm a teacher, and I really miss doing the job I love--even though it's those little kids that probably shared one germ too many with me in the first place.

I have been reading with interest, sadness, and hope at all of your heartfelt postings on this thread. That I can't comment on each one of yours is a sign of how fuzzy my brain is currently. However, sending you all lots of hugs and support (but no germs).

The Thursday before I got sick I walked 5km in 50 minutes, and was so very proud of myself, especially since there had been fresh snow the night before and some of the back streets were slippery. It felt really good, in an endorphin kind-of-way. Two days later I did my weekly weigh-in, and was stuck for another week @ 157lb. That was also the day I began to feel this nasty cold begin.

Now it's 11 days later, still with nasty cold, but down 3lbs after doing NOTHING for a week but drink chicken soup and sleep. It makes no sense. At any rate, I have no idea how to get my ticker attached to this post, but if it was there you'd see I'm down from 161 on January 13th to 154 on February 19. Seven slow pounds of hard work, tons of meal and snack planning + creating, and only 2 1/2 weeks to go before tankini time in the DR.

I had a chance for a free consult with a nutritionist a couple of weeks ago, and she tweaked my meal plans just a little to include wheat & gluten-free bread. I am so happy now that I have something to put my pb on!

Take care, everyone!
TP55
Old 02-22-2011, 08:00 PM   #325  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

TP55, glad you can join us.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #326  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, All......
Had a busy day and fell so totally off the wagon that I got run over by the wheels! Oh, well... no biggie. Tomorrow is another day.

Bobbi, thanks for just letting me pop in, without demanding words of wisdom or humor. Some days are just better than others!

After reading everyone's recipes, dinner menus, etc., I'm weak and pale and interested in feeding my tum. Good idea? Yes... yes, it is!

Be warm, dry, and safe, everyone. Onward!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #327  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Me, here. Checking in. Long day, and too danged cold. Ate properly, feel okay, just tired and about ready to crawl beneath the covers. REALLY love reading what you-all have to say, and my heart is with you even if I'm too pooped to do a lengthy post tonight. Had my chest X-ray and then went into work - in meetings from 2:30 until 4:00 (I usually leave by 3:30!) and got ambushed on my way out by someone wanting to vent. Jayzus. That wasted another 20 minutes. Home LATER than usual, but luckily had the soup from yesterday - delicioso - and some pita bread, so very few calories (Yay!). I WAS craving some vanilla pudding though, with fruit - peaches, strawberries, blueberries - in it, so I picked some up (you know, the little 60-calorie cups) and also some fresh peaches (already had strawberries and blueberries at home) and had myself a nice healthy and calorie-conscious dessert. (Yum-o).
Karen, you're getting down there, girl...so that's what the Wii can help you do, huh? Ohhhhhhh. If I just had a tad more energy, y'know? Maybe the doc will give me a magic energy pill once all is said and done, and I'll be running around like that ole' Leslie Sansone....you know, all bouncy and cheerful (bless her heart!).
Okay can't keep chatting - I'll doze off and bang my head on the keyboard, and that just won't do.
Have a good night my lovely golden sisters...sweet dreams!

Z
Old 02-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #328  

Hi everyone..well i got my new scale not sure how i feel about my weight.i know the other scale doesnt work right,everytime i use it the #,s flucuate big time.. the new scale is so easy to use i dont need any help..it weighs me at 299..now i dont know what my true wt is just know for sure were i started,so frustrating.howevr im sticking with the new scale. so apparently the number on my ticker is wrong so i'll wait till i catch up to it.i havent cheated and i wonder why the loss isnt more as im hungry all the time the only thing i can think of its the exercise which im going to start tomorrow morning..becuz im handicapped and not as active as most folksthat it has to be one of the reasons..some folks after this surg drop wt like crazy and i feel im stalled..today i had a protein shake for breakfast,small slice meatloaf for lunch and iced tea,1/2 cup chix stew for dinner(mostly chix) and sf jello for a snack.zoe,being tired could be any number of things,thyroid for one or maybe vitamin B12..hope you have some answers soon ,congrats to those who are loosing ,my dh is doing pretty well but moving slowly poor guy..well biggest looser,s on so ttfn hugs for all and thanks for letting me vent rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-22-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #329  

Hello Everyone. A very quick check in here. We have a significant bout of the flu part two, now. Stuffy heads, sore throat, temperature, etc. First DH, then DS, then DGD and DIL then other DS, and tonight I don't feel so well. DH and I have been taking care of everyone and I'm working. Now it looks like they will have to take care of me.

Still staying on plan, and still at least doing my stretches.

Would love to say hello and comment about everyone, but too much for right now. Brrrrr it is cold here, and a high wind warning. Is it spring yet??

Hugs and prayers for us all. Ciao for now.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:37 AM   #330  

S/C/G: 224/214/140

I met my 10 lbs goal so I get to start a new one. I can do it in small bits. The end goal can feel unreachable. I can do this if I only look at the next mini goal.
Closed Thread