Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #301  

Height: 5'3"

To the person who asked about gigabytes. That's the amount of mobile internet I am allowed each month for $19.95. After that it's 25 cents or something a minute, that could add up fast, so I try to stay within the 2 gigs.
So far 2 gigs has been fine...I just don't enter sweepstakes and complete surveys for cash like I do when at home and have unlimited internet. I'm esp careful the last day or two just in case. But today I got my new gigs so I'm ok now... :-)

I'm bored today...want to go outside but don't care for walking on my own...and dh thinks it's too wet. But he has finally agreed to walk to the store with me at least. Need to get out of this RV.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Hi all - just to clarify - I am a First Aid Instructor and part time Admin Assistant at the Training Centre where I teach The
Therapy Dog evaluator 'stuff' is a volunteer position that I truly love...demon possesed kids aside. ( I used to be an Animal Health Tech )
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Presidents Day!

Snowing but not sticking here. I have a day off from volunteering. My DD was disappointed with brunch yesterday. The museum restaurant doesn't have their Sunday buffet anymore. She was looking forward to that.

Most of last week I was 146. This morning I am 146. On Sunday - weighin day for the Challenge - I was 147! Oh well, maybe next Sunday.

Nothing special planned for today. My photo class assignment is "design." Not sunny - probably not a good day for shooting.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #304  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Lynn...that happens to me too. Last week I'd eaten something salty the night before weigh in and it bummed me out. Do you know who won week 6? No stats yet other than we were at 42%.
Quote:
Most of last week I was 146. This morning I am 146. On Sunday - weighin day for the Challenge - I was 147! Oh well, maybe next Sunday.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
Had a nice weekend. Saturday was weigh-in day, & I’d lost a pound, but that didn’t last long. SO & I went out to an all-you-can-eat steak house that afternoon (we were celebrating his return to work), & this morning I’m up 3 pounds! That’s ok though, it was worth it! I’ll just have to be “good” all week. Not a good idea to skip visiting here both days, seems I missed a lot! I know better, huh?! Lot of catching up to do.

First of all, I want to wish Mary a very belated Happy Birthday! I also enjoy the Sue Grafton books. I keep meaning to re-read them all, in order, starting with “A”, but keep finding other books I want to read.

And Lyn, a belated Happy Birthday! to you too. The big 6-0? Did your friends & family do any “over-the-hill stuff?

Rosey, I’m so glad your DH is doing good! Hope he made it home yesterday!

Donna, glad your Granny/Mom is doing better. Sure hope the drs. come up with something to take away her pain! Glad you reminded us about the lbs. being released, not lost. And congrats on the 3.2 lbs. you released! Yay! for you!

KarenMO, what a great new car, and you look so small standing next to it! Looking good, girl! That weight loss (um, I mean release) is really showing.

Bobbi & Freda & all the rest of you dealing with cold, snowy weather, I hope you’re managing to stay safe & warm! And inside! KarenFL, I’m jealous. 79 degrees! Actually, it’s supposed to be in the 70’s here today, but very windy, so I expect it will feel chilly - it did yesterday.

Tea Granny, I’m just amazed at your energy. A 16 hour day doing volunteer work, plus all the time you spend at your regular job! I don’t know how you do it, but good for you! And such a wonderful cause. And Lynn, all the time you spend on your volunteer work, also for a wonderful cause. You ladies are pretty inspiring. And Lynn, sorry about that “uncooperative” scale. Of course it would have to pick weigh-in day to show a gain. That’s ok, we all know it was lying! Yours too, Bobbi!

Zoe & Freda, I’m glad SO is back at work, but I miss having him home (& I’m having a hard time getting back into my old routine - whatever that was?!). I didn’t really miss my “me time”, because once SO’s shoulder started getting better, he spent a lot of time outside doing “guy things”, & when inside, he was usually in another room watching TV, or doing exercises for his shoulder. I’m actually looking forward to him retiring, but since he just turned 50 in Dec. (I’m almost 5 yrs. older than him), that won’t happen any time soon.

Sherry, I hope you enjoyed your Crown Jewel lunch, yesterday. How did you get to be Queen?

Hi, Pam. I don’t think I’ve “met” you before. Congrats on “releasing” 28 lbs. Good for you!

Gayle, hope you’re home relaxing, after your long weekend at work.

Ok, there's lots of stuff I should be doing, & this darn new internet connection I've got keeps knocking me offline, so, catch you later (I hope!).
NCNancy
Old 02-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #306  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick hello... because I have no news and nothing of import to share!

Lazy weekend, and I'll be all discombobulated this week, with today being a holiday. It would be a good day to spend under the covers, I think! No, I won't...

Rosey, how's the DH? Good thoughts... PT/Zoe, when do you see your good doc? How are you feeling? NCNancy, steak sounds GOOD!

Blah, blah, blah, blah... all is fine here, still OP, still losing a little every day. I feel great! So, Everyone, have a good holiday, if you get a holiday, and be warm, dry, and safe!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Everyone! Thanks for the compliments on the "weight release" I'm still having a hard time seeing it-- I guess maybe because those jeans that I have on are baggy and the next size smaller I have I can't fit into yet! Maybe this coming week!

And Thanks for the compliments on my "little car" I'm thinking that we should probably never have bought the Cadillac(although I love it) My Dad always had Cadillacs and I always wanted one. But I really like sitting up a little higher in the new car. And I know the AWD will come in handy. The Cadillac is a V6 so it wasn't too bad on gas and it was RED! But I guess when you buy used you kind of have to take what there is. The Edge is a dark Charcoal Grey..kind of looks black. We are taking it back to the dealer today and they are going to put an inspection sticker on it. That will save us about $20.

Here are a couple pictures from yesterday when I was dressed for church. Don't look at my necklace that is crooked! You would think that my hubby would have told me! But I didn't realzie it but those pants are baggy too! Hope I can get in a smaller size this week. That would be so great!

I just finished working out with the wii so I need to get in the shower so we can get ready to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3776.jpg (26.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3777.jpg (22.4 KB, 13 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #308  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenMO, IT IS NOTICEABLE!!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:28 PM   #309  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning all,

Nice day so far. I got out and walked this morning. It was a nice temperature, sunny off and on, a little breeze. I walked to a little park nearby, by one route, then home by a different route. I'm hoping the good example my Golden Sisters here are setting for me will rub off and I will not get side tracked or make excuses and keep doing it every day.

I think I was making it too complicated. If I just keep it simple, I think I am more apt to stick with it. My father-in-law and his wife walk every day and he was telling me that they have different routes they go to give them some variety. But for me, I don't care if it is the same route every day ~ just so I get out there and do it.

I wanted to try to walk for 30 minutes straight, but I go to this little park with a fountain ~ it is kind of like my treat to stop there and sit for a few minutes and just enjoy it. It takes me only 20 minutes to get there, then another 12 minutes to get back home by that other route. But I've read that even if your exercise is broken up into chunks it still counts.

I'm hoping to reach my 10% goal (a 23 pound loss/209.2) at weight watchers soon. When I get to a 25 pound loss (207.2) I will get a key ring. Then onederland is not too far off.

Here are a couple pics of where I stop on my walk

Hope you all are having a good day. Be back later.

Take care
Attached Images
File Type: jpg little park at the pond.jpg (37.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg fountain at the pond.jpg (32.5 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by glynne; 02-21-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #310  

Hi everyone..another nice day here the suns out..we had a fair evening and nite,dh is uncomfortable but had pain meds for that..its so good to have him home. I have chix stew bubbling in the crock pot a request from my dh,smells wonderful. Im been scrapbooking and was adding pics of gransons basket ball game and an article from the paper about their win. Nothing else going on a quiet day. I'm reading James Clavells Gai-Jin. its part of the shogun series and im really enjoying it. glynn what a pretty spot for a walk. i need to start an exercise program too..i found out our local pool has a gradual ramp with side rails that i can walk right into and out of the pool,i ordered us both swimsuits gulp gulp,not sure im ready to get that undressed but i luv to swim.Hoping your day is going well. rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-21-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....every day the face gets a wee bit better. I wore full job of war paint today and felt like I looked 10 yrs younger. Ohh and our Italian Stallion, the 92 yr old retire eye surgeon, slide up to me and said I looked fanastic. I'd be tickled pink if I was so grossed out.

Back to lossing 1lb a week. Think I need a few days of level one. Something to jump start the diet track. Get bored and tired of meal planning.

Played bridge and were dead middle. But considering I read The Book until 2am....must admit he can write. Just hard being his mother....sighhhhhh

Be back in am with personals.....hugs,karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 02-21-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #312  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. Had a quiet day today..it snowed a bit and didn't feel like doing much. Last night my friends had a celebration for me and I couldn't resist bringing home the bit of carrot cake left. I'll try not to over-do it.

Lyn
Old 02-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #313  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Karen3, you look fabuloso, chica! And Lyn, I could swear I sent you happy birthday wishes, but I can't find 'em anywhere, so I'll have to send them after the fact. Happy birthday!I'm glad you had fun, and I mean how long can a hunk of carrot cake last, anyway?
Chest X-ray in the AM; laid my butt around the house all day yesterday & today - snowed this morning again (ugh) but nothing like what I'm hearing about in the midwest. Yikes! I made my famous chicken veggie soup tonight, and it'll be ready to eat in another 10 minutes or so. Then a nice haute bath and off to bed.
Sorry not to say hi to everybody personally, but oh, I am feeling so lazy and good-fer-nuthin' doncha know? It's a wonder I got the soup made. Dh helped, or I wouldn't have done that, even.
Pretty walk, Gayle. I'm SO looking forward to being able to walk outside again. This has been one tough winter, let me tell you!

Z
Old 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #314  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Hope you've had a good day. We had a nice time ...we drove to Idyllwild the little town I told you I wanted to go to as I'd heard it had lots of nice little shops and eating places. The sun was shining brightly today and most of the snow is gone so we decided to venture out and they were right it is a fun little town. We at least poked our heads into most of the shops and I bought a golf shirt for my sil, good-smelling soaps for my dd and a Christmas ornament with "Idyllwild" on it and some blueberry jam for us. I saw LOTs of clothes I'd like ....most too small for me but I can dream. I asked my dh if I can have a beautiful soft leather waist length leather jacket if I get skinny and he said yes...I told him he'd better be careful what he agrees too cause I just might do it. LOL I don't think he has to worry about it.

The way I ate today I'm sure he doesn't. Did well yesterday and my weight dropped down another pound but today is a different story. Had a hamburger and onion rings for lunch and I didn't share this time! I got a little too hungry by the time we got there and found the place we wanted to eat. I did leave about 1/3 of my hamburger though, but before we left town we each got a scoop of ice cream, so I have been really bad today. Going to try and eat light tonight. Seems like I can only stay OP when we stay home and not always then. At least we did a lot of walking today...walked 30 min. this morning before deciding to go out and then while browsing the stores. I am really enjoying walking here.

Karen31 - You look very nice. I bet you can find a pair or better fitting pants now.

Karen3 - what was wrong with your face? Guess I missed that discussion.
I don't notice anything wrong in the picture...you are a nice looking lady.

Hope I got the Karens right. LOL I do get you mixed up sometimes.

Zoe, your meals always sound good to me...I think we must have similar tastes.

Our dil told me today they are staying together until the school year is over so I am hoping they will still work things out.

Have a good evening...

ETA I did have the Karens mixed up...think I got it right now?

Last edited by maryea; 02-21-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #315  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning sistergirls,

This weekend was not the best time to be outside. We got the snow we were promised and more. it got really bad. So, I wasn't surprised that I got called to work yesterday. I live close to the hospital and i'm usually the first called. I only worked 8 hours and that seemed to come around very quickly, after being used to working 12.

Karen31, I can tell that you have lost weight and it's showing in your clothes. Keep that WII going. I checked the Wii Zoomba out this weekend while I was shopping for DGD's birthday. It's only 30 dollars. I'm picking it up. I'll have to ask the kids how to work it though.

Gayle, What a beautiful place to walk. Makes walking even easier. It also helps to have someone to walk with. Take the kids and play. that's exercise too.

Teagranny, Any one who works with animals rates an A+ with me!

Nancy, I doubt you gained 3 lb. in one day, even if you WAY over ate! It takes 3000 calories over what it takes to maintain your weight, to gain a pound. Probably the salt.

Sherry, "it's good to be queen". Remember that? I loved it.

Rosie, get that bathing suit and go swimming! No one will care, trust me. We are way too critical of ourselves and you will find nothing but support! The pool will be perfect exercise for you. Has the Dr. ok'd exercise? it does make a difference.

Mary, Now you have a new goal. Get that leather jacket! Hope the kids can work things out. Hard to just have to sit and wait. Well, I guess we can pray that they make wise decisions too. Sometimes, unfortunateally, a good divorce is better than a bad marriage.

Z, anxious to see how the X-ray turns out. Any results from any of the tests yet? Chicken stew sounds good. I love soup on these cold snowey days.

Karen3, I know you had your first treatment. So, sorry, but what were you showing us? I know you said the Dr. said that the spots would get worse before they got better, but you look good to me. How many more treatments? I can only use the cream 2 days a week. My face peels. I can't tell any difference but I hope it's preventing future problems. And you must be looking pretty good if those old guys are hitting on you!

Lyn, one little piece (it was little wasn't it) of carrot cake won't make a huge difference. We're people we have lives. Just work around it and enjoy it.

Lynn, Weight does that, goes up and down a bit day to day. But you know that you're doing what you need to do and one day soon that scale will have the right number. Go ahead and practice your little victory dance!

Bobbi, How are you? Hope you're feeling better.

Bunti, where are you?

Everyone have a good day,

Last edited by the slim me; 02-22-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Closed Thread