3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~February Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/224154-%7E%7Efebruary-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bunti 02-01-2011 12:33 PM

Morning everyone, just a quick flyby as I have to take my car in to the shop...check engine light came on, uh-oh.

Weird weather here. Blowing sixty and warm wind. (43 degrees) Looks like the lower 48 is getting our weather, and we theirs- hope all are safe and warm.

Zoe, I am still here, just still doing grant reports and then it will be foster home inspection time. No rest for the weary this month.

Gayle, good luck on the shopping, TeaGranny congrats on the loss, any loss is a good one. Everyone else, hello and will write more later

Rosey, I get it about the carbs too. I am hyper sensitive to some carbs, and really have to watch it, or I sabotage myself. I know a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, but neuroscience has found that some of us have an addictive response to high gycemic carbs. I would suggest that those who think there is not difference are lucky enough not to have that response. Processed grains are not a good thing for this gal, particularly wheat. Of course I guess empty calories aren't good for anyone if you think about it.

Hugs all, and have a great day.

the slim me 02-01-2011 02:19 PM

Hi Golden Girls,

Not much going on today. Getting ready for that big snow that is supposed to be coming our way. Looks like most of us are going to get hit. They are saying we will probably get about a foot. I just called the hospital and they are having external disaster meetings all day. One bad thing about living so close to the hospital. If it really hits bad I might have to call and go in if needed. A lot of our nurses live a long way and may not make it in tomorrow. got my candles and matches out and fire wood is ready. Also, manual can opener! Lots of people forget about that when the electricity goes out. Gone to the store all ready to stock up on bread and milk. I'm as ready as i'll ever be I suppose. The kiddies are coming over this afternoon and will stay the night if it starts to get bad.

I'm another big Janet Evanovitch fan. Like Donna, not her other stuff though. YUCK! You would think 2 different people wrote the books. My friends and I have already cast the movie. Sandra Bullock for Stephanie. Of course we had Estell Getty for grandma but she passed away and we've yet to come up with a suitable replacement. Maybe Betty white? And by the way, aren't you amazed at the popularity of Betty these days? about time. love her.

Stay safe,

Freda

Bobbolink 02-01-2011 02:45 PM

Hello and Happy February!:val1:
Freda...oh yes, Estell Getty would have be a perfect character on the Stephanie Plum series. If Crabby Maxine were a real person, she could do it too. I've been a fan of Betty White for years, I was just trying to think of when I first noticed her. It was before Mary Tyler Moore, anyone remember?

Quote:

Sandra Bullock for Stephanie. Of course we had Estell Getty for grandma but she passed away and we've yet to come up with a suitable replacement. Maybe Betty white? And by the way, aren't you amazed at the popularity of Betty these days? about time. love her.

I have two checkbooks to balance this afternoon, already made supper. We stopped for a few groceries on the way home from Dr. Bones. Do you all remember the Holloway carmel candies on a stick when we were young? They took all day to eat, anyway I found something that taste just like them, sugar free, 30 calories each. These are small little pieces, individually wrapped and very good. Nips Coffee is the name of them. Check them out.
Bunti...we're just on the edge of the storm this time, I think KarenMo is gonna get it.
Be good everyone and eat like a thin person eats.

akrosey49 02-01-2011 02:51 PM

Morning everyone..were getting snow too! about 4 inches so far but nothing like i saw on the news sry so many of u are having awful weather..thanks for the support,i journaled my foods yesterday to see if i was on track

breakfast- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
lunch-2 oz chix wrapped in lettuce dab of mayo
snack v-8 ( sm can( string cheese
dinner 4 oz hamb patty grilled (heinz 57 sauce 1T)
snack- sf popsicel

so u can see its not alot..but it makes sence rhat a dr early on befor surg told me its calories in calories burned..my dh knew i was frustrated and he said u can see im loosing so let nature do its thing,aww he has his moments.i 'm also a fan of the stephnie plum books..they make me laugh out loud..right now im reading James Clevels "Shogun" lynn id luv to be your scrapbook buddy;) hoping you all have agreat day :hug: rosey :wave:

glynne 02-01-2011 03:11 PM

Brrrrrrr ~ 36* here right now ~ in the middle of the day and windy. :dizzy: Guess I'm not going to be taking any bike ride today.

Karen31 02-01-2011 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone! Well we got our snow and still getting it!! Right now we have about 15 inches on the ground--still snowing and the wind is blowing so that makes some really deep drifts!! We have a great big 14 degrees!!

Zoe, I made the cabbage veggie soup and I am anxiously waiting for it to get done.. DH said he isn't too sure if he will like it or not--told him there is a can of soup in the cabinet!! His Mom made him a very picky eater!~ When we first got married and moved to Mass. I was so surprised that his Mom would make 4 or 5 different dinners for one night because one didn't like this and one didn't like that!! I was raised if you didn't like the meal this time, maybe next meal you would!

I did my wii this morning again. I hope I continue to lose. I did end up losing just at 10 pounds for January. I weighed this morning but won't take it as official until my weighin on Friday. I'd really like to see 10 pounds a month go but will take any loss.

Well, guess I need to convince Ginger and Sissy that they need to go outside. Our front door faces north and right now we can't even open it because the snow is drifted there. But the back door is on the southside and there is a patio cover so they need to get out there and do their business!!

I'll try to get back later. Take care, stay safe and warm!!

Karen31 02-01-2011 04:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thought that I would post a few pictures to show you what it is doing here! Kind of reminds me of Colorado!!!

They just said on the news that officially as of 3:30 this afternoon we have 18 inches of snow on the ground! With 3 and 4 foot drifts!!

ladyinweighting 02-01-2011 05:11 PM

I just took a FUNNY photo of my kitties. They were cuddling in one of their beds & just as I snapped, Harry yawned. Looks like he is diabolical.

However, now that I changed the camera setting so that my pics have more pixels, I cannot attach.

Karen, what is that link for shrinking the photo files?

Lynn

Nancyoyo 02-01-2011 05:11 PM

Hi G.G.s,
I’ve been watching the weather, & that looks like a really scary storm to the north & west of us. Zoe, I’m really worried about your trip. Please be really careful! It looks like it’s going to miss us, so if you can make it safely to NC, it should be ok (I hope!). With all the prayers & well wishes going your way, everything has to be fine!

Lynn, I know how you feel about ice, that’s what I really fear in the winter. About 5 years ago, we had a tall pine tree break off, & fall on our roof, during an ice storm. Fortunately, no one was hurt, but it did a good deal of damage. There are several more tall pines that could do the same thing, but we can’t afford to have them cut down, & they’re too tall, & too near the house, to do it ourselves. So, when the trees start icing-up, we just do a lot of praying, & stay at the other end of the house! We also have to worry about losing electricity. We live about halfway down a half mile dirt/gravel road with only 10 residences. So, we’re sort of low on the list when it comes to getting the power restored, when there are a lot of outages. We have been without power for 5 days, when it was really bad. Because of that, we have a small generator & 2 kerosene space heaters. That would take care of us, but we also have our 2 rental mobile homes next door to worry about. (We always advise our renters to get a kerosene heater, but they never do.) Freda, I always use a manual can opener, so I don't have to worry about that, but I do make sure I'm stocked up on food, & emergency chocolate! I’m sorry, I think I've been rattling on, but it’s something I really worry about every winter! Sorry again! I’ll change the subject now. Lynn, thanks for the poem. I’d read it, & loved it, some time ago, but I didn’t have a copy. So, I’ll save that, & now I will!

Donna, I agree that the Stephanie Plum books are not for everyone. You definitely can’t take anything in them seriously, & I guess they might be a little too risqué for some. But, like you said, they’re fun! Hope you weren’t out in the cold too long, & that you’re safely back inside with SamCat & a book.

Freda, it's nice to hear that so many here like the Stephanie Plum books. I do think Betty White would be good as Grandma. I'm a fan of hers too, like Bobbi. I hadn't imagined Stephanie looking like Sandra Bullock (I was picturing a younger version of the author), but I can see her in the part.

Gayle, do you get to wear those really cute scrub jackets with the cute designs on them? For awhile I was getting a uniform catalog for nurses (I’d ordered a gift for my sister - she’s an RN), & they had the most adorable scrubs. I thought about getting some for me, but figured that would be “cheating”, since I’m not in the medical profession! Sorry you're getting the cold weather.

Tea Granny, one pound lost is GOOD! I figure as we get older, it’s better to lose slow - gives our body time to adjust. And heck, if you lose 1 pound a week for a year, that’s 52 pounds! So, Yay! for you!

Bunti, hope there was nothing too bad wrong with your car. I know, from experience, that a lot of times that check engine light can just indicate some minor problem. We drove our old van a couple of years with the check engine light on. Never did find out what was wrong, but it ran fine. Of course these newer cars are more complicated, computers & all. Good luck! Try not to work too hard.

Rosey, eating that small amount, you have to be losing. Good for DH for being supportive!

KarenMO, that's a lot of snow! Are you trying to catch up with Lynn & Zoe? You sure are doing great on the weight loss!

Well, things to do & books to read. Later y'all.
NCNancy

Karen31 02-01-2011 06:26 PM

Lynn-- here you go---- http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

I don't download them, I just right click and "save as"

maryea 02-01-2011 06:31 PM

I hate this netbook! It's so tiny and kinda slow and when I'm typing every now and then I accidentally hit something and lose everything! Will try again...

Rosey I don't see how you live on so little but know you have to and I'm proud of you!

I did well on my eating plan yesterday along with the walking, so yea for me...it's about time! LOL So far I'm on track today ...had lunch out but we shared.

I did laundry this am then we went out to get our cash for the next couple weeks. Looked for a market we heard about but couldn't find it and decided to give it up instead of wasting more gas. Diesel is SO expensive down here! Saw one place it was $4!! Mostly though we pay $3.60+ Anyway we came home so I could get the first of the month budgeting stuff done....and I'm off $25.40 and going crazy trying to find it! I will but it takes me a while some times.

Joe made a change in our trip plans so we will be seeing our youngest dd again before we head north.

glynne 02-01-2011 07:08 PM

Maybe if I close the blinds so I can't see the wind blowing, I won't think I am so cold :dizzy:

I don't envy Zoe, Lynn and Karen MO and anyone else who is having such cold and snow right now.

lynard21 02-01-2011 08:04 PM

Quick check in. We just returned from a whirl-wind trip from MA to Long Island via car and ferry to take care of some business with an apartment we inherited 18 months ago. We had very bad tenant problems and had to go to court...anyway we were able to mediate a solution so things are better...but my eating was bad as we stopped at Burger King twice!

Weather was bad coming home tonite. Supposed to be rain/ice mix tonite and tomorrow.

Z...please be extra careful on your trip. My prayers are with you and your sis and nephew.

I tried to attach a picture of our kitty, Bianca, to my signature...hope it worked.

later...Lyn

Gwen 02-01-2011 08:48 PM

This laptop doesn't do any better! Just lost my 5 minutes of posting...:mad: OOO I need a real keyboard.

I LOVE Stephanie Plum!!! Being raised in NJ I can totally relate to her!

Sandra Bullock and Betty White have my vote. Who could we assign Joe Morelli and ... ooo... who's the other one???

Nora Roberts is another writer I enjoy. And Catherine Camp. Does anyone have recommendations for other authors?

ladyinweighting 02-02-2011 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

Lost my electricity - thank goodness for air cards & laptops.

Karen, thank you for the link. I need to save that someplace safe. The funny photo of my cats is attached. I was taking photo for my course & clicked just when Harry yawned. Makes it look like he is screaming.

Lyn, your Bianca looks just like my Harry (when Harry is not yawning).

Lynn