Old 01-21-2011, 08:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 299lbs

Height: 4' 11"

Default Hello there I am new to the forum....

Hello there,

I am new to this forum and I am a little lost at the moment, so I hope I am writing in the right place.

I am a 64 year old retired nurse, and due to health health over the last 10 years (I have MS & Rheumatoid Arthritis) my weight has srept up and got out of control.

I have never been a small 'gal' but never as big as I am now....

I started at 316lbs in January 2010, and after a set back in my health during that year I re-started again in January this year (2011) and my starting weight was 299lbs, currently I am 287.5lbs.

I am following the UK Slimming World diet, and am positive and in the 'zone' as the youngster's say today......

I live in the East of England in the UK.

I am hoping to meet ladies who are struggling with their weight too, and hopefully I can get some help and encouragement.

Hope to speak again soon, love Donnie x

Last edited by Donnie46; 01-21-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Donnie46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #2  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Donnie ~ come join us on the Golden Girls thread ~ real nice bunch of ladies. We're always glad to have one more.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #3  

Hi Donnie. Welcome, always room for one more. I second Gayles invitation to check out the Golden Girls. Just jump right in!!!

I don't know about the UK Slimming World Diet, but it seems to be working for you. Good job!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/143/150

Height: 5'6"

Hello Donnie,

Welcome & congrats on the start you have made. If I am not mistaken that Slimming World diet is a Low Glycemic one. There is a lot of discssion you might be interested in on the 50+ Carb Counters thread (some of us aren't super low carb, but more like watching carbs & trying to choose the healthier ones). I am a retired Psych Nurse (please don't ask me medical questions after 20+ yrs in psychiatry) & I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis, so I have some understanding of that struggle. Hang in there. The weight may come off slower, but it will happen. Good Luck!
joyful retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #6  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome!
I would like to suggest that you also check out the 100 lb. Club. It is great for those of us with 100 pounds or more to lose. Also, reading the success stories in the Goals forum really inspired me.

Last edited by time2lose; 01-24-2011 at 10:01 AM.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 140/140/110

Height: 5'

Hi Donnie. I am new, also, and looking forward to maintaining my motivation with this wonderful group of friends.
dogsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #8  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Hi All - I'm sort of new - joined in Jan/11. I agree the Golden Girls thread is awesome & the 100 lb group also. The support here is great to say the least. Yes, and dogs do rule! I have a 8yr old ShihTzu (Baxter); can't imagine my life without a dog. Good luck everyone & lets keep on keeping on. .
Laffalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie46 View Post
Hello there,

I am new to this forum and I am a little lost at the moment, so I hope I am writing in the right place.

I am a 64 year old retired nurse, and due to health health over the last 10 years (I have MS & Rheumatoid Arthritis) my weight has srept up and got out of control.

I have never been a small 'gal' but never as big as I am now....

I started at 316lbs in January 2010, and after a set back in my health during that year I re-started again in January this year (2011) and my starting weight was 299lbs, currently I am 287.5lbs.

I am following the UK Slimming World diet, and am positive and in the 'zone' as the youngster's say today......

I live in the East of England in the UK.

I am hoping to meet ladies who are struggling with their weight too, and hopefully I can get some help and encouragement.

Hope to speak again soon, love Donnie x
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsrule View Post
Hi Donnie. I am new, also, and looking forward to maintaining my motivation with this wonderful group of friends.
Hi Ladies,

WELCOME!!! Please feel free and jump in on one or both of our 50+ daily threads - Carb Counters & Golden Girls. We LOVE to make new friends.

Lynn (one of the Golden Girls)
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote