Old 12-31-2010, 07:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Drinking Water to Lose Weight?

Hi Everyone! I'm going to finally try posting on here after reading the Golden Girl threads almost daily for several months. (Just have to keep checking in to see what all the G.G.'s are up to!) I read Bobbi's post about drinking water & losing weight, & wondered if that has anything to do with what's going on with me.
In Sept. or Oct. there was a challenge on here about doing 4 things every day for a month. I thought I'd try it, but the only one of the 4 I picked, that I was at all consistant with, was to drink at least 60 oz. of water every day. At that time I was down to about 190lbs. (from 250lbs. in June of 2009), & was mainly concentrating on maintenance. For some reason, I've always been good at losing weight, but never really tried to maintain it. Of course I wanted to lose more weight, but I wasn't really trying. Anyway, I've continued drinking the water, even gotten sort of obsessive about it! I drink at least a 24oz. glass of water first thing in the morning, & before I eat anything - snack or meal, & whenever I feel the least bit hungry. I'm sure I drink at least 120 oz. of water every day, probably more, & I've never liked water!
I'm now down to 167lbs., & I've pretty much lost the urge to overeat all the time. I'm 54yrs. old, & my weight has only been in the 160's 3 or 4 times in my whole adult life (& never stayed there more than a week or 2), & I've always struggled with overeating. This is not like me! I like it, but I'm afraid it won't last. Could it be the water??!!!
Nancyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:13 PM   #2  

I need my water! It doesn't necessarily prevent me from overeating, but it helps. I get dehydrated really easy and also live in a dry climate. If I don't get my gallon a day of water, I start to feel crappy. Headaches, dry elbows, dry feet, dry eyes, all that.

I'd say the water *is* helping you, one way or another, so keep drinking!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #3  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

The main thing about drinking plenty of water is that it keeps the toxins flushed out of your system and there's a lot swimming about when you go on a diet. Added to that a good drink before a meal can help to fill up the stomach and prevent eating too much. It has been said that sometimes if you are really craving something to eat it can actually be that you really need a drink instead. I've tried that and found it very true.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote