Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 03:45 AM   #76  
small goals

S/C/G: 241/171/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I first came to this site months ago, got all fired up to lose weight, got buried in things to do, and let it all slide. I have "stalked" this thread now and then, you all seem like such good friends it almost feels like party crashing. Just wanted to say hi and that it's nice to read the chit chat.
Becky
Old 01-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #77  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Nice and sunny here right now ~ yippee ~ love that sunshine.

Welcome Becky ~ looking forward to getting to know you.

Debbie and Nancy ~ I used to live in NC (Greensboro and worked in Winston-Salem) before moving her. Moved here to be near the kids and grandkids.

Hello to everyone else ~ better get the laundry started then I can play

Take care
Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #78  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in...

Yes, "kith" is relatives and friends that you choose! "Kith and kin" is an old-fashioned phrase...

Looks like it might be a tad warmer today. It's already 45 and it's just 9 a.m. I haven't taken kitty in his stroller because of the cold and the ice on the sidewalks/streets, but today might be warm enough. Of course, I'll get busy running amok and will end up putting it off until tomorrow... but I'm going to TRY for today!

No news, no words of wisdom, no reason to take up this space! PT/Zoe, let us know what you found out from the SSI folks. Bobbi, hope the headaches are gone. Lynn and KarenMO, have fun exercising (eiuuuu)! Everyone... Rosey, Freda, Mary, KarenFLO, everyone... later! Be safe.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #79  

Morning everyone. Just starting to snow here. Can't take time to post as I will need extra commute time today. Just wanted to get into the habit of checking in.

Thanks for the words of support regarding my "slip", yesterday was right on plan, and now that I have identified popcorn as a trigger for me, I will be very careful with it. (I am trying to learn to never say never, except for my allergy foods, they are "never".)

Have a terrific day everyone!! I will check back this evening after work.

Last edited by Bunti; 01-06-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #80  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I am so addicted to my computer.
It was running very, very slow and I kept getting a box with the annoying 'not responding' message. I took it into a computer geek on Tuesday and I just got it back now. (I felt like I'd lost my best friend) I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow and I have a zillion emails to go through. I use the AVG anti-virus program and thought my computer was free of viruses.
WRONG, that's why it was running so slow. The CP geek clean them all out (35+ virus he found) and put two programs on my desktop to use once a month. He said they are free programs and the two programs will find and fix any future viruses. I'm telling you all this so you can look into the free programs and use them to keep your computer running smooth. The first one is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and the other one is Super AntiSpyware. After I click on them, he said to check there program for updates before I run the scan so the program doesn't miss any new viruses. Check it out and see ya all tomorrow...
Donna...I still wake up in the night with a migraine most nights, this morning I didn't have one. Doc said it'd take awhile of constantly re-positioning my neck vertebrae until they stay where there're suppose to. That's causing my neck and shoulder muscles to get inflamed/knotted up and triggering my migraines. It's like a vicious circle
Old 01-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #81  
Want to feel better

Taking a break from chores and such and thought I'd check in. Had a good weigh in yesterday. I'm glad the holidays are over. I did good last week, and am feeling like I want to not mess up and make some progress finally. I even passed up those evil Cadbury eggs I saw at Walmart yesterday.

Ok, back to work.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Take care
Old 01-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #82  
Catthill

S/C/G: 303/197/170

Height: 5'5"

Hi Golden Girls
I'm Nancy 27togo, and her is a bit of Info on me. I retired at the end of Oct. '10 and moved back to Michigan in Nov. I bought a house in Midland, MI. My Kids and Grandkids live here.
Everything about retirement is new. It was busy what with moving and the holidays but is settling down now. I know I'm going to have to work at getting enought exercise. I have been walking at a mall 3-4 times a week and need to do it every day. I can't believe how many people there are walking every morning.

I am emotional eater and have lots of other excuses to eat. I had gastric bypass 2 years ago and lost a lot of weight but for 2010, I lost then gained while moving & during holidays and finished up exactly where I began. (197#) over eating is going to be my big thing that needs work.

I love the out of doors and get out a lot more in spring-summer-fall. It's cold here in winter(Michigan) but I do go out but now for very long.

I like reading what everyone is doing and seeing that I'm not the only one with problems.

Rosie, I'd love to see a picture of the quilt. I have always wanted to quilt but felt I didn't have the time. I just signed up for 2 quilting classes. I now have the time!

Nancy-27
Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #83  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Haaalllllllllloooooooo! Here I am, still feeling icky, but can't help being happy that I am on Day 6 of my return to healthy eating program, and am feeling a whole lot better on that front. Hiya to you new folks, welcome, and join in as you like. We are definitely NOT closed to new people, and are more than happy to have you. If we seem like old friends, it's because we have become that way from checking in on each other on a regular basis, and learning about each other, and spending time chatting with each other. And of course, we all share the need to lose weight and keep it off.
PT, I am always missing somebody when I try to do "personals", always hate it when I realize it, and always make up my mind NOT to do them anymore. But they sneak up on me, so I just go ahead and let the chips fall where they may. All the GG's know that I love them...if I can't remember their name all the time, well, hey...I'm a golden girl, not some young, quick on the draw twenty-something! Kinda goes with the territory, doesn't it?
Okay, gotta run...hugs to all...dang those headaches, Bobbi....I just wish they'd go away all by themselves!

Z
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #84  
Want to feel better

Welcome Nancy-27 ~ you are definatly not alone. Glad you've joined us. I think you'll like it here ~ wonderful bunch of ladies.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #85  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola!
Bobbi, I just signed in to say thanks for the antivirus info. I've used Malaware for years (but it never occurred to me to update it... duh!), and I just installed and ran the SuperAntiSpyware. Between the three programs that I use regularly (and rotate), I figured I was in pretty good shape. Super found a lot of those damn and annoying cookies, which it deleted for me. It feels perkier! So, thanks, and I now have a rotation of four anti viral/spyware! Nothing should get through!!

Went to Village Inn with my stepdaughter, and it went through me before I left the restaurant! I don't know what they add to their food! I quit going to BlackEyed Pea for the same reason, and now I guess I'll have to think about eliminating VI, too... and the smothered chicken breast was WONDERFUL. Oh, well!

Later........
Old 01-07-2011, 12:37 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey Golden Girls!
Yesterday was a very productive day for me, finally! I decided I was just going to keep on calling & calling those danged insurance companies until I got some answers, so I did! After what seemed like hours of listening to phones ringing & ringing til someone picked up, & then more hours of really bad “elevator music”, I finally got the info I needed. It wasn’t what I wanted to hear, but at least now I know what I’m dealing with.

There was some good news though. SO had an appointment at the Dr.’s office, & we saw the PA. He said they’d been getting good reports on SO’s progress with the physical therapy, & that maybe when he comes back in 6 weeks, they might let him go back to work. I’m not really going to hope for that, it seems awful soon, & he has a really strenuous job. But….., it does sound like he’ll be back at work quite a bit sooner than we were expecting. Yay!

It sounds like a lot of you have connections with NC. It is a pretty state (but aren’t they all?). I really love the mountains, growing up in FL I never saw any. Never saw snow either, but I’m not so crazy about that anymore.

KarenFL, that explanation for the term halfwayer makes sense. I think it’s strange I’ve never heard it before.

Zoe, a lot of people from FL do still spend summers here, I think mostly in the mountains. My SO’s daughter is going to college in a small mountain town north of here. She worked in a store there this past summer, & she said it seemed like most of the people who came in were from FL.

Becky, I agree with you about the party crashing. I feel the same way, but it seems like such a nice party, so I just had to join in! And now another new Nancy. I hope that doesn’t get confusing.

Wow. It's really late, or should I say early? I think I need to get to bed now. Night, everyone.

Nancy
Old 01-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 252

Height: 5'11''

I just read GONNADOITTHISTIME's post - and saw that nobody responded to her! So I understand about feeling like a party crasher, however I felt that as a Golden Girl myself, this is probably the place to alight, at least initially! Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year, and that we all reach our goals for a happier, healthier life! If some good weight loss is part of that, so be it! I'm doing Atkins, which is fantastic as long as you stick with it - and I'm actually working as a personal chef for an elderly man who has over 100 lbs to lose, so I should have it made, right? We'll see. I have real trouble with going "off" regimen and doing inexplicable things like buying a french fries from MacDonalds (yesterday), or eating a pint of Haagendazs (not since 2010, however). Have managed to lose five pounds since New Years Eve (though the french fries put one pound right back on, this morning). My goal is to learn how to talk myself out of this sort of "impulse eating" - so any tips would be gratefully received. And, GONNADOITRIGHTTHISTIME, I'd love to join you!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 AM   #88  

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all,

It's snowing again. Not a lot, but it's sticking. Cold too. But this is Michigan and it's winter. So it was expected.

Nancy, You will soon feel like an invited guest instead of a party crasher. It just takes time. We've been together a long time and been through a lot. so make yourself at home. and don't worry about the 2 Nancy's. We have 2 Karens and we have no problem with that. I think the other is Nancy-27. Glad you got some answers from the insurance co.

Donna, I knew it was an "old saying" just wasn't sure what Kith ment. And i like some of my kith as much a kin. I need to run the spyware too. My computer is running like molasses.

Glynn, I hope you have a good Play Day!

Z, I always hate if when I forget to mention someone too, it's never intentional. But like you I have senior moments.

Nancy-27, I'm from Michigan too. And yeah, it would be pretty hard to walk outside right now. Lots of mall walkers around though. I think most of us gained a little over the Holidays and need to re-comit! You are not alone!

Lynn, I hope you and DD are having fun.

Bobbi, I'm sure I've got some virus in here now and i'm gearing for a melt down soon. I'm going to download the anti-viral programs that were mentioned and hope they help. Funny how they can get throught the viral programs you pay for.

Becky, welcome and come back often. I hope that soon you feel like a invited guest too, because you are. I look forward to getting to know you.

Lola, we must ahve been posting at the same time. Welcome. You're a personal chef? That's a good thing, If you're cooking for someone that wants to lose. What do you do when it's for a party that isnt'? I can see where that would be a hard thing to do. congratulations on the weight loss. One thing I do to stop those "drive by's" is to always have something in the car to eat when I'm starving and on the road. Plan..that's my motto for everything!

Where are the Karen's? Good busy i hope.

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 01-07-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning and Welcome to all the new people! We always have room at the table for more and if we don't heck we'll get a bigger table!!

Gonnadoitthistime--I have just started with a Wii Fit game. In fact, I played around with it yesterday to just get the feel of what was going on. It will only let you plug in to lose 22 pounds at a time, if I'm doing it right. So you are right on track thinking 20 pounds at a time. I set it up this morning and now I need to sdjust my ticker (yes, again) it has to go up! But am hoping that the wii keeps me motivated.
LolaCrane--Welcome to you too. Good luck with your plan and keep us updated on how you are doing.
Well, I think I am going to go and jump on the wii this morning before the day gets away from me. Be back later.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:08 AM   #90  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Good mornin' folks....home again this morning, plan to stay that way. Snow predicted for this afternoon, evening, and into tomorrow. I'm feeling a *little* better, but definitely not 100%, so the last thing I need is to be trying to drive home 50 miles through a snowstorm. I'm taking a pass. DH & I did our grocery shopping yesterday - usually do it on Saturday mornings, but with the weather predictions being what they are, figured we'd better get it out of the way. Possibly won't get hit; so far, we've managed to get through the winter with only one major snowstorm to speak of, and that was a coastal storm - where I live, 50 miles or more from the coast, we only got 5 or 6 inches followed by temperatures in the 40's and low 50's, so what we had is all melted away. Now, THIS storm doesn't appear to be a coastal one, so we'll see what we get this time around. We were supposed to have snow flurries through the night, but so far, nada. Oh, brother, the weather maps are showing heavy rain through FL.....don't know how that will impact Lynn's daughter's marathon. Maybe she's already done it, come to think of it. Let's hope. Karen3, is it raining there now?
Well, now that I've given a complete and up-to-date local (and FL) weather report, I guess I can move on to other things...
MARY. How long was her holiday visit supposed to be, anyway? Or was she going south for the winter? So Cal, right? They've had chaotic, terrible storms recently. Where is Mary?
Nancy...hmmmm...I guess it'll have to be Nancy1 and Nancy2. Guess you're Nancy1, Ms. YoYo (I'd call you yo yo, but then I'd think I was talking to myself! ). Yes Ma'am, snow DOES lose it's charm rather quickly, I'm sure. Having lived with it all my life, I loved it as a child and young adult, and didn't even mind it too much when I was raising my kids because they enjoyed playing in it..sliding and skiing in it...so much, but now that I'm an oldie, I have no use for it. It makes pretty pictures, but I'd just as soon NOT be the one taking them, thanks all the same. Good news, by the way, about your SO. I'm hoping that my dh goes back to work...even part-time would be fine...because having him home & retired has not been on my top ten list of favorite lifestyles, let me tell you. PLUS, I may want to retire sooner rather than later, and I'm not so sure about our being together 24/7. I am a person who needs her space, and never having my house to myself is a bit of a challenge for me to manage.
I am forwarding that antivirus info to my dh, Bobbi. Having lived most of his life as a well-paid software engineer who now stays home and collects a pension that amounts to a very small percentage of what he is capable of earning, I expect him to handle and properly maintain all things technological.
Oh, that sounded mean, didn't it? I don't mean it QUITE so harshly as it sounds, but c'mon. If I'm still working and he's not, he can at least do basic cleaning chores around the house, help with the cooking & clean up, and take care of our computers, right? PLUS, I'm still feeling under the weather, and have no patience left.
Nice that you still spend time with your stepdaughter, PT. Divorce certainly creates an interesting family dynamic, doesn't it? My former sister-in-law, who was 20 years older than my ex just passed away in MD. My two daughters who live close to me are driving down to the funeral. My ex & his current wife are going, and my other, older daughter, who lives an hour away from me, is driving down with them. In the face of a snow storm approaching, it seems a tad crazy to me. But they said that all the cousins from near and far are planning to be there, so it sounds more like a family reunion than a funeral. I know that what I'm feeling is unreasonable and inappropriate, but I do feel some resentment - and you know, I'm not sure why? I need to work that one out, don't I?
Hi Nancy2 (27-to-go). Michigan, huh? Yep, I hear it gets mighty cold up there. Yikes. I know what you're saying about being near the grandkiddos, though. That's how we are, too.
Good going with your weigh-in, Gayle! It'll be another week or so before I dare get near a scale, but I'm happy to say that I'm starting Day 7 without a single slip all week long. (Yay me, too! ) Looks like we're doing it, huh, kid?
Hi back at you, Bunti. Hi Becky.
Hey, Karen31, you sound like you mean business about reclaiming your "woman cave"! The son better clear up his gear! As for retiring early - yup, I think I'm gonna do it. Now, I just have to plan to DO it, if you know what I mean. I got all the info, it sounds very do-able, and now I just have to make up my mind to take that giant leap....yikes!
Karen3, I think you're probably right about the school yard germs. The twins have had a stomach virus (according to their doc, it's been going around like crazy, and lasts for 48 hours) and I've tried to stay away from that...and at the same time, had to keep my cold/flu/whatever the heck it is ...away from them. And I miss those little guys like crazy! I need to get myself well just so I can go play with them! They are over their virus, my mess is just hanging on for dear life, it seems.
Freda, I can't/won't count my shoes. It would take more time than I have left. Some, I don't even wear, it's true. I need to wade through them all, determine which ones my dd might want (ONE daughter wears the same size shoes as me) and drop the rest into a Salvation Army box. When it comes to impulse buying, it's really shoes that I'm the worst with. Some I try on at the store, and they feel fine, but when I actually wear them, I find that they pinch or rub or something, and so I wear them the one time and they go back in their box, never to be taken out again. Sad. Good grief.
Okay, should I know who Web Woman is? She's not a new moderator or something, is she? Just saw that one kind of odd (?) post a couple of days ago? Anybody have a clue?
Rosey, how are you doing? What's up? Hope you're restraining yourself on those shimmies...at least until you get you some undies that'll stay up!
Hi Emaline.
Okay, who'd I miss? (Sorry). (Besides Isabella, I mean).

Z
Closed Thread