Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:38 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,

This afternoon, I pick up my DD & SIL at the airport. I'm looking forward to their homecoming. I miss them when they're away.

I lost one pound this week for my Red BL Challenge team.

Lynn
Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #227  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancyoyo View Post
Lynn, you are so tiny! If you were to get down to your original goal weight, how would you ever find clothes small enough for you?!!NCNancy
Hi NCNancy,

This store's sizes do not run like those of other stores. They have 0 (size 4-6), 1 (size 8-10), 2 (size 12-14), and 3 (size 16-18).

Still plenty of lower sizes I can strive for.

Lynn
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 AM   #228  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in this morning.

Mary, I hope you had a nice birthday, wherever your RV has taken you!

NCNancy, regarding men: I've been around the block so many times I've worn a groove, but I've learned a few things. I can turn a man into a quivering mass of protoplasm within minutes (and NOT in a good way!)... they forget how to pick up a phone, close a cupboard, put away a dish, flush the toilet, pick up a towel, and they look at this big ol' butt and say "MOMMY! You can cook!!". Well, I'm not willing to be mommy or maid to any man ever again, and I've been alone for more years than I was with anyone. I just don't want to be responsible to or for anyone again. My upbringing did not include anyone taking care of me, but I was responsible for "the boys", so alone wasn't any big shock to my system.

Lynn, WHERE is this wonderful and fantastic store that turns a size 16 into a size 3? I might actually be willing to shop if I didn't feel like BehemothUnleashed in those places! You're doing so well with your program! You and KarenMO will be vying for the Best-In-Class award!

Better get rolling! Looks like it might be pretty nice here today, and SamCat and I might be able to take advantage of it!

Later, my lovelies! PT/Zoe, Karens, Freda, Rosey, Mary, Bobbi, Emaline, anyone and everyone........ warm, dry, and safe!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #229  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

FIRST, must thank you, thank you, and thanks again for that black bean veggie burger recipe, PT!!! Dh and I both are hugely appreciative! I made a batch last night - had a hunch we were going to like them, and doubled the recipe. The only change I made was to add about a half cup of grated carrot, and substitute ground Fiber One cereal for the breadcrumbs. I made 6 largish patties from the doubled recipe, as the original recipe said it made 4, but 8 patties would have been a little smaller than we like them. Had it on pita bread with lots of shredded lettuce and some shredded Mexican cheese - we were going to add sliced tomato, but ended up leaving it off - and some lite Miracle Whip. The burgers were just the right degree of spicy, and really, really yummy! (I'm thinking Karen3, with your love of beans, you might really like these, too). I froze 4 burgers for future meals. SO delish! We're thinking maybe to garnish next time with some mashed avocado and salsa. I think, PT, that you have introduced a new staple into our diets. TWO cautions, however: we took a whopping dose of Beano, and therefore suffered no unpleasant or embarrassing aftereffects ; failure to do so could be a tad...um....well, never mind. And, once you've had these, you will, I guarantee, be forever spoiled on those frozen veggie patties you buy at the supermarket. The difference is pretty phenomenal. Makes the store-bought ones seem like you're eating a flavored mass of moistened wood shavings.
NCNancy, yeah. About giving the men a slap. Well, I'm afraid that I haven't got much tolerance for men who need to be slapped in order to behave the way I'd like them to at this stage in my life. After having been married to a narcissistic nincompoop for way more years than I should've been, my last nerve gets worked real quick. As in, don't even get me started, because your bags will be packed and out on the front step in about a New York minute! Honey, don't waste your time brooding over an argument with your SO. Ever heard the term "fake it 'til you make it"? ACT like you don't give a good you know what, and pretty soon you won't have to put so much effort into acting, and HE'LL be wondering what's up with YOU. Keep 'em off balance...that's MY motto!
Lyn, yup. Men who have had active, engaging careers tend to THINK they can't wait to retire, and then, all of sudden it hits them that they aren't DOING anything any more. Hopefully, yours will find something that interests him - I'm thrilled beyond words that mine finally got involved over at Old Sturbridge Village. How far away are you from the Plimoth Plantation? Your hubby did some acting in community theater, didn't he? He might enjoy costumed historical interpretation (You might, too, come to think of it). Mine is enjoying himself immensely.
Looks like everyone's pretty much busy with their long holiday weekend. Gotta love 'em, huh? We're babysitting the twinnies this afternoon so dd & sil can go out to a movie and dinner together. They don't get to do it very often.
Enjoy your reunion with family, Lynn!
Have a good day, all you lovely GG's!!

Z
Old 01-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #230  

Morning everyone,its -24 below zero this am and im freezing..i have layers of clothes on ,2 pairs of socks,and cuddeled up with daisey,a heating pad,blankie and a book and im staying put.nothing new going on here for all rosey
Old 01-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Snicker Snicker Just had to share it!!

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and
wisdom in our heads that when there

is no more room, it distributes out
to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't
heavy, we are enormously cultured,
educated and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my butt

in the mirror I will think,
“Good grief, look how smart I am!”
Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

good morning afternoon and evening.....gesh typed this 3 different times and lost it. Just checking in as am live and doing nothing special. Finished level one and had 1/4 of a baked potato with dinner last night. No whoopee just had not other choice. Salad for dinner tonight and lots of unsweet tea.....have no idea why but that acts like a diatretic and gets rid of any excess salts etc.....WI in the morning.

Rosie....I can't image temps that low. I'd stay under the covers for weeks.

Zoe....tomorrow is make the pot of vegie day. And now I know I have to add blackbeans to the pot. OMG I love blackbeans and rice Cuban style. Some day I'll make some when can eat just a small serving not the whole pot.

DD has 2 new born baby goats she is hand feeding. They are so premie that they can't suck from a bottle yet. She is feeding with a syringe 18cc every 2hrs. Did you know they make something called Goat Start? For new baby goats...don't know why but that name tickles me. Oh and one baby is dusrty rose color. So we now have our own Rosie!

Stay warm you all.....hugs,karen3

hey they popped up.....they aren't being fed oil that was just to show how tiny they are
Old 01-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #233  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Snicker Snicker Just had to share it!!

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and
wisdom in our heads that when there

is no more room, it distributes out
to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't
heavy, we are enormously cultured,
educated and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my butt

in the mirror I will think,
“Good grief, look how smart I am!”
Oh now I get it!! That's what has happened to me! LOL Only kin my case it has only made it to my middle.

Last edited by maryea; 01-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #234  

Height: 5'3"

Jess, my birthday is next month, but we will still be traveling. Not sure where we'll be by then....I leave the RV traveling plans to my dh. We are enjoying beautiful weather here in Ehrenberg. The big tent is in Quartzite, so we will be going there next week. Kind of like an RVers Fair and flea market for those who
have been been. We walked for 30 min this am. AND, I did NOT go to the ice cream social this afternoon! I'm so proud of me!! LOL
Old 01-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #235  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Yo!
Mary, the birthday list is wrong, has you listed as January 15th. In case we forget, happy birthday in advance!!!

PT/Zoe, glad you liked the veggie burgers!!

KarenFL, did you see the video of the baby goats dancing? It's adorable, and I'll try to track it down, if you haven't seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4_EdJ-XkUA

Until the morrow.......

Last edited by jess1; 01-16-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey G.G.s,
KarenMO, just saw your post. Hilarious! I’ll definitely have to share it with all the really “smart” women I know!

KarenFL, the baby goats are so adorable, almost makes me want one, but I know better. About 10 or 11 years ago, I saw the cutest baby goat at a flea market & I just had to have him (SO tried to talk me out of it, but I wouldn’t listen). Got him home & SO built him a pen, but couldn’t keep him in it - he’d get out! Tried chaining him up, but he’d get loose. We’d named him Henry, but it should have been Houdini - he could escape from anything! And my neighbors have a vegetable garden. Fortunately, SO kept him so well fed he never left the yard, but I always worried. Turns out goats aren’t very interesting, or affectionate. At least mine wasn’t. He just wandered around the yard, & ate & ate (but only goat food - never weeds or grass), until he was so fat he could barely walk. We finally found someone that raised goats, & gave him to them (we were assured he'd be used for breeding). Last time we saw him, he was running around with the other goats & having a good ole time. Maybe he was just lonely. No more goats for me! And those every 2 hour feedings - I had more than enough of that with my 2 little abandoned kitties last year. I hope your daughter has help!

Zoe, thanks for the advice. I’m a lot better about not getting so upset over arguments than I used to be, & SO doesn’t start them as much as he did. I really think he was trying to “toughen me up”, & thinks I am “tougher” now. (When we first started going out he said I was too gullible, but I’m pretty sure he meant vulnerable, from other things he said, & he wanted to "fix" that.) And, when he yelled at me the other night, I demanded he apologize, & he did! So, good for me! I must admit I have been a bit of a doormat in the past, but I’m over that.

Donna, I really admire strong women like you (& Zoe!) who don’t need a man in their life. (I know - Zoe has one, but I’m sure she’d be perfectly fine on her own, if need be.) One good thing about being old(er), is knowing & accepting who you are. I enjoy taking care of others, especially the man in my life, & I have no desire to be totally independent. That’s just who I am, & I'm ok with it. But, about those men expecting you to be Mommy or maid, aren’t ALL men that way?!! Mine always have been! I sorta consider it a job (being Mommy/maid), & I'd rather be home cooking & cleaning than getting out & going to work every day! I've done that & I really don't like it. And, I was starting to get a little upset with you for talking about your “big ol’ butt” (I know at your height & weight you can’t be that big!), but then I read KarenMO’s post & realized you were just talking about how smart you are!

Lynn, like Donna, I want to know where that store is. I’d be a size 2?!! Might be worth the trip to be able to say that. I still think you’re little, but, good for you on the 1 lb. loss! Yay!!

Rosey, minus 24 degrees, I can’t even begin to imagine that! Brrrrrr! Try to stay warm, & enjoy that book.

Speaking of books, once again it seems like I was trying to write one. Guess I should stop!

'Night Everyone.
NCNancy
Old 01-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Good Morning, All...
Quick check in this morning.

Mary, I hope you had a nice birthday, wherever your RV has taken you!

NCNancy, regarding men: I've been around the block so many times I've worn a groove, but I've learned a few things. I can turn a man into a quivering mass of protoplasm within minutes (and NOT in a good way!)... they forget how to pick up a phone, close a cupboard, put away a dish, flush the toilet, pick up a towel, and they look at this big ol' butt and say "MOMMY! You can cook!!". Well, I'm not willing to be mommy or maid to any man ever again, and I've been alone for more years than I was with anyone. I just don't want to be responsible to or for anyone again. My upbringing did not include anyone taking care of me, but I was responsible for "the boys", so alone wasn't any big shock to my system.

Lynn, WHERE is this wonderful and fantastic store that turns a size 16 into a size 3? I might actually be willing to shop if I didn't feel like BehemothUnleashed in those places! You're doing so well with your program! You and KarenMO will be vying for the Best-In-Class award!

Better get rolling! Looks like it might be pretty nice here today, and SamCat and I might be able to take advantage of it!

Later, my lovelies! PT/Zoe, Karens, Freda, Rosey, Mary, Bobbi, Emaline, anyone and everyone........ warm, dry, and safe!

Hi Donna,

Here is the link to find a Chico's store near you - http://www.chicos.com/store/store_locator.jsp
Old 01-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #238  

Hi Everyone,

I need advice. I have been feeling REALLY old since I let me hair turn gray. I'm thinking of coloring it again. Some shade of blondish/red. However, I feel like I'm selling out. I am 65 years old. My hair is gray.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Lynn
Old 01-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #239  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, just back from Dr. Bones, I'm doing better, headaches aren't every day.......sometimes I skip a day.
Lynn... If coloring your hair makes you feel better about yourself.........go for it. You just have to remember to touch up your roots and if your hair grows fast, good luck on that one. I've thought of dying my hair but it's baby fine and putting any chemicals in it scares me. I never have perms because the last one broke off all my hair on top.
I'll do personals tomorrow when I get to stay home. Right now I have lots of stuff to do.
Donna...okay, give us the recipe for those burgers you and Zoe are making.
Later.........

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-17-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Default Hello - I'm new

Hi Everyone
I am 51 years old and trying to lose the 70 pounds that I have been dragging around for far too long. I would really like to join you all - you seem like such a wonderfully supportive group.
I did post in the Introduction forum yesterday, and will fill in some bio information later if that is okay. I'm trying the old WW plan because I have the books and it worked 11 years ago - but now I'm coping with full blown menopause and the beginnings of Insulin Resistance - both seem to make the weight pile on and be very reluctant to come off. I'm not going to give up though!!!
Closed Thread