Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #211  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Donna ~ Samcat is beautiful. He looks so soft. Nice picture of him and the other picture was nice too. They are such good company.

Hello to everyone. Off to work here soon.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Lynn, this humongous picture is 39 kb, so it shouldn't show up this big!! I followed the directions.... user cp, add signature picture (at bottom), browse, upload, blah, blah, blah, blah.......... I'm going to try Karen's shrinkpicture.com..... weird, huh?
Hi Donna,

You have a "size 3" in your code line. Try deleting that.

Lynn
Old 01-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #213  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Just trying out KarenMo's resizing site.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resized frost.jpg (22.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #214  
Bobbi

Thanks KarenMo.........this is the first time in months and months that I was able to post a picture. One question, where do you put the re-sized photo. I put it in my pictures, then couldn't find it. I had to put it on my desktop shortcut to find it.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Bobbi, I either put it in my pictures or documents---sometimes it is hard to find but they are there. I made a folder for pics for 3fc and I try to put them in that folder. Is that a picture of the snow outside your house? So far we have only had one snow here this year and it was about an inch and now it is all gone. I'm sure we may get some more but usually around the last of February or first of March are weather starts turning springlike.

Donna, I don't know what is going on with yours...Samcat is gorgeous though!

I think if I can get things going around here I will go over to my Aunts and help her set up the little 3 gallon aquarium I got her for Christmas. She loves fish but I didn't want to get a big aquarium for her-- they are so much work.

Be back later.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #216  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, MARY!!!!!!!!!! I hope it's a good one, especially now that you're back on the road ag'in.........

KarenMO, I tried shrinkpicture.com... it shrunk, but I couldn't figure out how or where to save it, so I've given up in despair. I get frustrated when things don't work for me and then I say "pfffffffft" (and such things as that)! But it DID shrink it! I've given up on having a picture as part of my signature.

Lynn, your classes sound fun... Now, are you taking all five this time or one at a time? And which did you choose? Is this classroom or online instruction? Also, I thought your answer to Emaline was spot on... very thoughtful and wise. I always think getting things out is a good thing, so they don't fester; however, your advice to do so with a trained person is very good.

Glynne, I love the pet box idea! Yes, my SamCat is very soft and very loving and very loved. It's going to be so, so hard when he goes... I hope it isn't for a long time yet.

PT/Zoe, did you actually get to the SS office for information and advice? I think September would be a good date to shoot for, yes... not so far away that you want to slit your wrist and soon enough that you can get things arranged without frenzy.

Bobbi, pretty picture!

Better get rolling! Anyone with any ideas on the picture situation, please do tell!

Everyone, be warm, dry.... and safe.

Last edited by jess1; 01-15-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #217  

Donna, after you "shrink" the picture and it comes up and has the option to download it--- you don't need to do that. Just right click on the picture and select "save as" Then choose where you want to save it, I almost always use documents or pictures. Towards the bottom of that window where is has "File Name" put like Samcat and then click save. Then it should be in your documents or pictures or wherever you chose to save it. In both documents and pictures you can select to Organize from the top of that window and choose "New Folder" Name it what ever you want like 3fc pics. Then you can save pictures there and always be able to find the ones you want to post. I hope that helps.
Don't give up!! Sometimes I have to walk away for a bit but then I go back and attack it again---I refuse to let this computer outsmart me!!

Last edited by Karen31; 01-15-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:19 PM   #218  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Yo, Karen.......
Interesting (so interesting!) how the brain works... I was sitting there crocheting and in popped the idea of "what if I try....." and I came down and was able to insert the picture! Thanks! It was very convoluted to get to where I wanted to be, so I'll follow your newest instructions next time.

Have a lovely day........ and THANKS!
Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #219  

YAY Donna!! We can't let these computers beat us!! We just have to show them who is boss!!
Old 01-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #220  

OMG!!! I almost forgot with all that was going on--- HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!! Have a Wonderful Day!! You share this birthday with my oldest son!! He is 38 today! He still lives in Colorado. Have a great one---
Old 01-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #221  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

I'm back - trying to be more disciplined about posting regularly...love reading everyone's posts too.

Just got back from my first time out (this winter) cross country skiiing. My DH and I went to a local golf course..managed about 30 minutes before by knees began to hurt. Also did my Wii...down about a pound and did 15 minutes of strength. I'm making vegetable beef and barley soup for supper.

Karen I loved the U tube clip you sent about getting old...made me chuckle. You are doing great (down over 4 pounds since the 7th!!).

Zoe/Ella - It has been a challenge with both me and DH retired...he is currently depressed and angry at life and I am grateful for my part-time job helping Srs. He's looking for something PT too, and when he finds something I think his mood will improve.

AK Rosie - you are doing great!!! Keep it up!

Well wish I could remember what everyone else posted...my old brain is tired.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARY,

Lynn
Old 01-15-2011, 05:15 PM   #223  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

A very happy birthday to you, Mary!

Old 01-15-2011, 05:30 PM   #224  
Bobbi

Happy Birthday Mary, hope you do something fun tonight.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi! G.G.s,
Didn’t check in at all yesterday (was still trying to avoid the real world), & I can’t believe how much I missed. I’ll try not to do that again.

KarenMO, just wanted to say don’t give up hope that your son will finally get it right in his relationship issue. I’ve made some pretty bad choices in men through the years. Most of the time my family just bit their tongues & didn’t say too much, but I always knew they were upset (& usually knew they were right to be). I didn’t meet my SO until I was 40 yrs. old, but I’m pretty sure I got it right this time. We’ve been together over 14 years, & even though he drives me crazy sometimes, basically he’s a pretty good guy. And all my family really likes him! What a fantastic weight loss, 4.9 lbs. in just a week! Yay! That Wii’s really working for you.

Zoe, I wish my SO & I didn’t argue! I HATE arguing, but I think he enjoys it. For him, once the argument is over, he forgets about it, I’m usually upset for hours afterwards, sometimes even days! At least he is good about doing his own thing & leaving me alone to do mine most of the time.

Donna, I wish I had your attitude about being on your own. I’ve always hated the idea of living alone. As soon as one relationship would end, I’d be jumping right back into another one. Guess that helps to explain my bad choices in men. SamCat looks darn good for 17. Just looked at a chart that said that would be 84 in human years. Not too many people look that good at that age - I think I might like that idea about coming back as a cat!

KarenFL, that’s a lot of beans! If I fix beans more than once a month, SO has a fit.He says he had to eat them all the time when he was a kid, sometimes every day for a week. I think he’s exaggerating a bit, but I guess I can understand his not wanting to eat them much. I think this smacking/slapping line idea is starting to catch on! I think we need to form that team Gayle mentioned, & make a list. Seems like most of the guys around here need a little smack/slap every now & then.

Gayle, your DH sounds like my SO - sometimes good & sometimes aggravating, & always teasing me about something. Your “pet box” was a really smart idea, I’m sure he’s jealous that he didn’t think of it!

Lynn, you are so tiny! If you were to get down to your original goal weight, how would you ever find clothes small enough for you?!!

Hi Emaline (is it Emma?), nice to see you here. I think I’ve read some of your posts on the weight loss forum. I definitely second Lynn on trying to focus on positive things. If thinking about something makes me sad, I just try not to think about it, until I know I can handle it.

Mary, I know it's sorta late in the day, so I hope you've had a very HAPPY Birthday!

'Night Everyone.
NCNancy
Closed Thread