Old 12-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/218/170

Height: 5'8"

Default Woke up in the middle of the night, thinking I can't do this anymore!

Hi Everyone,
I can't even get on the scale, that is how bad it is. I had a lot of success with OA HOW a few years ago. It takes commitment and I don't like all the rules but it worked for 5 years. What can I do today to not go farther into despair? Senia
Senia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:01 AM   #2  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

try to think about whats bothering you. write it to yourself, on here. sometimes we realize our fears are completely irrational on paper.

if binging/over eating is a problem, try the no binging accountability thread. one day at a time.

try to figure out and prevent your triggers.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senia View Post
Hi Everyone,
I can't even get on the scale, that is how bad it is. I had a lot of success with OA HOW a few years ago. It takes commitment and I don't like all the rules but it worked for 5 years. What can I do today to not go farther into despair? Senia
Hi Senia,

Sometimes we need to change what we are doing. Even though OA worked for 5 years, it may be good to try something different for a little while.

Also, please join one of our groups and let us get to know you. The women here are VERY supportive and helpful.

GOOD LUCK!

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Senia,

Lots of different diets work. Almost any diet, as a matter of fact, if you can stick with it long enough. That's the problem with severly restricting diets. They are hard to stick with for the long run. maybe you need to rethink your diet plan. What kind of diet could you stick with? I count calories. Yes, it restrict calories but I can choose what those calories are.

I agree with Lynn. Come and join one of the groups. You get some insight and lots of information and support.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #5  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Hi Senia, At least you have faced up to the fact that you have a problem. There's TWO things that are hard to do. The first is to fathom out what you intend to do about it and the second, and the hardest of all, is to stick to it!
I'm sure you know only too well that apart from the looking good it's the fact that you will FEEL soo much better when you start eating healthily and losing some weight.

Set yourself some mini goals - Just to lose 7lb in the next month perhaps, anything so you can count a success to your list and that fact will spur you on to better and bigger things. Don't try to be on a drastically reduced diet - a sure failure move.

But, HEY! You've been there before so I know you know what it entails. We are all rooting for you!
All the very best in your endeavours...
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #6  

Some people are able to just make the decision to eat healthier, watch their calorie intake, and add some/more exercise and many succeed -but others need a more structured plan/diet. Give both ideas some thought and decide which works for you. I really think that you took the first step by reaching out here. Now take the next step and decide how you can accomplish your desire to lose weight.
Plan and prepare - my new motto!! Good luck and let us know how you're doing -L.
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

It's tough at first, I know. Try filling up with high-water and high-fiber fruits and vegetables, and you'll find you're not as hungry throughout the day. I always have a hard-boiled egg and an apple for breakfast, and it really does fill me up for hours. Lunch is always a big salad with ff dressing and usually some kind of low fat soup, and together they really fill me up. Having this structured menu may be boring, but it takes my mind off fantasizing about eating unhealthy stuff for those meals. Evening is always a challenge for me, so that's what I'm focusing on changing. I think if you identify what is weak in your own eating habits, you can better plan to change them. Good luck!
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote