Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #91  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Karen ~ hope you get to feeling better soon.

Rosey ~ that is awesome that your wheel chair leg stayed on top of the car and didn't get lost

Starting to yawn ~ will do some more personals tomorrow.

Take care all ~ night night
Old 12-09-2010, 12:36 AM   #92  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Yea, Rosey!!!

KarenMO, you're right. The message was for KarenFL (Jess... Dh's buddy is leaving for Co in am. Flys into to Denver and down to Trinada. Bet he will be chilled for sure. Not sure if he has ever wintered out there. What's the weather like for next 2 weeks? Not my favorite person so hoping you say cold and colder!) KarenFL, 50's and 60's in the forecast for the next couple of weeks...... Hope you're feeling better, KarenMO!!

Time to take SamCat and go to bed. PT/Zoe, is TurtleTut okay?
Old 12-09-2010, 03:21 AM   #93  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I'm up late as usual but will be going to bed soon. Didn't feel I accomplished much today. I pampered myself a little...got a manicure/pedicure and a haircut. Here at home I took some gifts out to the RV but that's about all I got done other than fixing dinner and a little other daily stuff. Got an email from my sister...she sounds so sickly and tired...I feel so sad about her...I hope she does not give up as I still need her in my life! I typed her a long email trying to help her but then realized reading it may make her tireder!

Rosey - glad to hear from you and that you are home! Congrats on the weightloss! That's wonderful about your wc leg!

Karen 31 you have really been through it! I hope the medicine begins to help you feel better now.

Glynne - your gd sounds so sweet! that's a really cute age, isn't it. Glad too that you got to see your son for a bit. Bet he was glad too and enjoyed the treat!

bobbi - I agree about Elizabeth Edwards. Seemed like such a nice lady. I watch Biggest Loser and it motivates me too. I am rooting for Ada but actually I think they all deserve the prize. Elizabeth has been struggling though since she go home.....I think she needs to get rid of the bf if he is so unsupportive! She also has asthma to contend with and that makes the exercise harder but she has to do it. I'm glad things went well with Ada's family. I was worried about that! It is always interesting to see how they look at the finale.

Must be difficult but glad you are patient with your dad. I have decided I am resolving to lead with love no matter what challenges I have with people esp family. Life is too short for anything less. I haven't always been that way, sorry to say.

We are to get our car back tomorrow finally! Yea!
Old 12-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

"Hi/bye" - Everything is fine. See my post in the 50+ area.

Lynn
Old 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #95  
Donna

Hola, All......
Freda, before I forget, which might be a very real possibility these days:

Happy Almost Birthday to you,
Happy Almost Birthday to you,
Happy Almost Birthday, dear Missy Freda..............
Happy Almost Birthday to you!!

I'm going to try very hard to remember on the proper day; however, the Alzheimer's is kicking in, I think!!

Hope you're all well (more well, at least!)......... Be safe!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:26 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy....Warming up a bite. Won't run the pump tonight. House smells good. Have chicken with sf lf bbq sauce baking and big bowl of fresh vegies waiting to nuke. Tomorrow is bridge club Christmas party. I got lazy and just picked up hugh chunk of cheddar cheese and olives. Toss my board and knife in a bag and travel. Guess I better open the can and put both the green and black olives in containers. Darn all that work! hey when I said hugh I meant slab about 10"x6"X4". It will disappear. Forgot crackers.....

Rosie....That free flying w/c leg! How did it ever stay aboad? Wonder how lossing a lot of weight is gonna affect your mobility. I remember you said being lighter will be easier on Dh....But about about your own ability to transfer self? Did I see 12lbs gone already????double wow!

We stopped at the big box stores for a few pointesettas and they were all frost hit. Not dead but the petals were wrinkled. I'm wrinked enough don't need plant wrinkles. Found 3 nice ones wrapped in plastic on the bottom shelf of a cart.

Karen....keep pushing fluids and stay warm.

Jess....can't you change the weather report. Bitter cold with wind chill factor of zillion????? He does make me mean....

Went to the post office....line went out into the lobby. No parking spaces and only 2 clerks working. Know they have at least 4 plus bosses. Then they wonder why everyone ships UPS!

Not baking cookies...want Christmas cookies...so not baking...best way to avoid tempation.

Lynn...Hope the class is well in hand.

hugs, karen3
Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #97  

Height: 5'3"

Happy Birthday Freda!! Hope you are having a good day. It poured all day but it was still a good day here. We picked up the car and it was so good to have it again! I went to the store for milk and peanut butter as soon as I got the car and it was good to go somewhere by myself again too! I love being with my dh but I also like my independence.

We were intending to test-drive a car because we could get a $50 GC for Target. LOL But first we had to mail a package of gifts and we stopped at Taco Bell nearby for a quick lunch (dh's idea!). I wasn't really hungry and wanted to keep the calories down so just got a taco and took one small bite of my dh's apple empanada. I was proud of myself for being so disciplined! After we ate we decided we didn't want to drive their car in the rain, so just came home. Here at home I dusted and vacuumed the living room, family room and hall, so now I am caught up with my cleaning again.

Dinner tonight will be easy...rotisserie chicken and lots of veggies. Maybe my dh will have rice but I'm not.

Have a good evening, keep warm and eat healthy...
Old 12-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 268/259/155

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi ladies ! It has been a while it seems since I checked in on 3 Chicks .....

Rosey , glad to hear you re now home and hope all goes well from now on ! Too weird about your wlcr leg .... but I never question the whys just accept them :-)

For those of you that are suffering because of the cold .... welcome to my world ! LOL ! It did warm up to 0 yesterday ( balmy ! ) but it has dropped back down to -8 C here tonight and the snow has started to fall . Unfortunately any moisture we have had in the past while has also froze into a nice lyer of ice under foot ! I had a nasty fall 2 yrs ago and I now am quit afraid of falling again ......

I am struggling with a lot of stress right now as DH isn't well and has been home more then at work the past few weeks . Unfortunately I have 2 vices that get a tad out of hand when I am stressed .... one is spending money and the other is nibbling !!!! I am having trouble focusing on good food choices and finding something that will agree with DH ( Crohn's flare-up ) .....the good thing is I am down to 3 gifts to buy and and only a handful left to wrap ! The grandkids are going to get terribly spoiled ! LOL ! Now if I could just finish making those darn Christmas cards and getting them mailed !!!!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #99  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
We're getting ready for a big snow storm tonight and tomorrow, I love when it snows!
Grammajiggles...We haven't hit below zero yet but it won't be long. I always feel sorry for the critters outside when it gets so cold. We had a ice storm yesterday but fortunately it melted before DH had to get on the roads for work.
Glynne...good job! Are you getting support from hubby? I can't remember for sure if he was the one sabotaging your diet or maybe it was another Golden Girl?
Quote:
Then, went to weight watchers and had a good weigh in.
Rosey...how soon until you get off the baby food? Can you at least salt the stuff, the meat needs it. The fruity stuff tastes pretty good.
My new meds for migraines make me constipated, I've never been constipated in my whole life. I'm thinking maybe they have baby food prunes in a jar, think I'll look into it.
Lynn...I checked out the Presidents challenge, wish I could participate but doc won't let me go back to bone builders yet as my inflamation won't go down.
KarenMo...
Mary....me too! My dh has been retired for 5 years and I've had him around the house 24/7! But he was hired part time at Cabela's sporting good store this fall and it's been a blessing!
Quote:
it was good to go somewhere by myself again too! I love being with my dh but I also like my independence.
I'm rooting for Ada too, I think her dad need to show her more love, his face just about cracks the camera. I didn't think Elizabeth would be able to finish the 26 mile marathon but she surprised me.
Quote:
I am rooting for Ada but actually I think they all deserve the prize. Elizabeth has been struggling though since she go home.....I think she needs to get rid of the bf if he is so unsupportive! She also has asthma to contend with and that makes the exercise harder but she has to do it. I'm glad things went well with Ada's family. I was worried about that! It is always interesting to see how they look at the finale.
KarenFla... A couple of years ago when I had quite a bit to lose and was totally gun-ho to stay on my diet I'd bake cookies for DH. You know the cook always has to taste whatever she's cooking or baking so I'd eat a whole cookie, chew it up and then spit it out. Geeezz I can't believe I did that. I can't wait for my Food Channel magazine to get here. They said it'd be 6-8 weeks, say what? They took my money immediately, why can't they send out the magazine immediately?
Quote:
Not baking cookies...want Christmas cookies...so not baking...best way to avoid tempation.
Donna...Am I well? Nope! Darn migraines are still here, inflamation in my neck and shoulder blades still here. I have another doc appointment on the 15th and I've been faithfully writing down each day and when I get my headache for the doc to look at. I got one before bed last night, had it all night and still have it now but it's not so bad that I'm sick to my stomach.
I need to get showered and into town before the storm hits.
Freda...I see your birthday's tomorrow, what are you going to do for fun?
Zoe...I think of you every morning when I eat my Fiber One with Chia seeds. They always stick in my teeth (the chia) and I have to get a pick to get them out, does that happen to you?
Take care.....I have to second Rosies comment, love you all. It's so nice to have the support of gals my age!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-10-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #100  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

So. Finally made it to Friday again. It’s amazing how GOOD it feels towards mid-day Friday, knowing that there are only a few more hours before I can go home for a couple of days. Toying, here, with early retirement (well, not so early as some of you, but early, according to the social security administration) and thinking of the pros and cons and what our budget would look like without me working. Clearly, a lot of work-related expenses could be eliminated, but what about NON-work-related ones? And, having been pretty much able – if not entirely so – to pick up this, that or the other thing whenever I wanted to, and being able to spoil my grandchildren as much as I’d like, etc., etc., I guess I need to know that there’s enough money for extras and such, or I might end up being a LESS happy camper than I am while working. I also have to figure out how I will spend my time – will I do some consulting, maybe do some selling on EBay (Lord knows I could pare my wardrobe down by 75% and still have ample clothes if I don’t have to dress for work), maybe do some jewelry-making (DH bought me a kit for making silver jewelry, but the blow torch, despite being a very small one, put me off, and I haven’t yet worked up the nerve to use it. I have a lot of ideas for unique pieces of jewelry, though…) or to be more specific, how WILL I spend my time? I can’t just hang out with DH 24/7 – we’d drive each other crazy! I see YOUR DH is working a bit, Bobbi, and I KNOW how nice that must be for you!) – but, I’m a bit worried (well, a LOT worried, actually) about those relentless migraines of yours and the aching neck muscles. I am SO hopeful that you’ll get relief soon (from the pain AND the medication side effects!).
I had a “date” with my son last night – wanted him to come with me to pick out (and try on) a new topcoat for Christmas. Talk about lucking out! He wanted a camel woolen one, and I’ve been hearing Joseph A Bank advertising some nice deals, so we went there first. Found the perfect coat, too, and it fit like it was tailored for him. Price tag was $399. A tad higher than I’d hoped to pay, but I was ready to just go ahead and buy it – it’s a beautiful coat, and I’m sure he’ll get years of wear out of it – but I thought to ask about the advertised discounts, and the saleswoman said, “Oh, what did it say they were marking them down to online?” And I said <gulp> 65%. And SHE said, “Oh, right. Yup. That sounds about right.” And so I got the coat for $156!!!!!! I could hardly believe it! And DS and I were both delighted, because we’d anticipated having to go to several different places in order to find the style, fit and quality that we wanted. So, DS took me out to supper to celebrate. (I ate sparingly; my stomach was bothering me a lot a week or so ago – I’d been eating some mega-junk – and so I cut back on my portions, and on the kinds of food, and my stomach has been feeling a lot better as a result.) Fun time, and then home plenty early enough to get to bed a decent hour in preparation for today’s early rising.
Ooops…gotta run…..back a little later! ((PT))
Z
Old 12-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #101  
Donna

Good Morning, All....
Bobbi, I sent you an article on an extreme migraine treatment, regular email... did you get it? I didn't know if it would be of interest, but your headaches seem to be getting into the extreme category. If you didn't get it, maybe I can find it again.

PT/Zoe, HOW IS TURTLETUT? Is the little darling speaking to you? They seem to be fairly blase about losing their dangles. I hope he weathered his surgery well.

It's still warm here... still NO snow! OMG, we're going to get slammed with one of those 48" snow dumps, just wait and see!

No news... The cold is almost gone. Nothing else... blah, blah, blah, and blah.... Hope you're all well, warm, safe, and dry!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #102  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Donna...no, didn't get the article. Try sending it again.
Quote:
Bobbi, I sent you an article on an extreme migraine treatment, regular email... did you get it? I didn't know if it would be of interest, but your headaches seem to be getting into the extreme category. If you didn't get it, maybe I can find it again.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi - Bye -

Class is MUCH TOO BIG! Between exercising, teaching, Christmas, and my usual running around, I am swamped.

Be back to normal after it is over (12/20).

Lynn
Old 12-10-2010, 04:32 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! I think I am slowly coming back to the living! I was so happy a little while ago---I had my first cup of coffee in 6 days!! Gosh did it taste good!! A little bit of good news, if there is any caused by this bug, is that I got on the scales this morning and I've lost 4 pounds!! The bad news is I still have another pound to lose to make my ticker correct!!! I'm still having the "coughing fits" and last night I just got up and came into the couch. I find kind of sitting up with some pressure on my back seems to help a bit. Of course I think I need a bigger couch now since Ginger and Sissy need to sleep right against me too. In fact, Ginger wants to lay on my chest for some reason.. Such wonderful love from our furbabies!!

Rosey, glad that you are home safe and sound! WOW! You must have had an Angel riding on the top of your car holding your wheelchair leg on there for you! Pretty awesome! He does work little miracles everyday!

Well, I just wanted to say hello and hopefully I am on the downhill side, or uphill side, which ever is the side that is getting better. Everyone take care and I will try to catch up later.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #105  

Morning everyone from a chilly alaska its -10 out this am..i cont to heal..feeling a bit more tired but they said that was normal..i had a reaction to my pain meds..intense itching..geez i almost ripped my skin off..i took benedryl and it helped..id rather feel pain than itch like that..ive been catching up,bills etc,shopping lists etc,groc shopping diff as for now im cooking for my dh..the bills nice tho,one jar of baby food is 3 meals for me in 6 weeks i can start inroducing real food in small amounts.
it doesnt feel like xmas..my kids will not be here this yr and im sad about it,im going to put up a tree tho and plan on having family and friends for a pot luck get together.my girl friend said she would help..becuz we have the biggest house and no one else's is handicapped accessable it will be here..im excited about this as xmas is my favorite holiday.hoping you day is great
rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 12-10-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Closed Thread