3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~December Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #76

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone surprizelm doing marvalous thankyou for all the prayers. i still have some pain but have good liquid drugs im surprized at how well i feel..im eating baby food,about 1/4 of a jar at a time and use a baby spoon they gave me,and small sips of water,cant eat and drink at the same time,no straw,no dairy,or sugar..the neat thing is im not hungry..i can start exercising in 6 weeks,i tke lots of chewable vitamins,omega fish oil,potaasium etc and only half of my reg perscriptions,ill know wed how much ive lost but on my pre surg weigh in i had lost 8 lbs over thanksgiving and i even had pie..thats a total of 41 lbs pre surg,,Dr todd was impressed,,he said i might be his starr patient,,wow words of praise surprized me..i should be home wed,,can hardly wait to get back to my own little world,,ill do personals and explain more then,until then know i missed each of you rosey
Hi Rosey,

I know that this is the BEST Christmas present that I will get. I am so HAPPY for you. Can't wait to see your photo in that bikini!

Love you,

Lynn
Old 12-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #77
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....

Rosey, HI! I'm so glad to hear from you! Hope you got the card and calls and good wishes from all of us! Lauralou is a darling girl; you did a good job with her! So very glad that you're doing so well! When do you get to go home? Bet your DH will be glad to have you home, too!

KarenMO, feeling better? I am, finally!

PT/Zoe, Everyone...... no news, so might as well quit while I'm ahead! Be warm, dry, and SAFE........

Old 12-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #78
getting fit

S/C/G: 212/149/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and am a December Golden girl for sure.
(born in December).
I'm reaching the end of my weight loss goal, having gone from 212 to 149 in 11 months. Just a few more pounds to go and I start in maintenance mode. Now I'm looking to get fitter and have been working out.
Nice to meet you all.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #79

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendar View Post
Hi, I'm new to this forum, and am a December Golden girl for sure.
(born in December).
I'm reaching the end of my weight loss goal, having gone from 212 to 149 in 11 months. Just a few more pounds to go and I start in maintenance mode. Now I'm looking to get fitter and have been working out.
Nice to meet you all.
Hi Brendar,

WELCOME! WOW - your weight loss is phenomenal! How did you do that?

Lynn
Old 12-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #80

Hi Girls,

Rosie, so good to hear that you are doing well. Look forward to hearing how quickly you lose in the future! You have done so well.

Karen31, Cocoa power makes the BEST cocoa. How many calories did the pudding mix make the mix?

Z, Trees are unique and spectacular. Like I imagine you to be.

Gayle, I love the Celestial teas. My favorite one at the moment is Sleepytime. It helps me relax in the evening and calms my appetite.

Donna, Glad you are feeling better.

Brenda, Welcome! come back often. If you have lost that much and kept it off you have much wisdon to share.

Hi Lynn, Don't work too hard!

Freda

Last edited by the slim me : 12-07-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #81

Brendar, welcome to the forum! You are such an inspiration!! Congrats on the weightloss and please tell us how you did it. I struggle with evening eating mostly. However I did well yesterday.

Don't have much time to chat as I have a very busy day planned. We were just at Joe's orthopedic doctor's (the one who did the surgery on his leg) and he said Joe is doing great! The x-ray shows lots and lots of good bone growth and there is no need for any more follow-up unless he has a problem. Joe showed him how low he can squat and even I was amazed as I didn't realize he had regained that so much. The doctor said he was impressed on how well Joe has regained the muscles in the area and said he can do anything he wants. I figured that's what he would say but it was good to hear it. Now he has to get approval for our trip from the eye doctor.

Gotta run...have a good day, everyone..
Old 12-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #82

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

evening all....Still chilly down here in the deep South. Probably just another few days....but if you are here on vacation that is too long.

Have any of you seen the new magazine Foodnetwork puts out. Think this is only the 3rd one. It is fabulous and such fun. Has heavy paper fold outs and the recipe index is written with pictures along with page numbers/names. Just like an an adult cook's weekly reader. Saw it at the beauty shop and had to get a copy...and now ordered a year. Cheap too at 3.95. Trying to think of something to take for Christmas party Friday. Last year did pasta salad on a stick.....marinated articoke/shrimp/mushrooms/cheese/red pepper/tomato and anything loose in refrig. i don't eat the stuff just bring....

Rosie....so glad everything is doing soo well. Follow directions and do exactly what they tell you. In other words be the perfect patient! Next year this time you are gonna Dynamite!

Welcome Brenda....great on your reaching goal!

Zoe....Love the tree. We had a small holly for a couple of years with tiny lights. Loved it and grandkids absolutely hated it.

Lynn...Did you all get snow?

Jess...Dh's buddy is leaving for Co in am. Flys into to Denver and down to Trinada. Bet he will be chilled for sure. Not sure if he has ever wintered out there. What's the weather like for next 2 weeks? Not my favorite person so hoping you say cold and colder!

Baked 36 wee tarts this morning and ate one. Forgotten how good they were. Got to get them in the freezer as they are singing my name....

Karen...try a cuppa tea with hunk of orange in it. When we get sick here usually want tea with lemon and dab of honey. But use the hunk of orange for extra vitamin C. Hope you feel better.

Mary....I laughed at the picture of everything you had at the door waiting to transfer. I am a pile maker too....Organize into plies first then poof everything gets done at once.

Got to go turn on pool pump. Have run it all night so pipes don't freeze. hugs, karen3
Old 12-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #83

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hi Freda, I'm not sure-- I just looked and I have a package of Sugar Free/fat free Vanilla pudding mix. It serves 6 at 25 calories each so I guess that would add 150 for the vanilla pudding powder. I don't have a box of chocolate pudding mix right now though. I imagine you could get about 24 (or more) servings if you doubled the recipe like I did. The calories listed there is for what is written and that wasn't after I doubled it. I know you can figure this out in fitday but I always forget how to do it. It is very good though.

Hi Donna, day for me here with this cold. I thought that I felt better this morning but by noon I had this pounding headache and my ribs are so sore from all the coughing. I told Tim at this rate I would be super skinny by Christmas!! Not a good way though! I think I will give it until Friday and if I'm still miserable I may just need to go see a Dr. Miserable stuff!!!

Brendar! WELCOME!! WOW! What a great weightloss....how did you do it. You just got to share it with us.

Zoe, love you tree! I usually wait to put mine up after Tim's birthday, which is Dec. 11. I just hate to have too much going on at one time. I hope I will feel like putting it up next week though.

Lynn, as always you stay so busy. Maybe that is my problem, I layed around here long enough that this nasty bug caught me!

I know I'm forgetting people but the mind isn't working too good right now. Just finished a bowl of chicken noodle soup and I think I'm going to go lay down for awhile.
Take care everyone.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 12-08-2010, 04:54 AM   #84

Well managed to get here before bed. I got a lot done today. Seems like I've had a lot of energy. I got some housework done...but mostly I packed. Still have a lot by the door as I keep adding to the pile, but I also got quite a bit out there. It's a start anyway. Tonight I stripped the guest bed and washed all the bedding, brushed (didn't feel like vacuuming and was doing it during a commercial) the mattress. Have the mattress pad and comforter ready to go on it, but since children sometimes sleep on that bed, I am waiting for a rubber sheet/pad to dry (hanging) before I make it. I put some food items (non-perishables) in the RV, put in a stack of shorts for me, and arranged under the bed so I can store some gifts there. Reinstalled my budgeting program to my netbook and made sure my dropbox software was working (synchs the data between computers). It was giving me trouble but seems to be working ok now. I think I will also backup our budget to a flashdrive too though, just in case. I also got the few Christmas cards we are sending this year sent out.

Dinner was easy...I bought a rotisserie chicken at Costco the other day we just fixed our own, except I heated up some canned chicken gravy for dh. I just had leftover veggies and chicken, but we both had one of those little cups of ice cream for dessert. Still at that point I was fine, but later I did eat snack some more and that put me over. I hate days I don't plan ahead as it makes it so much harder to stick to my calorie limit! Once I go over I tend to give up. Gotta get over that!!

Until then though I was feeling great about what I'm doing as I got the results of my labs today...My triglycerides have dropped from 399 to 229! And everything else was fine. Funny I dropped the triglycerides even though I gained 4 lbs and I am eating sunflower seeds every day which contain a lot of fat. Doc told me ALL fat even healthy fat clogs the arteries, but obviously the changes I have made (more veggies, fruit, seeds and less meat) have helped . Of course, I know the ice cream today wasn't a good idea but it sure tasted good and we rarely have it in the house. I am never going to be one of these people who can give up all the goodies....but I do want to learn control.

Well it's getting late, and I have an appt in the morning so better get to bed.

ETA: Forgot to say that I am still exercising most days. Tonight I did my exercises through every commercial (except one) and I did 75 reps with my 8# weights. My 10#ers were already packed. But by the time I get to 70 in a row, believe me, 8# is quite enough!

Last edited by maryea : 12-08-2010 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #85
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

G'morning, all! Well, today will be a monumental one in some quarters, at least...the infamous Turtle/Tut will be off to the vet in another hour or so to have his gabachkes removed. Poor baby doesn't realize, of course, but I did spend a little extra time petting and snuggling with him last night and this morning. Poor lil' fella.... DH is taking him; I am off to Holyoke again this morning. I shall leave a little earlier and drive a bit more slowly. That speeding ticket on Monday didn't exactly get my week off to a glorious start, to say the least. Tonight we'll be having our grandson for a couple of hours - the 8-year-old - while dd2 attends a dinner for YMCA donors. Tomorrow, I have a date with my son to go pick out a top coat for him for Christmas - I want to get him a nice full-length camel hair, preferably double-breasted and belted like a trench coat, but in wool. Can't really surprise him with clothes, as he's so tall and has very wide shoulders but quite slim through the waist, and has to try everything on, and in some cases, have alterations done for a good fit. Friday night, I'm taking my dgd Christmas shopping so that she can buy gifts for her mum and dad and family. Saturday, we'll be having the gang for supper, and then "Christmas by Candlelight" at Old Sturbridge Village. On Sunday, I hope to just sit around the house listening to Christmas music and knitting. I have a few scarves to get done that I'd LIKE to have done for Christmas extra gifts, but we'll see how that goes.
Bobbi, I LOVE the sound of your antler tree!!!! I bet nobody else in the neighborhood had one of those! PS - I'm really, really glad that you're feeling better!
Oh, Gayle....in the 30's? YUp...well...to me, that sounds downright tropical right about now. Our temperatures are dropping down into the 'teens at night, now. Ugh.
Mary - I often think, too, about how things have changed. Especially our growing dependence on technology. But little things, too - digital clocks that preclude the need to learn to tell time, velcro closings for sneakers and such that make learning to tie your shoes unnecessary...a whole cavalcade of little things that we took for granted that are becoming almost obsolete, and if not obsolete, certainly not taught as the survival skills that they once were. God forbid the technology should malfunction, eh?
Welcome back, Rosey! You know we've all been rooting for you - sending prayers and good healing energy - and I'm so glad that things have gone so well! I'm really looking forward to hearing about your ongoing progress, and can't WAIT for the bikini pictures!!! (no thongs, please; my heart couldn't take the shock of that, I'm pretty sure! )
Freda, thanks for the lovely comments re: tree & me. Spectacular, I'm far from, but the tree pretty much is. I WISH the camera did it better justice. Funny, because I imagine YOU to be quite spectacular, yourself, you know...
Welcome, Brendar! Wow. That weight loss is really amazing. I've been fighting with the same 20 pounds or so for months and months. I just get lazy. But, I have to tell you, reading your post sent me running back to my FitDay page, and I'm feeling that old determination coming back slowly but surely....thanks!
Karen3, I LOVE holly trees! DH & I saw some the other day, and were saying that they'd make nice Christmas trees for us!
Oh, Karen31....feel better soon! That sounds so miserable! I'm finally getting over that rotten cough of mine, but it's been a while, now. SO irritating!
Well, time for me to get ready to head out into the cold morning....have a great day, PT, Lynn, and hello to anyone I may have inadvertently forgotten...fuzzy headed here first thing in the morning.

Z

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, 'OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!'"
Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #86
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Good Morning Girls!
Elizabeth Edwards...so sad she died. Good Morning America is doing a bit on her just now......I get angry thinking of the 'rat' she was married to.
Anybody watching the 'Biggest Losers' on TV? This show makes me want to get off my butt and exercise but doc says I can't continue my bone builders class until muscles are back to normal.
Zoe...I was watching a program on the food channel last night, they were decorating Christmas trees with all homemade ornaments that were baked/candy, etc. and thought of your tree. I'll bet your tree is dramatic when lit at night, how tall is it? It kinds of reminds me of you and your personality....a tad eccentric in the best possible way.
KarenFla...speaking of the food channel, I checked out the Food channel magazine you were talking about. I wanted it too! I checked around for the best prices on a subscription and found buying it from Food channel itself was the best deal. Most magazine companies are asking $18.00 for 10 issues. It's $15.00 directly from them, and you save more if you order 20 or 30 issues. 30 issues are $35.00 and you save 71%. Thanks for the tip!
Hi everyone else, I have to shower and get ready for another trip into town. My 96 year old dad is getting kind of feeble and I made his Christmas cards and addresses for him on my computer. I should have printed his name on it too but thought he could sign them himself. WRONG....he's said he's too feeble to do that. I forgot to make a card out for one person and thought he wouldn't notice, WRONG! He was on the phone 5 minutes after I left yesterday. Now I have to make another card out and run it into town....grrrrr (20 mile round trip). But he won't be around forever at his age, I'm going to tell myself that I'm happy to do it, maybe I'll start believing it.
Gotta run....welcome newbies! Yes please tell us how you lost all that weight Brendar?

Last edited by Bobbolink : 12-08-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #87
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All.....
First, KarenMO.... bad news for you, re: your traveler to Trididad.... 50s and 60s for the next couple of weeks. Sorry, my dear! Are you feeling better? I'm at 87.8486% today and fully expect to be recovered by the weekend.

PT/Zoe, SamCat and I will be murmuring sympathetic noises in honor of TurtleTut and his former appendages. He'll be fine! You and DH might suffer more than he does!

Nothing to report! Rosey, Bobbi, are you both still doing well?

Everyone, enjoy the holiday preparations (it's coming too SOON!)... and be safe, everyone!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #88
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Hello all,

It was a nice day today. Went and saw DGD Maddie for a few minutes this morning and took her a cute little Christmas jumper we got her ~ part of her Christmas presents, but we gave it to her early, so she could get some use out of it while it is the season. She even said thank you, all on her own with out anybody prompting her (she's 3 yrs) I was impressed.

Then, went to weight watchers and had a good weigh in. I am liking the new program and feel like I will finally conquer this thing. Too bad that the weight I lost was "lost and found weight". One more pound to go to wipe out the damage I did pre Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving. Then onward and downward

Went to visit my son ~ was his birthday yesterday, but didn't get to hook up with him. We had a nice visit. I had invited him to go out to lunch, but he didn't want to go, so I brought lunch to him. Found a Marie Calendars I thought he would like and took a Healthy Choice for me and we ate lunch together that way. I brought him a cupcake ~ made us both smile

Went and ran errands ~ always good to get that out of the way.

Hope you all are doing well.

Take care

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Old 12-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #89

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

After 6 days of this nasty bug--- I went to the Dr. tonight and got a Zpack and cough syrup! I haven't slept more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time since this bug hit.. Maybe will start feeling better now.

Donna, I think you may have me confused with someone else... I don't know of any traveler to Trinidad that I have. Hope your feeling better now too.

OK, I'm pooped tonight--this little trip to the dr. and the pharmacy just wore me out! Maybe the fever will go away tonight and I can sleep.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 12-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #90

Hi everyone..im home..dr released me this am and we headed south..as my dh was loading me he put one of my wch legs on the roof of the car and off we went..when he was helping me into the house we were missing a wch leg..i told him the last i saw it was at the dr office in anch..he looked up and there it was..imagine it still being there as we drove thru the city in am rush hr and then thru the mts..yikes what a wierd thing and it wasnt tied down..so at the drs office i was anxious to get weighed..taaadaaa another 12 #..im thrilled..so good to be home,im tired but feeling ok..anyways im playing catch up ttfn and for all rosey

I am enough!
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.