Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 05:02 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

SIL is doing GREAT! He is up and around with no cane or crutches.

I went to South Jersey to see my friend with Alzheimer's. Today was NOT a good day. She was VERY disoriented.

Yesterday I did my 85 minutes, so today was my day off. Next week is 8 miles. I am still holding at 151 lbs.

I hope everyone has a good weekend,

Lynn
Old 11-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies, Well, believe it or not we are in Albuquerque, NM tonight! We decided that since we were already out West we would go ahead and come to NM to visit Tim's sister and family. So we got in to the RV park about 6:00 this evening. I told Tim we are really tempting fate and if we aren't careful we are going to get stuck in a snowstorm before we get home!! Hope not! Colorado was good, Cold but no snow!
Just thought that I would check in. I'm really pooped tonight think I'll take a shower and get ready to just relax!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #123  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Getting ready for work here. Not a very restful sleep last night. Somehow I had gotten the idea that if you dream ~ that is supposed to be a good thing ~ I thought it meant that you had gotten into a good phase of sleep. I don't understand then ~ for me the dreams are unsettling and not restful. They are not nightmares ~ just funky. Different thoughts I've had recently kind of combine into a weird dream. Last night there were bears ~ lot of them and some of them were huge. They were laying about on paths to my house, or where I needed to walk. I was sometimes carrying a pot of Weight Watchers Zero point Garden Vegetable soup. I think maybe I thought those bears wanted my soup. And Maddie was there and I was worried that they would get her. I think I was back in Maine where I used to live. (Had recently reconnected with a neighbor from back there, watched a wild life show on National Geographic about Moose ~ some of those bears in my dream were as tall as those moose. And had spent time with Maddie the other night, she shut my finger in the door. Had been thinking about making another pot of that soup, and had been frustrated with myself for fighting with myself to do my walking. I was sort of glad then to wake up this morning and stop that dream ~ LOL.

Well, I'd better quit fooling around on here and finish getting ready. Don't think they would enjoy seeing me show up in my jammies

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 11-14-2010 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Hello all,

Getting ready for work here. Not a very restful sleep last night. Somehow I had gotten the idea that if you dream ~ that is supposed to be a good thing ~ I thought it meant that you had gotten into a good phase of sleep. I don't understand then ~ for me the dreams are unsettling and not restful. They are not nightmares ~ just funky. Different thoughts I've had recently kind of combine into a weird dream. Last night there were bears ~ lot of them and some of them were huge. They were laying about on paths to my house, or where I needed to walk. I was sometimes carrying a pot of Weight Watchers Zero point Garden Vegetable soup. I think maybe I thought those bears wanted my soup. And Maddie was there and I was worried that they would get her. I think I was back in Maine where I used to live. (Had recently reconnected with a neighbor from back there, watched a wild life show on National Geographic about Moose ~ some of those bears in my dream were as tall as those moose. And had spent time with Maddie the other night, she shut my finger in the door. Had been thinking about making another pot of that soup, and had been frustrated with myself for fighting with myself to do my walking. I was sort of glad then to wake up this morning and stop that dream ~ LOL.

Well, I'd better quit fooling around on here and finish getting ready. Don't think they would enjoy seeing me show up in my jammies

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care
Hi Gayle,

Here is what dream website says -

Bears are symbols of calm, stoic strength. Bears also indicate a time of introspection. If you are dreaming of a bear sleeping or hibernating, this is a message to do a little soul searching before you present an idea to the world. If a bear is chasing you, this means you are avoiding a big issue in your life, and it is time to deal with it.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #125  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. Lynn, sorry your friend is doing so poorly. You're a really good friend, and I'm sure your presence helps her!

Bobbi, how are you feeling? Are the migraines any less? Is the PT helping you, do you think?

KarenMO, it sounds like you're having a good trip! And I hope the weather holds for you. When are you planning to get home?

Nothing of any interest to report. I'm having dinner tonight with some former tax preparation classmates, and I'm really looking forward to that. It's our "early Thanksgiving" gathering... and/or an excuse to get together!

Stay warm and dry and safe, my lovely 3FCs!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:21 AM   #126  

Good Morning! Boy was it cold here this morning! We ran out of propane during the night and it was 48 degrees this morning inside and 33 outside!!! BRRRR!!!! Tim woke me up and told me and I said you want me to get out of bed??? Anyway, we got the bottle refilled and it is nice and warm now. They have a nice breakfast that they serve here in the RV park so we enjoyed that. Getting ready to go visit...
We are planning on leaving here tomorrow to head back home and we should be home Tuesday evening if we don't decide to do more detours!! LOL!! Everyone have a nice weekend.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #127  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Hello, everyone! I'm new to the Golden Girls...I took a break from 3 fat chicks and lo and behold--I turned fifty in July. Still getting used to it.

So what brought me back? I think I was suddenly so cranky (mainly about my weight) that I just couldn't function any more. So I need help. I need someone to say "back away from the cheesecake!!!"

The plan? For now, just eating in a sensible way (I've been on an eating rampage for a couple of months) and getting some exercise in 6 days a week. For now, it may be WiiFit on many of those days. (Not many calories, but better than nothing!)

Here's the basic scoop on me--I live in lovely rural New York, I'm mainly a stay at home mom to a fabulous six year old daughter but I'm also a musician. (In the city a couple of days a week.) And when I got on the WiiFit today it told me that I've gained 17.6 pounds since my last time there!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 11-14-2010, 03:25 PM   #128  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Just back from a glorious hike in the woods with DH!!!!! Thought I'd share some pictures of the New England woods in November...all the leaves covering everything in preparation for snowy days ahead.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Z
Old 11-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #129  
Ellabella

Oops..The pics were all too BIG!!!! I'll have to re-size them!!! Sorry!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #130  
Ellabella

Did it! Yay. Aren't the woods beautiful? Making chili now. Have a great evening, GG's!

Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resized woods picture 1.jpg (65.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg resized woods picture 2.jpg (67.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg resized woods picture 3.jpg (48.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg resized woods picture 4.jpg (51.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg resized woods picture 5.jpg (61.4 KB, 12 views)
Old 11-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #131  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Hey, Ellabella--beautiful woods! We go hiking in the Berkshires (well, by hiking I mean walking around for a couple of hours in nature), as we're only about an hour away. Bracing myself for winter. Maybe this will be the year I get snowshoes. (I'm in the Hudson River Valley.)

Made it through my first day of 3FC without eating anything terrible. Whew!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #132  

Good Morning! Welcome Red Hook Mom! This group of ladies are just ONLY THE BEST!!! You will love being here.

We are getting ready to leave Albuquerque this morning. It is 36 degrees here this morning BUT we have heat inside today! HA! We are going to head into Texas and then through Oklahoma and then home! I guess we have snow behind us coming and there has been snow in front so hoping that we stay between! Will probably stay in Oklahoma tonight and then be home tomorrow. Didn't get many pictures here in Albuquerque since we spent the whole day with Tims sisiter and her husband. Neither one are very welll and we just really needed to spend time there.

Everyone have a GREAT MONDAY and I'll check back in this evening.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #133  
Ellabella

Happy Monday! Welcome Red! Okay, so here I am at work again, but looking forward to nine days off for Thanksgiving week, so my mood is <fairly> okay in terms of having to work this week.
My ex-DH's (D=damned) birthday is October 29. My DD's birthday is October 2. I really MUST get this off my chest, so please bear with me. In all the years (20) that I was married to that you-know-what (#$%^%$#@$$) I was the one who "did" birthdays for the kids. I mean, the parties, the presents, the whole enchilada. HE was almost never even involved, and certainly never took a bloody dime out of his own pocket to buy them anything. Of course I, not wanting them to know how uncaring their father was, always put his name on the presents as well as my own. Same thing, incidentally, at Christmas. Now, of course, my children know that I don't care to socialize with their father, and they profess to not much wanting to themselves. HOWEVER, my daughter mentioned to me last Friday that they were having a *little* get together at my older daughter's house on Sunday because their father of course wouldn't be seeing them on the holidays (They spend Thanksgiving at the in-laws and Christmas with me). According to her, he had been trying to get together with them for more than a month to take them out to dinner for HER birthday. SO, they do their little get-together yesterday, and she calls me when they get home, and just kind of slides into the conversation the fact that they had a birthday cake for HIM - not for her, because of course everybody (except him & his wife) had celebrated her birthday with dinner at my house! Okay, okay. I am going to get past this. I am. It's just that it seems so UNFAIR that he was so UNinvolved in their lives when they were growing up (Oh, sure - LIVED with us, but was mostly in and out, and mostly out, at that) and now he wants to BE involved, and it seems perfectly fine with them. Blah.
Okay, so OTHER than that, Mrs. Lincoln.......oh, yeah. The play was lovely!
The hike was nice on Sunday, and then we spent the (late) afternoon making chili (with ground turkey) and my special breakfast muffins. I bought flax seed flour at the market on Saturday, so added that, along with the Bran, Fiber One and Chi-Chi-Chia seed to boost up the fiber. They came out SO good...and one is all you need for breakfast (I make pretty good-sized muffins).
Glad your SIL is healing so well, Lynn. One less thing to worry about, eh?
Sounds like a pleasant trip, Karen31, I'll send good weather vibes your way!
Hope you had a good time with your friends, PT - sounds like a much needed night out for you. I'm about due for one of those, I think...
Hi Karen3, Mary, Freda, Rosey, Gayle, and GG's wherever you may be....

Z
Old 11-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #134  

good Morning ALL,

Busy weekend. My DS took my DGS to the state flag football tournament. And I had to go support. But it was the entire weekend. from 9 til 5-6 both days. Saturday was cool but not too bad. Sunday was high of 32. Almost froze!! it was so fun though. The team took first place this year. I don't know who was more excited, the kids or the parents. We took food, so you can imagine how I ate. Junk, all day, both days. I was really surprised and upset by what poor sportsmanship the other team showed. The quarter back refused to shake hands after the game and the other players would jerk the flags out of our players hands when we handed them back. We would have pulled out kids aside for a serious talk.

Karen, have a safe trip back home. Hope the snow holds off for a few more days.

Z, Beautiful pictures. I love walking in the woods. You got your exercise that day.

Red-HooK-Mom, Welcome. We've all (or some of us anyway) have strayed away from time to time, only to find that we really needed the other to be able to stay on tract. And it's like a family, we miss you when you're not here. So, welcome back.

Donna, It's always fun to get together with old friends. Hope you had fun at your lunchen.

Gayle, Showing up at work in your Jammies would make for an interesting day. Besides, uniforms are about as much like PJ's as you can get.

Lynn, Sorry to hear that your friend is getting worse. You're a good friend to be there for her. Imagine losing your memory and your friends too. Some people act like it's catching and just don't go around sick friends.

Just realized we haven't heard from Mary in some time. Hey Mary, you out there? Check in please!

Freda

Last edited by the slim me; 11-15-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Bright, sunny and a tad cool here. In the low 60's and only upper 70's later. Grrrrrr ing.....Dh has been working on the sprinkler system and has great water pressure spraying the yard with the brackish canal water except that it sprayed all the windows across the front of the house. Dried salt spots and can hardly see out. Because of the magnum springs our tidal water is 1/2 sweet and doesn't kill the trees or grass. Yeah and thats even with the 4' tides we get. Thank goodness I have found the windex stuff that you attach to the hose does a bang up job or Dh would be wearing a few lumps.

Lynn...boy did i want to dream of bears last night!

Welcome Red Hook!

Zoe....thanks for the wood pictures. Our local oaks here are starting to get some color. Along with the virginia creeper it will look like Fall if you squint.

Gayle....hope you slept better last night. Hard to work after a restless night.

Bobbi....oh Bobbi where are you! Just check in with a moan or groan or growl....please!

Off to bridge...oh darn in a weak moment yesterday I agreed to direct Nov 30th. Need my head examined......hugs, karen3
Closed Thread