Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 03:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 268/259/155

Height: 5'3.5"

Happy November everybody ! We are in a very odd weather pattern up here in the North .... Sun and warm ( 17 C for Thursday when we usually are -17 C ! ) . I handed out bags of goodies only for an hour on Haloween then was off to see a concert in town as REBA was here ! What an awesome concert ! We have been getting a few BIGGER name concerts in our city but only have a small events area so they are nice and intimate ! I enjoyed just getting out of the house for a few hours as it is getting a bit loney with DH away ! the Yorkies are company but their conversation is limited ! LOL !

I am having trouble getting on any food plan with DH away and the scale showed it this morning ! Ran out and bought some vegetables and have to use some of the chicken breasts I bought to force myself to make a good meal . I don't usually have that problem but this time I am struggling ! No plans for Novemeber here . We have already had our Thanksgiving in October and I have already started my Christmas shopping . Still no solid plans about that either as all my kids have in-laws now and have to fit them into any plans as well !

have a wonderful week everybody ! GrammaJ
Old 11-02-2010, 07:19 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Been on the run most of the day. Had to get a disability parking form to dh's doctor and the receptionist thought he'd wait until after lunch so I went for a haircut and the minute I walked into the salon, they called and said the form was ready! LOL Went ahead and got my haircut before going back to the doctor's office.

I have gray hair and I have been noticing the front top has been looking a little yellow...I've always thought that meant it's not clean, but couldn't get it out, so asked and they recommended a brightening shampoo so stopped at Walgreens before coming home and got it. Hope it helps. I like my gray hair but it does look a little drab at times. Picked up my dh and we headed for Costco where I picked up some deli meats that my dd likes. She and the kiddies will be here tomorrow. We are having chili tomorrow night I think and she might not like it. Seems like I remember that, but with four kids and 9 gk I do get a little mixed up on who likes what these days! So dh and I had lunch at Costco. I had a whole slice of pizza..we usually share but I was really hungry and thinking it was 3 carb servings and I'd be ok but got home and entered it into calorieking and it is about 5 carb servings! So I messed up again today already!

Turned out the darn form I had the doctor sign was not a WA form!!...so poor dh went to dept of lic only to find out and he had to then go back to the doctor's for another form to be signed! I felt bad for him...guess I didn't read carefully enough when I printed it out. But tomorrow we will be going to the airport and he will really need to park as close as he can as there will be a lot of walking.

Came home and hurridly did my housecleaning. Have one more thing to do before bedtime...opened the cupboard where I keep table cloths...and there were lots of mouse droppings. Don't think it's a new mouse though...I think it's from the previous ones and I just didn't realize they had gotten into that cupboard. I rarely use a tablecloth so don't open it often. Wouldn't want my little gd getting in there so want to be sure and clean it well tonight and will wash all the table cloths too. But right now I'm tired and my back is hurting again. Every time I think it's well, it starts hurting again. Guess I need to take the Motrin more often,...I forget when it's feeling better.

Rosey - when your kids come for the holidays, do they bring baked goods? Mine have never done that yet even when they lived here in town and of course now most of them have to fly to get here. But they have just always expected me to provide everything. Just wondering when the switch happens...from me to them doing the cooking!
They range in age from 33-45. I have an older friend (she's about 76 I think) who said when she hit 70 she told her family she wasn't cooking any more. All her children live nearby but sadly every holiday, she waits and wonders who will invite her to their house. Someone always does, but I'd hate to be like that.

Have a good evening, everyone!
Old 11-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #18  

Maryea..my kids do bake and share..i always used to make my xmas bread called "finnish bisquit" it a sweet bread and id make spritz ,a butter cookie from a cookie press..if the grkids are here we used to make and decorate rolled sugar cookies.. and many other xmas breads cookies and fudge..i used to give friends family and my dh work buddies xmas goodie trays..lots of work but i love it ,this yr i might make a batch for my dh..but since it just us im not going to bother with all the usual traditional goodies as i cant eat them,they always contribute with the meals,help clean up and brfor they go home, they sweep, vacume and put things away and grkids do the dishes..theyr all good kids i guess im lucky christmas is my favorite time of yr..rosey
Old 11-02-2010, 10:35 PM   #19  

Yes, Rosey I'd say you are blessed! I love my kids but they never offer to help...and they did when they were younger ...cause they had to but now no. On a holiday I hate to ask. Well not much of a problem any more since if I see them I usually have to go to their house now and I do love to have them all at home so guess I shouldn't complain. Just getting old and tired I guess.

I posted this in the faith section but hope I won't offend any one by posting it here too. I just discovered this singer/song and just can't get enough! I've listen off and on all day and it's been running great but just now it was starting and stopping...maybe I wore it out? LOL Well, if you want give it a try. It's not in English but it still resonates in my soul.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8aal...eature=related
Old 11-03-2010, 07:55 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

OK, the course is over. I am taking my laptop into BestBuy & getting them to install I-Tunes in such a way that it will work. There is some kind of compatibility issue between I-Tunes and Vista. My goal is to be able to synch an I-Pod & download audio books with I-Tunes so that I can listen while I walk.

In the meantime, I still have my desktop to read/write here.

Last night I went into Philly to volunteer with LLS - Leukemia/Lymphoma Society. I made phone calls to make sure folks had updated information about an upcoming walk. One woman I called REALLY needed to talk. Her 19-year-old daughter is going through a VERY rough chemo treatment. Daughter keeps wanting to stop the treatment & mother believes that the treatment will save her DD's life. It was a VERY emotional call. I was glad that I could listen. Hopefully, it helped.

Today was 35-minute fast walk. Tomorrow is 85 minutes. Am now doing an 18 minute mile. Holding at 152 pounds.

Have a great Fall day,

Lynn
Old 11-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #21  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Mary - did you notice on the YouTube site, someone posted the words to the song for you? They are 2 posts down from yours. I do love this song, and his voice is beautiful.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #22  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
I remember when our mom decided she didn't want Christmas at her house anymore, it was too much work. (18-20 people)She never sat down, was always in the kitchen while we all enjoyed the festivities. After that we all said we'd kick in and help out, started bringing the food to our parents house so she didn't have to spend days cooking/baking. We stayed and did the dishes too because 'There's no Place like Home'. We continue to all meet for a Christmas party at the nursing home where dad lives and it wouldn't be Christmas without getting together with my two brothers/spouses and 2 sisters/spouses. Of course we all have kids and grandkids that come for the party. We were talking last Sunday about whose home we would go to after dad is gone, he's 96. Soon we'll all be the old folks, scary!
Thanks Goodness the elections are over, I'm so sick of all the negative ads. We have a tie for our governor so we'll have to wait for second and probably third countings before we get the results.
Mary...I tried to watch the video but my computer doesn't play any video's very well. They always start and stop and I don't have the patience to wait for the whole video to play out. His voice was beautiful, just saw a few seconds of it.
Zoe...Bummer, doesn't anyone hang clothes out on the line? In the winter time, I hang my clothes up in the basement. They still smell fresh because they air dry. I couldn't dry them in a dryer if I wanted to because DH gave my dryer away a couple of years ago to a needy family. (I never used it anyway so no big deal)
Quote:
Hi Bobbi - I'm afraid that I shall never share your delight in clothes smelling of the clean and fresh outdoors. (Besides, I live in a highly populated area - they wouldn't end up all that clean and fresh, anyway).

Freda...I love that smell and often thought they should figure out a way to bottle it. Well...they have! I accidently ran across a store that had a zillion aromatic bottles of scents, one was a fresh air breeze.
Quote:
Bobbi, I washed the bed linen yesterday and hung it outside on the line for the last time. Like you, I love that smell.
Rosey...so what's in your Finnish Bisquicks?
Gramma...I'm the opposite when my DH is gone, I don't eat enough. I tend to eat vegan meals and then my legs start twitching because I haven't had enough protein.
Lynn...I have Vista and have problems too, I can't ever install photos on this site like I used to. The downloads fail and 3 Fat Chicks couldn't help me with it either. Any computer geeks out there that can help me? I've often thought of going back to Windows but haven't yet. Anyone installed the new Windows 7? (I think it's 7)
Quote:
There is some kind of compatibility issue between I-Tunes and Vista.
Hi two Karens, Glynne, who am I missing? Hello Isabella, where ever you are.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 11-03-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:11 AM   #23  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
I have Vista, too... and have had a lot of isolated problems with it, mostly compatibility related. Most annoying! I wish they'd quit "fixing" things!

I'm so glad this damn election is over! We're still counting ballots here, too, for the Senate race; all amendments and propositions lost. I think people just arbitrarily voted "no" because they were sick of everything!

Here's a link to Recipe4Living's 138 Thanksgiving recipes. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that site!! http://www.recipe4living.com/article...ollection.htm#

Nothing much going on... status quo. Oh, speaking of weird weather patterns, we're supposed to be around 75 today! Is that crazy??

Everyone, hope you're all doing well... Rosey, I'm anxious to see those Christmas gift pictures! Be safe, everyone!

Last edited by jess1; 11-03-2010 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #24  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Happy November. Enjoying that the weather has been a little cooler. Really nice some days

Jess ~ nice picture of you and your mom and aunt

Freda ~ I'm with you ~ glad to have the mamo and pap done ~ don't enjoy it, but always glad to get it over with.

Zoe ~ hope you are feeling better

Mary ~ wow ~ that dad saying that the baby would suck on the candy ~ probably the dad wanted it My dauther and SIL dressed up their 3 month old. Silly to me ~ to waste the money ~ they didn't take her out trick or treating, but got together with some other parents with babies also dressed up ~ sent a picture of all the babies lined up on the couch dressed up in their costumes.

Bobbi ~ I love the smell of the clothes dried outside ~ brings back good memories of childhood ~ used to love going to bed at night in the bed made with those sheets dried on the clothes line

Lynn ~ you're doing awesome with your walking plan and all

GrammaJ ~ did you enjoy the Reba concert?

Rosey ~ that is nice how your kids and grandkids pitch in and help you at the holidays ~ that makes it fun for everyone

The holidays here are ok ~ better now that I don't have to try to fit it in when I have worked all night and then try to stay up all day ~ drooling and nodding I guess I have memories of how it was growing up and it just isn't like that anymore. We actually had two Thanksgivings and two Christmases ~ one with my mom's parents (she was an only child) then one with my dad's side of the family ~ 4 families with 16 grandkids. It was fun ~ being all together. I remember after ~ in the evening going out on the hill out back and going toboganing with the cousins ~ we had a ball After growing up it was never the same. We lived away from the family then ~ so it was just me, DH and the kids.

We get together now ~ at my daughter's. I told her she is the matriarch now I am better at being a helper instead of the head of things, so we go there and I help her with the cooking and cleaning up. Now if the grownups would just grow up. Husband doesn't get along with son, daughter and son have had differences. There isn't anything really said ~ just this stressful feeling knowing that the people are uncomfortable with each other.

The whole Christmas gift giving thing ~ mixed emotions about that ~ it was fun picking stuff out for people, but stressful too ~ because I tend to procrastinate ~ would wait too long, then be all stressed out trying to find just the "right" thing and getting it mailed out on time. Now-a-days, I get gift cards for the ones I have to send to ~ not as fun, but shipping is so expensive.......

Well, I'd better get off here ~ have to get ready for Weight Watchers. I expect the scale to go the wrong way this week ~ I indulged in some of the halloween candy. I didn't do too badly with it, but would have been better off if I had left it alone. Oh well ~ what's done is done ~ today is a new day ~ onward

Have a good day ~ take care
Old 11-03-2010, 11:39 AM   #25  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hi Donna...I was thinking I'd missed someone!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:36 PM   #26  

Morning everyone..raining today at least its not snow.i am glad elections are over,i was tired of the phone calls and recorded messages..Bobbie the bread you asked about is my moms receipe if anyone wants it i'll post it in that section..its made with flour butter eggs sugar canned milk and cardamon..baked in braids with frosting and nuts on top..its addictive..i have to go out and about today to sign some medical release papers so my ins company can have a dated document for 2008 with my wgt on it..that was the yr i spent 6 months in hosp and rehab..so im off..dh is ready to go and the dogs are prancing around ttfn and hope your day is great rosey
Old 11-03-2010, 03:02 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
Hi all,

Mary - did you notice on the YouTube site, someone posted the words to the song for you? They are 2 posts down from yours. I do love this song, and his voice is beautiful.
yes I did see that...figured it was something like that. I love the words too! I want to go to Israel so badly and this song seems to call me there! However we are saving for a car which we will really need soon (ours is 17 years old!) so can't afford the trip yet.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:25 PM   #28  
Want to feel better

Well, my transgressions this week with the halloween candy thankfully only cost me 1 pound at weigh in. Here's to a better week.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #29  

My insurance company ok'ed my surgury they will call on friday and schedule a surg date..im so excited and nervous too! rosey
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #30  
Want to feel better

Hooray Rosey ~ Yippee At last ~ I am so excited for you
Closed Thread