Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #151  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank you Bobbi for the measuring and weighing and calculating.

Thank you Zoe for the instructions about making and using the gel.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #152  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All... (well, 12:25, so good afternoon!)....
I bought my chia seeds at Whole Foods, paid $6.99 for 8 oz. I didn't see any larger sizes there. Isn't it interesting how the prices vary within the same company? I started taking them yesterday and didn't notice anything; however, I took about 3/4 tsp. of the gel suspension this morning and wasn't hungry until about 11 a.m. I want them for the "full" feeling, because I don't have a shut-off switch in my brain.

I also called the vet and asked if it was okay to sprinkle them on SamCat's food. She thought it was a great idea but warned me to be careful to not give him too much (bloat). He's not even missing a lick, so they don't have any taste.

Absolutely GORGEOUS here today! I washed clothes and hung them outside to dry; there won't be many days left to do that. I LOVE this time of year!!!

PT/Zoe, I expect to hear that you're a mere shadow of your former self, very soon, since you're a ChiaChickie now! Bobbi, thanks for turning us onto them (via Dr. Oz, I know!).

Everyone, have a lovely day! Later...........

Last edited by jess1; 10-19-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 148/146/124(edited goal)

Height: 4' 11"

Thanks for the tip on the Chia seeds Bobbi. My problem is I do so well during the day but usually make up for it when I get home from work and on weekends.
Nice 5th Wheel Karen, we used to have a motorhome and just loved taking our own bed and bathroom traveling. Miss those cool summer evenings "camping" in the Colorado mountains.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:55 AM   #154  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I bought the Chia seeds at Whole Foods and paid the $10.99 for a 1# package. I like the taste...I haven't tried the gel but I added a teaspoonful to my tofu dish tonight and it was good. Seems like you could put them into almost anything. I can't really tell any difference but I only used 1 t. in the dish so I only got 1/2 t. myself. I felt full but then I ate a lot of snacks this evening too. Didn't go over on calories or carbs for the day though. I wonder if it is only filling if you take it in the form of gel? Yes I would take a lot of water with it if I take it that way because I know from experience that too much fiber can cause a lot of gas! I have only experienced when I took Fibercon though. NEVER will do that again!

We had a good day. It was very pretty out, so we decided to go shopping. I needed some drapery hooks, and plant food and we also wanted to price security screen doors. Probably won't buy one until spring though. Got everything (except the door) and since we were close we stopped at Whole Foods and I bought the Chia seeds and some meat. I love their meat and have realy missed it...it's a bit out of my way but I think I'm going to start shopping there again. It's worth it...I saw SO many things I wanted to buy. I love that store! But even if I only buy meat and Chia seeds there it is so worth it! I was able to get "organic" ground beef on sale there for 1/2 of what I've been paying at Safeway and I guess I was the only fool to buy it because Safeway told me it didn't sell and went bad so they had to throw it out! It was good beef but I did notice the last package didn't taste as well so think it was probably already getting old when I bought it...thank God, we didn't get sick!

Did anyone watch Biggest Loser? I was really surprised about who they sent home!

Since we ran around all day, I didn't accomplish much of anything here at home...so hopefully tomorrow is a home day. I did get a few loads of laundry done..only a couple more to do tomorrow. We will be leaving on a brief trip soon so want to be sure and get it all done before we go.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #155  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Nottin' going on today except for my chiropractic appointment...boring!
Yesterday I put my chia seeds into my yogurt 1/2 hour before I ate it, they didn't look like they expanded/gelled but who knows? I'm thinking they need water to gel. Doesn't make any difference to me, I'm getting the health benefits of them. I think I'll read up on them today and see other ways to use them.
When I was little, our mom used to make creamed peas and carrots that was a real comfort food. Yesterday I made a calorie friendly version and used cauliflower instead of the butter and cream to make the sauce. I cooked a couple packages of frozen cauliflower in some chicken broth with a dash of nutmeg, drained it and pureed it with some salt and pepper. I used the drained broth to cook the diced carrots and celery, added that to the pureed cauliflower, added some more nutmeg. (I left the carrots/celery diced, just stirred in) It's amazing how cauliflower can take on the taste of whatever you season it with.
Mary... I was surprised too, I wanted that guy that bloated himself up with water before the weigh in to go home. I can't remember his name but he only lost 2 pounds. What a jerk!
Quote:
Did anyone watch Biggest Loser? I was really surprised about who they sent home!
Time to get ready, you all have a fantastic Wednesday!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-20-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Biggest Loser -

I agree with Bobbi - I hoped for Patrick (challenge thrower guy).

Was sorry to see Rick go - I liked him; glad they did not send the new woman home.

Check back later.

Lynn
Old 10-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #157  

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on my students' assignments. Yesterday I went to see the Facebook movie - was VERY interesting.

I am now down to 152 lbs. Not sure why - calories are about the same as they have been but now I am losing. I can think of only 3 differences -

1) I declared myself at maintenance; 2) I am eating more veggies (therefore, fiber); 3) I have increased the intensity (but not the total time) of my exercising.

Anyone have any ideas about which thing is working? At least for now, I intend to continue # 2 & 3 - not sure about #1.

Lynn
Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 AM   #158  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Nothing much to say today... status quo!
Lynn, I would think that upping your veggies has had a good effect on you. Fruits and veggies really ARE wonder foods, aren't they?

Hope you're all doing well. Bobbi, as always, your cooking makes me salivate! You really have talent! Speaking of which, but not at all, how's your GS doing this semester? I know how proud you are of him!

Rosey, any news? KarenMO, any news?

Everyone, later....... PT/Zoe, keep Chia-ing! So easy! SamCat and I are convinced! Everyone, be safe!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #159  

Morning the frost is deff on the pumpkin here sunny but cold brrrr.. we always have snow befor halloween..nothing going on here..i havent heard if my ins will pay or not yet waiting is hard..we received willie's cremains yesterday..they also sent a plack with his paw print in it..i thought that was a lovely gesture..my niece came by with another dog for us..he looked like a mini willie but he was a westy called sugar..im not wanting another pet yet so she took him home with her..i have been working on my xmas project when they are done i'll take a pic to share..they are snow men familys..each family is personalized with miniatures of the things that person likes .for instance my sister is a quilter so i made a mini quilt for her snowwoman to hold..im making 6 diff sets of familys and 6 ornaments for each family too! have i said id rather be crafting than doing anything else..my kids say i have "crafty fluffs" all over..theyre right im in agreeement about biggest looser..if you have the gumption to thro a competion at least admitt it..some are always game players hoping your day is great (((hugs))) for all rosey
Old 10-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #160  

Height: 5'3"

rosey - the quilting sounds nice. I have alway wanted to make a quilt and saved all the fabrics left from my making clothes for the kids and I, even some from my mom. they are probably too old now to use but I don't think I'll ever do it anyway. I'm just too lazy and sewing of any kind is way too tedius for me. I used to get grouchy when I sewed for me and the kids I remember...sorry about it now but I was only sewing because I thought that was what a mom did...my sister, sil and mom all sewed but I was just really not that good at it and after the first hour on a new project I didn't really want to do it. I am not into any kind of crafts at all but I admire others who are.

Jess and Lynn - I agree with Jess...think it was the veggies probably. I notice when I eat lots of greens, my weight drops. That's what I'm trying to do these days...my beans and greens diet! LOL Luckily I do like both, but at times my mind wanders back to thoughts of other less healthy foods and I am far from perfect.

Bobbi - cauliflower dish sounds good. I like that Indian dish they make with cauliflower and peas, but think they also put potato in it. Of course, i like most anything with potatoes!

Was that Patrick that lost only 2 lbs? I was thinking it was Brindan but my dh said Patrick too.

Finishing up my laundry today but haven't done much else. Hope to get a little more done tonight. Tonight is leftovers night so dinner is easy.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #161  

I am sitting here watching "Killer at Large: Obesity." VERY interesting.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #162  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Evenin', all....long, busy day here, but tomorrow will be easier. I have to be out in the western part of the state, but not until late morning, so I get to sleep in (by "in", think past 5:00)some. So far, my ch-ch-chia seeds are doing the trick. Somewhere that I read, it said they can be addicting. Hmmm. Mebbe so. Mostly, I'm using them - in the gel, I mean - three times a day. In the AM, I mix the gel in with my pink grapefruit, at noon, I usually put two-to-three tablespoons of the gel into a glass and add about a half a cup or so of my iced tea and drink it down. Same thing at supper time. Today, I was in back-to-back meetings, had no time for lunch and so just drank down my chia gel with my iced tea, and felt perfectly full all afternoon long. Not even excessively hungry at supper, but ate a small serving of chili made with ground turkey and red kidney beans. I'm feeling my clothes loosen up again, which is pretty awesome. Haven't weighed in yet - not quite ready for that.
That recipe sure sounds good, Bobbi - I'll have to give it a try on the weekend when I have a little time to get creative in the kitchen.
Hiya PT and everybody...Mary, I love to THINK about all the crafts and such that I'd like to do, but never get past the thinking about it stage, so it looks like we for sure share that trait. Hi Rosey...I just know those snowfamilies are going to be a huge hit at Christmas! How clever! Your talking about them made me think of all the little touches I could put on them for MY family members. It was fun THINKING about it....I'm afraid there won't be any snow families under the trees here in Massachusetts this year, though. I never quite make it past the thinking stage.... Look at YOU, Lynn...maybe you were just stressing too much over getting those last pounds off, and all the stress got in the way. Once you stopped worrying about it, the weight started dropping again. Well, whatever the reason, congrats on a job well done....
Hi Gayle, Karen3 & 31, Freda...hope you're all having a good week! You, too, Lily.
Oh, I'm going to try to post a few pictures of our weekend excursion with the grandkiddos. They might be too large, tho..

Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 umama & grandkiddos.jpg (35.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 1 morgan & umama.jpg (35.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 15 stone & dev on the train.jpg (32.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 23 another open bridge shot.jpg (21.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-21-2010, 09:12 AM   #163  

Hi Everyone,

Just got back from my "fast" walk. I did 76 minutes. It was tougher than I thought it would be. On the way back, I thought I was going much slower - felt much more difficult. However, got back to start point in 38 minutes. Did 3.5 miles in 75 minutes. I am still just doing a 20 minute mile.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 10-21-2010, 10:09 AM   #164  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Quick check in... have a meeting and need to get ready to roll.
PT/Zoe, love the pictures! The scenery shot is really pretty; I like the way your colors are changing!

Lynn, sounds like you're back to the punishing routine! I admire your tenacity!

No news. Hope all are well. Later......... Be safe!
Old 10-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #165  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Greeting!
Allrecipes.com had a yummy jello on their daily email today, I cut the calories but not the taste. It's a creamy jello salad you could doll up for Thanksgiving. You can put it into a jello mold and then put a fresh fruit compote over it.
The only thing I changed was 4 oz. of fat free cream cheese instead of 8 oz. and I used fat free cool whip. The recipe serves 12 @ 33 calories per serving with the fat free cream cheese, cool whip and splenda instead of sugar.
White Gelatin
Quote:
"This recipe is called white gelatin but is very moist unlike regular gelatin. My family has made this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas and it never gets old."
Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup boiling water 1 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well blended. In a separate bowl, dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Stir into the cream cheese mixture along with the milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in the whipped topping. Pour into a mold if desired, and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours

Last edited by Bobbolink; 10-21-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Closed Thread