Menopause and Hot Flashes

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Lynn - Are you presently using a supplement of some kind for your hot flashes? If so, you can take iCool along with it. I take either Estroven or Remiphemin (depending on what I find for best price) during the day (whatever dose it says on the package...varies depending on product and strength) and then at bedtime I take the iCool. Told my doctor about iCool yesterday and it was new to him. It is selling fast at Walgreens...most times there is only one or two packages left by the time I get there...today I bought the last package they had! If we go south for the winter I am going to stock up before we go as often I can't find things there I can get up here.

Hope it works for you...it started helping me right away and I have pretty bad hot flashes all day and all night ...not as bad as they used to be but still pretty bad. But now with iCool they are less intense and less frequent. I may survive menopause yet if they keep making iCool ! LOL Someone told me that having hot flashes keeps me young...I said I think I'm ready to be an old lady!
  • Menopause and Hot Flashes
    Maryea, that ICool sounds - cool! I did have some success with Remifemin for the hot flashes. It was the mood part that finally drove me to HRT and BHRT. It also seems to have helped my fibromyalgia. Just last month I was off for 5 days and the shoulder aches came back stronger than ever before.After a couple of days back on I started feeling better. May be a coincidence but I don't want to try that again.
    Emaline, I find myself waking up every night around 4 a.m. Of course have to go to the bathroom so then I'm quite awake. About the time I'm falling back to sleep DH is shuffling to the bathroom...I've become a light sleeper, I think since I had children. We went from a queensize bed to a king a couple of years ago. That helped a lot.
  • Quote: Lynn - Are you presently using a supplement of some kind for your hot flashes? If so, you can take iCool along with it. I take either Estroven or Remiphemin (depending on what I find for best price) during the day (whatever dose it says on the package...varies depending on product and strength) and then at bedtime I take the iCool. Told my doctor about iCool yesterday and it was new to him. It is selling fast at Walgreens...most times there is only one or two packages left by the time I get there...today I bought the last package they had! If we go south for the winter I am going to stock up before we go as often I can't find things there I can get up here.

Hope it works for you...it started helping me right away and I have pretty bad hot flashes all day and all night ...not as bad as they used to be but still pretty bad. But now with iCool they are less intense and less frequent. I may survive menopause yet if they keep making iCool ! LOL Someone told me that having hot flashes keeps me young...I said I think I'm ready to be an old lady!
    Hi Mary,

I stopped taking the other otc stuff bc it was not working.

I'll let you know about i cool.

Lynn
  • Quote: Hi Mary,

I stopped taking the other otc stuff bc it was not working.

I'll let you know about i cool.

Lynn
    I hope iCool works just as well on it's own. Maybe I should try it that way as the other OTC doesn't help me much either and it is expensive buying both. But combination is working well and I don't want to rock the boat.. Yesterday I was able to buy iCool for $21.99 at WG. I had a $5 coupon but forgot to use it as I had lots of WG RR and Reward Certificates which really helped and I was so focused on them. But hopefully I can still use the coupon next time. The box I bought was the LAST one they had so guess there are a lot women buying it! Good luck with it Lynn.
  • I got a lot of relief from the hot flashes/flushes by taking Black Cohosh, 540 mg. THREE times a day. I had tried some of these supplements previously and nothing really helped. As it turned out, I guess I wasn't taking enough of it. I checked on a bottle that I paid $$ for and it was some blend of supplements with very little black cohosh in there (although there was a bit)....it just wasn't enough to be helpful. I was taking HRT's for over 10 years, felt like I really needed to get off and wanted to see if stopping them would help me lose some weight - which btw, it did not....so far I haven't lost any weight, although I participate in Weight Watcher's and try to eat by their program and exercise....still weigh what I weighed a year ago...
  • Hi Everyone,

The I-Cool definitely works. I still get some hot flashes, but not as often and not as strong.

I use it by itself & take it in the morning.

Lynn
  • Lynn, I'm past needing it, but have some friends who will welcome this info. Thank you for letting us know about it!
  • Quote: I got a lot of relief from the hot flashes/flushes by taking Black Cohosh, 540 mg. THREE times a day. I had tried some of these supplements previously and nothing really helped. As it turned out, I guess I wasn't taking enough of it. I checked on a bottle that I paid $$ for and it was some blend of supplements with very little black cohosh in there (although there was a bit)....it just wasn't enough to be helpful. I was taking HRT's for over 10 years, felt like I really needed to get off and wanted to see if stopping them would help me lose some weight - which btw, it did not....so far I haven't lost any weight, although I participate in Weight Watcher's and try to eat by their program and exercise....still weigh what I weighed a year ago...
    Maybe that is my problem with Estroven and Remiphemin...not enough black cohosh. But be aware that black cohosh has been suspected as possibly causing cancer. Forgot exactly what I read but it was something like that. You can find it online. My doc is leery of all herbal supplements as he says there is no proof they are any healthier than HRT, but I say I KNOW HRT is dangerous and I HAVE to have some relief!
  • Today my WG had iCool for $14.95!! I bought three packages as I'm stocking up for our winter trip. Sometimes I can't buy the supplements I want in other states. I have a $5 coupon but unfortunately I didn't have it with me. It would have been worth going home and getting it but I knew I'd have trouble getting myself to go out in the cold rain a second time so I just bought them at the sale price. Hopefully I'll get back before the sale is over or they are all gone.
    ETA: You have to use your club card for this price.